Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer 12:09 - May 13 with 6877 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve just piled in a load of peas and marigolds. I’ll put some pictures on later. Anyone else ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:38 - May 13 with 3017 viewsBoundy

Nothing in the ground due to a wayward dog who thinks there be gold in my borders. So its pots filled with the usual, geraniums , nasturtium , bizzy lizzies , African and french marigolds and poppies .I don't have lawns but artificial grass which I'll remove and replace with turf when I retire (one day)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:45 - May 13 with 3015 viewscontroversial_jack

Potatoes, carrots, radish, lettuce and mint
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 16:45 - May 13 with 2981 viewsLorax

We split our garden in two, we built a raised flowerbed in the middle, the half closest to the house has flowerbeds down the side with a variety of flowers, a couple of rosebushes, the flowerbed itself is my wife's baby, she put a mix of Alpines in there, with some heather in a small rockery in the corner.

The back end we are letting grow wild to encourage the bees and other insects. We have bee houses and have thrown seeds up there that are supposed to be specially for pollinators.

No foodstuffs, we tried during the pandemic and we are quite hopeless. We managed some spuds is about all.
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:03 - May 13 with 2969 viewsFlashberryjack

3 types of Tomatoes (Beef, Cherry and Plum), Cucumber, Runner Beans, Basil, Coriander, Jasmine and loads of Sunflowers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:04 - May 13 with 2966 viewslifelong

New Guinea Patients (Busy Lizzies) are our favourite summer flower, it will flower and last well into October, great for any border or as a pot plant.
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:36 - May 13 with 2939 viewsonehunglow

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:38 - May 13 by Boundy

Nothing in the ground due to a wayward dog who thinks there be gold in my borders. So its pots filled with the usual, geraniums , nasturtium , bizzy lizzies , African and french marigolds and poppies .I don't have lawns but artificial grass which I'll remove and replace with turf when I retire (one day)

You're reading my mind
Our 14 week pub is doing a fine job destroying our immaculate rear garden.

Lawn buggered and several shrubs seem very much to the taste of thi truculent Yorkshire bitch.

Looking at getting a gun and tweed jacket and join the Shooting set as she' s from a line of champion working Labs. Eats like a hoover and loves being out meeting people

Wished we'd got a Malinois as then people would stay the fark away and leave us alone .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:40 - May 13 with 2893 viewsKeithHaynes

Roses in this heat are hard to maintain.
But it’s been a good year.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:42 - May 13 with 2887 viewsKeithHaynes

Rosemary and Mint.

Login to get fewer ads

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:46 - May 13 with 2878 viewsmax936

Trying to give ours a bit of a Japanese look, just about order wood to make a Japanese look fence and gonna plant a couple more Acers, the three we got are young and not quite established, trouble is bugger all is cheap, would like a Cloud tree as well, be they are an extortionate price
[Post edited 13 May 2022 22:20]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:03 - May 13 with 2870 viewsKeithHaynes

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:46 - May 13 by max936

Trying to give ours a bit of a Japanese look, just about order wood to make a Japanese look fence and gonna plant a couple more Acers, the three we got are young and not quite established, trouble is bugger all is cheap, would like a Cloud tree as well, be they are an extortionate price

You’ve got acres !

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:07 - May 13 with 2865 viewsBoundy

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:46 - May 13 by max936

Try that new fangled stuff , all the rage around here , i think its called Reynoutria japonica . my neighbours swear by it (or at it I can never remember)

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:09 - May 13 with 2864 viewsBoundy

Acers are lovely but no good in pot, s regardless of the size. Do not ever plant bamboo , it took me a week ro get rid of mine ( 2 metre square) , scary stuff which I swear was growing at a foot a day

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:12 - May 13 with 2858 viewsKeithHaynes

No filters required here.
But it requires mucho agua !

If you want to send me your garden pics by email I’ll load them up for you.

Swansea.Independent1@gmail.com

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:33 - May 13 with 2836 viewsNotLoyal

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:12 - May 13 by KeithHaynes

The work you have done there on a limited budget is astounding 👍

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:35 - May 13 with 2830 viewsNotLoyal

My utility room.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:19 - May 13 with 2797 viewsmax936

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:03 - May 13 by KeithHaynes

You’ve got acres !

What's a displaced r between friends

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:44 - May 13 with 2781 viewsmax936

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:07 - May 13 by Boundy

Try that new fangled stuff , all the rage around here , i think its called Reynoutria japonica . my neighbours swear by it (or at it I can never remember)

Yeah, its lovely stuff that, in someone else's garden

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 08:40 - May 14 with 2715 viewsonehunglow

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:12 - May 13 by KeithHaynes

How I envy you.
Getting up the morning ,having a quick ablution and then tumbling into that pool ,textile free of course then coffee and croissants with a few neighbours.

I should have worked harder when I had the chance. My father told me I 'd never get anywhere.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:21 - May 14 with 2655 viewsKeithHaynes

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 08:40 - May 14 by onehunglow

How I envy you.
Getting up the morning ,having a quick ablution and then tumbling into that pool ,textile free of course then coffee and croissants with a few neighbours.

I should have worked harder when I had the chance. My father told me I 'd never get anywhere.

Decided to go for it on a shoestring.
Graft pays, but the garden is decent.

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:28 - May 14 with 2647 viewsmax936

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 14:21 - May 14 by KeithHaynes

Decided to go for it on a shoestring.
Graft pays, but the garden is decent.

Looks very nice lovely job, I've got a smaller pool here at 5000 gallon's, but its home to Koi carp

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:49 - May 14 with 2589 viewsDJack

Not decided on what to plant but I've moved some soil in preparation...Anyone seen my wife?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 23:02 - May 14 with 2585 viewsmax936

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:49 - May 14 by DJack

Not decided on what to plant but I've moved some soil in preparation...Anyone seen my wife?

Wicked you are DJ

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 10:46 - May 15 with 2514 viewscontroversial_jack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 08:40 - May 14 by onehunglow

How I envy you.

Let's hope he puts his textiles back on before he has the neighbours around for breakfast
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 12:05 - May 15 with 2486 viewsKeithHaynes

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 10:46 - May 15 by controversial_jack

Let's hope he puts his textiles back on before he has the neighbours around for breakfast

Spanish breakfast is more like a British lunch.
Tactile 😉

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 13:04 - May 15 with 2470 viewsAguycalledJack

Need some advice. Not a gardener by any stretch. We’ve just had a raised patio done, in front of that either side of the steps up we’ve got 2 concrete planters/ beds. What can we put in them to add a bit of colour and is not high maintenance?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024