Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch completed tomorrow evening 10:42 - Feb 12 with 22059 viewsRAFC1907

Had a good talk with Russ Green this morning, what a smashing bloke.

Brought down tea and coffee for the fans waiting for tickets, and gave us info about the pitch which he had hoped it would be done by today but with the climate it will be tomorrow evening and the dome will be up protecting it for Sunday.

Roll on Sunday, Up the Dale.

Poll: Bottomley...

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 17:27 - Feb 13 with 3917 views442Dale

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 16:57 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

I agree, there is a higher possibility, but that is not something that is known or proven to be true (i.e. a fact).

But we’ve not got a better surface. Can’t see why anyone wouldn’t want that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 19:07 - Feb 13 with 3648 viewsJimmyRustler

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 17:27 - Feb 13 by 442Dale

But we’ve not got a better surface. Can’t see why anyone wouldn’t want that.

It's not so much about not wanting it for me. I just don't see the clamour for a new pitch when we've been shite on it all season and let's face it, we've been favouring pumping it up for Calvin most of the time regardless of the surface.

Of course, it turns out that we probably didn't have a choice in the matter owing to the weather but I do honestly believe that we could have had a better chance of staying up with how the pitch was against Millwall. As people have already pointed out, everything now is purely conjectural but that's just my view.
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:08 - Feb 13 with 3476 viewsnordenblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 16:57 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

I agree, there is a higher possibility, but that is not something that is known or proven to be true (i.e. a fact).

And your point is?

The previous pitch was/is causing far too many games to be called off and hindering any chance of us staying up due to an ever increasing fixture backlog.

Or should we have just carried on blindly until the seasons end cramming in 2/3 games every week, super idea
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:18 - Feb 13 with 3436 viewsNafelad

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:08 - Feb 13 by nordenblue

And your point is?

The previous pitch was/is causing far too many games to be called off and hindering any chance of us staying up due to an ever increasing fixture backlog.

Or should we have just carried on blindly until the seasons end cramming in 2/3 games every week, super idea

The point is, Nordenblue- - earlier you said " . . is a higher possibility, fact", Something that has a higher possibility is not a fact.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 20:19]

Topcat

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:36 - Feb 13 with 3371 viewsnordenblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:18 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

The point is, Nordenblue- - earlier you said " . . is a higher possibility, fact", Something that has a higher possibility is not a fact.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 20:19]

The FACT is the pitch needed replacing, and if other people are willing to part fund it and it needs doing anyway,why would the club object?
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:57 - Feb 13 with 3302 viewsNafelad

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:36 - Feb 13 by nordenblue

The FACT is the pitch needed replacing, and if other people are willing to part fund it and it needs doing anyway,why would the club object?

I refer you to TVOS post earlier in the thread - this is where the issue began. And I don't think it is A FACT that the pitch needed replacing, but there is high possibilitu that it did.

Topcat

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:05 - Feb 13 with 3271 viewsnordenblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 20:57 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

I refer you to TVOS post earlier in the thread - this is where the issue began. And I don't think it is A FACT that the pitch needed replacing, but there is high possibilitu that it did.

So they've replaced a pitch with a possibly it didn't actually need it, yes good one
Is possibilitu the plural?
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 3217 viewsNafelad

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:05 - Feb 13 by nordenblue

So they've replaced a pitch with a possibly it didn't actually need it, yes good one
Is possibilitu the plural?

The possibilitY is that it did need replacing - keep to the point!

Topcat

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:24 - Feb 13 with 3183 viewsnordenblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:19 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

The possibilitY is that it did need replacing - keep to the point!

If it's not a fact/certainty it needed replacing then there's an element of doubt there,leading to it may not have needed doing then? please do try harder....
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 3066 viewsoff2div1

Well is the pitch done. Dome on and heating on. Freezing now.
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 3059 viewsrochdaleriddler

This thread is now dull as fook

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 3042 viewsD_Alien

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:52 - Feb 13 by rochdaleriddler

This thread is now dull as fook

It's like watching grass not grow

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 22:15 - Feb 13 with 2938 viewsSandyman

Been past Spotland / COA tonight. Floodlights on. It is seriously freezing temperatures out there - car windows frosted up already. How that affects the relaying of the pitch I don't know, because I'm not an expert like many reckon they are
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 22:26 - Feb 13 with 2888 viewsrobtheb

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:51 - Feb 13 by off2div1

Well is the pitch done. Dome on and heating on. Freezing now.

According to my mates relation who can see some of the pitch, it would appear to be done and looking good. That was an hour or so ago and the covers were off. May be on now though.
Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 22:53 - Feb 13 with 2815 viewsboromat

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 22:26 - Feb 13 by robtheb

According to my mates relation who can see some of the pitch, it would appear to be done and looking good. That was an hour or so ago and the covers were off. May be on now though.

The problem is relayed pitches tend to look good until you try playing on them. That's going of last year's experience it took a few home games before it became reasonable.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 03:08 - Feb 14 with 2635 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 14:30 - Feb 13 by Nafelad

Your opinion? There's no guarantee that this would have been the case.

Yes, my opinion, but more importantly, probably (or probablu) the club’s as well.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 3:18]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 10:09 - Feb 14 with 2402 viewsNafelad

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 21:24 - Feb 13 by nordenblue

If it's not a fact/certainty it needed replacing then there's an element of doubt there,leading to it may not have needed doing then? please do try harder....

Exactly - you got there in the end!!

Topcat

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 10:34 - Feb 14 with 2347 views442Dale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5571068/rochdale-500000-pitch-fa-cup-sho

500k?!

More pictures:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5385365/Rochdale-use-dome-prot
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 10:36]

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 10:51 - Feb 14 with 2315 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 10:34 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5571068/rochdale-500000-pitch-fa-cup-sho

500k?!

More pictures:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5385365/Rochdale-use-dome-prot

Well those 2nd photos confirm the whole pitch is being done.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 2289 viewsTVOS1907

500k?!

More pictures:

Good to see some more information for fans.

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:08 - Feb 14 with 2266 views442Dale

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:04 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Really struggling to work out why the club haven’t provided updates yet. Confirmation around that price tag for a start! It surely didn’t cost that much last year?

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:09 - Feb 14 with 2258 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:04 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

It obviously top secret information that the club can't tell us - along with Calvin's mystery disappearance last night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:12 - Feb 14 with 2245 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 11:09 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

It obviously top secret information that the club can't tell us - along with Calvin's mystery disappearance last night.

Slight strain, apparently. He had travelled, though. Even his dad didn't know why he was missing.

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 12:32 - Feb 14 with 2094 viewsDaveDave

500k?!

More pictures:

Half a million to a million pounds was the estimate from someone in the know on Talksport.

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 12:43 - Feb 14 with 2042 viewsmacro

Pitch completed tomorrow evening on 12:32 - Feb 14 by DaveDave

Half a million to a million pounds was the estimate from someone in the know on Talksport.

and talkshite are the font of all knowledge. I’d be amazed if Dale are going to have paid a million quid out in twelve months on 2 pitches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024