Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we've got a good'un!!! 19:51 - Dec 17 with 12745 viewsShotKneesHoop

Post match interview: - "I want a team that identifies with what the supporters want" Neil Critchley .

I could never think of Beale ever saying that. I reckon we're about to get our Rangers back. So impressed with what Neil Critchley did today. For example:-

1. Putting Adomah on the wing. Second half, he was brilliant.
2. Not piss balling about always playing it out from the back as the first option.
3. Getting Jimmy Dunne to monster the back four.
4. Wining so many turnovers.
5. Making getting a shot off as the first option.
6. Giving Dykes some service to work with at last.
7. Above all, giving some shithousery back to the kings of it, and they don't like it up them.
8. I really like the look and sound of this bloke, he's no Bertie Bollox. I think we've got a good' un.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 19:59]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 04:23 - Dec 20 with 2223 viewsnumptydumpty

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:07 - Dec 19 by BucksRanger

At least Neil doesn't sound like a wannabe gangster out of a Guy Ritchie movie. That's a major leap forward for me.

Yes thankfully Critchley does not have the presence of a poor man's Danny Dyer like the last "gentleman" in charge !!

We have experienced our "Harry and Meghan" saga and let's hope we can now consolidate and be run with much more honesty and integrity and have a solid second half of the season and see where it takes us.

Jimmy has the air of a realist but hopefully this result stops the slide and we can compete well much more consistently again.

Am hoping Critchley can be a calming influence after a period of big time confusion and unrest.

A straight talker is what we need. Fans and players alike, none of us are stupid. We can all pick out b**lsh*ters eventually and hopefully with a very different type of man in charge, all players can feel supported and motivated and knowing that effort, commitment and talent, which we do have and all playing staff feel they can improve individually and as a group.

It seemed Tim and both full backs were much more playing to their undoubted abilities in this game.

Amazingly after such a poor run of form, we are still in a play off position.

Hope we can keep all our loan players this window and hopefully offload Bonne and perhaps Thomas also and bring in a totally out there punt on unknown striker from nowhere.

I personally would loan Armstrong for experience and maybe bring back Kelman but sure Critchley has a few ideas.

Although saying all this, I don't really envisage many changes this January window. Ie no money.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 4:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 04:56 - Dec 20 with 2155 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:59 - Dec 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't get past my disappointment in the players, even two days after they won at Preston.

Yes, they worked hard on Saturday, but that only served to contrast with their downed-tools displays in the games prior to that. Regardless of their feelings for the previous manager, they are grown-up professionals, and they play for our club and for the supporters and it's just not acceptable to choose where and when they put effort in.

It'll be a while before I trust some of them again.

I've said the same, and feel the same. Even Hall came out after Burnley and said they should show some respect for the people they play for, i.e us mugs - sorry, fans. That really embarrassed me as a supporter.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 21:20]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:24 - Dec 20 with 2176 viewsjtuck

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:59 - Dec 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't get past my disappointment in the players, even two days after they won at Preston.

Yes, they worked hard on Saturday, but that only served to contrast with their downed-tools displays in the games prior to that. Regardless of their feelings for the previous manager, they are grown-up professionals, and they play for our club and for the supporters and it's just not acceptable to choose where and when they put effort in.

It'll be a while before I trust some of them again.

We should all act like grown-ups all the time but we don't and we all need leadership. Performing at work for personal pride without loyalty or backing only takes you so far and is very difficult to do. In other words, I am not outraged by our lame showing against Burnley and feel it is perfectly normal. The players and all of us in our professional lives should not choose where and when to put the effort but everyone does. Live and let live.

LAranger

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:45 - Dec 20 with 2113 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:24 - Dec 20 by jtuck

We should all act like grown-ups all the time but we don't and we all need leadership. Performing at work for personal pride without loyalty or backing only takes you so far and is very difficult to do. In other words, I am not outraged by our lame showing against Burnley and feel it is perfectly normal. The players and all of us in our professional lives should not choose where and when to put the effort but everyone does. Live and let live.

Completely disagree! We need more people with more pride and self-responsibility in the world of work and the world generally - and nowhere more so than in the grotesquely over-rewarded world of professional football. QPR players, like all Prem/Champ players, have massive contracts, coaches, dieticians, physios, photographers, agents, and fans who pay handsomely to watch them, and your response to the shameful tool-downing prior to Preston is 'live and let live'! 'Easily pleased' doesn't begin to cover it. After the Burnley game, even after the players were giving it large on social media about being focussed and stepping up as pros blah blah blah, our stand-in manager went on camera to remind them to show respect for the supporters. Tht's not on Beale - that's just a sickening slap in the face!

I get paid less no more than an average salary as a freelance editor, and I never, ever phone it in - whoever's looking/not looking. The day that changes, I should chuck it in.

The first law of anarchism is passionate self-government, which means having standards, pride, and being as unbeholden to externals for guidance as possible. Managers can help light the touchpaper, sure, but it's the players who create the fireworks.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 5:53]

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:51 - Dec 20 with 2159 viewsjtuck

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:45 - Dec 20 by stainrods_elbow

Completely disagree! We need more people with more pride and self-responsibility in the world of work and the world generally - and nowhere more so than in the grotesquely over-rewarded world of professional football. QPR players, like all Prem/Champ players, have massive contracts, coaches, dieticians, physios, photographers, agents, and fans who pay handsomely to watch them, and your response to the shameful tool-downing prior to Preston is 'live and let live'! 'Easily pleased' doesn't begin to cover it. After the Burnley game, even after the players were giving it large on social media about being focussed and stepping up as pros blah blah blah, our stand-in manager went on camera to remind them to show respect for the supporters. Tht's not on Beale - that's just a sickening slap in the face!

I get paid less no more than an average salary as a freelance editor, and I never, ever phone it in - whoever's looking/not looking. The day that changes, I should chuck it in.

The first law of anarchism is passionate self-government, which means having standards, pride, and being as unbeholden to externals for guidance as possible. Managers can help light the touchpaper, sure, but it's the players who create the fireworks.

Agree to disagree! Footballers are human too.

LAranger

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 07:18 - Dec 20 with 2106 viewsnumptydumpty

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:45 - Dec 20 by stainrods_elbow

Crikey first laugh of the day Stainrod - YOU ARE A FREELANCE EDITOR !!!!

Maybe the odd careful edit of the vitriol you spout at all and sundry needs looking at occasionally
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 7:19]

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 08:32 - Dec 20 with 2035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:24 - Dec 20 by jtuck

Fair comments, jtuck.

I can't agree on this one, though. I still feel the same. It wasn't just the Burnley game, it was a run of games, and it wasn't anywhere close to acceptable imho.

Where I think you're being very fair is that there may well have been good, personal reasons for one or two players. But there was way more than one or two dropped what should be their non-negotiable professional standards.

Let's hope it's behind us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:43 - Dec 20 with 2001 viewsNorthernr

Semi related point, always made me smile when Big Racist John, Lampard et al were giving it out about how much they loved Chelsea, how they bled blue, how they'd call them "the Chels", Chelsea to their core etc etc and then whenever a new manager tried to change something and they didn't like it they were more than happy to down tools for a couple of months and have 'The Chels' lose game after game to get the guy the sack.
Login to get fewer ads

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 12:17 - Dec 20 with 1853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:43 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Semi related point, always made me smile when Big Racist John, Lampard et al were giving it out about how much they loved Chelsea, how they bled blue, how they'd call them "the Chels", Chelsea to their core etc etc and then whenever a new manager tried to change something and they didn't like it they were more than happy to down tools for a couple of months and have 'The Chels' lose game after game to get the guy the sack.

Hate to say it, but that has been playing on my mind too.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 12:37 - Dec 20 with 1788 viewsnix

That was worse though wasn't it, as they (and their subsequent reincarnations) had a committed permanent manager in charge. At least our lot had someone who was obviously flirting with anyone with a bigger budget, which is some excuse to be distracted, cos if your own manager doesn't care, why should you. Although I take Brian's point too about professionalism.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:41 - Dec 20 with 1720 viewsR_from_afar

Terry, the man who loved Chelski so much he instructed his agent to get him the most lucrative contract of any member of the squad...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:23 - Dec 20 with 1499 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 07:18 - Dec 20 by numptydumpty

Crikey first laugh of the day Stainrod - YOU ARE A FREELANCE EDITOR !!!!

Maybe the odd careful edit of the vitriol you spout at all and sundry needs looking at occasionally
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 7:19]

Nothing personally 'vitriolic' in my post - try reading without prejudice! - nor in most of my posts, actually, so have a little lie-down, eh?. However, I'd be editing your sanctimonious/ patronising garbage for sure!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 04:20 - Dec 21 with 1422 viewsLadbrokeR

I think it’s a bit early to say
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 08:58 - Dec 21 with 1291 viewseastside_r

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 04:20 - Dec 21 by LadbrokeR

Yeah. Loving the positivity on this thread but it’s been one game. (FFS etc.)

I mean didn’t Ian Dowie start with an excellent away win (Wolves?) after a long losing streak and that’s before I mention Blackpool [cough.]
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:01 - Dec 21 with 1269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, ya, it was only 04:20 when you posted!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:42 - Dec 21 with 1201 viewsWokingR

What more do you want ?
The bloke has a 100% win record and has never even looked in danger of losing match for us.
We should be building a statue now and renaming The Loft Critchley's Corner.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 10:02 - Dec 21 with 1150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 09:42 - Dec 21 by WokingR

What more do you want ?
The bloke has a 100% win record and has never even looked in danger of losing match for us.
We should be building a statue now and renaming The Loft Critchley's Corner.

Critchley's Corner sounds like a Viz Advice Letters Section.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:05 - Dec 21 with 903 viewsnumptydumpty

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:23 - Dec 20 by stainrods_elbow

Nothing personally 'vitriolic' in my post - try reading without prejudice! - nor in most of my posts, actually, so have a little lie-down, eh?. However, I'd be editing your sanctimonious/ patronising garbage for sure!

It's evident in great deal of your posts you flare up at people.

I am mainly calm my friend - no need for lying down - and I do absolutely read all posters with a clear and open mind and I can say sadly you do have a way of flaring up which ultimately is a shame for yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024