Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Schedule for fixture disruption 10:00 - Jul 4 with 7236 viewsfrancisbowles

So far sky only seem to have announced Football league TV games up to the 10th August.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12002801/live-football-on-sky-spor

Does anyone know the schedule for future announcements?
Schedule for fixture disruption on 09:38 - Jul 9 with 1406 viewslosethedrum

Schedule for fixture disruption on 21:37 - Jul 8 by terryb

I normally make the 10.30 train, so I should be able to be on the 11.00. Mind you it only arrives in Ipswich ten minutes before the 11.30! A bus from Ipswich at 0.40am? I'm not sure they exist!

I will decide near the time whether to arrive home at 0.30am or stay at home & watch on Sky.

Yes according to greater anglia website the 2330 becomes a bus service from Ipswich at
00:55 arriving in Diss at 01:45 so would get indoors at 2am .
I will go to the game but probably miss the end & catch the 22.39 from Stratford home as that is an actual train for the entire journey,.
Schedule for fixture disruption on 09:49 - Jul 9 with 1325 viewsterryb

Schedule for fixture disruption on 09:38 - Jul 9 by losethedrum

Yes according to greater anglia website the 2330 becomes a bus service from Ipswich at
00:55 arriving in Diss at 01:45 so would get indoors at 2am .
I will go to the game but probably miss the end & catch the 22.39 from Stratford home as that is an actual train for the entire journey,.

Cheers losethedrum. As I live in Ipswich I knew that none of the bus companies ran at that time!

Typical that the game is on a day that bus replacement is in operation! This train normally terminates at Norwich.
Schedule for fixture disruption on 09:54 - Jul 9 with 1305 viewseastside_r

Schedule for fixture disruption on 21:37 - Jul 8 by terryb

I normally make the 10.30 train, so I should be able to be on the 11.00. Mind you it only arrives in Ipswich ten minutes before the 11.30! A bus from Ipswich at 0.40am? I'm not sure they exist!

I will decide near the time whether to arrive home at 0.30am or stay at home & watch on Sky.

Just wondering whether Crossrail will improve things for East Anglian R’s.

I presume the current route is White City to LST on the Central. As an alternative would SB / Wood Lane to Paddington then Crossrail to LST be slightly quicker?

Also I know some of the Greater Anglia trains call at Stratford and at some point, you will be able to do Pad to Stratford, all on the Crossrail without changing at LST. (Will be an easier platform change at SRA as well?)
Schedule for fixture disruption on 10:19 - Jul 9 with 1269 viewsstanistheman

Schedule for fixture disruption on 11:16 - Jul 4 by daveB

They announce them when they fancy it, any notion that they follow these deadlines is long gone.

Blame the EFL for letting Sky walk all over them

What would you like the EFL to have done instead?

The top 22 clubs in 1991 including QPR, voted for the EPL and Sky TV deal. Since then football was transformed into the monster we have now.
The EFL clubs need the TV monies to continue running. So yes, unfortunately we have to dance with the devil.
Schedule for fixture disruption on 12:18 - Jul 9 with 1239 viewsterryb

Schedule for fixture disruption on 09:54 - Jul 9 by eastside_r

Just wondering whether Crossrail will improve things for East Anglian R’s.

I presume the current route is White City to LST on the Central. As an alternative would SB / Wood Lane to Paddington then Crossrail to LST be slightly quicker?

Also I know some of the Greater Anglia trains call at Stratford and at some point, you will be able to do Pad to Stratford, all on the Crossrail without changing at LST. (Will be an easier platform change at SRA as well?)

I've not considered it eastside.

My nortmal route to Rangers is Hammersmith & City line for LS to Shepherds Bush (closest to the pub) but return on the Central Line. I will need to look up how quick Crossrail to LS is. Also what the distance is between the platforms at Paddington.

It's a matter of personal preference but I prefer boarding at LS rather than Stratford as a seat is almost guarenteed!
Schedule for fixture disruption on 12:27 - Jul 9 with 1236 viewsdaveB

Schedule for fixture disruption on 12:18 - Jul 9 by terryb

I've not considered it eastside.

My nortmal route to Rangers is Hammersmith & City line for LS to Shepherds Bush (closest to the pub) but return on the Central Line. I will need to look up how quick Crossrail to LS is. Also what the distance is between the platforms at Paddington.

It's a matter of personal preference but I prefer boarding at LS rather than Stratford as a seat is almost guarenteed!

At Paddington the Elizabeth line is at the other end of the station so you come out by Sainsburys and walk across to Hammersmith & City. It's a bit of a pain.

In november they are going to open the whole line so will go to Ealing broadway which may help and you can change for central line there

Not sure on how long it takes but Paddington to Farringdon on the new line is less than 10 minutes, i think liverpool street is the next stop
Schedule for fixture disruption on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 1154 viewsterryb

Schedule for fixture disruption on 12:27 - Jul 9 by daveB

At Paddington the Elizabeth line is at the other end of the station so you come out by Sainsburys and walk across to Hammersmith & City. It's a bit of a pain.

In november they are going to open the whole line so will go to Ealing broadway which may help and you can change for central line there

Not sure on how long it takes but Paddington to Farringdon on the new line is less than 10 minutes, i think liverpool street is the next stop

Cheers Dave
Schedule for fixture disruption on 17:23 - Jul 9 with 1091 viewsstowmarketrange

The trains on the h&c line tend to be less frequent than the central,so it might defeat the object of the quicker journey from Paddington.Stratford is better if you’re close to the wire to catch a train at Liverpool st.
Swings and roundabouts really.
Login to get fewer ads

Schedule for fixture disruption on 17:45 - Jul 9 with 1070 viewseastside_r

Schedule for fixture disruption on 17:23 - Jul 9 by stowmarketrange

The trains on the h&c line tend to be less frequent than the central,so it might defeat the object of the quicker journey from Paddington.Stratford is better if you’re close to the wire to catch a train at Liverpool st.
Swings and roundabouts really.

Suspect you’re right mate, there won’t be much in it.

Change from H&C at PAD Crossrail , slightly longer than Central Line to high number platforms at LST.

Having already checked out the central stretch of Crossrail, I can confirm it is f*cking excellent and a far nicer experience than the Central.

Once it’s fully running through, I will time check WC to LST vs Wood Lane via PAD to SRA, cos I am sad like that.

For comfort, I will be using Crossrail but then I have only got to get to Sunny South Woodford from Stratford!
Schedule for fixture disruption on 11:09 - Jul 12 with 917 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was traveling home from south London last night by train/tube. I wanted to pass through Ealing Broadway which I don’t normally do so went to Oxford Circus to get the central line. There were lots of westbound trains but none were going to Ealing Broadway. All were West Ruislip branch or terminating at White City/North Acton. I ended up getting the Bakerloo Line to Paddington and then the Elizabeth Line from there.

I wonder whether they’ll use the Elizabeth Line as an excuse to cut services to Ealing Broadway on other lines. A bit like how there are now fewer Piccadilly Line trains to Heathrow. Most terminating at Northfields and Hatton Cross.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024