Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Airport 18:45 - Apr 21 with 12874 viewsTogg

Sat here now waiting for the 7.45pm flight to Malaga. It's like ' Little Wales'. Accents, bucket hats, stag, hen parties. I would say 80% Welsh.
Flights to Faro, Corfu, Alicante, Malaga. It's packed.
The money for the subsidised airport in Rhoose is losing out on must be incredible.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:46]
Brizzle Airport on 16:45 - Oct 20 with 1320 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 16:39 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah I was going to post this.

Kilkenny, how do you use Cardiff if it doesn't have flights to where you want to go?

At certain times of day the route into Rhoose is chockablock. We hve flown from there twice in the last 5 years but ony early morning flights when the roads are quiet and the airport empty, other than those times I'll be going elsewhere, mostly because elsehwere they have the flghts I want.

Talking about investment, cardiff airport has had over 250 million from Welsh tax payers. That particular black hole is still having money thrown into it but with Ryanair cutting back surely the Senedd has to look at it again, though pragmatic eyes.

Here,a smaller airport,Liverpool is taking many customers from Manchester who treat customers like crap

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brizzle Airport on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 1288 viewslifelong

Brizzle Airport on 16:45 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

Here,a smaller airport,Liverpool is taking many customers from Manchester who treat customers like crap

Flew from Liverpool airport to Majorca 12 years ago, parked my car in the car park there, had a pleasant surprise when we returned the car was in one piece.(Only joking old bean)
Brizzle Airport on 18:04 - Oct 20 with 1275 viewsFlashberryjack

Brizzle Airport on 22:12 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Where do all the Bristol based passengers travel from then ?

Have they found a better option than Bristol Airport then ?

I'd fly from Cardiff every time even if it cost a little more, sadly, can't get to destination of choice from there.

So have to fly from Bristol which is a shithole.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brizzle Airport on 19:16 - Oct 20 with 1239 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 18:04 - Oct 20 by Flashberryjack

I'd fly from Cardiff every time even if it cost a little more, sadly, can't get to destination of choice from there.

So have to fly from Bristol which is a shithole.

I think we all would but as you say can't get the flights
. So in other words the product Cardiff is selling is not desirable.
Flew to Malaga many times from Rhoose in the early noughtiess. Honestly Brizzle is like a Welsh enclave for tourist flights. Personally I think Rhoose has lost the battle and we will continually be subsiding it.
Brizzle Airport on 19:24 - Oct 20 with 1229 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 17:53 - Oct 20 by lifelong

Flew from Liverpool airport to Majorca 12 years ago, parked my car in the car park there, had a pleasant surprise when we returned the car was in one piece.(Only joking old bean)

With son in law a serving officer ,we can leave ours at the Police HQ in Speke and then we walk the rest . We’ve never had any trouble at all.

Brizzle Airport on 20:59 - Oct 20 with 1198 viewsraynor94

Ryanair have announced they are cutting 50% of Winter flights from Cardiff, and increasing flights from Bristol.

How much longer are the assembly willing to subsidize it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brizzle Airport on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 1181 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 20:59 - Oct 20 by raynor94

Ryanair have announced they are cutting 50% of Winter flights from Cardiff, and increasing flights from Bristol.

Continuously is the answer.
Brizzle Airport on 12:02 - Oct 21 with 1096 viewscontroversial_jack

Bristol, is the better more successful airport. Just as Man City is more successful than the Swans. It happens, it's that simple
Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Airport on 19:33 - Oct 21 with 1038 viewsWhiterockin

This is exactly the point. It is our money, yours and mine, could it be spent on something more important and necessary. How important is Cardiff Airport for the whole of Wales and is it worth spending so much of our money to keep it open. How many of the Welsh population actually use it, I would imagine from North Wales you would go to Manchester or Liverpool. Mid Wales to Birmingham and South Wales is split between Cardiff and Bristol. All excluding the London airports obviously. So what is the value to the Welsh public.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Brizzle Airport on 20:26 - Oct 21 with 1009 viewslifelong

Brizzle Airport on 19:33 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

This is exactly the point. It is our money, yours and mine, could it be spent on something more important and necessary. How important is Cardiff Airport for the whole of Wales and is it worth spending so much of our money to keep it open. How many of the Welsh population actually use it, I would imagine from North Wales you would go to Manchester or Liverpool. Mid Wales to Birmingham and South Wales is split between Cardiff and Bristol. All excluding the London airports obviously. So what is the value to the Welsh public.

I’m using it next Friday.👍
Brizzle Airport on 20:27 - Oct 21 with 1003 viewsWhiterockin

Brizzle Airport on 20:26 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Enjoy your holiday mate.

Brizzle Airport on 21:57 - Oct 21 with 976 viewsBoundy

Brizzle Airport on 20:27 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

Enjoy your holiday mate.

I used it last week , flew to alicante for weeks break with the wife, as much as I dislike what Drakeford & co are doing to Wales it is sad that we cannot support an asset which should be fully utilised

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brizzle Airport on 22:06 - Oct 21 with 962 viewsmajorraglan

It would be interesting to see how the costs in Cardiff stacked up against the costs in Bristol. Ryan Air will fly from anywhere if the figures are right and they can turn a back, so I’d love to see a detailed breakdown of costs between the 2 airports.
Brizzle Airport on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 942 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 22:06 - Oct 21 by majorraglan

It would be interesting to see how the costs in Cardiff stacked up against the costs in Bristol. Ryan Air will fly from anywhere if the figures are right and they can turn a back, so I’d love to see a detailed breakdown of costs between the 2 airports.

I believe the costs to airlines at Cardiff used to be a lot greater. Whether that's changed ....I don't know. Basically it comes down to the product. Which is popular destinations at competitive prices and there no competition. Bristol is so much more attractive. Although if you have a diesel guzzler like my A6 (wonderful but old car) you need to stay away from the clean air zones. Which we did by venturing further down the M5 then crossing to through some very pretty villages. The locals must be delighted with the extra traffic not!
Brizzle Airport on 00:13 - Oct 22 with 898 viewsRobbie

Last time I used Cardiff Airport was a weekend away jolly to Prague , Bmi then the carrier .
No complaints with their service , all on schedule .

Now a drive to Bristol Airport , no big deal in a shared minibus/car expense wise problem .
Easyjet can now take you to any destination , with some pre planning , anywhere .

The Welsh Capital City does not now have a go to destination call for visitors and tourists .

Would love to throw mud at Drakeford again at this issue , maybe out of his remit .

1966 , Dan Air , known as Dan Dare planes at the time , Fairwood to Jersey somehow .
Very old Dakotas my late father descibed the aircraft , got there in one piece though .
Brizzle Airport on 10:08 - Oct 22 with 825 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brizzle Airport on 20:26 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Well enjoy your holiday but considr this, every paasnger that flies from cardiff costs the Welsh tax payer money because the airport loses money on every flight.

Nobody has to like that but it's true and in a time when our vital services and infrastructure are so badly off why are the Welsh people subsidising an airport when the moey should be going on healthcare, schools and infrastructure.

Spend the money where it's needed, not on vanity projects.
Brizzle Airport on 10:57 - Oct 22 with 805 viewsPawelAbbott

No Assembly Minister is going to want to be the one that pulls the plug on Cardiff Airport. They will keep subsidising it until it becomes totally unsustainable.
Cardiff's catchment area is very small and overlaps Bristols.
The only way to get it back on its feet is with some new ideas to drive usage. The last time I used Bristol it was packed and a terrible experience. Make Cardiff a more relaxed place to use. Spread the flights out as much as feasible so it's never too crowded. Offer free parking. Better drop off zones and transport into Cardiff centre for connections, like a regular cheap Shuttle bus. Bristol is a nightmare to get to and their ULEZ makes it even harder.
Brizzle Airport on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 781 viewsWhiterockin

Another nail in the Cardiff Airport coffin.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-10-20/ryanair-reduces-winter-flights-from-ca

Brizzle Airport on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 781 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brizzle Airport on 10:57 - Oct 22 by PawelAbbott

No Assembly Minister is going to want to be the one that pulls the plug on Cardiff Airport. They will keep subsidising it until it becomes totally unsustainable.
Cardiff's catchment area is very small and overlaps Bristols.
The only way to get it back on its feet is with some new ideas to drive usage. The last time I used Bristol it was packed and a terrible experience. Make Cardiff a more relaxed place to use. Spread the flights out as much as feasible so it's never too crowded. Offer free parking. Better drop off zones and transport into Cardiff centre for connections, like a regular cheap Shuttle bus. Bristol is a nightmare to get to and their ULEZ makes it even harder.

Thing is, all those suggestions will cost money to implement, and a LOT of money too.

Cardiff is already very relaxed because it's always empty, the flights ARE spread out because there's so few of them. Free parking and a cheap shuttle would need a massive susbsidy. A shuttle from the city centre means more infrastructure, trains running (on time!) or somewhere safe and cheap to park in the town.

Sorry but what you suggest would cost even more money and there's no guarantee it would work.
Last year Bristol had NINE times the number of passengers that Cardiff had and many from Wales used it. The place is busy because it prvides what is needed, without the extra flights to where people want to go then CWL will continue to decline.
Brizzle Airport on 11:44 - Oct 22 with 771 viewsPawelAbbott

Brizzle Airport on 11:25 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

Thing is, all those suggestions will cost money to implement, and a LOT of money too.

Cardiff is already very relaxed because it's always empty, the flights ARE spread out because there's so few of them. Free parking and a cheap shuttle would need a massive susbsidy. A shuttle from the city centre means more infrastructure, trains running (on time!) or somewhere safe and cheap to park in the town.

Sorry but what you suggest would cost even more money and there's no guarantee it would work.
Last year Bristol had NINE times the number of passengers that Cardiff had and many from Wales used it. The place is busy because it prvides what is needed, without the extra flights to where people want to go then CWL will continue to decline.

But if they don't try something then it's going to be a steady decline to closing.
More and more airlines are pulling out, that leads to less usage then more pull outs. Less people using it then more subsidies.
The 2003 season Swans gates were terrible and the team facing relegation and no money. They cut the ticket price to £5 and attendances shot up. Cutting the price of things doesn't always lead to less income.
Brizzle Airport on 11:52 - Oct 22 with 766 viewsSullutaCreturned

Brizzle Airport on 11:44 - Oct 22 by PawelAbbott

But if they don't try something then it's going to be a steady decline to closing.
More and more airlines are pulling out, that leads to less usage then more pull outs. Less people using it then more subsidies.
The 2003 season Swans gates were terrible and the team facing relegation and no money. They cut the ticket price to £5 and attendances shot up. Cutting the price of things doesn't always lead to less income.

Sorry but comparing the airport to the football club is apples with oranges.

The Swans fanbase has a built in loyalty and if you want to watch football and the price is right people will go.
An airport is entirely different, to start with there aren't the flights to places people want to go, not the choice they have from Bristol and airlines won't pay the extra fees to use cardiff when people already travel to Bristol.

Why should Welsh tax payers subsidise this airport when vital sevices need the money now, how can we spend maybe hundreds more millions on this when the NHS is collapsing. In the vast scheme of things, the airport should be expendable.
Brizzle Airport on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 742 viewsWhiterockin

Brizzle Airport on 11:52 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

Sorry but comparing the airport to the football club is apples with oranges.

The Swans fanbase has a built in loyalty and if you want to watch football and the price is right people will go.
An airport is entirely different, to start with there aren't the flights to places people want to go, not the choice they have from Bristol and airlines won't pay the extra fees to use cardiff when people already travel to Bristol.

Why should Welsh tax payers subsidise this airport when vital sevices need the money now, how can we spend maybe hundreds more millions on this when the NHS is collapsing. In the vast scheme of things, the airport should be expendable.

I wonder if there will be cuts in the airport subsidy in the proposed budget cuts. I doubt it as it's owned by the Welsh Government, the choice is subsidise whatever the cost or shut it down, as has happened with other loss making airports in the UK.

Brizzle Airport on 18:17 - Oct 22 with 682 viewslifelong

Brizzle Airport on 10:08 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

Well enjoy your holiday but considr this, every paasnger that flies from cardiff costs the Welsh tax payer money because the airport loses money on every flight.

Nobody has to like that but it's true and in a time when our vital services and infrastructure are so badly off why are the Welsh people subsidising an airport when the moey should be going on healthcare, schools and infrastructure.

Spend the money where it's needed, not on vanity projects.

Oh! Ok then I’ll rush out tomorrow and cancel my holiday.

You’re coming across as being a right prophet of doom, from thousands of people dying from excess pollution because of the 20mph speed limit to people using Cardiff Airport are now affecting the level of healthcare and education in Wales.

Go and have a lie down ffs.
Brizzle Airport on 18:28 - Oct 22 with 676 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 18:17 - Oct 22 by lifelong

Oh! Ok then I’ll rush out tomorrow and cancel my holiday.

You’re coming across as being a right prophet of doom, from thousands of people dying from excess pollution because of the 20mph speed limit to people using Cardiff Airport are now affecting the level of healthcare and education in Wales.

Go and have a lie down ffs.

Where ya off to?

Brizzle Airport on 21:01 - Oct 22 with 632 viewsmax936

Brizzle Airport on 21:40 - Apr 21 by builthjack

Tui have just added another 40,000 summer flights from Cardiff, to add to their existing 160,000 .
Every little helps.

I flew from Cardiff this summer, effortless, none of the hustle and bustle like you get at Bristol, be Cardiff for me next year as well, if we do go abroad.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024