Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well well well , I never 12:10 - Aug 6 with 3086 viewshowenjack

said no one ever........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12377857/Britains-wonkiest-pub-destroye
Well well well , I never on 00:07 - Aug 7 with 2491 viewsFireboy2

🤫 I cannot say a word.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 0:08]
Well well well , I never on 11:51 - Aug 7 with 2399 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well well well , I never on 00:07 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

🤫 I cannot say a word.

If you'd been in there beforehand it was probably very dry eh
Well well well , I never on 12:15 - Aug 7 with 2386 viewshowenjack

Well well well , I never on 00:07 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

🤫 I cannot say a word.

But I know what you're thinking.
Grade 2 listed burnt to the ground as soon as it changes hands . Been there for a couple of centuries or more another lost piece of British history. It was a very quirky pub with huge character . I remember seeing a marble rolling uphill along the mantlepiece in there .
Criminal what's happened.
Well well well , I never on 14:12 - Aug 7 with 2313 viewsFireboy2

Well well well , I never on 12:15 - Aug 7 by howenjack

But I know what you're thinking.
Grade 2 listed burnt to the ground as soon as it changes hands . Been there for a couple of centuries or more another lost piece of British history. It was a very quirky pub with huge character . I remember seeing a marble rolling uphill along the mantlepiece in there .
Criminal what's happened.

It's disgusting HJ.

As I've said I cannot comment on it, as you will probably know I've experience of this sort of thing.
Well well well , I never on 16:39 - Aug 7 with 2221 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well well well , I never on 14:12 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

It's disgusting HJ.

As I've said I cannot comment on it, as you will probably know I've experience of this sort of thing.

I think many of us will have seen this kind of thing. Protected buildings that have mysterious "accidents"

Personally I don't mind that old buildings get demolished, we can keep a few for psoterity but with the size of populations these days we need the space for newer buildings and houses.

Back in the 70's nobody thought the Weaver building would come down!
Well well well , I never on 20:22 - Aug 7 with 2146 viewsFireboy2

Well well well , I never on 16:39 - Aug 7 by SullutaCreturned

I think many of us will have seen this kind of thing. Protected buildings that have mysterious "accidents"

Personally I don't mind that old buildings get demolished, we can keep a few for psoterity but with the size of populations these days we need the space for newer buildings and houses.

Back in the 70's nobody thought the Weaver building would come down!

What I am bothered about is the danger we are put in when instances like this happen.

I'd love to get my hands on these people and throw them into the fire they allegedly started.
Well well well , I never on 09:48 - Aug 8 with 2042 viewsunion_jack

Well well well , I never on 20:22 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

What I am bothered about is the danger we are put in when instances like this happen.

I'd love to get my hands on these people and throw them into the fire they allegedly started.

The new owners purports to be devastated by the fire as they were going to use it as a wedding venue. Make of that as you will. They’re not going to say it was nothing to do with them but it’s very convenient for us I don’t suppose.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Well well well , I never on 13:12 - Aug 8 with 1999 viewsFireboy2

Well well well , I never on 09:48 - Aug 8 by union_jack

The new owners purports to be devastated by the fire as they were going to use it as a wedding venue. Make of that as you will. They’re not going to say it was nothing to do with them but it’s very convenient for us I don’t suppose.

Aye, these people are very clever.
Login to get fewer ads

Well well well , I never on 13:19 - Aug 8 with 1983 viewsGwyn737

I’m no expert but isn’t that pretty much the opposite of your job FB 🤣
Well well well , I never on 13:28 - Aug 8 with 1985 viewshowenjack

For those who are interested this is what it looked like in its glory .

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/gallery/pictures-crooked-hou
Well well well , I never on 15:07 - Aug 8 with 1964 viewsFireboy2

Well well well , I never on 13:19 - Aug 8 by Gwyn737

I’m no expert but isn’t that pretty much the opposite of your job FB 🤣

Yes, very true S.

But certain people deserved to be throttled.
Well well well , I never on 15:57 - Aug 8 with 1943 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well yes, anybody who deliberately starts a fire deserves a right roasting, what we don't get these days though is real justice. Criminals do bad things and get sentenced to X amount but they are automatically released halfway through now and serve half on license.

I saw a grass fiire where we used to live, it wasn't big but it took 3 fire crews to control it and it was still a danger to life. Local kids used to regularly start fires for fun.....for FUN!

This fire in the OP was most likely started for greed, get rid of the building and put up nice new houses or flats for rent. Just as bad when it puts lives at risk..
Well well well , I never on 17:49 - Aug 8 with 1909 viewsWhiterockin

Well well well , I never on 15:57 - Aug 8 by SullutaCreturned

Well yes, anybody who deliberately starts a fire deserves a right roasting, what we don't get these days though is real justice. Criminals do bad things and get sentenced to X amount but they are automatically released halfway through now and serve half on license.

I saw a grass fiire where we used to live, it wasn't big but it took 3 fire crews to control it and it was still a danger to life. Local kids used to regularly start fires for fun.....for FUN!

This fire in the OP was most likely started for greed, get rid of the building and put up nice new houses or flats for rent. Just as bad when it puts lives at risk..

Put a covenant in any planning application that the previous building must be put back as it was.
Well well well , I never on 19:41 - Aug 8 with 1867 viewshowenjack

Plot thickens..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12384729/Moment-Britains-wonkiest-pub-t
Well well well , I never on 20:09 - Aug 8 with 1842 viewsunion_jack

Well well well , I never on 19:41 - Aug 8 by howenjack

Plot thickens..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12384729/Moment-Britains-wonkiest-pub-t

If the council allows the developers to do what they like after that, then they deserve locking up.

Make them rebuild it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Well well well , I never on 20:32 - Aug 8 with 1819 viewsWhiterockin

Well well well , I never on 20:09 - Aug 8 by union_jack

If the council allows the developers to do what they like after that, then they deserve locking up.

Make them rebuild it.

They probably couldn't make them rebuild it. But a covenant could be inserted that for any planning to be granted on the site the original building has to be rebuild and included. It's up to the owners then if they decide to seek planning or leave the land empty. Either way they would lose a lot of money.
Well well well , I never on 21:57 - Aug 8 with 1774 viewsmajorraglan

Well well well , I never on 20:09 - Aug 8 by union_jack

Make them rebuild it.

Totally agree.

Our building control and planning laws need a major review and some aspects require major overhaul, this was a listed building.
Well well well , I never on 21:57 - Aug 8 with 1767 viewsDr_Winston

Similar to the building at Mumbles Pier, the one subject to a planning application conveniently burning down just after the August Bank Holiday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well well well , I never on 10:00 - Aug 9 with 1673 viewstheloneranger

Well well well , I never on 21:57 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Similar to the building at Mumbles Pier, the one subject to a planning application conveniently burning down just after the August Bank Holiday.

Add - The Mermaid, The Tower and many more!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Well well well , I never on 13:39 - Aug 9 with 1628 viewsFireboy2

Cops to question couple who bought UK's wonkiest pub just before it burned down - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couple-who-bought-uks-wonkiest-30661204?ut
Well well well , I never on 14:16 - Aug 9 with 1611 viewsWhiterockin

Well well well , I never on 13:39 - Aug 9 by Fireboy2

Cops to question couple who bought UK's wonkiest pub just before it burned down - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couple-who-bought-uks-wonkiest-30661204?ut

Is it true that there was an illegal rave taking place inside shortly before it burnt down.
Well well well , I never on 18:21 - Aug 9 with 1556 viewstheloneranger

Police are now treating it as Arson.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Well well well , I never on 19:41 - Aug 9 with 1524 viewsFireboy2

Well well well , I never on 18:21 - Aug 9 by theloneranger

Police are now treating it as Arson.

Good and I hope they get them for it.

These sort of people deserve to be locked up for endangering firefighters.
Well well well , I never on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 1519 viewsonehunglow

Well well well , I never on 19:41 - Aug 9 by Fireboy2

Good and I hope they get them for it.

These sort of people deserve to be locked up for endangering firefighters.

Could not agree more
Penalties for arson are too lenient
Fires kill

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Well well well , I never on 01:05 - Aug 10 with 1433 viewsRobbie

Memories from my younger days , Castle Cinema and the Albert Hall cinemas , sadly now eyesores and needing investment and upgrading , who will take that challenge on today .

They are still standing as icons for an oldie but student accomodation must be on the agenda Castle site in the future , a gold mine for speculators to take a punt on rental .

Seen The Exorcist at the Albert Hall way back in the day , drive past the venue , whilst stuck in our Capital City of traffic lights .

Looks like this old fashioned , traditional pub is worth more in its land and resale asset than a community hub .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024