Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone up watching the cricket?! 02:13 - Mar 22 with 15630 viewsKiwi76

First day/night test in NZ and she's been quite the start.
Boult with a 5for off 8 overs and England 27/9!!
Bloody hell
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 08:14 - Mar 25 with 2714 viewsDWQPR

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 07:53 - Mar 25 by stowmarketrange

I was talking about the players and not necessarily the cricket fans in Australia.
There were a couple of debatable decisions during the Ashes series that proved that sportsmanship means nothing to this current Aussie team.
The kwhaja catch(?) and the leaf blowers in Perth are the 2 that immediately spring to mind.

As for Lehman moaning about the crowds behaviour.Has he ever stood listening to drunk Aussie fans in the home tests at the mcg?

Always disliked Smith as he came across as nothing someone who was interested in nothing more than gamesmanship as opposed to being a sportsman. First instance for me was in a one-dayer here in 2015 when I think it was Ben Stokes was run out when trying to get back into his ground when the ball hit him with his back turned and had zero chance of avoiding it and certainly could not be construed of obstructing play. Smith argued and argued until he got his way. The radio commentators were astonished. From then I have seen many instances of his gamesmanship. He’ll never compare with the great Aussie captains and his shamelessness is compounded by the fact that he thinks it was a ‘misjudgement and that they can move on and he sees no reason to resign’. That sums the bloke up entirely to me. Deluded bar steward. And to think that he even got the most junior member of the team to do this! I can see him never playing another test after this. The Aussie press will destroy him and being as flaky a character that he is, the bloke will crumble.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:01 - Mar 25 with 2647 viewsisawqpratwcity

Kiwi fans are loving the Aussie revelations. They say it is worse than the "Infamous Underarm": at least that was legal!

Btw, Hooparoo is quite correct, the press in Oz is savage at the moment. Bancroft is getting sympathy as being the most-junior mug delegated to do the dirty deed. All the blame will be (deservedly) sent upwards.

Nb. England 132-7 at stumps, trail by 237. No ducks so far!

Edit: Yeah, wishful thinking! It's three wickets down, seven wickets left!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 12:25]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:01 - Mar 25 with 2617 viewscolinallcars

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:01 - Mar 25 by isawqpratwcity

Kiwi fans are loving the Aussie revelations. They say it is worse than the "Infamous Underarm": at least that was legal!

Btw, Hooparoo is quite correct, the press in Oz is savage at the moment. Bancroft is getting sympathy as being the most-junior mug delegated to do the dirty deed. All the blame will be (deservedly) sent upwards.

What's the weather forecast for the last day ?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:22 - Mar 25 with 2600 viewssupahoopsa

Not quite that bad, 132-3

Still 7 wickets remaining

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:24 - Mar 25 with 2598 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:01 - Mar 25 by isawqpratwcity

Rabada's opening spell in the Aussie second innings will be interesting when it happens.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:25 - Mar 25 with 2595 viewsozexile

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 08:14 - Mar 25 by DWQPR

Always disliked Smith as he came across as nothing someone who was interested in nothing more than gamesmanship as opposed to being a sportsman. First instance for me was in a one-dayer here in 2015 when I think it was Ben Stokes was run out when trying to get back into his ground when the ball hit him with his back turned and had zero chance of avoiding it and certainly could not be construed of obstructing play. Smith argued and argued until he got his way. The radio commentators were astonished. From then I have seen many instances of his gamesmanship. He’ll never compare with the great Aussie captains and his shamelessness is compounded by the fact that he thinks it was a ‘misjudgement and that they can move on and he sees no reason to resign’. That sums the bloke up entirely to me. Deluded bar steward. And to think that he even got the most junior member of the team to do this! I can see him never playing another test after this. The Aussie press will destroy him and being as flaky a character that he is, the bloke will crumble.

I still find his demeanor incredibly arrogant even after the last 24 hours. There is no remorse just contempt from him.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:28 - Mar 25 with 2589 viewsTGRRRSSS

Smith has been stood down as Captain in the middle of a test - surely this has never happened before???...

Sensational and unbelievable.

Suggestions that Cricket Australia have been trying to deal quietly with the behaviour for some while, we'll see, but I reckon Lehman and Smith as well as Bancroft are quite possibly finished after this test.

Not the series, the test.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 12:04]
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:35 - Mar 25 with 2587 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:01 - Mar 25 by colinallcars

What's the weather forecast for the last day ?

No rain forecast (but it's Auckland, it's always going to rain).

https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=jXm3WoqDF4Gt8QWmx7tA&q=weather+forecast+auck

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:46 - Mar 25 with 2571 viewsCamberleyR

Makes you wonder if they were at it in the Ashes series as Stuart Broad says they were seemingly able to reverse it at will.

The punishments for being caught ball tampering are absolutely pathetic and no deterrent for doing it whatsoever. At the very minimum, the person caught doing it (patsy in Bancroft's case) should take no further part in the match so they field with 10 for the rest of the SA innings and also bat with 10.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:51 - Mar 25 with 2567 viewsTGRRRSSS

As far as I know there is no "red Card" type punishment currently available in cricket, however the Pakistan player who bowled a no ball went to Prison in UK a few years back.

Not quite the same as Ball Tampering.

It's huge in Australia by the looks of it, as the PM is on telly as I speak making a statement. (Via Sky Sports).

He seems disgusted to say the least.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:54 - Mar 25 with 2564 viewsRangersw12

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 11:46 - Mar 25 by CamberleyR

Makes you wonder if they were at it in the Ashes series as Stuart Broad says they were seemingly able to reverse it at will.

The punishments for being caught ball tampering are absolutely pathetic and no deterrent for doing it whatsoever. At the very minimum, the person caught doing it (patsy in Bancroft's case) should take no further part in the match so they field with 10 for the rest of the SA innings and also bat with 10.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 13:38 - Mar 25 with 2513 viewsMrSheen

Great session. Rabada hit Bancroft in the nuts and on the elbow last over. Great swing from Philander the other day end.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:37 - Mar 25 with 2456 viewsCamberleyR

Smith banned for next test.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43531491

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 16:07 - Mar 25 with 2403 viewsMrSheen

Aussies 86/7.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 16:23 - Mar 25 with 2392 viewsted_hendrix

The Steve Smith interview yesterday was cringe-worthy and embarrassing

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 17:01 - Mar 25 with 2355 viewsjohnhoop

Meanwhile has anyone noticed that West Indies, in the 1980’s possibly the most fearsome side in cricket history, just got thrashed by Afghanistan in a World Cup qualifier. And this was with a stronger Windies side than the one they brought to England last year.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 22:15 - Mar 25 with 2258 viewsstowmarketrange

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:37 - Mar 25 by CamberleyR

Smith banned for next test.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43531491

Another record for piggy Smith.He becomes the first man to be caught out 3 Times in the same test.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 10:14 - Mar 26 with 2120 viewsElHoop

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 17:01 - Mar 25 by johnhoop

Meanwhile has anyone noticed that West Indies, in the 1980’s possibly the most fearsome side in cricket history, just got thrashed by Afghanistan in a World Cup qualifier. And this was with a stronger Windies side than the one they brought to England last year.

It wasn't really a World Cup qualifier though was it? It was a bit of a joke game in that the top two teams qualified for the World Cup and then had to play a 'final' for absolutely no reason at all.

A bit like the two winning teams in the Championship play off semi-finals being promoted already, and then having to play a final.

Kraigg Brathwaite is arguably their best batsman at the moment but they don't pick him for ODIs as he's reckoned to be too slow. They aren't very good now though, I'd agree. Afghanistan have improved a lot as well - they do have one or two world class players now.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:49 - Mar 26 with 2065 viewstimcocking

If this had been the England team, i'd be absolutely mortified. Disgraceful behaviour and they've brought shame on their country sadly. The Aussie cricket team's behaviour has been pretty despicable for years now as it is. It's awful that Smith didn't step down immediately.

The interview is indeed horriffic, thank Christ that wasn't me sat there.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:04 - Mar 27 with 2001 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 08:14 - Mar 25 by DWQPR

Have to agree with this, I wouldn't previously have accused him of cheating but he's always seems to think he has the right to tell the umpires what to do. Great batsman but a dick.

Fair play to the Aussies though,their cricket fans have been dead-on and made no excuses.

I actually think Smith might have survived if he'd shown genuine contrition but he made one of those apologies that showed he didn't really get it. I still think Lehman is not blameless, he may not have been involved but this is the culture he promoted.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:21 - Mar 27 with 1989 viewsCiderwithRsie

In other news, England are really starting to worry me. Yet again we can't bowl a side out for less than 400, in fact can't bowl them out at all; we can't bat overseas or when the ball is doing anything (even when what its doing is swinging a bit, like it does in England all the time;) if we lose a couple of quick wickets we collapse, no-one can dig in except a couple of the tail-enders (and if they can, why the eff can't the middle order?)

Really hate to say it, but Cook looks shot and Ali looks finished as a proper spinner (and I really like both of them.) Worse, we're still persisting with four medium pacers plus Ali, we aren't even trying to find a balanced attack. Oh, and Root is poor as a captain and it's affecting his batting too.

Splitting the coaching role like we've done with the captaincy would be a start, hopefully leading to an acceptance that test batting is different to ODI (we did it the other way round, it shouldn't be rocket science) and getting Leach or even Ollie Rayner in would be good.
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 00:31 - Mar 27 with 1984 viewsKiwi76

Great for NZ to win - only our 10th victory vs England and well deserved after that magic first session.
Big wraps to all our bowlers and also to Williamson and especially Nicholls for getting the big scores needed to press home our advantage.

Does look like the end is in sight for some and hoping get full 5x days in Chch.

All competitiveness aside its great that we can get stuck into each other on field but maintain respect and not have to put up with the dickheadedness of Aussies where its all about war and generating hatred for other team etc.

Watching their meltdown almost as much fun as our win and very interested in how Cricket Australia respond now with Smith/Warner in gun and whatever the "leadership group" means in terms of responsibility for decision to cheat - has to be more than just a game or two ban doesn't it?
Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:50 - Mar 28 with 1866 views2Thomas2Bowles

Smith and Warner banned for 12 months
Bancroft 9 months

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:25 - Mar 28 with 1823 viewsDWQPR

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 12:50 - Mar 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Smith and Warner banned for 12 months
Bancroft 9 months

Looks like Warner was the instigator of the plan, which Smith agreed to. And true to the gutless bullying nature of Warner he tried to hide away when the going got tough. The two have also lost their IPL contracts for this season, worth a £1million each and Warner has also lost a sponsorship contract with LG. Not the last of it i suspect. And back in time for the 2019 World Cup here and the Ashes series which for me will be perfect timing. If Lehmann wanted the Aussie support to make Broad cry in 2013 then that hypocritical, gutless, lying scumbag will want to return to having South African supporters berating them by the time the Barmy Army has finished. These two I suspect will never play International cricket again.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Anyone up watching the cricket?! on 14:41 - Mar 28 with 1805 viewsSnipper

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/27alxk"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/27alxk.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024