Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mugs 20:05 - Apr 2 with 11207 viewsmacro

Really, commemorative mugs for a league game v Sunderland. A good few threads online taking the pi55 and I can see why. Lots of clubs do badges but a mug for a league game!!!!
Mugs on 00:47 - Apr 3 with 2895 viewsrochdale_ranger

Mugs on 00:30 - Apr 3 by kiwidale

Do you fancy an half and half scarf its cheep, keep you warm on a chilly nights dealing on college bank, by the way what's happened to Falinge I haven't seen him of late.

The Charles Bronson of The brickcroft was last seen smashing a meth lab up on spotland road.

Mugs on 01:07 - Apr 3 with 2878 viewskiwidale

Mugs on 00:47 - Apr 3 by rochdale_ranger

The Charles Bronson of The brickcroft was last seen smashing a meth lab up on spotland road.

Bronson was fukker for jumping to conclusions the meths lab was next door to the fish factory.

This is not the time for bickering.

Mugs on 02:53 - Apr 3 with 2861 viewspioneer

Mugs on 00:28 - Apr 3 by Daley_Lama

Why on earth is our club making such a big deal of playing Sunderland? I couldn’t give a hoot that we have never played them, whoop-de-do.

It all smacks of tin pot little club mentality, turning over part of the home end, commemorative mugs, it will be half and half face painting next.

In recent memory I’ve seen Tottenham, Leeds, Forest at Spotland.
This season i went to Middlesborough.
Old Trafford. Anfield. Wembley.

If our players get as giddy-kipper as whoever is making such decisions, we might as well not bother watching as we bend over backwards to accomodate Sunderland.

We are fighting for league survival and have handed Sunderland an additional advantage by increasing their support.

Sod em. They are a L1 team just like us, nothing more. Stop treating it like ‘our cup final’ and bellitling our club.

My thoughts exactly. Very unprofessional to indicate that playing such esteemed opponents is worthy of a special one off celebration. God knows what we will come up with should we win - another town Hall dinner?
Mugs on 05:01 - Apr 3 with 2831 viewsD_Alien

Reminds me of Silence of the Lambs, where the nutter stitches bits of people together

In this case, they're trying to make mugs out of us

Any tw@t seen buying one needs to be ritually humiliated

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mugs on 07:17 - Apr 3 with 2755 viewsJimmyRustler

Yet another example of those now in charge running Rochdale AFC as a business and not a football club.

What are we becoming?
Mugs on 07:34 - Apr 3 with 2725 viewsSaxonDale

Mugs on 07:17 - Apr 3 by JimmyRustler

Yet another example of those now in charge running Rochdale AFC as a business and not a football club.

What are we becoming?

It’s the sort of thing a club would do who don’t expect a game like this to come around again. Says a lot.
Mugs on 07:40 - Apr 3 with 2700 viewsJimmyRustler

Mugs on 07:34 - Apr 3 by SaxonDale

It’s the sort of thing a club would do who don’t expect a game like this to come around again. Says a lot.

I see we are also pushing the pin badges hard as well.

One mans "maximising revenue streams" is anothers "bleeding the fans dry"
Mugs on 07:42 - Apr 3 with 2692 viewsfitzochris

While I think these mugs are the epitome of tinpottery, I cannot be hypocritical in the club’s pursuit of generating additional revenue streams after calling for it following the publication of the last set of accounts.

There are just much better ways of going about it, surely?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Mugs on 07:53 - Apr 3 with 2664 viewsEllDale

I can't understand the hysteria about what is merely a League One match.
So, Sunderland are a "big" club with an enviable heritage but they're in the same bloody division as us for a reason.
And there is no reason why we shouldn't be playing them again next season.
We've seen "big" clubs come and go over the years and never went to these extremes.
No way will I be buying a mug. Or a scarf. Or any other memento.
Mugs on 08:09 - Apr 3 with 2640 viewsjudd

Mugs on 07:42 - Apr 3 by fitzochris

While I think these mugs are the epitome of tinpottery, I cannot be hypocritical in the club’s pursuit of generating additional revenue streams after calling for it following the publication of the last set of accounts.

Absolutely there are better ways to generate additional income without belittling our club or fans.

I'd also keep an eye on the cost of generating this additional income.

I mean, what marketing effort has gone into promoting this HUGE clash in generating additional attendance of HOME supporters? Not even the tinpot fixture board was up to date yesterday. Or will these mugs generate a tsunami of memorabilia hunters all over Spotland via the ticket office?

You simply have to question the decisions being taken in generating these income streams .

And then laugh.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mugs on 08:10 - Apr 3 with 2632 viewsKenBoon

And to think that people moaned about Spotty the Dalematian - where is he btw - and threatened the drummer. I've sorted out a crowd funding campaign to get rid of it.

Mugs on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 2602 viewsscarrow

Mugs on 07:42 - Apr 3 by fitzochris

Mugs will make a loss - guarenteed

Poll: Final position

Mugs on 08:36 - Apr 3 with 2592 viewsEllDale

What are the odds on being offered a free mug with every season ticket in June to help shift them?
Mugs on 08:49 - Apr 3 with 2556 viewsjudd

Mugs on 08:36 - Apr 3 by EllDale

What are the odds on being offered a free mug with every season ticket in June to help shift them?

You'll probably not be allowed to put the mug down where you want to, or else it will be moved along when an Ipswich mug comes to town.

Mugs on 08:57 - Apr 3 with 2541 viewsSandyman

Something to put your mug on. Or mugs. I presume we're having a mug manufactured for the League 1 game v Wycombe as well?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/juniorevent-sunderland_060319/
Mugs on 09:00 - Apr 3 with 2525 viewsjudd

Mugs on 08:57 - Apr 3 by Sandyman

Something to put your mug on. Or mugs. I presume we're having a mug manufactured for the League 1 game v Wycombe as well?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/juniorevent-sunderland_060319/

Brilliant joined up thinking.

"Dad, dad, buy me and all my mates a commemorative Sunderland mug each to put on our coasters. Please dad"

"I would, son, but I can't get to the game. I'm a Rochdale fan."

Mugs on 09:02 - Apr 3 with 2521 viewsD_Alien

Mugs on 08:10 - Apr 3 by KenBoon

And to think that people moaned about Spotty the Dalematian - where is he btw - and threatened the drummer. I've sorted out a crowd funding campaign to get rid of it.

Not a bad idea

Wait till they're gathering dust and wiping out any potential income generated from the Pearl St debacle, and you might be able to get the lot for a FIXED PRICE

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mugs on 09:38 - Apr 3 with 2458 viewssoulboy

Mugs on 02:53 - Apr 3 by pioneer

My thoughts exactly. Very unprofessional to indicate that playing such esteemed opponents is worthy of a special one off celebration. God knows what we will come up with should we win - another town Hall dinner?

Definatly a town hall dinner, served of course on a Dale v Sunderland plate to match the mug! Im glad its not just me who thinks having a mug made for an ordinary league game is pathetic.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 9:40]
Mugs on 10:38 - Apr 3 with 2374 viewsSuddenLad

Mugs on 09:38 - Apr 3 by soulboy

Definatly a town hall dinner, served of course on a Dale v Sunderland plate to match the mug! Im glad its not just me who thinks having a mug made for an ordinary league game is pathetic.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 9:40]

And a complete waste of money. Car boot mugs.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mugs on 11:12 - Apr 3 with 2329 viewsjudd

I think they should be made available at the kiosks, to be filled with some bubbly Bovril, or some other fookin' laughing stock.

Mugs on 11:14 - Apr 3 with 2327 viewsEllDale

Well 4000 Sunderland fans aren't all going to get into the club shop at the same time to buy one are they?
Mugs on 11:25 - Apr 3 with 2303 viewsjudd

Mugs on 11:14 - Apr 3 by EllDale

Well 4000 Sunderland fans aren't all going to get into the club shop at the same time to buy one are they?

I'd have thought they'd have to be limited to one each, wouldn't they?

It's going to be like Black Friday in the states - Black Cats' Saturday?

Mugs on 11:45 - Apr 3 with 2267 viewsrochdale_ranger

Outnumbered in our own ground, out sung in our own ground and let’s face it probably beaten in our own ground. Why would I want a cup to celebrate that? The BIFFOS always “take over our town” will we get a mug when we play them next season?
Mugs on 20:39 - Apr 3 with 2074 viewskiwidale

Mugs on 11:45 - Apr 3 by rochdale_ranger

Outnumbered in our own ground, out sung in our own ground and let’s face it probably beaten in our own ground. Why would I want a cup to celebrate that? The BIFFOS always “take over our town” will we get a mug when we play them next season?

I think you are missing an opportunity here Ranger surely you could shift a few at college bank, use them as a front for your other stuff. The Bill would just see you as a mug selling mugs. Think about it.

This is not the time for bickering.

Mugs on 04:06 - Apr 4 with 1894 viewsDiddyDave

You never know,in fifty years time somebody might produce one on Antiques Roadshow at Rochdale Town Hall!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024