Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox 19:15 - Aug 9 with 8746 viewsMancR

Eze and Furlong have signed new deals, Freeman didn't leave even when a reasonable fee was offered. We haven't become involved in auctions of rising players wages. We probably haven't tossed money away in agents fees and we have taken some big earners of the wage bill.
But people still bleat about a lack of signings when it appears we are being prudently managed with a medium to long term view being take.
Worst of all Hoos, Fernandes etc are being abused left right and centre. Are people effing nuts?
At least this way QPR might be around to support for the foreseeable 👍

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 1476 viewsheadhoops

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 09:22 - Aug 10 by paulparker

Nothing wrong with being sensible but what happens if we have defensive crisis like last year ? what if Hall has a setback from his injury , Furlong the last couple of seasons has picked up knocks
our one to eleven is decent but its asking a lot for Eze, Bos, Manning to be consistent over a 46 game period
we are taking a huge gamble

Excellent opening post and some very well worded comments since. My opinion of Sky is well documented, I fecking hate them. Like Ted, I dont' do faceache and avoid twitter on a social level - they really are an integral part of the current wannabe generation of instant gratification and look at me, look at me air stealers.
PP I resonate with some of your posts - has someone sh1t on your strawberries today? What happens if BFG2 lives up to his early promise, BOS and Smythe tear it up, Sylla and Smith really find their scoring boots (sorry wash you are not included)? Freeman, Luongo and Scowen get better? I'm actually quite excited about the prospect. Of course it could all go wrong and slagging off Hoos and getting onto the players certainly isn't going to help. This is what makes QPR so great, its what we do and when the highs come along they are special and we get to share them with a wonderful band of brothers. #stickthepremupyerarse
COYSH

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 14:16 - Aug 10 with 1459 viewsdaveB

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 09:22 - Aug 10 by paulparker

Nothing wrong with being sensible but what happens if we have defensive crisis like last year ? what if Hall has a setback from his injury , Furlong the last couple of seasons has picked up knocks
our one to eleven is decent but its asking a lot for Eze, Bos, Manning to be consistent over a 46 game period
we are taking a huge gamble

no doubt it's a gamble, we have no cover at left back and are relying on two very injury prone players at centre half in Lynch and Hall, if we don't add loan players I'll be as worried as you are
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:31 - Aug 10 with 1425 viewsisawqpratwcity

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:15 - Aug 10 by Lblock

My post was in error due to dodgy iphone

May I bring your attention to the "Ignore" button.
It sounds like you may find it of use

If we ignored you we wouldn't know who it is Clive keeps hanging shit on.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 14:59 - Aug 10 with 1399 viewspaulparker

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 14:09 - Aug 10 by headhoops

Excellent opening post and some very well worded comments since. My opinion of Sky is well documented, I fecking hate them. Like Ted, I dont' do faceache and avoid twitter on a social level - they really are an integral part of the current wannabe generation of instant gratification and look at me, look at me air stealers.
PP I resonate with some of your posts - has someone sh1t on your strawberries today? What happens if BFG2 lives up to his early promise, BOS and Smythe tear it up, Sylla and Smith really find their scoring boots (sorry wash you are not included)? Freeman, Luongo and Scowen get better? I'm actually quite excited about the prospect. Of course it could all go wrong and slagging off Hoos and getting onto the players certainly isn't going to help. This is what makes QPR so great, its what we do and when the highs come along they are special and we get to share them with a wonderful band of brothers. #stickthepremupyerarse
COYSH

"has someone sh1t on your strawberries today"

yeah something like that mate

no your right those players could have a storming season we finish 10th and we sell each of them for 25 million like james maddison in the summer and im ridiculed for being a pessimist , that would work for me , but this is QPR we are talking about

I have nothing against this team, like you I prefer this over the overpaid dross the last 7 seasons but I have this horrible feeling we are hanging them out to dry and putting to much on them to soon , this league is a real horrible slog and is unforgiving , this whole summer hasn't sit right with me since we sacked Holloway (which was a disgrace the way it was done)
McLaren im unure about is it the McLaren of Fc Twente or the Nottingham Forest/Newcastle one, time will tell all though I have a bad feeling which one we are getting
we sold Smithies for a pittance, we cant sign anyone and we haven't replaced 3 of the defenders we lost , Ipswich, Wigan & Blackburn are looking in better shape financially than us and the league is fast becoming a Prem 2 , I also think Les is having his hands tied also with a lot of stuff
perhaps im wrong who knows , but gambling on youngsters and a back four not to pick up injuries is something that isn't sitting easy with me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 17:33 - Aug 10 with 1337 viewsR_from_afar

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:28 - Aug 9 by paulparker

I disagree it’s been a poor summer, we lost 3 defenders and replaced them with one
We lost the leagues top keeper for half a Gary madine
We have no cover at left back and none at right back our competitors have bought well
We cannot compete with Wigan or even Ipswich
We are continually linked with donkey Chris Martin
All the money we do have us put towards FFP because our owner is a buffoon he should be abused as he has put this club back 20 years
Still no warren farm on the horizon
The only positive is we didn’t under sell Freeman and we got Eze on a long term deal

"The only positive is we didn’t under sell Freeman and we got Eze on a long term deal".

I recognise that you are - cough - not entirely happy with how things are going but couldn't you at least count those separate outcomes as two, rather than one, positive?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 1332 viewsR_from_afar

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 20:49 - Aug 9 by Esox_Lucius

The trouble is, he isn't alone. So many "fans" are wallowing in their own misery and sharing that misery all over the internet. Just turn up at the games, cheer the team on and leave all the negativity where it belongs; at the bottom of a glass.

Exhibit B:

Motivational!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:27 - Aug 10 with 1284 viewsdistortR

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:15 - Aug 10 by Lblock

My post was in error due to dodgy iphone

May I bring your attention to the "Ignore" button.
It sounds like you may find it of use

mate, I was joking.

You've been fighting your corner, fair enough.

Blackburn reckon they've got an extra $10 m now they're in the championship, looks to me like we're putting in contingency plans in case we aren't next year.

We're not allowed to spend due to the mismanagement of the past, at least they have (eventually) learnt from their mistakes, taking a huge financial hit themselves and are building solid foundations now.

It is what it is
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 10:43 - Aug 11 with 1157 viewsheadhoops

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 14:59 - Aug 10 by paulparker

"has someone sh1t on your strawberries today"

yeah something like that mate

no your right those players could have a storming season we finish 10th and we sell each of them for 25 million like james maddison in the summer and im ridiculed for being a pessimist , that would work for me , but this is QPR we are talking about

I have nothing against this team, like you I prefer this over the overpaid dross the last 7 seasons but I have this horrible feeling we are hanging them out to dry and putting to much on them to soon , this league is a real horrible slog and is unforgiving , this whole summer hasn't sit right with me since we sacked Holloway (which was a disgrace the way it was done)
McLaren im unure about is it the McLaren of Fc Twente or the Nottingham Forest/Newcastle one, time will tell all though I have a bad feeling which one we are getting
we sold Smithies for a pittance, we cant sign anyone and we haven't replaced 3 of the defenders we lost , Ipswich, Wigan & Blackburn are looking in better shape financially than us and the league is fast becoming a Prem 2 , I also think Les is having his hands tied also with a lot of stuff
perhaps im wrong who knows , but gambling on youngsters and a back four not to pick up injuries is something that isn't sitting easy with me

Fair play - I'm also in the camp that says the way in which IH was removed was wrong.
If we can get a couple of solid loans in I think we will finish lower mid table and the kids will have a full season under their belts.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 10:48 - Aug 11 with 1151 viewsPinnerPaul

On a wider note I see that a Totenham fans group are 'incensed' that they didn't buy anyone. and are 'demanding' an explanation.

Its mad, note that they are not complaining about the squad not being good enough, just they wanted new players, anyone would do, as long as they made some 'signings'!

Madness
So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 10:49 - Aug 11 with 1143 viewsR_from_afar

So at the end of all this sky induced bollox on 21:40 - Aug 9 by daveB

I'm sick of all the moaning, not digging out PP as think he does make some very valid points so don't want this to come across as me having a go at him. I'm just sick of the moaning and groaning on facebook and twitter

I just think it's been non stop for years now. First we signed too many players, then not enough, the the wrong sort it's never blood ending. Whatever they do gets attacked.

A year ago it was non stop moaning that Holloway would try and sign too many players (he didn't) then moans he would chop and change the system (he didn't) then moans he didn't change the system and was holding back these wonderful players, then when he got sacked moans that the new man wasn't good enough, now it's moans the players are not good enough so we need more and we need to sign more players.

I'm not for a second suggesting everything is wonderful and we have no problems, we could go down this season just as we could have done last year but we could have a decent season. I've no idea what will happen thats part of the charm.

We'll need to do well in the loan market but really I just don't think it's all as bleak as many make out.

It seems that success is now judged on how many players you sign. Sky today going on about how great Everton have done and laughing at Spurs making no signings, you know when the football starts Spurs will be miles better than Everton but that doesn't seem to matter

What? There was *moaning* ? Really? I didn't get any memos about that!

RFA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024