Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 09:53 - Feb 7 with 3701 viewsDr_Parnassus

With Guehi going back to Chelsea unlikely to ever return. Would anyone give Alfie another crack with us?

The move to Fulham clearly didn’t work out for him and looks to be crying out for a new start (currently on loan to Bristol City). Only 27 and was a 15m player 2-3 years ago. Contract running down so they would snap our hands off for cheap.

I think he would relish the chance to come back.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Alfie Mawson on 10:02 - Feb 7 with 2483 viewsbuilthjack

He was very average. No fight in him. He thought he was better than he was.
It's a no.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alfie Mawson on 10:05 - Feb 7 with 2476 viewsonehunglow

Why do we want former players.He was quick to knob off o leave him.He was good enough for us but saw himself as above us,so absolutely no

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Alfie Mawson on 10:23 - Feb 7 with 2446 viewsNeath_Jack

If he was to improve what we already have, then it would be a no brainer. Haven't seen anything of him since he left us, but based on how he was with us then alone, then yeah i'd have him back.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Alfie Mawson on 10:35 - Feb 7 with 2430 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s a yes from me. We know what we would be getting and there were plenty of people upset we didn’t get 20-25m for him.

If we were able to get him for 5/6m then it makes perfect sense for me. A threat in front of goal, knows the club and understands the Swansea way.

Can’t think of too many other players with English top league experience that we could get for that kind of money. Guehi will leave a big hole.

Alfie Mawson on 10:38 - Feb 7 with 2424 viewsonehunglow

If we were to go up,I d be looking at our owner making an offer for him,bearing in mind Tuchel doesn't know him-I hope.

Alfie Mawson on 10:41 - Feb 7 with 2412 viewspencoedjack

Alfie Mawson on 10:23 - Feb 7 by Neath_Jack

If he was to improve what we already have, then it would be a no brainer. Haven't seen anything of him since he left us, but based on how he was with us then alone, then yeah i'd have him back.

Same from me
Alfie Mawson on 10:42 - Feb 7 with 2409 views34dfgdf54

He was absolutely horrendous yesterday against those lot down the road and carrying a stone too much weight.

No from me.

PS - we already have Brandon Cooper
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 10:43]
Alfie Mawson on 10:47 - Feb 7 with 2388 viewsonehunglow

The fact we seem divided should mean any return might not be a good idea.He is pretty flaky and I d prefer Cabango anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 2385 viewsDr_Parnassus

Alfie Mawson on 10:38 - Feb 7 by onehunglow

If we were to go up,I d be looking at our owner making an offer for him,bearing in mind Tuchel doesn't know him-I hope.

Guehi is way beyond us. I remember saying the same about Tammy Abraham when others were stating he wouldn’t even have a Premier League career.

Tammy is now marked as €40m and banged in 21 goals in 54 games for Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League.

Guehi is in the same bracket as Tammy, make no mistake. He will have advisors that will make him well aware of the level he should be shooting for and Chelsea aren’t stupid, they will know his worth.

Alfie Mawson on 10:51 - Feb 7 with 2378 viewsonehunglow

Alfie Mawson on 10:48 - Feb 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Guehi is way beyond us. I remember saying the same about Tammy Abraham when others were stating he wouldn’t even have a Premier League career.

Tammy is now marked as €40m and banged in 21 goals in 54 games for Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League.

Guehi is in the same bracket as Tammy, make no mistake. He will have advisors that will make him well aware of the level he should be shooting for and Chelsea aren’t stupid, they will know his worth.

Morning Doc.
One can but dream.
I concur ;Guehi is going to be a monster in the best way

Alfie Mawson on 11:13 - Feb 7 with 2338 viewsjack_lord

If we were to get promoted, I wonder if we could get an extra year loan from Chelsea?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Alfie Mawson on 11:16 - Feb 7 with 2331 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Alfie Mawson on 11:13 - Feb 7 by jack_lord

If we were to get promoted, I wonder if we could get an extra year loan from Chelsea?

I see that as a distinct possibility.

Chelsea will definitely want to see him tested at the higher level next season and he'd get far more game time with us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Alfie Mawson on 11:27 - Feb 7 with 2310 viewsBadlands

Mawson? No thanks. Overrated, overpriced and couldn't wait to leave. A case of grimace giving the impression he was giving 100%; a few goals goals though.
Guehi has gained a lot from the three CB system but I wonder how well he will do in a four and in P.L. I fear he might be not tall enough or physical enough to be a PL CB and for all his footballing skill hasn't contributed assist or goals.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alfie Mawson on 11:33 - Feb 7 with 2304 viewsCatullus

Alfie Mawson on 10:42 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

He was absolutely horrendous yesterday against those lot down the road and carrying a stone too much weight.

No from me.

PS - we already have Brandon Cooper
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 10:43]

Not just yesterday, I saw highlights of the Derby game and he gave the goal away there too. I think he's worse now than when he left us so it's a no from me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alfie Mawson on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 2298 viewsAndyCole

Good shout, but flatters to deceive, as they say. Always rated his ability (esp on the wall) but he often fell short of the level he is capable of. His recent slip up against Brentford was a game changer.

Not sure he ticks all the non-negotiables criteria to be honest. Prefer Cabango. Bennett is on another level, esp in the top 2 inches. And hopefully Scott is working to find another Bennett.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Alfie Mawson on 11:39 - Feb 7 with 2297 viewsNotLoyal

Mawson is nowhere near a premier league player. He could do a back up job in league one.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Alfie Mawson on 11:40 - Feb 7 with 2297 viewsswancity

Definitely not

He’s gone backwards undoubtedly

Overweight and not ( stamina ) fit enough at present

He’s been poor in their last couple of games

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Alfie Mawson on 12:31 - Feb 7 with 2224 viewsThornburyswan

Think I’d be waiting to see which league we are in before deciding on the Guehi replacement.
Alfie Mawson on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 2221 viewstheloneranger

No that ship has sailed.

I can see Guehi progressing to play as a defensive midfield player, similar to a Claude Makélélé - and no, I'm not making comparisons.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alfie Mawson on 12:48 - Feb 7 with 2203 viewsBoundy

Nor for me , he's just been bumping around the league ,hasn't improved and looks like he just likes the money .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Alfie Mawson on 13:00 - Feb 7 with 2189 viewsReslovenSwan1

Alfie Mawson on 11:13 - Feb 7 by jack_lord

If SCFC are in the PL why not a £15m offer? The man is only going to get better and he can be sold for much more wih PL experience under his belt. Chelsea cannot keep 35 players happy and under contract. The club can agree a deal where Chelse get 50% of any profit or
buy back option. Itsall about making deals to keep everyone happy. Timori is ahead of Guehi plus an international already plus 3-4 Centre backs they already have at the club.

Chelsea are effectively farming talented young footballers keeping them well fed and watered for a few years and then they send to market. Lewis Baker is in perpetual promising player category. 25 now and 160 games under his belt. Why is he still at Chelsea other thant the wages? Why do Chelsea want him?

Guehi under contract until June 2022. 18 month s left so says transfremkt. If he says I am not signing a new deal they might trade.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 13:25]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Alfie Mawson on 13:30 - Feb 7 with 2150 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry DrP it’s a no from me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alfie Mawson on 14:27 - Feb 7 with 2096 viewsgrabsplatter

It's a no from me, he's decent on the ball no doubt but made too many mistakes.
Having seen him a couple of times this season it looks like he hasn't eradicated them from his game unfortunately- Brentfords first goal was a prime example.
His injury record isn't great since leaving us either.
Alfie Mawson on 14:42 - Feb 7 with 2080 viewskrunchykarrot

Alfie Mawson on 12:34 - Feb 7 by theloneranger

No that ship has sailed.

I can see Guehi progressing to play as a defensive midfield player, similar to a Claude Makélélé - and no, I'm not making comparisons.

Cannot see him playing there in the Premiership LoneR, but i think i know where you are coming from. Im not sure he would make a Premieship CH but In old money would be a outstanding sweeper. Mawson has blown up and is not what we require with Naughton coming to the end and loan expiring.
Alfie Mawson on 14:48 - Feb 7 with 2071 viewspencoedjack

It’s amazing how the likes of Mawson & Caulker looked good for us, Ash probably deserves a lot of credit for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024