Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox 19:15 - Aug 9 with 9099 viewsMancR

Eze and Furlong have signed new deals, Freeman didn't leave even when a reasonable fee was offered. We haven't become involved in auctions of rising players wages. We probably haven't tossed money away in agents fees and we have taken some big earners of the wage bill.
But people still bleat about a lack of signings when it appears we are being prudently managed with a medium to long term view being take.
Worst of all Hoos, Fernandes etc are being abused left right and centre. Are people effing nuts?
At least this way QPR might be around to support for the foreseeable 👍

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:33 - Aug 9 with 1770 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 1741 viewsdistortR

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:33 - Aug 9 by Lblock

hooray!
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:42 - Aug 9 with 1732 viewsLythamR

I am a relatively happy honey bunny

not selling Freeman despite getting offers of at least 4m shows some backbone and lack of desperation.

I understand PP and others concerns but I think the people in charge are generally getting it right and we should back them and the decisions they are making, its a gamble, it always is only time will tell if its one the club wins or loses

Sky and the transfer window really makes me sick these days, i have tried to avoid most of it but caught a fair bit this afternoon. according to Sky Everton have done brilliant business, Really? they have spent a bunch of money but that really isnt the benchmark or at least it shouldnt be. on the flip side Spurs have failed miserably because they have signed nobody which is ridiculous.

Basically they have turned the transfer window into Christmas and many football fans into spoilt little children who are now throwing tantrums on social media because they didnt get Scaletrix AND crossfire
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:50 - Aug 9 with 1702 viewsPunteR

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:27 - Aug 9 by Trom

Well, the only time we haven't been in trouble financially is when Tony et al came in and started spending. So all they've done is waste their own cash.

The difference now is that we are constrained from spending due to FFP rules, whereas back then it was because we had no sources of cash and were forced into administration. So this time bankruptcy is not such a threat.

No doubt the shareholders made a mess of it but they've remained at the club and have converted debt into equity. So no burden to the club ultimately.

The only way to convert equity into cash is to sell the club and the only way to sell the club is to turn it into a viable business or find somebody with more money than sense. Given you used to have to be a millionaire but now have to be a billionaire I'd say the latter is unlikely.

You can be angry at the wasted opportunity but it is what it is. I think you just have to accept that this is the new reality for QPR. On the plus, it means we are forced to develop players. It's been great to see players come through from the youth teams.

Even 20 years ago we'd stopped producing youth players to any meaningful degree. So you can argue that actually we've been set back more than 20 years to a time when the club had an identity and meaning in the community.

Bringing players through, developing and selling was the QPR of old. Personally, I doubt any of us support QPR for the glory. It's much more about family ties and locality of the club. I like this new QPR.

Is this the new lovey dovey QPR that sacks QPR legends for doing exactly what was asked of them.. ?
I'm not sure what to make of QPR at the moment. we seem to keep going from one idea to another..
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 22:55]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 23:06 - Aug 9 with 1657 viewsLoftgirl

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:28 - Aug 9 by paulparker

I disagree it’s been a poor summer, we lost 3 defenders and replaced them with one
We lost the leagues top keeper for half a Gary madine
We have no cover at left back and none at right back our competitors have bought well
We cannot compete with Wigan or even Ipswich
We are continually linked with donkey Chris Martin
All the money we do have us put towards FFP because our owner is a buffoon he should be abused as he has put this club back 20 years
Still no warren farm on the horizon
The only positive is we didn’t under sell Freeman and we got Eze on a long term deal

"I disagree it’s been a poor summer" Without punctuation I think this reads as the opposite of what you are saying.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 23:12 - Aug 9 with 1635 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:50 - Aug 9 by PunteR

Is this the new lovey dovey QPR that sacks QPR legends for doing exactly what was asked of them.. ?
I'm not sure what to make of QPR at the moment. we seem to keep going from one idea to another..

Progressive = Happening or developing gradually or in stages.

As for sacking Ollie I guess time will tell on that decision. It doesn't seem to have weakened the club from what i can see. Has been a shift in the balance of power away from the manager it seems.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 23:17 - Aug 9 with 1621 viewsFDC

I searched #qpr on twitter earlier, which I rarely do because of the mentalists, but was after some Freeman news. What an eye-opener, some properly rabid nut-bags getting extremely het up over a transfer that didn't happen.

If you're angry because you think selling Smithies and Ned somehow means QPR have "lost" in this transfer window then you're obviously not accepting that QPR _need_ to sell. It's an argument based on an alternative reality.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:00 - Aug 10 with 1554 viewsGloryHunter

Well, the only time we haven't been in trouble financially is when Tony et al came in and started spending. So all they've done is waste their own cash.

The difference now is that we are constrained from spending due to FFP rules, whereas back then it was because we had no sources of cash and were forced into administration. So this time bankruptcy is not such a threat.

No doubt the shareholders made a mess of it but they've remained at the club and have converted debt into equity. So no burden to the club ultimately.

The only way to convert equity into cash is to sell the club and the only way to sell the club is to turn it into a viable business or find somebody with more money than sense. Given you used to have to be a millionaire but now have to be a billionaire I'd say the latter is unlikely.

You can be angry at the wasted opportunity but it is what it is. I think you just have to accept that this is the new reality for QPR. On the plus, it means we are forced to develop players. It's been great to see players come through from the youth teams.

Even 20 years ago we'd stopped producing youth players to any meaningful degree. So you can argue that actually we've been set back more than 20 years to a time when the club had an identity and meaning in the community.

Bringing players through, developing and selling was the QPR of old. Personally, I doubt any of us support QPR for the glory. It's much more about family ties and locality of the club. I like this new QPR.

That's beautiful. Very well put.
Login to get fewer ads

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:15 - Aug 10 with 1532 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:00 - Aug 10 by GloryHunter

That's beautiful. Very well put.

Exactly the type of fan Tony Fernandez should be trying to engage with.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:16 - Aug 10 with 1530 viewsTrom

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 22:50 - Aug 9 by PunteR

No, it was the QPR we have always cared about.

We've always been a basket case and managers pass through rightly or wrongly. It's a journey over decades for me.

A certain maverick style, flamboyancy, and punching above our weight is what I think of as the essential DNA. The ups and downs of this club have been extraordinary for as long as I can remember.

Also, there can be no denying that we lost our roots for a long while. People with the club at heart were removed and the sole was lost. The Holloway sacking to be truthful did not sit easily with me either.

The development of youth team players is a massive step forward. It is the only way I can see us being sustainable under the current rules. The club seems to be run on a more realistic and pragmatic approach than the previous all-in model. More importantly, it excites me to see players like Eze and Oteh pushing into the team.

What will be interesting is whether McLaren will be able to develop them whilst in the first team, as our survival both in the division and in terms of long-term objectives depends on this.

A lot of the inactivity in the transfer window and exits from the club are clearly driven by FFP regulations. A lot of clubs are gambling on promotion this season and by default, some won't make it. How this plays out over the next few seasons will give us a better indication of our long-term competitiveness in this league.

The work in the local area seems so much more positive with so many positive stories in the press. The heart of the club with any team is in the support of the fans and their identity. Personally, I love the fact that the club is being run in an away that is positive to the community.

It just seems more likable and professional - we are not glory seekers by definition of supporting QRP. So the club has to have more value than simply trophies on the shelf.

I do know that positiveness is a far better attribute than negativity, especially when the club finally seems to be getting a lot of things right.

It's going to be a roller coaster but it always has been

Come on U R's
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:17 - Aug 10 with 1530 viewsnumptydumpty

Completely agree with most on this thread

We are trading much more sensibly.

We are getting ourselves into a better position for the long term success of the club

All signings in recent years have improved our club - ie they been younger players who have developed and increased in their value to other clubs and we have been strong enough to turn down offers - the club have said that Freeman was not the only one that the club turned down fees from other clubs - that s great for QPR

We have bought a few players for the U23 and U18 s ie long term planning and look at how many potentially very exciting prospects we have coming through via cheap transfers or developing their skills in the youth so they can make the step up to senior levels

BOS, Smyth, Eze, Oteh, Chair Furlong Freeman Luongo Scowen Manning Kakay

Hall when fit can be a utility player and when I saw him previously I feel he is another with great potential

Mackie Perch and Onouha were released ie they probably higher earners - Perch was a sending off waiting to happen - Mackie was past his best - and Onouha was on a high salary an adequate performer but replaced I feel successfully by Leinster signing

Lynch I feel has the potential to be an ok centre back for this club and we have baptiste as back up also.

We had five under 20 s score last season - thats great.

We on a lower level also but Man Utd when started their success - it was the youth system that started it - and those players stayed at the club

Tottenham today have been doing the same - its mainly their youth system and decent cheap signings that been the start of their success.

People criticising Lee Hoos is pathetic - we had years of ten players leaving and signing 15 new players. It never worked at all.

We screwed ourselves up but this was not done under Lee Hoos tenure.

We have to be a bit careful because that approach to the transfer window was a massive risk and we have learned from this.

So ok we may have not bid as much as others for players that have gone elsewhere but yes Hoos has said we should be getting a couple in on loan deals with the option he would hope of us purchasing at the end of the season. Tbh this type of way of buying someone is probably a better way of doing things anyhow ie TRY BEFORE YOU BUY - instead of taking a punt on someone paying a transfer fee of say 3 million but for one reason or another they dont perform or fit in at our club

So again them taking that approach to purchases - I have no issues with.

I reckon we will get in at least two maybe three on loan - still think we may need one more centre back a utility full back and possibly another goalkeeper.

Midfield and up front I think we have great deal of depth myself.

However Mclaren is known as being very good defensive coach so perhaps these skills can help also

I believe Smithies left because the release clause in his contract was met at £3 million and so if a club put in that bid and Smithies wanted to leave then that was down to the player himself.

As I understand it he is on a heck of a lot more money for them hence why he decided to leave, I myself think in terms of club its very much a sideways step for him but yes thats down to the player himself.

I think if we could have kept Smithies we would be stronger but that was completely out of our control unfortunately.

I am looking forward to saturday and the season ahead - a good group of players that want to do well for our club - some extremely promising young players who want to improve and have already shown great great promise. Kept hold of all the players that we wanted to apart from Smithies but there will always be this type of disappointment in any club - its football

Our team is more exciting more motivated more together and much cheaper than the premiership side that had Ferdinand Ji Sung Park Krancjar Boswinga Assou Ekotu Wright Phillips Barton Green Cesar Vargas Zamora Macheda, If that team played our team today - the team we have today would annihalate the team of multi millionaire lhas beens.

I say get behind all of our club -

Cmon you R;s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 00:35 - Aug 10 with 1511 viewsGloryHunter

Agree with everything you say, but I did like Vargas.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 0:36]
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 01:05 - Aug 10 with 1488 viewsqueensparker

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 23:17 - Aug 9 by FDC

I searched #qpr on twitter earlier, which I rarely do because of the mentalists, but was after some Freeman news. What an eye-opener, some properly rabid nut-bags getting extremely het up over a transfer that didn't happen.

If you're angry because you think selling Smithies and Ned somehow means QPR have "lost" in this transfer window then you're obviously not accepting that QPR _need_ to sell. It's an argument based on an alternative reality.

'it's an argument based on an alternative reality".

Unfortunately this is where we are right now as a society. It's just the QPR version of rabid social media addicts venting delusions about their individual version of the truth, backed up by their own bubbles.

Great original post, couldn't agree more. Looking forward to Saturday and the real-life non-social media version of QPR, featuring pubs, conversations with real people, football, singing, goals, the lot.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 02:38 - Aug 10 with 1443 viewstimcocking

When people abuse our owners, what i've never understood, what exactly is plan B? If the owners are driven out, wouldn't we be dead?

I think we all know there have been loads of mistakes, but i was very heavily in support of nearly everything they've ever did. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think we're lucky to have such good ownership. I look at teams like Coventry, Hull etc and can't believe how self entitled Rangers fans can be.

Probably the thing they've done which i consider the biggest lash up is this summer, letting Smithies, Ned and Robbbo all depart for sod all when we have such a young exciting squad. That might well bite us in the arse this year.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 05:59 - Aug 10 with 1366 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My beef with the owners lay four square on the very simple fact; that none of what we’re facing now or for the foreseeable, was not being raised as likely to happen well before it actually did. The stewardship of this club has been reckless to say the least.

I have no problem some prudence after the profligacy, albeit that it’s been forced upon us to take such action. Frankly, if the lessons that QPR have created are not being learned by other clubs, more fool them. In terms of development from within, thankfully we are not just on the right tracks, but the tracks we should have been on for decades.

Criticism when justified and questioning the actions of the club and those who run it are perfectly acceptable in my book; as should be praise for when they get it right. Reading some of the stuff directed at the club/officials is plain and simple, not on!

But however we look at our close-season performance, the worry is that having all known the key problem areas, we have not been able to get deals over the line and thus, we’re in a slightly precarious position. If QPR couldn’t match Forest or PSV’s wages, so be it and the club is right not to repeat the errors of before. We also seem to have gained a grain of negotiation-credibility by not accepting less than fair value for Freeman.

Early part of this year I was saying that season 18/19 was going to be more crucial. We’ve got a decent looking crop of young talent on the way, but they are about 12 months away from maturing. Unable to get the deals over the line to bring in vital reinforcements remains a worry, but hopefully the loan market will present opportunities to overcome the vulnerability of our situation: one bad tackle on BFG and we’re mullered.

The lack of recruits in this TW is not the end of the world, we’ll it won’t be if the loan window is favourable to us. If not, the abuse some might get between now and May will be horrendous.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 07:08 - Aug 10 with 1325 viewspaesanu

Excellent post OP. The trouble is that your thoughts just won't make you the centre of attention on Facebook / Twitter, and isn't shouting expletives at the club on a keyboard what life is all about for some losers?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 07:16 - Aug 10 with 1317 viewsWrightUp5hit___

During the vvankfest that is the Sky coverage of "Transfer Deadline Day"

Did anyone, at any time, hear them mention FFP? even once?

Not just with reference to ourselves, but Forest, Wednesday, Villa etc
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 7:29]
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 07:40 - Aug 10 with 1300 viewsjonno

Excellent post.
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 08:33 - Aug 10 with 1244 viewsRblockPrior

For me stabilising the club is alot more important than getting a couple of signings in who may or may not work out. For the first time in years we are being sensible and realising our limits, in time we will be able to spend however for the time being making sure the club is in a better financial situation is the main objective.

Keeping Freeman and getting Eze to sign a new contract is massive, plus our new BFG looks a good signing, yes we could do with a couple of loans to help the squad but overall we are not in as bad situation as a lot try to put us in

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 1216 viewspaulparker

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 08:33 - Aug 10 by RblockPrior

For me stabilising the club is alot more important than getting a couple of signings in who may or may not work out. For the first time in years we are being sensible and realising our limits, in time we will be able to spend however for the time being making sure the club is in a better financial situation is the main objective.

Keeping Freeman and getting Eze to sign a new contract is massive, plus our new BFG looks a good signing, yes we could do with a couple of loans to help the squad but overall we are not in as bad situation as a lot try to put us in

Nothing wrong with being sensible but what happens if we have defensive crisis like last year ? what if Hall has a setback from his injury , Furlong the last couple of seasons has picked up knocks
our one to eleven is decent but its asking a lot for Eze, Bos, Manning to be consistent over a 46 game period
we are taking a huge gamble

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 1204 viewsQPRDEL

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 07:08 - Aug 10 by paesanu

Excellent post OP. The trouble is that your thoughts just won't make you the centre of attention on Facebook / Twitter, and isn't shouting expletives at the club on a keyboard what life is all about for some losers?

Couldn’t agree more
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 1145 viewspeejaybee

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 09:22 - Aug 10 by paulparker

Nothing wrong with being sensible but what happens if we have defensive crisis like last year ? what if Hall has a setback from his injury , Furlong the last couple of seasons has picked up knocks
our one to eleven is decent but its asking a lot for Eze, Bos, Manning to be consistent over a 46 game period
we are taking a huge gamble

A football life is a gamble.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 13:10 - Aug 10 with 1106 viewsBurnleyhoop

More than happy with where we are and how we are, out of necessity, doing our business. The loan market is absolutely the right approach at this stage of our rebuilding and restructuring plan.

We have a great crop of young players that have huge potential. I agree with MaClarens assertion that we will improve as the season progresses and their confidence grows. The only fear is that a few bad losses might dent confidence and belief that may result in chopping and changing of the team. We definitely played within ourselves at Preston, with the nerves probably playing a part.

For me, we need to utilise the strengths of Smith more by getting to the byline and whipping crosses in. Our play was woefully one dimensional against Preston and needs to change.

A good performance tomorrow will lift everybody’s spirits and hopefully put the whingeing to bed....at least until Tuesday.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:15 - Aug 10 with 1101 viewsLblock

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:40 - Aug 9 by distortR

hooray!

My post was in error due to dodgy iphone

May I bring your attention to the "Ignore" button.
It sounds like you may find it of use

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 13:19 - Aug 10 with 1092 viewsPinnerPaul

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:28 - Aug 9 by StevenageRanger

The original post is spot on IMO.

I have learnt SOME fans just love to moan. People saying we have lost Nedum, the same Nedum who was slated every single week by no doubt them fans. Play the YOUTH people cried out for, we are doing that.

Some people will never be happy. We are QPR not Barcelona, we will sell our players if the price is right, we wont get every player we want, just because we love the club (well most of us) doesnt mean a Striker from Accrington or a defender from Huddersfield feels the same way!!

I don't think for one minute we will challenge this year but will get behind the team and enjoy it.

If it makes you that wound up supporting the club at the minute take a break, we will still be here in years to come and you may get the love back.

Come on you R's

On Nedum, I'm getting fed up with with this 'we've replaced him with a 2nd division defender'

1) That's what Ned was!

2) He's played ONE game, for which he was universally acknowledged as our best player!

PS Ned, much as I would still love him here, hasn't found a new club for one reason or another!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024