Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 09:53 - Feb 7 with 3775 viewsDr_Parnassus

With Guehi going back to Chelsea unlikely to ever return. Would anyone give Alfie another crack with us?

The move to Fulham clearly didn’t work out for him and looks to be crying out for a new start (currently on loan to Bristol City). Only 27 and was a 15m player 2-3 years ago. Contract running down so they would snap our hands off for cheap.

I think he would relish the chance to come back.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Alfie Mawson on 14:50 - Feb 7 with 1218 viewsKeithHaynes

Alfie Mawson on 14:48 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

It’s amazing how the likes of Mawson & Caulker looked good for us, Ash probably deserves a lot of credit for it.

I think that’s a very decent observation. One of the things Ash has in his favour.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alfie Mawson on 15:25 - Feb 7 with 1188 viewsCatullus

Alfie Mawson on 13:00 - Feb 7 by ReslovenSwan1

If SCFC are in the PL why not a £15m offer? The man is only going to get better and he can be sold for much more wih PL experience under his belt. Chelsea cannot keep 35 players happy and under contract. The club can agree a deal where Chelse get 50% of any profit or
buy back option. Itsall about making deals to keep everyone happy. Timori is ahead of Guehi plus an international already plus 3-4 Centre backs they already have at the club.

Chelsea are effectively farming talented young footballers keeping them well fed and watered for a few years and then they send to market. Lewis Baker is in perpetual promising player category. 25 now and 160 games under his belt. Why is he still at Chelsea other thant the wages? Why do Chelsea want him?

Guehi under contract until June 2022. 18 month s left so says transfremkt. If he says I am not signing a new deal they might trade.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 13:25]

A lot of Chelsea fans were screaming for Guehi to be recalled and put in the team, they're not keen on Christensen apparently.

Timori?

Chelsea have long been keeping hold of players and perpetually loaning thm out. It was only Lampard that started using the youngsters or Mount might not have gotten his chance, or several others.

Guehi would have to demand a move I think and even then I think bigger clubs would outbid us. 15 miilion might not be enough and even if it was he could probably pick up bigger wages elehwere too.

Ash Wills definitely made others look good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alfie Mawson on 15:37 - Feb 7 with 1186 viewshobo

Alfie Mawson on 13:00 - Feb 7 by ReslovenSwan1

If SCFC are in the PL why not a £15m offer? The man is only going to get better and he can be sold for much more wih PL experience under his belt. Chelsea cannot keep 35 players happy and under contract. The club can agree a deal where Chelse get 50% of any profit or
buy back option. Itsall about making deals to keep everyone happy. Timori is ahead of Guehi plus an international already plus 3-4 Centre backs they already have at the club.

Chelsea are effectively farming talented young footballers keeping them well fed and watered for a few years and then they send to market. Lewis Baker is in perpetual promising player category. 25 now and 160 games under his belt. Why is he still at Chelsea other thant the wages? Why do Chelsea want him?

Guehi under contract until June 2022. 18 month s left so says transfremkt. If he says I am not signing a new deal they might trade.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 13:25]

Rodon only went for 11m and is a full international with more experience than Guehi, so his value would have to be around the £7m mark
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 15:38]
Alfie Mawson on 15:59 - Feb 7 with 1176 viewsSTID2017

Alfie Mawson on 14:48 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

It’s amazing how the likes of Mawson & Caulker looked good for us, Ash probably deserves a lot of credit for it.

Big fish, small pond ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Alfie Mawson on 17:26 - Feb 7 with 1144 viewstheloneranger

Alfie Mawson on 15:25 - Feb 7 by Catullus

A lot of Chelsea fans were screaming for Guehi to be recalled and put in the team, they're not keen on Christensen apparently.

Timori?

Chelsea have long been keeping hold of players and perpetually loaning thm out. It was only Lampard that started using the youngsters or Mount might not have gotten his chance, or several others.

Guehi would have to demand a move I think and even then I think bigger clubs would outbid us. 15 miilion might not be enough and even if it was he could probably pick up bigger wages elehwere too.

Ash Wills definitely made others look good.

Chelsea were hit with a transfer ban by UEFA, meaning Lampard was unable to sign any new players going into the 2019/20 season, so he had to use the youngsters - to great effect.

His problems started when Chelsea gave him £200M to spend this season.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alfie Mawson on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 1084 viewsKeithHaynes

Alfie Mawson on 17:26 - Feb 7 by theloneranger

Chelsea were hit with a transfer ban by UEFA, meaning Lampard was unable to sign any new players going into the 2019/20 season, so he had to use the youngsters - to great effect.

His problems started when Chelsea gave him £200M to spend this season.

Definitely the issue for all so called big clubs, it’s not as if Frank has any life experience regards business, expenditure, impact on finances his judgement makes. He just wanders through life expecting towels to be folded and everything in its place. I personally wouldn’t trust him or any other football manager of his ilk with my grandsons pocket money let alone 200m, clubs are bonkers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alfie Mawson on 20:53 - Feb 7 with 1062 viewsGeoffThom

Not a chance ff was a better player than him and took the flack for how poor mawson was
Have a look who captain some games for Newcastle in the premiership to were mawson is then give your head a wobble
Alfie Mawson on 05:15 - Feb 8 with 980 viewsOnelessstar

Alfie Mawson on 20:53 - Feb 7 by GeoffThom

Not a chance ff was a better player than him and took the flack for how poor mawson was
Have a look who captain some games for Newcastle in the premiership to were mawson is then give your head a wobble

Thank-you for this. Fede was a beauty, a team guy, unsung. Mawson didn't have that in him. AM had a bit of a rocket ride up the leagues and started to believe the hype. He hit his ceiling pretty quickly. Not a guy to build a team around or with.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 06:32 - Feb 8 with 955 viewsDr_Winston

Alfie Mawson on 15:37 - Feb 7 by hobo

Rodon only went for 11m and is a full international with more experience than Guehi, so his value would have to be around the £7m mark
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 15:38]

Rodon was sold by a club that needed the cash to strengthen the squad overall more than it needed one player.

£15m is probably not far off the mark Chelsea would want if they decided to sell.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alfie Mawson on 13:10 - Feb 8 with 876 viewsCatullus

Alfie Mawson on 06:32 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

Rodon was sold by a club that needed the cash to strengthen the squad overall more than it needed one player.

£15m is probably not far off the mark Chelsea would want if they decided to sell.

If Guehi were owned by us we'd get less than Chelsea will. Being owned by an EPL club automatically raises the expected value.

Rodon bein a full international is not completely relevant to Guehi because Welsh players or players outside the EPL are always valued less. If Rodon were a full English international and owned by a Premier league club...well look at Harry Maguire, Hull got 12 million for him but Leicester sold him to the Mancs for 80 million.

If Rodon isn't better than Maguire (I think he is) he will be soon. If Tottenham sold him now it's be for at least double what they payed us and probably more.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alfie Mawson on 19:16 - Feb 8 with 813 viewsFlashberryjack

Alfie Mawson on 10:42 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

He was absolutely horrendous yesterday against those lot down the road and carrying a stone too much weight.

No from me.

PS - we already have Brandon Cooper
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 10:43]

Just about to post the same, although to me, it looked more like 2 stone overweight.

If he'd lose the flab, upgrade his fitness levels and show a little more want...it would be a big yes from me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Alfie Mawson on 19:43 - Feb 8 with 803 viewsDr_Winston

Mawson's clearly got talent but his career is at a "make or break" point. Need to get a grip on himself before he finds out how much further he can fall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alfie Mawson on 19:48 - Feb 8 with 800 viewsnantywatcher

All the comments on this thread alluding to AM having a massive ego, being a "BIG I AM," I find quite amazing. I only ever spent a couple of minutes with him but he came across as being diametrically opposite to those descriptions. Not sure he is ever going to rediscover the form he had before his injuries, but if he did I think Dr P has made a good call.
Alfie Mawson on 23:15 - Feb 8 with 760 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yes I’m not really sure where that has come from really. Always seemed very grounded and humble to me, mentioning where he has come from often in interviews. I think you could even find him on Sundays at car boot sales if I’m not mistaken.

When the first lot of vultures came circling he made it clear he didn’t want to leave, from memory. He then was sold because he had to be. That’s the same situation as a load of other players who aren’t being questioned for their attitude.

I take the point his conditioning looks a little off. But that’s fixable. Cooper will recognise if he’s the right type of personality (attitude and desire). If he is then it seems a bit of an easy one for me. If not then we move on.

But a chance to get a player everyone seemed to be gutted was sold for 15m or whatever it was 3 seasons ago, now at 27 years old, back at the club for what would clearly be a huge discount seems an option worth exploring.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Alfie Mawson on 10:17 - Feb 9 with 691 viewsBadlands

Alfie Mawson on 23:15 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes I’m not really sure where that has come from really. Always seemed very grounded and humble to me, mentioning where he has come from often in interviews. I think you could even find him on Sundays at car boot sales if I’m not mistaken.

When the first lot of vultures came circling he made it clear he didn’t want to leave, from memory. He then was sold because he had to be. That’s the same situation as a load of other players who aren’t being questioned for their attitude.

I take the point his conditioning looks a little off. But that’s fixable. Cooper will recognise if he’s the right type of personality (attitude and desire). If he is then it seems a bit of an easy one for me. If not then we move on.

But a chance to get a player everyone seemed to be gutted was sold for 15m or whatever it was 3 seasons ago, now at 27 years old, back at the club for what would clearly be a huge discount seems an option worth exploring.

'...everyone seemed to be gutted was sold for 15m ..' Eh!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alfie Mawson on 10:54 - Feb 9 with 676 viewsWhiterockin

Alfie Mawson on 10:17 - Feb 9 by Badlands

'...everyone seemed to be gutted was sold for 15m ..' Eh!

Not everyone mate, go back through the old thread.
Alfie Mawson on 19:02 - Feb 9 with 617 viewsBillyChong

Called up for England before he left the Swans. I think he also played very league game that season . Hit his peak too early.
Alfie Mawson on 03:06 - Feb 10 with 567 viewsNotLoyal

Alfie Mawson on 19:02 - Feb 9 by BillyChong

Called up for England before he left the Swans. I think he also played very league game that season . Hit his peak too early.

He was at the right club at the right time, many players don't see it, he didn't either.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024