Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Argentina Fans 21:05 - Dec 3 with 2330 viewsSouthamptonfan

The stadium is packed to the rafters with raucous Argentinians and many young guys there. Just a small pocket of Australians. Argentina is miles away from Qatar.

Last I heard, they was an inflation crisis there and they were in f@cking financial catastrophe. Football must be more important than life over there or maybe the media make things up.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 21:14]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Argentina Fans on 08:06 - Dec 4 with 2145 viewssaint22

Football must be more important than life over there or maybe the media make things up.

According to many its a religion there
Argentina Fans on 08:53 - Dec 4 with 2097 viewshuelinsaint

There is an economic crisis in Argentina but there is still a middle class there and very well off people as well, there are about 40 per cent of the population in poverty there compared to 19 per cent in the United Kingdom.
so it is quite reasonable to expect 30 odd thousand of them to go to Qatar
Argentina Fans on 10:08 - Dec 4 with 2043 viewsA1079

It's funny you should raise this because I have been wondering since I heard the cost of staying overnight on even the most basic accommodation which I think was quoted around £180 per night - it may have been more - but I think that got you a tent basically! Not sure how accurate it was and it was media coverage so I realise you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. But I then heard some England fans that were staying in nearby UAE and the amount they were paying.

My inclination was how on earth do people manage to pay for attending a world cup? I would love to go to one but it would cripple me financially when you add all the costs together.

Then I looked at all the fans of other countries and the numbers and many from states that are supposedly in worse financial crisis than us and higher levels of poverty, yet, arguably they have a bigger fan base present than say countries from Northern Europe - accepting there will be an element of ex-pats etc in nearby localities.

So, I wonder if anyone knows but at events like World Cups, Olympics etc are the costs all fixed e.g: irrespective of where you come from you pay the same except obviously the exchange rate differences or do they adjust accommodation costs etc depending on where you come from so e.g: is some say from Northern Europe likely to pay more for the same accommodation than say someone from the continent of Africa or South America?
Argentina Fans on 11:03 - Dec 4 with 2003 viewsBuenosSaint

Argentina Fans on 10:08 - Dec 4 by A1079

It's funny you should raise this because I have been wondering since I heard the cost of staying overnight on even the most basic accommodation which I think was quoted around £180 per night - it may have been more - but I think that got you a tent basically! Not sure how accurate it was and it was media coverage so I realise you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. But I then heard some England fans that were staying in nearby UAE and the amount they were paying.

My inclination was how on earth do people manage to pay for attending a world cup? I would love to go to one but it would cripple me financially when you add all the costs together.

Then I looked at all the fans of other countries and the numbers and many from states that are supposedly in worse financial crisis than us and higher levels of poverty, yet, arguably they have a bigger fan base present than say countries from Northern Europe - accepting there will be an element of ex-pats etc in nearby localities.

So, I wonder if anyone knows but at events like World Cups, Olympics etc are the costs all fixed e.g: irrespective of where you come from you pay the same except obviously the exchange rate differences or do they adjust accommodation costs etc depending on where you come from so e.g: is some say from Northern Europe likely to pay more for the same accommodation than say someone from the continent of Africa or South America?

I've done a few world cups, euro championships, etc and you are right. The cost of tickets is least of worries.

Japan was by far the most expensive. The only way me and Mates made it work was stay in youth hostels (we were younger then ....). Friends or friends of friends. Plus one of our gang worked for Sony so had a lot of contacts/ help
But food accom and in country travel is a killer. But still worth it.
I can't express what a beautiful football fiesta they all are.
Qatar, i boycotted, though could have gone. I wasn't going to give them a penny......

Poll: The Long Future

Argentina Fans on 17:04 - Dec 4 with 1815 viewsPatfromPoole

Argentina always get the most support at any World Cup.

Doha has been full of them all week.

Currently sat on a bus to the middle of nowhere to go and see England v Senegal at Al Bayt.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Argentina Fans on 18:40 - Dec 4 with 1748 viewsSouthamptonfan

Argentina Fans on 17:04 - Dec 4 by PatfromPoole

Argentina always get the most support at any World Cup.

Doha has been full of them all week.

Currently sat on a bus to the middle of nowhere to go and see England v Senegal at Al Bayt.

Hope you enjoy mate. Come on England. What's it like there? Normal bus or a bus carried by camels, ha? All we hear is negative press in the media about a brutal regime. Is your hotel clean, decent and like a modern western hotel? Can you get a pizza, a burger and a pint? Do you see people go to prayer 5 times a day, are women allowed at the games, are women visible and dressed like westerners, is it hostile at all, can you get an alcoholic drink quite easily? Do you think things have been hidden for the WC? What's the heat like, is it dusty and totally different to the UK? If England win, can you enjoy a good few drinks, get merry and have a sing or have you got to be careful? Sorry for all the questions but genuinely interested in the whole experience there, considering the media paint the country as a barbaric regime and in a such a negative light.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 19:22]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Argentina Fans on 22:27 - Dec 4 with 1607 viewsWints76

Argentina Fans on 18:40 - Dec 4 by Southamptonfan

Hope you enjoy mate. Come on England. What's it like there? Normal bus or a bus carried by camels, ha? All we hear is negative press in the media about a brutal regime. Is your hotel clean, decent and like a modern western hotel? Can you get a pizza, a burger and a pint? Do you see people go to prayer 5 times a day, are women allowed at the games, are women visible and dressed like westerners, is it hostile at all, can you get an alcoholic drink quite easily? Do you think things have been hidden for the WC? What's the heat like, is it dusty and totally different to the UK? If England win, can you enjoy a good few drinks, get merry and have a sing or have you got to be careful? Sorry for all the questions but genuinely interested in the whole experience there, considering the media paint the country as a barbaric regime and in a such a negative light.

Without wishing to steal his thunder, but knowing who Pat is out there with, I could picture her at an Islamic AA meeting in prohibition United States at 7am on a Sunday morning, cheerfully enjoying a glass of wine. And it is to her credit. The pics I have seen, they've had a great time
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 23:17]
Argentina Fans on 03:23 - Dec 5 with 1516 viewsPatfromPoole

Argentina Fans on 22:27 - Dec 4 by Wints76

Without wishing to steal his thunder, but knowing who Pat is out there with, I could picture her at an Islamic AA meeting in prohibition United States at 7am on a Sunday morning, cheerfully enjoying a glass of wine. And it is to her credit. The pics I have seen, they've had a great time
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 23:17]

Have had a great time in Doha, back on our way to the airport so we can get some lovely cold weather…..

Login to get fewer ads

Argentina Fans on 03:26 - Dec 5 with 1514 viewsPatfromPoole

Argentina Fans on 18:40 - Dec 4 by Southamptonfan

You can get a drink, but only in hotel bars.

The government impose a 200% alcohol tax.

It is hot, about 30 degrees in the daytime, but it is dark by 5pm, and it cools down to around 25 degrees for the rest of the night. And this is in their winter…..

Argentina Fans on 09:44 - Dec 5 with 1390 viewsgrumpy

I'm not into banging drums,ringing bells.singing ALL the game and dancing .
Watch the game and respond,of course support your team, but some of that noise ALL game just turns me off.
Argentina Fans on 12:23 - Dec 5 with 1302 viewskingslandstand1

Argentina Fans on 09:44 - Dec 5 by grumpy

I'm not into banging drums,ringing bells.singing ALL the game and dancing .
Watch the game and respond,of course support your team, but some of that noise ALL game just turns me off.

You weren't too keen on the Senegalese supporters clearly enjoying themselves last night then and absolutely making the most of progressing to their furthest place in a World Cup tournament?
Argentina Fans on 17:11 - Dec 5 with 1243 viewsgrumpy

Argentina Fans on 12:23 - Dec 5 by kingslandstand1

You weren't too keen on the Senegalese supporters clearly enjoying themselves last night then and absolutely making the most of progressing to their furthest place in a World Cup tournament?

I thought they were great but how many were watching the game?
Argentina Fans on 20:18 - Dec 5 with 1187 viewskingslandstand1

Argentina Fans on 17:11 - Dec 5 by grumpy

I thought they were great but how many were watching the game?

My comment was tongue in cheek Grumps, and I'm sure most (well a lot) have gone there for the party only
Argentina Fans on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 1172 viewsgrumpy

Argentina Fans on 20:18 - Dec 5 by kingslandstand1

My comment was tongue in cheek Grumps, and I'm sure most (well a lot) have gone there for the party only

I could do with a good party.
I went to one once in Millbrook, thought had gone very quiet and went to get my coat from the Bedroom only to find it alive with bodies in a state of undress.Took me ages to find my coat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024