Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread 09:20 - Mar 7 with 15850 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57231/will-enforced-chan

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57236/swansea-city-v-ful

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Korey Smith, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Kyle Joseph, Joel Latibeaudiere, Finley Burns, Cameron Congreve.

Fulham: Marek Rodak; Harrison Reed, Neeskens Kebano, Harry Wilson, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Tim Ream (captain), Tosin Aderabioyo, Neco Williams, Jean Michael Seri, Fabio Carvalho, Antonee Robinson.

Substitutes: Paulo Gazzaniga. Kenny Tete, Michael Hector, Tom Cairney, Nathaniel Chalobah, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Ivan Cavaleiro.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:22 - Mar 9 with 1365 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:15 - Mar 9 by union_jack

I’ve noticed something in the last few games which was repeated last night.

Fisher has a problem with shifting his weight. He’s been rooted to the spot on many occasions because he doesn’t have the ability / capability to go back the other way quickly. Bit of a disadvantage for a keeper and not one that can be remedied easily.

Id give him some more time because given our league position, this is the perfect opportunity to let him make mistakes and learn from them. And of course, Martin is not going to admit failure at this point.

He does have a tendency to look unsure.
The second goal, although Cabango's mistake, Fisher should have called and claimed.
Also in the first half he watched the ball go past his far post ( could just have easily gone in ) but made no effort to save it.
Part of me agrees he needs time, but trouble is he seems to have a mistake in him every game.
This may be partly down to the system Martin plats.
I personally think Hamer deserves a run again

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:11 - Mar 9 with 1292 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

If you have seen worse go unpunished then that means those decisions were incorrect as opposed to them being right and this one incorrect.

It’s as textbook a sending off for “serious foul play” as you can get, it’s literally to the letter of the law.

Any player who lunges at an opponent for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or two legs , with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play .”

He lunged from the side, caught him above the ankle and the only reason it didn’t result in a serious injury is because he saw it coming and rode it by lifting his feet off before impact.

I hope the talk of appeal from Martin yesterday was just frustration because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it.

Theres more red arrows there than on Lutons magic roundabout.

Not one picture shows contact......2 are from the wrong angle anyway, no chance of a job on Sly Sports there Dr.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:12 - Mar 9 with 1290 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:15 - Mar 9 by union_jack

I’ve noticed something in the last few games which was repeated last night.

Fisher has a problem with shifting his weight. He’s been rooted to the spot on many occasions because he doesn’t have the ability / capability to go back the other way quickly. Bit of a disadvantage for a keeper and not one that can be remedied easily.

Id give him some more time because given our league position, this is the perfect opportunity to let him make mistakes and learn from them. And of course, Martin is not going to admit failure at this point.

"this is the perfect opportunity to let him make mistakes and learn from them."

He is 24, not some U23s keeper, he has been playing for 6 years.
It makes him a very, very slow learner.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:16 - Mar 9 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 10:22 - Mar 9 by STID2017

He does have a tendency to look unsure.
The second goal, although Cabango's mistake, Fisher should have called and claimed.
Also in the first half he watched the ball go past his far post ( could just have easily gone in ) but made no effort to save it.
Part of me agrees he needs time, but trouble is he seems to have a mistake in him every game.
This may be partly down to the system Martin plats.
I personally think Hamer deserves a run again

"Unsure"
Yikes

One of those goals aw him literally go from one end of his line to another and then back again.

We have coaches at the club;they are well paid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:18 - Mar 9 with 1281 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:11 - Mar 9 by swan65split

Theres more red arrows there than on Lutons magic roundabout.

Not one picture shows contact......2 are from the wrong angle anyway, no chance of a job on Sly Sports there Dr.

There is one

So we are saying there was no contact and that is the reason he should not have been sent off?

No contact? Really?

So his foot just morphed through his leg then I suppose… Can’t see that being a very good defence on appeal.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:23 - Mar 9 with 1272 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

If you have seen worse go unpunished then that means those decisions were incorrect as opposed to them being right and this one incorrect.

It’s as textbook a sending off for “serious foul play” as you can get, it’s literally to the letter of the law.

Any player who lunges at an opponent for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or two legs , with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play .”

He lunged from the side, caught him above the ankle and the only reason it didn’t result in a serious injury is because he saw it coming and rode it by lifting his feet off before impact.

I hope the talk of appeal from Martin yesterday was just frustration because we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it.

There was an almost idetical foul in the Liverpool/Inter game last night, it was slightly higher though.
It was given a yellow.
Later there was a worse foul, sliding in on Salah with the ball already gone.
The lower foot missed Salah so the player deliberately kicked high with his upper foot to bring Salah down.
Also a yellow.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:29 - Mar 9 with 1266 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:23 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

There was an almost idetical foul in the Liverpool/Inter game last night, it was slightly higher though.
It was given a yellow.
The lower foot missed Salah so the player deliberately kicked high with his upper foot to bring Salah down.
Also a yellow.

Didn’t see the Liverpool game, but sounds like the wrong decision as opposed to an example of them being correct.

Anything lunging, studs up and high should be a red without hesitation.

The description in the FA referee handbook is listed above, it could almost be accompanying depictions to the text it is that word for word.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Mar 9 with 1237 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:18 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

There is one

So we are saying there was no contact and that is the reason he should not have been sent off?

No contact? Really?

So his foot just morphed through his leg then I suppose… Can’t see that being a very good defence on appeal.

"So we are saying there was no contact and that is the reason he should not have been sent off?"

Thanks for agreeing with me , no sending off, as AFD says theres similar going unpunished or yellow only, If I am not mistaken weve been victims of similar tackles lately.

Wilsons break dancing act got him sent off,

ref turned a blind eye to their attempt at getting a pen inthe first half , the Cottaging pincer tackle and Mitrovic's attempt at trying to get a pen 2nd half by going down holding his head.

Woolmer as usual suffering from the small man syndrome, shoulders back lovely boy strutting around ..Look at me I m in charge mode. Probably hates travelling the M4.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 11:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:04 - Mar 9 with 1222 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Mar 9 by swan65split

"So we are saying there was no contact and that is the reason he should not have been sent off?"

Thanks for agreeing with me , no sending off, as AFD says theres similar going unpunished or yellow only, If I am not mistaken weve been victims of similar tackles lately.

ref turned a blind eye to their attempt at getting a pen inthe first half , the Cottaging pincer tackle and Mitrovic's attempt at trying to get a pen 2nd half by going down holding his head.

Woolmer as usual suffering from the small man syndrome, shoulders back lovely boy strutting around ..Look at me I m in charge mode. Probably hates travelling the M4.

What did I agree with? I am asking you if your defence is that he didn’t touch him?

Similar going unpunished elsewhere isn’t a defence. You don’t use other refs mistakes as a precedent, the precedent is the laws of the game and they are clear.

How much are we betting on the appeal then?

Anything you like, we can donate to the site charity. Sounds a good idea…

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:04 - Mar 9 with 1214 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:56 - Mar 9 by swan65split

the worst play acting was the apparent electrocuting of their player as Nuaghton tried to clear the danger.
Am obvious yellow card

Wilson has done this for Wales too

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:23 - Mar 9 with 1191 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 00:11 - Mar 9 by lifelong

We were the better side until the sending off.

But the determination and grit and battle showed after the sending off proves we are a team going places.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:29 - Mar 9 with 1182 viewskrunchykarrot

Ok here's my take on last night, sitting high in stand adjacent to penalty spot in the West.
First half was excellent controlled quicker in possesion with us defending literally with a back four Ben CH then when we had the ball pushing one forward. This is where Manning came unstuck chasing back and stretched with wrong foot and got unlucky.

Second half was played out in front of me literally, and i hate having a go at players but bringing Bennet on was a big mistake, why oh why in that position did he go back to the keeper for the first goal players were furious. Paterson although he scored walked about and didnt look like he was up for it. Bennet then decided to push backline up and then dropped back allowing them time and again to get in. Watching Fulham last night they were superb stretching us from the start with players hugging touchline from the start, loved their CH pacy and could carry and pick a pass. Every player looked pacy with Mitrovic looking the slowest by the way i never realised how big a unit he is.

I hope this result will convince RM to use the rest of the season to play Ben or Burns at CH and to see and give time to see if the youngsters can do a job, the first half should convince supporters that with a few additions and player performances in this system till end of season i think we will be in a better position this time next year.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:31 - Mar 9 with 1179 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

0907-0933.
Odd that.

Now then,Champ.

Are you happy right now?
Do you think our keeper is efficient

Do you think we are well led

If you want to play the insult game with me you will lose.I will crush you as I have others under foot.

If you like ,you could DM me with your best insults,you best Russ Love ;at least it'll save the poor readers of this fine site from burning their eyelids with your trash.

You will crush him will you, as you have others is this what happens when old people in there seventies.debate on a football forum sad, but it makes me smile.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Mar 9 with 1165 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:31 - Mar 9 by shingle

You will crush him will you, as you have others is this what happens when old people in there seventies.debate on a football forum sad, but it makes me smile.

We are talking metaphorically naturally.

Its what happens when people reach THEIR seventies. They take no crap and know of having a go on net then get it spelt correctly.

Now then,you happy this morning Shings?

What's your age btw?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 15:02 - Mar 9 with 1055 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Mar 9 by onehunglow

We are talking metaphorically naturally.

Its what happens when people reach THEIR seventies. They take no crap and know of having a go on net then get it spelt correctly.

Now then,you happy this morning Shings?

What's your age btw?

Unless of course you reside in a nursing home or are stuck in the house due to age related problems, hope you do not decide to crush me as well now, you vicious beast grrrrr.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Mar 9 with 1050 viewsmagicdaps10

Didn't notice last night but did the Fulham player who came through Kyle Joseph about 20 yards from our goal booked?

Saying that, did he even give a free kick to us!? That was a nasty challenge and memory tells me he didn't get a card.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Mar 9 with 992 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 12:04 - Mar 9 by Dr_Parnassus

What did I agree with? I am asking you if your defence is that he didn’t touch him?

Similar going unpunished elsewhere isn’t a defence. You don’t use other refs mistakes as a precedent, the precedent is the laws of the game and they are clear.

How much are we betting on the appeal then?

Anything you like, we can donate to the site charity. Sounds a good idea…

Now you wouldn't want to lead someone into something they dont believe in huh? betting, its a no no for me, as to charity Ive organised and given and still do my bit thank you.

Reason given was reckless and high, I don't think it was , poor and mis judged yes, and not intentional.

As too getting off on appeal, its another no.. its Swansea, a popular ref it appears , and Woolmer is there, he had someone on the bench booked didn't he?
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:17 - Mar 9 with 978 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:12 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

"this is the perfect opportunity to let him make mistakes and learn from them."

He is 24, not some U23s keeper, he has been playing for 6 years.
It makes him a very, very slow learner.

Like his mentor Russy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Mar 9 with 965 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Mar 9 by swan65split

Now you wouldn't want to lead someone into something they dont believe in huh? betting, its a no no for me, as to charity Ive organised and given and still do my bit thank you.

Reason given was reckless and high, I don't think it was , poor and mis judged yes, and not intentional.

As too getting off on appeal, its another no.. its Swansea, a popular ref it appears , and Woolmer is there, he had someone on the bench booked didn't he?

"Intention" isn't a factor in determining whether something is serious foul play and a red card offence. Commentators love to analyse whether a player "meant it" or "is that sort of player" (like when someone throws an elbow back and they check to see if he looked over his shoulder first), but it doesn't matter. A poor and misjudged lunge with excess force, that endangers the safety of an opponent, fits the criteria under Law 12 of the rulebook. There's no chance it gets overturned, and not because the refs all hate Swansea City.
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:32 - Mar 9 with 937 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:25 - Mar 9 by jasper_T

"Intention" isn't a factor in determining whether something is serious foul play and a red card offence. Commentators love to analyse whether a player "meant it" or "is that sort of player" (like when someone throws an elbow back and they check to see if he looked over his shoulder first), but it doesn't matter. A poor and misjudged lunge with excess force, that endangers the safety of an opponent, fits the criteria under Law 12 of the rulebook. There's no chance it gets overturned, and not because the refs all hate Swansea City.

I don’t believe anyone has said that all refs hate Swansea City. But one evidence based retrospective example with direct speech has been used. And that official was allowed to officiate last night.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Mar 9 with 926 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 11:23 - Mar 9 by A_Fans_Dad

It was given a yellow.
Also a yellow.

In picture 3 there is a round thing (called a football) and a pale blue thing (called a football boot.) The pale blue thing needs to be fairly close to the round thing, however when they are almost a metre apart it makes it a rather reckless tackle. 100% a red card (for the record I like Manning as a footballer, I'm sure if he had his time all over again...)
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Mar 9 with 896 viewsGixerJack

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Mar 7 by GixerJack

I fancy us getting something of this one

That went well!!! ☹️
Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Mar 9 with 870 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Mar 9 by GixerJack

That went well!!! ☹️

Same here.

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 9 with 750 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 23:31 - Mar 7 by AndyCole

With the talent in our squad, and the way in which the leadership team is forcing Martin to play to our strengths instead of playing to his ego, we could easily win this 3-1.

However if Martin reverts to type, bows to his own egotistical agenda, we could lose this 1-4.

So, either 3-1 to the fighting Swans, drawing upon the winning mindset from the past two terms. Or 1-4 to brand Martin.

A proper watershed in Martine's tenure.

Unfortunately Martin caved, and the latter scenario prevailed, as per.

For patches of the 1st half Plan B looked like it may be sticking. With no penetration, cutting edge, dynamism in the final third. Coulda, shoulda.

However, when under pressure in the 2nd half Martin was way out of his comfort zone and reverted to his losing Plan A. The kamikaze short game, deep in our half. Against the league leaders. The predicted 1-4 was generous. The capitulation was worse than feared, frighteningly so.

A proper watershed, in many ways.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Mar 9 with 718 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Fulham : Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 9 by AndyCole

Unfortunately Martin caved, and the latter scenario prevailed, as per.

For patches of the 1st half Plan B looked like it may be sticking. With no penetration, cutting edge, dynamism in the final third. Coulda, shoulda.

However, when under pressure in the 2nd half Martin was way out of his comfort zone and reverted to his losing Plan A. The kamikaze short game, deep in our half. Against the league leaders. The predicted 1-4 was generous. The capitulation was worse than feared, frighteningly so.

A proper watershed, in many ways.

How did RM cave in ?
The first half was for the most part as Martin planned.
Whatever your view on the red card it happened.
We got through to half time then before anyone knew it, we were two down within six minutes.
What on earth could Martin do about that?
The second half was a shambles and all the players should take collective blame, most of all Ryan Manning for being sent off.
You and UHL can't wait to kick Martin, even when he is not to blame

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024