Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH 09:38 - Oct 21 with 15193 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City are on a roll, scoring goals and entertaining the fans. This Saturday the swans travel to Birmingham. Its not in the north, it’s in the midlands, where Baz lives.

Away Fans Guide
It is best to drink in the city centre and get a taxi to the ground (about £9). If you are walking to the ground from the city centre, then you may care to stop at the Anchor Pub on Bradford Street, renowned for its range of real ales on offer. Although there are a number of Blues fans that frequent the pub they tend to be of the CAMRA bearded variety and therefore as long as you don't turn up mobbed handed, you should be okay. The pub is situated just behind Birmingham Coach Station. Going on further towards the ground then you are likely to pass the Old Crown, on Digbeth High Street, which apart from being Birmingham's oldest building, is also a pub which normally allows in away fans. Also in the same area is the DigBrew Company who are based on River Street (B5 5SA) and are open on Saturdays from 12noon. This brewery which is located in an old industrial unit has a bar inside and is welcoming to visiting supporters. Although basic inside, the beer (both real ale and craft) is good and the brewery is around a 15 minute walk away from the visitor's turnstiles (going in the general direction of the city centre)

If you coming by train, or decide to drink in the city centre beforehand, then if you like your real ale, then you can't do much better than visiting the Wellington Pub on Bennetts Hill. With 16 real ales on tap, including 12 guest ales, this is somewhat of a mecca for real ale drinkers. Also on Bennetts Hill, there is the 'Sun On The Hill' pub, which also shows televised sports and there is a Wetherspoons Pub called the Briar Rose, which normally admits visiting fans as long as no colours are shown. The Wellington does not provide food but has no objections to you bringing in your own. There are a couple of taxi ranks nearby that you can use if you wish to get you to the St Andrews ground. You can get more info on the Wellington pub website, including a live 'beer board' showing which ales they are currently serving. Just outside the main entrance to Birmingham New Street Station, is the Shakespeare pub, which is also popular with visiting supporters (normally under the watchful eye of the local Constabulary). Frequented not only those on their way to St Andrews but those on their way to the Hawthorns, as West Brom normally play their Saturday home games on the same day as Birmingham City. Alcohol is normally made available to away fans inside the ground in the form of John Smith’s Bitter or Fosters Lager (£3.80 per pint), as well as Bottles of Bulmers Cider (£3.60) and Wine (£3.90). However, for certain high profile fixtures, the Club opts not to sell any to away fans.

Official ticket news : Further tickets have been made available for Saturday’s Championship clash against Birmingham City at St Andrew’s (3pm). The Jack Army sold their initial allocation of 1500, with extra tickets now available on general sale. The Swans are going in search of a third straight win and are sure to have a strong away contingent cheering on Russell Martin and his players.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56053/olivier-ntcham-loo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56055/team-news-birmingh

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56056

Nothing more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:07 - Oct 23 with 1428 viewsshingle

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:02 - Oct 23 by Catullus

I can give a perfect REASON, not an excuse, we have just played our thrid game in 6 days, the previous 2 games being the derby and WBA who were a physical team and gave us a good workout. That is why we looked a bit jaded.

It's not like we got a good hiding, some people can't wait to criticise, without using some/any pespsective!

We haven't got a massive squad with strength in depth, we have got much quality sitting on the bench either. We need at ;east 3 more players in January.

But Birmingham last 4 games were Away to Forest away to hudderfield a derby against West Brom and now us and they have not got a massive squad.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:16]
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:15 - Oct 23 with 1387 viewsWhiterockin

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:02 - Oct 23 by Catullus

I can give a perfect REASON, not an excuse, we have just played our thrid game in 6 days, the previous 2 games being the derby and WBA who were a physical team and gave us a good workout. That is why we looked a bit jaded.

It's not like we got a good hiding, some people can't wait to criticise, without using some/any pespsective!

We haven't got a massive squad with strength in depth, we have got much quality sitting on the bench either. We need at ;east 3 more players in January.

Its surprising how much we missed Bidwell today. The starting 11 plus 3 or 4 others are OK after that we are thin on the ground if Martin only wants players who play his way. Its unbelievable how much players like Fulton have dropped down the pecking order.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:28 - Oct 23 with 1356 viewsshingle

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 17:06 - Oct 23 by magicdaps10

Oh, bloody hell..........you really don't like Russell Martin do you?!

Wasn't great today but this is where we are and where we will be for the rest of the season, plenty more bumpy roads ahead with positives sprinkled inbetween.

If you cant accept its a transition season and we are learning all over again then I would advise you to take up knitting or do some yoga or there again just have a Snickers bar.

You need to get over your hatred for Martin and accept this season will not be like the previous 3 seasons for obvious reasons.

So you believe Martin will start to turn things for the better by this time next season, if not how far exactly into the future are you going to give him, one thing is for certain we were a far stronger team under Cooper than what we currently are, personally i think a lot of you who believe the Martin spiel will have changed your tune by this time next season and have egg all over your faces, hope i am wrong mind you.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:29 - Oct 23 with 1314 viewsonehunglow

We have enough midfielders for sure .Fact. Fulton would have given us some bite today but Martin obviously doesn’t like him,so he doesn’t get a chance .Reason

We have a CH played as full back in Bennett and Cabango another CH played as a full back. When he s picking them,he reverts to the frail waif that is Manning,laughably in our back line .

And you don’t think Bowyer saw through that

Martin needs to play his best players in their best positions ,he doesn’t

Why include Cullen on the bench . Reason.

I fear Martin will be passing off our best players who will be looking to exit in January. That will see HIM in situ and us looking for reinforcements . It depends on how much trust yiu want to put in him..

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:41 - Oct 23 with 1291 viewsAndyCole

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:29 - Oct 23 by onehunglow

We have enough midfielders for sure .Fact. Fulton would have given us some bite today but Martin obviously doesn’t like him,so he doesn’t get a chance .Reason

We have a CH played as full back in Bennett and Cabango another CH played as a full back. When he s picking them,he reverts to the frail waif that is Manning,laughably in our back line .

I fear Martin will be passing off our best players who will be looking to exit in January. That will see HIM in situ and us looking for reinforcements . It depends on how much trust yiu want to put in him..

Look on the bright side this evening. Even after a gut wrenching loss against an abject Brum.

You won't have that uber troll bullying you tonight - Jamie's crept back under his Rock ;-) where he and his comical troupe of happy clappers belong.

If Martine sticks to Plan B we have a chance. It's all about the ego though, as it is with the dull troupe, currently abstaining from the grown up discussions this evening - as is their want when things don't go their way - winning or losing.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:42 - Oct 23 with 1309 viewsTreforys_Jack

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:28 - Oct 23 by shingle

So you believe Martin will start to turn things for the better by this time next season, if not how far exactly into the future are you going to give him, one thing is for certain we were a far stronger team under Cooper than what we currently are, personally i think a lot of you who believe the Martin spiel will have changed your tune by this time next season and have egg all over your faces, hope i am wrong mind you.

RM appears to have an arrogant streak in him, maybe it's required for the role. Don't like some of his after match comments, and not impressed with his public comments about Piroe and Patterson, things like that should be kept in house. The Whittaker scenario is equally baffling, only thing I can think of is, he doesn't work hard enough.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:43 - Oct 23 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:41 - Oct 23 by AndyCole

Look on the bright side this evening. Even after a gut wrenching loss against an abject Brum.

You won't have that uber troll bullying you tonight - Jamie's crept back under his Rock ;-) where he and his comical troupe of happy clappers belong.

If Martine sticks to Plan B we have a chance. It's all about the ego though, as it is with the dull troupe, currently abstaining from the grown up discussions this evening - as is their want when things don't go their way - winning or losing.

He doesn’t like people sticking with their home town team for basically twice his age long.

I tried the bright side but it did t work.

Stuff that positivity crepe
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 18:45]

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:59 - Oct 23 with 1278 viewskrunchykarrot

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:29 - Oct 23 by onehunglow

I agree Fulton would have given us some bite with fresh legs today, but RM obviously doesnt.
Bennet is playing because Cabango and Williams have struggled a bit and Cooper who i rate is a tad slow to play 3 at the back.
Manning and Bidwell are limited with no pace so provide no options going forward.
Cullen is used for his closing down, but i agree he is struggling but to be fair the service he and Piroe require is not abundant.
As for your dislike of RM it is unwarranted at the moment, how anyone can judge a manager or his team under the circumstances is just pointless.
The Jan window will give us a better idea of where we are, sign two wing backs who can beat a player and also defend and the side and players like Cabango and Williams will benefit.

Just for curiosity who do you realistically think we could replace him with?
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 19:05 - Oct 23 with 1264 viewsmax936

We're not gonna win every game, we gonna lose we gonna draw games, that's football not the end of the World, we got 6 pts out of 9pts over the last 7 days, excellent return, nobody was more disappointed than me at the final whistle, but it needs to be put into perspective and put today behind us and look forward to next week and crack on and we will!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:43 - Oct 23 with 1175 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea support was incredible again, Brum mate of mine said it was the noisiest he’d seen all year.

Enjoyed the game, entertaining match.
We looked tired, not surprised as 3 tough matches in 6 days with a small squad.
Brum deserved the win, we could have nicked a draw.
Happy with the progress, enjoying our football.
Reinforcements to arrive in Jan.
Playoffs in reach.

Far better than last year despite the results.

On another point, I watched 4 matches this year.

Preston, Blackburn, Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Trying to work out the common denominator
Safe travels home YJB
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:51 - Oct 23 with 1163 viewsTreforys_Jack

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:43 - Oct 23 by Sirjohnalot

Swansea support was incredible again, Brum mate of mine said it was the noisiest he’d seen all year.

Enjoyed the game, entertaining match.
We looked tired, not surprised as 3 tough matches in 6 days with a small squad.
Brum deserved the win, we could have nicked a draw.
Happy with the progress, enjoying our football.
Reinforcements to arrive in Jan.
Playoffs in reach.

Far better than last year despite the results.

On another point, I watched 4 matches this year.

Preston, Blackburn, Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Trying to work out the common denominator
Safe travels home YJB

You're enjoying it more than last year !!! Now you've done it. You must be simple, twp, deluded, happy clapper.

welcome to the club 😉
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:53 - Oct 23 with 1158 viewsSirjohnalot

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:51 - Oct 23 by Treforys_Jack

You're enjoying it more than last year !!! Now you've done it. You must be simple, twp, deluded, happy clapper.

welcome to the club 😉

Completely disagree, but I just asked my wife and she agrees with every point you made : )

Being simple, deluded, tŵp and a happy clapper is probably why I enjoy life so much.

All good. Have a lovely Saturday night
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:54]
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 19:58 - Oct 23 with 1142 viewsmax936

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:15 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

Its surprising how much we missed Bidwell today. The starting 11 plus 3 or 4 others are OK after that we are thin on the ground if Martin only wants players who play his way. Its unbelievable how much players like Fulton have dropped down the pecking order.

Fulton would have made a difference in midfield today for me, he's got bite and would have been likely to have stopped them, walking through our middle, I'd prefer him to Smith.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 1101 viewsBadlands

Naughton on the right
Cabango in the middle
Bennet / Williams left

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:30 - Oct 23 with 1085 viewsangryjack

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:21 - Oct 23 by Badlands

Naughton on the right
Cabango in the middle
Bennet / Williams left

Are you cabangos boyfriend just asking...for someone who pointed it out you love him
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:31 - Oct 23 with 1084 viewsherbie

Win some lose some. Good football to enjoy. Why do people feel the need to be so negative after a defeat? I am enjoying this season more than last as the football is so much more enjoyable.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 1054 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 18:59 - Oct 23 by krunchykarrot

I agree Fulton would have given us some bite with fresh legs today, but RM obviously doesnt.
Bennet is playing because Cabango and Williams have struggled a bit and Cooper who i rate is a tad slow to play 3 at the back.
Manning and Bidwell are limited with no pace so provide no options going forward.
Cullen is used for his closing down, but i agree he is struggling but to be fair the service he and Piroe require is not abundant.
As for your dislike of RM it is unwarranted at the moment, how anyone can judge a manager or his team under the circumstances is just pointless.
The Jan window will give us a better idea of where we are, sign two wing backs who can beat a player and also defend and the side and players like Cabango and Williams will benefit.

Just for curiosity who do you realistically think we could replace him with?

If that is all Cullen is used for then I need not comment further as it should be self evident as to what is the issue except to say Cullen is said to be a striker.He is no midfielder and no defender.A headless chicken.

I have no opinion of Martin a a man merely a manager and I am less enthused than most on here.

That is all.

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 21:10 - Oct 23 with 1014 viewsangryjack

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ITS MATCHDAY ! on 20:33 - Oct 23 by onehunglow

If that is all Cullen is used for then I need not comment further as it should be self evident as to what is the issue except to say Cullen is said to be a striker.He is no midfielder and no defender.A headless chicken.

I have no opinion of Martin a a man merely a manager and I am less enthused than most on here.

That is all.

Cullen is a waste of a wage ..end of and if he's getting picked over the likes of whittacker and even Joseph out on loan then russ us a cabbafe
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 22:21 - Oct 23 with 929 viewscontroversial_jack

R.M, has been in charge for what, 14 games? We have had two halves of excellent decisive football in that time. We are in the lower half of the league and lost to a mediocre side today, and managed just one shot on goal. We have played no more games than Birmingham either

He doesn't seem to yet know his best side. I'm not convinced we have improved.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 868 viewsOptimisticJack

Spot on assessment.
Really enjoying our football these days.
Russell Martin is a breath of fresh air.

Optimisticjack

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 863 viewsmahoss

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 22:21 - Oct 23 by controversial_jack

R.M, has been in charge for what, 14 games? We have had two halves of excellent decisive football in that time. We are in the lower half of the league and lost to a mediocre side today, and managed just one shot on goal. We have played no more games than Birmingham either

He doesn't seem to yet know his best side. I'm not convinced we have improved.

Don’t know what to make of it at the moment........
At times we look very good, other times we look a shambles.
Time will tell I suppose,the passing around the back 3 is a disaster waiting to happen.
We claim to play total football yet most of our recent goals have come from long balls
over the top !
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 23:28]
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:42 - Oct 23 with 830 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:23 - Oct 24 with 800 viewsReslovenSwan1

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:08 - Oct 23 by mahoss

Don’t know what to make of it at the moment........
At times we look very good, other times we look a shambles.
Time will tell I suppose,the passing around the back 3 is a disaster waiting to happen.
We claim to play total football yet most of our recent goals have come from long balls
over the top !
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 23:28]

If Swansea have any aspirations above championship 'Warnock ball' they must be adept at being comfortable in possession at the back. It is a basic necessity. Warnock does not do it but has a nose bleed every time he has gotten into the Premier league.

Swansea now has joined up thinking. There should be no centre backs in the u16, u18 and u21 that are not trained to play like this, Ismael the WBA coach has succeeded as a super high press but has lost against Swansea every time he has played them.

0-1 high press Grant High press spring a leak 1-1 Piroe. High pressing tems tend to get tired. It is a very hard way to play 46 times. Birmingham were fresher than Swansea with the same schedule. Perhaps Martin could have rotated more Willams R, Williams D, Cooper, Fulton, Dhanda, Whittaker, Obafemi. Maritn will learn which players can handle 3 games and which cannot. Ayew, Bidwell and CR17 we super reliable and fit last season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:32 - Oct 24 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

This talk of a transition season everytime we lose is nonsense.

They don’t exist.

We have just shown we are capable of playing well, in both the Cardiff and WBA games. This side should have top 10 form from here, possibly top 6 form.

Whether we get there or not is another thing because of our slow start working out the right systems

But from here, there should be no talk of transition, the transition has happened. Now we should be putting in decent performances.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:49 - Oct 24 with 785 viewsWalterBoyd

I was away today at family wedding so didn't see the match.

So many contradictory opinions, hard to comment.

Stats say we dominated, possession, opportunities, corners etc.

Result says otherwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024