Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He Has Got To Go 16:58 - Feb 23 with 22796 viewsSandyDrum

For the sake of Rochdale Association Football Club.

Keith Hill, please resign immediately.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

He Has Got To Go on 18:43 - Feb 23 with 3288 viewsrochdaleriddler

He Has Got To Go on 18:40 - Feb 23 by judd

Bit harsh on the keeper that

I’ve just emailed our CEO asking him to sack Hill

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

He Has Got To Go on 18:44 - Feb 23 with 3272 viewsjudd

He Has Got To Go on 18:43 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

Did you send him a big picture?

Poll: What is it to be then?

He Has Got To Go on 18:46 - Feb 23 with 3245 viewsdawlishdale

He Has Got To Go on 18:43 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

Would be better e-mailing Hill and asking him to sack the CEO.
He Has Got To Go on 18:58 - Feb 23 with 3146 viewsrochdaleriddler

He Has Got To Go on 18:44 - Feb 23 by judd

Did you send him a big picture?

I apologised for not seeing it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

He Has Got To Go on 19:22 - Feb 23 with 3009 viewsYouTubeDale

If Keith really loves the club he should step down immediately and accept a severance pay to the end of the season waving his right to pay beyond that. This will enable the club to move forward with the next manager and give him the chance to help keep us up. For me that would be Paul Hurst.

Keith earned his living as a defender but cannot get his team to defend. That is a fact. If we can’t defend we are doomed.

It is sad to come to this conclusion as Keith has been our best ever manager, but he can’t do it any more, for some reason, and that is plain to see.

I get bored of saying the same things week in, week out in criticising the way we play but Keith insists on not changing his ways. It has gone on far too long now. The only logical way to go now is to change the manager and I hope Keith allows the club to do this.

Come on Keith, do it for the fans.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:24]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

He Has Got To Go on 19:32 - Feb 23 with 2953 viewsD_Alien

He Has Got To Go on 19:22 - Feb 23 by YouTubeDale

If Keith really loves the club he should step down immediately and accept a severance pay to the end of the season waving his right to pay beyond that. This will enable the club to move forward with the next manager and give him the chance to help keep us up. For me that would be Paul Hurst.

Keith earned his living as a defender but cannot get his team to defend. That is a fact. If we can’t defend we are doomed.

It is sad to come to this conclusion as Keith has been our best ever manager, but he can’t do it any more, for some reason, and that is plain to see.

I get bored of saying the same things week in, week out in criticising the way we play but Keith insists on not changing his ways. It has gone on far too long now. The only logical way to go now is to change the manager and I hope Keith allows the club to do this.

Come on Keith, do it for the fans.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:24]

Without disagreeing with your overall argument, i'd ask why anyone would assume that KH "loves" Dale? He's a professional in an unforgiving arena and his first loyalty (perhaps only loyalty) is to provide for himself and his family. At the moment, Dale are the means to do that

When he thought he could do better elsewhere he was off like a shot. I don't blame him for that, but equally don't think he should be pilloried if he chooses to hold the board to the contract they put in front of him

Nowt wrong with him being pilloried for the last two years though...
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

He Has Got To Go on 19:38 - Feb 23 with 2895 viewsYouTubeDale

He Has Got To Go on 19:32 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Without disagreeing with your overall argument, i'd ask why anyone would assume that KH "loves" Dale? He's a professional in an unforgiving arena and his first loyalty (perhaps only loyalty) is to provide for himself and his family. At the moment, Dale are the means to do that

When he thought he could do better elsewhere he was off like a shot. I don't blame him for that, but equally don't think he should be pilloried if he chooses to hold the board to the contract they put in front of him

Nowt wrong with him being pilloried for the last two years though...
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:33]

That is why I am appealing to his better nature and ask him to do the honourable thing and resign immediately but pay him to the end of this season. I can’t argue that he could insist on getting his full contract paid.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

He Has Got To Go on 19:43 - Feb 23 with 2840 viewsMoonyDale

He Has Got To Go on 19:38 - Feb 23 by YouTubeDale

That is why I am appealing to his better nature and ask him to do the honourable thing and resign immediately but pay him to the end of this season. I can’t argue that he could insist on getting his full contract paid.

You are of course assuming that he has a better nature....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

He Has Got To Go on 19:46 - Feb 23 with 2824 views100notout

Will he be due his full contract being paid up if we sacked him? I'd be surprised and disappointed if there was no severance clause in it that provided a structured settlement in the event that we parted company.

Its possible there is no clause though - either that or its so ineffective that we still cannot afford to sack him because I cannot think of any other reason why he has not already been sacked after such a poor run.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

He Has Got To Go on 19:47 - Feb 23 with 2818 viewsRodingdale

He Has Got To Go on 17:47 - Feb 23 by judd

He also said there was a skip ordered to take away the tyres.

Have they not gone?
He Has Got To Go on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 2810 viewskiwidale

Surely any contract would include targets and a means of early termination should we finish up in the national league?

This is not the time for bickering.

He Has Got To Go on 19:58 - Feb 23 with 2709 viewsRodingdale

Make no mistake, we are a proper mess. Hill knows what he’s doing alright, but the problem is the board are useless, sycophants and yes people. Effectively we’re rudderless - heading for the relegation rocks and there’s nothing fans who want Hill out, can do about. I do wonder though what would happen if say Beech, Ellis and one or two other senior staff went to the board and said enough is enough...
He Has Got To Go on 20:00 - Feb 23 with 2687 viewsjudd

He Has Got To Go on 19:47 - Feb 23 by Rodingdale

Have they not gone?

Whereas I cannot vouch for the removal of the actual tyres involved in the incidents vs Bradford, I can honestly say that there has been a healthy stack of tyres behind a fence of kinds in that corner of the ground since the Trust published their minutes containing the skip assertion.

He Has Got To Go on 20:09 - Feb 23 with 2624 viewsFrog

Can't see him walking away from a contract when his stock is at an all time low, who else would employ him? This would have to be a painful divorce.
He Has Got To Go on 20:12 - Feb 23 with 2595 viewsscarrow

The game today saw the most inept first half performance I've seen in years, if it wasn't for lonergan it'd have been 5 at half time. Yes the sending off and the missed hand ball for the 2nd goal dramatically changed things as we'd dragged ourselves back into it but it doesn't hide from the facts.

I know the board and chief exec read this forum so I'm saying this directly to you. Have the balls to fire Hill, have a caretaker in charge at Luton where it could be a record defeat and work tirelessly to get a new manager in. You would have seen fans turning on one another in the away end today, you saw yet another display of hopelessness. As it stands there is no way relegation will be avoided. Pull the trigger, get rid of Hill, get rid of the coaching team and set the club on the right road again. You want the fans behind you then act NOW.

Poll: Final position

He Has Got To Go on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 2550 viewsRAFCBLUE

He Has Got To Go on 20:00 - Feb 23 by judd

Whereas I cannot vouch for the removal of the actual tyres involved in the incidents vs Bradford, I can honestly say that there has been a healthy stack of tyres behind a fence of kinds in that corner of the ground since the Trust published their minutes containing the skip assertion.

Surely the better question for the next Q&A session is:

What point storing tyres has-bro?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

He Has Got To Go on 20:21 - Feb 23 with 2537 viewsfitzochris

He Has Got To Go on 20:19 - Feb 23 by RAFCBLUE

Surely the better question for the next Q&A session is:

What point storing tyres has-bro?

Get your own gags.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

He Has Got To Go on 20:25 - Feb 23 with 2509 viewsRAFCBLUE

He Has Got To Go on 20:21 - Feb 23 by fitzochris

Get your own gags.

Biggest joke of all fitzo is those journos with intel scared to air such "gags" in the public domain.

When they are a matter of historical fact.

And on Google.

Best of all: How did this issue and the club get past 1.f.viii of Appendix 3 of the EFL's own guide.

Not a gag. Proper journalistic question.

Thoughts?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

He Has Got To Go on 20:27 - Feb 23 with 2492 viewsjudd

He Has Got To Go on 20:21 - Feb 23 by fitzochris

Get your own gags.

Do you have a Monopoly?

He Has Got To Go on 20:28 - Feb 23 with 2487 viewsfitzochris

He Has Got To Go on 20:25 - Feb 23 by RAFCBLUE

Biggest joke of all fitzo is those journos with intel scared to air such "gags" in the public domain.

And on Google.

Best of all: How did this issue and the club get past 1.f.viii of Appendix 3 of the EFL's own guide.

Thoughts?

It’s an excellent question and one that has been asked. An answer is being awaited.

The appointment process as a whole lacks transparency, as it happens.

He Has Got To Go on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 2473 viewsfitzochris

He Has Got To Go on 20:27 - Feb 23 by judd

Do you have a Monopoly?

Yes but I’m happy to rent. Prices in my favour, obviously.

He Has Got To Go on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 2471 viewsRAFCBLUE

He Has Got To Go on 20:28 - Feb 23 by fitzochris

It’s an excellent question and one that has been asked. An answer is being awaited.

The appointment process as a whole lacks transparency, as it happens.

You're toying with me now.

I thought you proper journos liked a good old fashioned scoop?

Not really it appears; just game playing.

He Has Got To Go on 20:31 - Feb 23 with 2438 viewsjudd

He Has Got To Go on 20:25 - Feb 23 by RAFCBLUE

And on Google.

Thoughts?

I would echo Fitzochris's response. An excellent question indeed and one that is going to have to be answered.

What are your thoughts?

Any chance of a link to the EFL guide you reference please?

He Has Got To Go on 20:33 - Feb 23 with 2407 views49thseason

We were relegated the minute we kicked off the new campaign. Summer business had not included a solid central defender or a permanent left-back, there was no evident midfielder to play in front of the back four, and the attack was goal-shy. Bringing in Perkins, Inman and Wilbraham simply magnified the paucity of ambition.

My belief then and now is that this situation was created deliberately. KH wants to go back to L2 and rebuild as he has done twice before. Promotion from L2 is less of a problem than long term survival in L1 without the funds to compete. We will become a yoyo club for a few seasons until eventually, either the plug is finally pulled or the youth development kicks in and provide a stable base for L1 survival.. Football is a dog-eat-dog world and Rochdale AFC is currently a Chihuahua.
The 5 year contract was another deliberate move and the board and KH are fully complicit in wanting a return to L2. The logic is simple, its easier to be around the top of L2 than survive in L1. L2 frees up an amount of cash towards other things like a training ground, academy, main stand decorating etc. Wages are less, young players can be competitive, and an occasional player sale actually adds value rather than simply being thrown into more wages.
Cheap season tickets were the last throw of the dice, support has not increased, the team is significantly weaker than at any time in the last 5 or 6 seasons. L2 here we come.
He Has Got To Go on 20:34 - Feb 23 with 2398 viewsfitzochris

He Has Got To Go on 20:29 - Feb 23 by RAFCBLUE

You're toying with me now.

I thought you proper journos liked a good old fashioned scoop?

Not really it appears; just game playing.

What are you talking about, you fookin’ weirdo?

The case you refer to is there for all to see. You’ve only found it because of the markers put down by myself or others on here.

You were happy clapping to the rafters a month back. Stick to your essays that say nothing.
Leave the serious stuff to people who know what they’re doing and are aware of the associated pitfalls, there’s a good lad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024