Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? 19:14 - Dec 23 with 12895 viewsLohengrin

Just out of curiosity are there many (or any) contributors on here attending a service tomorrow?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:28 - Dec 26 with 1969 viewsSTID2017

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 23:57 - Dec 25 by trampie

Are churches and chapels open round the clock, all day every day, doors unlocked ? - they should be.

They always used to be until hooligans and thieves made it unworkable to continue to do so

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:34 - Dec 26 with 1960 viewsSTID2017

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:23 - Dec 26 by Mo_Wives

Wouldn't surprise me. Most people worship at the house of Kardashian these days.

True - ourselves included.
The nearest we got to church over the last two days was watching the Carol concert from Kings, the Tom Jones gospel thingy (quite enjoyed it, against my best wishes) and Call The Midwife (lots of nuns, a vicar and a Christmas miracle baby0
Gave us a warm glow
Had a good day but going to church didn't feature

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:41 - Dec 26 with 1959 viewsMo_Wives

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:34 - Dec 26 by STID2017

True - ourselves included.
The nearest we got to church over the last two days was watching the Carol concert from Kings, the Tom Jones gospel thingy (quite enjoyed it, against my best wishes) and Call The Midwife (lots of nuns, a vicar and a Christmas miracle baby0
Gave us a warm glow
Had a good day but going to church didn't feature

Yeah, but the important thing is...did Kim find out Khloe's secret?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:44 - Dec 26 with 1946 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:28 - Dec 26 by STID2017

They always used to be until hooligans and thieves made it unworkable to continue to do so

It makes you wonder who these bad eggs are, where they come from, what religion they are, etc.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:46 - Dec 26 with 1945 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

And then it’s gone ,Celebrating a folklore in style.

If Jesus was alive today he’d be arrested for protest and banged up in jail in Israel

Silent night

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:56 - Dec 26 with 1934 viewsSTID2017

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:44 - Dec 26 by trampie

It makes you wonder who these bad eggs are, where they come from, what religion they are, etc.

All walks of life and all nationalities.
Good and bad in all areas, whether white, black, asian, Welsh, English, Polish, Chinese, Syrian, Christian, Muslim, Druids.
People are good or people or bad, all the rest are just different parts of the bigger picture.
I know lots of Welsh people I wouldn't trust at all, and many of other nationalities who I''d happily give my house keys to

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:02 - Dec 26 with 1928 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:56 - Dec 26 by STID2017

Good and bad in all areas, whether white, black, asian, Welsh, English, Polish, Chinese, Syrian, Christian, Muslim, Druids.
People are good or people or bad, all the rest are just different parts of the bigger picture.
I know lots of Welsh people I wouldn't trust at all, and many of other nationalities who I''d happily give my house keys to

If the doors were open and I remember them being open that is why I have mentioned it then what has changed over recent decades ?.......hmm

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:31 - Dec 26 with 1918 viewsSTID2017

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:02 - Dec 26 by trampie

If the doors were open and I remember them being open that is why I have mentioned it then what has changed over recent decades ?.......hmm

Well I can't answer that on here.
It would take an essay to do that.
Suffice to say though, it's nothing to do with immigration as many like to imply.
Most of us cannot trace our roots back and say we are pure Welsh.
Many of us are of non-Welsh stock, whether Irish (my Mum) , or wherever else we all come from way back when.
Immigrants get too much bad press.
It's the old "They come over here taking our jobs" that has been trundled out for time in memoriam.
Mostly low paid jobs British workers don't want to do

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:58 - Dec 26 with 1910 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:31 - Dec 26 by STID2017

Suffice to say though, it's nothing to do with immigration as many like to imply.
Many of us are of non-Welsh stock, whether Irish (my Mum) , or wherever else we all come from way back when.
It's the old "They come over here taking our jobs" that has been trundled out for time in memoriam.

Hope you are not slating the British worker there STID2017 ? as it would take an essay to answer but suffice to say that in some cases the immigrants become British and I assume will then per your argument not do low paid jobs.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 09:07 - Dec 26 with 1894 viewsSTID2017

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:58 - Dec 26 by trampie

Hope you are not slating the British worker there STID2017 ? as it would take an essay to answer but suffice to say that in some cases the immigrants become British and I assume will then per your argument not do low paid jobs.

The " British Worker" reflects society in general - good and bad in all.
Assimilated British are in general hardworking, as are those "born and bred" (careful where we go with that one) , but of course there are bad pennies and work shy individuals in all races

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 09:18 - Dec 26 with 1887 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 09:07 - Dec 26 by STID2017

The " British Worker" reflects society in general - good and bad in all.
Assimilated British are in general hardworking, as are those "born and bred" (careful where we go with that one) , but of course there are bad pennies and work shy individuals in all races

Assimilated and immigrant workers are no better than British workers, in fact British workers are good, protestant work ethic and all that.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:14 - Dec 26 with 1848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 08:31 - Dec 26 by STID2017

Regarding your last sentence - maybe they can't afford to? 7.50 per hour these days doesn't go a long way towards rent and basic necessities, let alone any frivolous items like clothes etc etc

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:14 - Dec 26 with 1848 viewsMo_Wives

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 07:56 - Dec 26 by STID2017

Sometimes the same individual can be both good and bad. A person who may have been bad, a few years later can become good. John may have done something good on Wednesday afternoon. Fast forward to Friday night and he's being a c*nt.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:18 - Dec 26 with 1844 viewsJack_Meoff

It's all allegorically related to astrology isn't it? The (re) birth of the Sun (son) on the 25th, which has lain dead or dormant (in the tomb) after the winter solstice on the 21st, where the sun reaches its lowest point in the sky. It then stays there for three days before once again rising on the 25th to start again its movement across the heavens.

The virgin relates to the zodiac sign Virgo which the sun passes through at the end of August and September.
The betrayal relates to the 'sting' of the Scorpion (Scorpio).
The carrying of the cross relates to Libra (the sign of balance).

The three wise men are the stars of Orion's Belt (Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka). The star in the east is Sirius.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:23 - Dec 26 with 1838 viewsWarwickHunt

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:18 - Dec 26 by Jack_Meoff

It's all allegorically related to astrology isn't it? The (re) birth of the Sun (son) on the 25th, which has lain dead or dormant (in the tomb) after the winter solstice on the 21st, where the sun reaches its lowest point in the sky. It then stays there for three days before once again rising on the 25th to start again its movement across the heavens.

The virgin relates to the zodiac sign Virgo which the sun passes through at the end of August and September.

The three wise men are the stars of Orion's Belt (Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka). The star in the east is Sirius.

More tinfoil. Pronto.
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:37 - Dec 26 with 1827 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 06:07 - Dec 26 by Mo_Wives

Ghandi was a nationalist.

Also a massive racist. Go figure.

Poll: Tory leader

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:44 - Dec 26 with 1820 viewsdickythorpe

Slow left arm chinaman
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:47 - Dec 26 with 1813 viewsdickythorpe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-arm_unorthodox_spin
Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 11:02 - Dec 26 with 1807 viewsMo_Wives

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:18 - Dec 26 by Jack_Meoff

No. Astro-theology is New Age bullshit. The New age religion is the religion for a New world order. The person who popularized it in recent times was Manly P Hall (33 degree mason). It was spread in the last few years by hucksters and fraudsters like Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion and Peter Joseph who made the documentary 'Zeitgeist'...which he should have called 'Horseshit'

For example...

The Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek. Son/ Sun sounding the same only works in modern English. In the original texts the words for the sun and a male child do not sound the same.

If the stars in Orion's belt were the three kings and they were following Sirius, then they would be travelling west, not east. Also, the alignment of Orion's belt, Sirius and the Sun happens every day for a few months...not just once on the 25th December.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 11:04 - Dec 26 with 1804 viewsMo_Wives

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 10:37 - Dec 26 by exiledclaseboy

Also a massive racist. Go figure.

Good point. You got me there

Oh, and Merry Christmas, Easy B.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 11:29 - Dec 26 with 1782 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 11:04 - Dec 26 by Mo_Wives

Good point. You got me there

Oh, and Merry Christmas, Easy B.

Same to you, Momeister General.

Poll: Tory leader

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 12:33 - Dec 26 with 1762 viewsLohengrin

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 22:24 - Dec 25 by exiledclaseboy

Of course it does. Nationalists are peas in a pod. Ugly, small minded, parochial and destructive.

From a roguishly handsome, intellectually expansive interpreter of pan-European nationalism your comment has just been given the amused, haughty sniff of disdain

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 13:58 - Dec 26 with 1718 viewswaynekerr55

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 09:18 - Dec 26 by trampie

Assimilated and immigrant workers are no better than British workers, in fact British workers are good, protestant work ethic and all that.

You've not mentioned Red Tories, are you feeling well in yourself?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 15:06 - Dec 26 with 1686 viewstrampie

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 13:58 - Dec 26 by waynekerr55

You've not mentioned Red Tories, are you feeling well in yourself?

That is because they are busy talking about doing home improvements on a wreck of a property they have done their money on that they are not even sure they legally own.

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 16:35 - Dec 26 with 1654 viewscsf

Anybody attending a Church or Chapel service tomorrow (Christmas Eve)? on 11:02 - Dec 26 by Mo_Wives

No. Astro-theology is New Age bullshit. The New age religion is the religion for a New world order. The person who popularized it in recent times was Manly P Hall (33 degree mason). It was spread in the last few years by hucksters and fraudsters like Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion and Peter Joseph who made the documentary 'Zeitgeist'...which he should have called 'Horseshit'

For example...

The Bible was written in Hebrew and Greek. Son/ Sun sounding the same only works in modern English. In the original texts the words for the sun and a male child do not sound the same.

If the stars in Orion's belt were the three kings and they were following Sirius, then they would be travelling west, not east. Also, the alignment of Orion's belt, Sirius and the Sun happens every day for a few months...not just once on the 25th December.

Also the Bible doesn't mention three kings, or Magi or wise men depending on what you call them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024