Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over to you Box Office 21:21 - Dec 18 with 26959 viewsDarran

lol

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Over to you Box Office on 10:32 - Dec 19 with 1287 viewsJoe_Allen

clucas has been poor even when clement has played him on the left side of midfield. the guy is a lower league player, plain and simple. there's a reason hull went down last season with him.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 11:02]
Over to you Box Office on 10:33 - Dec 19 with 1274 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Over to you Box Office on 09:05 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Of course he was played out of position at left wing back and I never said anything differently. What I did say was it was nice to see him play further up the field in a more attacking role, as the DM Clement had played him in that far had ruined him.

He played on the left side of midfield last season and he was on the brink of an England call up. He was also the subject of a £12m bid from Sean Dyche, so no offence to your little opinion but don't be offended if I think it's pathetic.

We're finally seeing glimpses of what this side could have been playing like from the start of the season, the fact we didn't and the tactical and team choices is all down to one man

Everyone loves to moan, Swans fans are more famous for that than ever getting behind the side, especially when the chips are down, but the moans should be aimed at our head coach, nowhere else.

"He played on the left side of midfield last season and he was on the brink of an England call up."

It's no wonder no one takes you seriously on here when you make up rubbish like this. On the brink of an England call up? Really?

The only "report" that ever even alluded to Clucas and the England NT was that one completely unsubstantiated article from the extremely reliable and credible Dailymail claiming that Southgate had sent scouts to watch him. No other publication reported it. Even if any of that rubbish were true, it means absolutely nothing as he ended up getting no call up. Even if he had got called up, getting an England cap doesn't automatically make you a good player. Lewis Cook was recently inexplicably called up for the friendly vs. Brazil last month and he's complete shit. In fact, he can't even make the starting lineup for a piss poor Bournemouth side that's currently just 1 point off the relegation zone. Then you have players like Tom Cleverley who's been garbage the majority of his career and never anything more than an average at best footballer and he somehow has 13 caps for England. But somehow a guy like Mark Noble, who from 2009-2016 was statistically one of the best midfielders in the Premier League has 0 caps.

Call ups and/or international caps are awful way to judge a player. Matt Le Tissier is one of the all time greats and yet he only got called up 8 times for England. Same goes for Steve Bruce, who was somehow NEVER called up.

"He was also the subject of a £12m bid from Sean Dyche, so no offence to your little opinion but don't be offended if I think it's pathetic."

Please be offended by your little opinion, because it is terribly wrong. Burnley never bid £12m. It was us who bid that amount:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5423628-swansea-close-to-signing-hull-s-sam-clucas-as

Plus, even if Dyche thought he was worth £x amount, it means nothing. Dyche's strengths lie in getting his team organized and getting them to defend well--the transfer market is not his strong suite. In fact, I'd argue he's one of the poorer managers around when it comes to buying. The bloke somehow paid £10.5m for Jeff Hendrick of all people and £15m for Chris Wood.

"Everyone loves to moan, Swans fans are more famous for that than ever getting behind the side, especially when the chips are down, but the moans should be aimed at our head coach, nowhere else."

If only you could abide by your own words. Until recently you were still making threads bitching and moaning about Sigurdsson and Llorente. The irony is killing me.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 10:35]

Come on you Swans.

Over to you Box Office on 10:47 - Dec 19 with 1245 viewschad

Over to you Box Office on 09:44 - Dec 19 by Joe_bradshaw

I agree entirely with your post.

Your last paragraph is spot on and that’s why people are giving up all hope. The people at our club who are going to make the major decisions on what we need and how to get what we need are incapable of making those decisions.

We need three players minimum by the end of the first week in January so plans must already be in place having identified them to put the bids in and get the negotiations done. I have no faith whatsoever that this has been done. I have no faith in them identifying what we need and I have no faith in them having the get up and go to make it happen even if they have somehow identified them.

I don’t even think they care that much. They’re probably more involved right now in planning how to get out as financially unscathed as possible after relegation than trying to avoid that relegation in the first place.

Re your last paragraph

That plan would always have been in place
Over to you Box Office on 10:50 - Dec 19 with 1236 viewsLegend83

I would give Clucas an extended run out in place of Carroll on the left and let him try and develop some sort of relationship with Olssen. Carroll is spent and can't even do the basics at the moment.

A midfield of Clucas, Mesa and Ki has a reasonable balance of skill (Ki), energy (Clucas) and being a footballer (Mesa).

I actually thought Dyer had a reasonable game last night and would continue playing him on one wing, Narsingh was ok but faded in the 2nd - him and Ayew are interchangeable impact players and we need to upgrade on both in the window.

Might get pelters for this but I would play McBurnie over Abraham. McBurnie's hold up play is better currently, and we might as well give much needed experience to our own player!
Over to you Box Office on 11:16 - Dec 19 with 1183 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 07:54 - Dec 19 by costalotta

It's only the right decision if we improved the position of the club. We didn't, therefore it wasn't. It could have been of course but in the way it's turning out it clearly wasn't.

As Lisa explains, they are not related.

One is the selling side of the club. The other is the buying.

Selling Gylfi was absolutely the right thing to do for a multitude of reasons, still is.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Over to you Box Office on 11:19 - Dec 19 with 1174 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 07:50 - Dec 19 by costalotta

Everton thought he was and paid it.

Thus , the market decided and thus he was worth 45m the day he moved. Is he still worth it? Who knows but what I do know is I'd rather have him than the 45m worth of talent that we procured to replace him.

Doesnt really work like that. If I had a piece of fluff and someone was idiotic enough to pay me £1000 for it, it doesnt mean pieces of fluff are worth £1000. It means someone was stupid enough to pay that.

For something to be worth an amount you should generally be able to get that amount anywhere.

He wasnt, isnt and probably never will be worth £45m no matter how many people pine for him. As I said, Leroy Fer scored yesterday too.

Over to you Box Office on 11:25 - Dec 19 with 1156 viewslifelong

Over to you Box Office on 11:16 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

Selling Gylfi was absolutely the right thing to do for a multitude of reasons, still is.

If he’d been adequately replaced it might have been, he wasn’t so it still isn’t.
Over to you Box Office on 11:27 - Dec 19 with 1155 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 11:25 - Dec 19 by lifelong

If he’d been adequately replaced it might have been, he wasn’t so it still isn’t.

The first sentence covers that.

Makes no difference.

Login to get fewer ads

Over to you Box Office on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 1156 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 11:25 - Dec 19 by lifelong

Don’t bother Rog this blokes got to be disagreeing for the sake of it.

If anyone says we haven’t missed Gylfis corners,freekicks,shooting and passing they need to pack it in.

One trick pony see.

Over to you Box Office on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 1143 viewslifelong

Over to you Box Office on 11:27 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

The first sentence covers that.

Makes no difference.

When we go down it will make a hell of a difference, we are desperately short of an attacking midfield player who can score goals.
Over to you Box Office on 11:33 - Dec 19 with 1143 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 11:31 - Dec 19 by Darran

Don’t bother Rog this blokes got to be disagreeing for the sake of it.

If anyone says we haven’t missed Gylfis corners,freekicks,shooting and passing they need to pack it in.

One trick pony see.

If someone offred you £8m for your car. The correct decision would be to sell it.

Whether you then got robbed of the cash is irrelevant.

The correct decision was to sell at such a mental price.

If you think that is disagreeing fir the sake of it then you are bonkers.

Over to you Box Office on 11:36 - Dec 19 with 1140 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 11:31 - Dec 19 by lifelong

When we go down it will make a hell of a difference, we are desperately short of an attacking midfield player who can score goals.

Again, makes no difference.

We sign Gylfi tomorrow,mwe will still go down. The problem isnt Gylfi the problem is the club.

Anyone stating we were wrong to sell him is either utterly mental or just being silly to make a point.

Over to you Box Office on 11:36 - Dec 19 with 1145 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 11:33 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

If someone offred you £8m for your car. The correct decision would be to sell it.

Whether you then got robbed of the cash is irrelevant.

The correct decision was to sell at such a mental price.

If you think that is disagreeing fir the sake of it then you are bonkers.

You’re completely missing the point and I believe you’re doing on purpose.
We were a better team with him in the side,yes it was good business,yes he wasn’t worth that,yes we couldn’t turn it down and yes he wanted to go.
Stop trolling for the sake of it.

Go on have the last word.

Over to you Box Office on 11:42 - Dec 19 with 1131 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 11:36 - Dec 19 by Darran

You’re completely missing the point and I believe you’re doing on purpose.
We were a better team with him in the side,yes it was good business,yes he wasn’t worth that,yes we couldn’t turn it down and yes he wanted to go.
Stop trolling for the sake of it.

Go on have the last word.

I am not missing the point at all, your point makes no sense.

...you were better on the road with your car, still had to sell at £8m though.

Our leadership side was better when Williams was here. Our personality was better when Chico was here. Our inventiveness was better when Hernandez was here. Our pace was better when Barrow was here. Our striking was better when Gomis was here. Our set pieces was better when gylfi was here...

were we right to sell each and every one of them? Damn right we were.

If you cant understand that then I cant help you. Stick to telling women to go f*ck themselves for telling you a home truth I guess.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 11:43]

Over to you Box Office on 12:20 - Dec 19 with 1105 viewscostalotta

Over to you Box Office on 11:16 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

Nope it clearly wasn't. I could have been, but isn't for the reasons stated. And if thats your view so be it, its only your view which maybe shared by Lisa. Doesn't make it right i'm afraid.

In running my investments and businesses if i invest or change, i always do it from a position of strength and I ALWAYS do it when its the right time. When the time is right INCLUDES knowing exactly what I am going to do next as ALL MY DUCKS WOULD BE IN LINE. Thus, i always tried to know 2 or 3 steps ahead. Thus, they are totally related and only a child pretending to know or amateur would argue otherwise. The phrase left and right hands spring to mind.

Now, it COULD have been the right decision but it wasn't as recent history, current form and league position demonstrate quite clearly. If you can't see it, you can't and likely never will. No bother.
Over to you Box Office on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 1102 viewsShonky

Over to you Box Office on 21:25 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

I don't think he said Gylfi would never score again did he?

He said he wasn't worth £45m.

Which he isn't.

Is he three times better than Clucas? If so he is worth £48M.

Its just a ride...

Over to you Box Office on 12:28 - Dec 19 with 1080 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 12:22 - Dec 19 by Shonky

Is he three times better than Clucas? If so he is worth £48M.

Is he worse than Michu? If so hes worth less than £2m.

Over to you Box Office on 12:33 - Dec 19 with 1071 viewsShonky

Over to you Box Office on 12:28 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

If it were 2012 you might have a point.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 12:35]

Its just a ride...

Over to you Box Office on 12:33 - Dec 19 with 1066 viewsTheResurrection

Over to you Box Office on 10:33 - Dec 19 by MyFinalHeaven

"He played on the left side of midfield last season and he was on the brink of an England call up."

It's no wonder no one takes you seriously on here when you make up rubbish like this. On the brink of an England call up? Really?

The only "report" that ever even alluded to Clucas and the England NT was that one completely unsubstantiated article from the extremely reliable and credible Dailymail claiming that Southgate had sent scouts to watch him. No other publication reported it. Even if any of that rubbish were true, it means absolutely nothing as he ended up getting no call up. Even if he had got called up, getting an England cap doesn't automatically make you a good player. Lewis Cook was recently inexplicably called up for the friendly vs. Brazil last month and he's complete shit. In fact, he can't even make the starting lineup for a piss poor Bournemouth side that's currently just 1 point off the relegation zone. Then you have players like Tom Cleverley who's been garbage the majority of his career and never anything more than an average at best footballer and he somehow has 13 caps for England. But somehow a guy like Mark Noble, who from 2009-2016 was statistically one of the best midfielders in the Premier League has 0 caps.

Call ups and/or international caps are awful way to judge a player. Matt Le Tissier is one of the all time greats and yet he only got called up 8 times for England. Same goes for Steve Bruce, who was somehow NEVER called up.

"He was also the subject of a £12m bid from Sean Dyche, so no offence to your little opinion but don't be offended if I think it's pathetic."

Please be offended by your little opinion, because it is terribly wrong. Burnley never bid £12m. It was us who bid that amount:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5423628-swansea-close-to-signing-hull-s-sam-clucas-as

Plus, even if Dyche thought he was worth £x amount, it means nothing. Dyche's strengths lie in getting his team organized and getting them to defend well--the transfer market is not his strong suite. In fact, I'd argue he's one of the poorer managers around when it comes to buying. The bloke somehow paid £10.5m for Jeff Hendrick of all people and £15m for Chris Wood.

"Everyone loves to moan, Swans fans are more famous for that than ever getting behind the side, especially when the chips are down, but the moans should be aimed at our head coach, nowhere else."

If only you could abide by your own words. Until recently you were still making threads bitching and moaning about Sigurdsson and Llorente. The irony is killing me.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 10:35]

You write a lot of words, a lot of shit too.

You've gone around in circles so many times you've made yourself giddy.

Call ups to the national team mean nothing, except in that other thread you're embarrassing yourself in talking up Tevez and err....... His international call ups!!!

Bore off you silly tvvat

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Over to you Box Office on 12:35 - Dec 19 with 1057 viewsTheResurrection

Over to you Box Office on 11:19 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

Doesnt really work like that. If I had a piece of fluff and someone was idiotic enough to pay me £1000 for it, it doesnt mean pieces of fluff are worth £1000. It means someone was stupid enough to pay that.

For something to be worth an amount you should generally be able to get that amount anywhere.

He wasnt, isnt and probably never will be worth £45m no matter how many people pine for him. As I said, Leroy Fer scored yesterday too.

Bang on.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Over to you Box Office on 12:36 - Dec 19 with 1051 viewsShonky

Over to you Box Office on 12:28 - Dec 19 by E20Jack

"For something to be worth an amount you should generally be able to get that amount anywhere. "

HA

Its just a ride...

Over to you Box Office on 12:36 - Dec 19 with 1048 viewsTheResurrection

Over to you Box Office on 12:20 - Dec 19 by costalotta

Nope it clearly wasn't. I could have been, but isn't for the reasons stated. And if thats your view so be it, its only your view which maybe shared by Lisa. Doesn't make it right i'm afraid.

In running my investments and businesses if i invest or change, i always do it from a position of strength and I ALWAYS do it when its the right time. When the time is right INCLUDES knowing exactly what I am going to do next as ALL MY DUCKS WOULD BE IN LINE. Thus, i always tried to know 2 or 3 steps ahead. Thus, they are totally related and only a child pretending to know or amateur would argue otherwise. The phrase left and right hands spring to mind.

Now, it COULD have been the right decision but it wasn't as recent history, current form and league position demonstrate quite clearly. If you can't see it, you can't and likely never will. No bother.

Warren Buffet over here 😂

Over to you Box Office on 12:39 - Dec 19 with 1040 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sold Sigurdsson for good money - understandable. Had no contingency - unforgivable.
Over to you Box Office on 12:41 - Dec 19 with 1033 viewslondonlisa2001

Over to you Box Office on 12:39 - Dec 19 by AngelRangelQS

Sold Sigurdsson for good money - understandable. Had no contingency - unforgivable.

Exactly this.
Over to you Box Office on 12:43 - Dec 19 with 1021 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 12:36 - Dec 19 by Shonky

"For something to be worth an amount you should generally be able to get that amount anywhere. "

HA

"HA"

Lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024