Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 128772 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:17 - May 3 with 1157 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:28 - May 3 by lifelong

Go tell that to the families of those 80 children, who’s lives have been devastated for the remainder of their lives.

I bet if you looked at the circumstances of those very tragic death, many may still have happened even if the 20mph law was imposed. Most accidents and deaths are caused by idiots who have no regard for the laws if the road or other people’s lives.

The question then becomes, what measures do we introduce to ensure there are no deaths in the road because we en ine death is one too many? Well, there’s only one way to do that.

There are risks in all walks of life, you can’t eliminate them all.

I feel we are going around a roundabout with no exits here, at 20mph of course.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 10:34 - May 3 with 1132 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 10:17 - May 3 by union_jack

I bet if you looked at the circumstances of those very tragic death, many may still have happened even if the 20mph law was imposed. Most accidents and deaths are caused by idiots who have no regard for the laws if the road or other people’s lives.

The question then becomes, what measures do we introduce to ensure there are no deaths in the road because we en ine death is one too many? Well, there’s only one way to do that.

There are risks in all walks of life, you can’t eliminate them all.

I feel we are going around a roundabout with no exits here, at 20mph of course.

I agree.

I just feel that those figures could be reduced significantly though.I realise I harp on about survey’s in other parts of the country but the one carried out in Hull sticks in my mind ,when the 20mph limit was introduced there it reduced the number of injuries in road accidents by something like 20%.
It was estimated that had the 20mph limit been introduced in the remainder of the county, over a 5 year period, it would have prevented 144 children being injured on the roads.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:58 - May 3 with 1085 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:34 - May 3 by lifelong

I agree.

I just feel that those figures could be reduced significantly though.I realise I harp on about survey’s in other parts of the country but the one carried out in Hull sticks in my mind ,when the 20mph limit was introduced there it reduced the number of injuries in road accidents by something like 20%.
It was estimated that had the 20mph limit been introduced in the remainder of the county, over a 5 year period, it would have prevented 144 children being injured on the roads.

That's good enough reason for the limit as far as i'm concerned
The 20MPH punishments on 15:21 - May 3 with 1008 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:58 - May 3 by controversial_jack

That's good enough reason for the limit as far as i'm concerned

When have you ever been concerned about the deaths of children.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - May 3 with 981 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:21 - May 3 by Boundy

When have you ever been concerned about the deaths of children.

I'm against the slaughter of children in Gaza, not sure I have heard you say the same
The 20MPH punishments on 08:12 - May 4 with 897 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - May 3 by controversial_jack

I'm against the slaughter of children in Gaza, not sure I have heard you say the same

I'm not the one that condones an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation but you do ,so dry your eyes petal.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:14 - May 4 with 870 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:12 - May 4 by Boundy

I'm not the one that condones an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation but you do ,so dry your eyes petal.

So you don't condemn what's happening in Gaza Thanks for clearing that up
The 20MPH punishments on 11:43 - May 4 with 843 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 09:14 - May 4 by controversial_jack

God will judge me , not you .

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 16:39 - May 4 with 802 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 09:14 - May 4 by controversial_jack

Where did he say that?

As for the estimate, there is no proof. Estimates are unreliable and usually less accurate than a Liam Cullen penalty.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:39 - May 4 with 772 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - May 3 by controversial_jack

Palestine and Arab countries naturally supported by mother Russia.
[Post edited 4 May 17:42]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 21:47 - May 4 with 711 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:43 - May 4 by Boundy

God will judge me , not you .

I have judged you, good luck with god
The 20MPH punishments on 22:07 - May 4 with 696 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 21:47 - May 4 by controversial_jack

I have judged you, good luck with god

The 20MPH punishments on 08:20 - May 5 with 644 viewsBoundy

An interesting statistic, maybe we should all stay indoors. Considering that bike sales have fallen off the cliff I'm guessing those are experienced cyclists involved and maybe should take a retest , oops sorry they don't have to in the first place.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/cyclist-collisions-with-pedestrians-up-more-

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - May 5 with 630 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 08:20 - May 5 by Boundy

An interesting statistic, maybe we should all stay indoors. Considering that bike sales have fallen off the cliff I'm guessing those are experienced cyclists involved and maybe should take a retest , oops sorry they don't have to in the first place.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/cyclist-collisions-with-pedestrians-up-more-

Possible they should have to stick to the speed limit.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:07 - May 5 with 579 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - May 5 by Whiterockin

71 pages now.
It shows driving and drivers are central to everyday life
Use public transport they say

The 20MPH punishments on 10:22 - May 5 with 558 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:39 - May 4 by onehunglow

Palestine and Arab countries naturally supported by mother Russia.
[Post edited 4 May 17:42]

Not true, but if so, so what?
The 20MPH punishments on 10:39 - May 5 with 541 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 10:22 - May 5 by controversial_jack

Not true, but if so, so what?

So what!
Because they drive conflict world wide for their own ends
Historically aligned to Arab terrorists
Same in Africa
That's what

The 20MPH punishments on 10:55 - May 5 with 530 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - May 5 by Whiterockin

The death of an 81 year old women knocked down by an individual riding within a peloton, travelling at 29mph in Regents park was deemed accidental as cyclist are not bound by the speed limits ( his defence).I'd have rammed his lycra where the sun doesn't shine then strangled him with it .

The 20MPH punishments on 14:24 - May 5 with 476 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 08:20 - May 5 by Boundy

So cyclists are getting to be more dangerous than cars eh? Cyclists, motorised or not, are killing and injuring people while doing in excess of speed limits on pavements and in parks.

Yet it's car drivers who eep getting punished.

Seems a tad blinkered to me.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:34 - May 5 with 469 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 14:24 - May 5 by SullutaCreturned

So cyclists are getting to be more dangerous than cars eh? Cyclists, motorised or not, are killing and injuring people while doing in excess of speed limits on pavements and in parks.

Cyclists are all innocent lambs as pure as the driven snow who wouldn't dream of bombing past people on pavements, exceeding speed limits or ignoring red lights, whilst all pedestrians are fully aware of their surroundings at all times and couldn't possibly countenance of wandering around in dark clothing on Winter nights or of setting foot in the road without following advice simple enough to be taught to five year olds.

Cars and car drivers are always to blame. Always. Even despite extensively researched and published official figures that clearly demponstrate otherwise, it's still the drivers.
[Post edited 5 May 14:35]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:42 - May 5 with 455 viewsBoundy

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/cyclist-avoids-conviction-fatal-crash-dog

The 20MPH punishments on 14:45 - May 5 with 452 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 14:34 - May 5 by Dr_Winston

Cyclists are all innocent lambs as pure as the driven snow who wouldn't dream of bombing past people on pavements, exceeding speed limits or ignoring red lights, whilst all pedestrians are fully aware of their surroundings at all times and couldn't possibly countenance of wandering around in dark clothing on Winter nights or of setting foot in the road without following advice simple enough to be taught to five year olds.

Cars and car drivers are always to blame. Always. Even despite extensively researched and published official figures that clearly demponstrate otherwise, it's still the drivers.
[Post edited 5 May 14:35]

No,cyclists are not all angels anymore than they are the demons you portray .
If yiu have dialogue with any serving Traffic Police officer, then you will discover that it is assumed the motorist is “ at fault”
Why” ,because in most cases,drivers do not either have hazard awareness or their perception is flawed .
I my driving improved even after my first twenty years of driving after I got into ( motor) bikes again,after many years absence . Being on two wheels,you are hundreds of times more vulnerable and your chances of being killed or maimed are off the scale compared with car driving .Fact. I’ve been smashed up myself by drivers who “ didn’t see you ,sorry mate” and had too many chums and their sons killed by car drivers who simply shouldn’t be driving a pedal car . It’s normally those on two wheels who get the copper at the door knocking with a profession sad look on his/ her face with news that will change a family immediately . Delievering messages like that never leave you . I never went to deliver a message for death caused by a cyclist. Ever. The fact they are on the road is why they “ cause” accidents .
Your utter contempt and hatred for those on two wheels is nauseating and not a good read . It is profound and affects your thinking and commenting on this topic.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:47 - May 5 with 447 viewsonehunglow

After 71 pages,we are now on to the vilification of all those on two wheels.
I’m off on mine ,I think now. It’s motivated me .
I shall be avoiding roads whenever possible as too m@y dyckwads around.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:49 - May 5 with 445 viewslifelong

Well, some on here reckon UK roads are extremely safe because only 400 pedestrians are killed on them each year, with thousands being seriously injured. Also in the region of a 100 cyclists are killed each year..nothing blinkered about those stats.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:58 - May 5 with 440 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 14:49 - May 5 by lifelong

Well, some on here reckon UK roads are extremely safe because only 400 pedestrians are killed on them each year, with thousands being seriously injured. Also in the region of a 100 cyclists are killed each year..nothing blinkered about those stats.

Rog
I read it’s the cyclist fault
I read the stats say so.

Our roads are neither safe nor unsafe . They are safe when they are unused . It’s why clowns in motorised cages get in them that fouls things up.

If one is on a bike ,in Lycra,it seems to antagonise. Lycra is worn for a reason.
Biggest Tw@ts in two wheels are those with hands down tracking or reading their phones as they ride handlebar free ,helmet free .

I never ever go out on my bike inappropriately dressed .

Nobody should drive a car unless they are prepared to concentrate and analyse the actions of other road users and that means not treating others with hatred . The roads are for all.
Just how many drive using their mobiles or fretting about what they are having for tea or he two with their wife they just had or the person in work that has irked them . Then ,we have those pyssed,with hangovers ,having spiffed last night but thinking they’re ok to drive 8 hours later and then those with BIG premium cars who believe they have more right to be on the road than “ you”

Etc etc
[Post edited 5 May 16:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024