Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview 23:54 - Sep 1 with 3516 viewsNorthernr

Long read on QPR's toughest of transfer windows, masquerading as tomorrow's preview...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60791
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 00:24 - Sep 2 with 3379 viewsPunteR

I cant help thinking that this is Les Ferdinands fault.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:05 - Sep 2 with 2569 viewsEsox_Lucius

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 00:24 - Sep 2 by PunteR

For not being here to oversee matters?

The grass is always greener.

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:08 - Sep 2 with 2561 viewsFDC

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 00:24 - Sep 2 by PunteR

Don't blame yourself, it's a medical condition
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:21 - Sep 2 with 2509 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grim reading when you put it all together, and hard to argue with any of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 2441 viewsPaddyhoops

Willock running down his contract and Richards by the looks of it . Still,
Only four to go on his .
Grim reading indeed.
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 2417 viewsPunteR

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:05 - Sep 2 by Esox_Lucius

For not being here to oversee matters?

For the past 8-9 years of poor to mediocre directing of football matters. What we have now is a product of that directing. Maybe it was all inevitable with the numptys who own us..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:44 - Sep 2 with 2411 views062259

So do we believe the £6m rumoured to have been offered by Leeds for Chair, and rejected?
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 2397 viewsNoelmc

Spot on analysis of where we are as a club at this point in time.

Agree with your conclusion;

'If Ainsworth pulls it off it’ll be rank up there with John Gregory salvaging the Oliseh-Czerkas-Rehman-Tchakounte f*cktastrophe Paladini had assembled for Gary Waddock in escape stories.'

Although until you mentioned it I'd managed to blank that dreadful period out of my mind!
Login to get fewer ads

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 2387 viewsE15Hoop

The Josh Knight epsiode beggars belief. Surely you would have had the internal conversation about finances before you even opened discussions with the selling club, especially given that everyone's been banging the FFP drum so loudly over the last few months.

Doesn't exactly speak of a senior management team that's all singing from the same hymn sheet.

That said, in that truly nonsensical way that we've all grown so accustomed to over the decades, that all of this will actually work in our favour. People will now have to be held accountable for properly training and developping the talent that we still do have at our disposal, because the penny will finally drop that we simply don't have any other choice now.
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 2285 viewsAndybrat

The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 09:50 - Sep 2 by E15Hoop

The Josh Knight epsiode beggars belief. Surely you would have had the internal conversation about finances before you even opened discussions with the selling club, especially given that everyone's been banging the FFP drum so loudly over the last few months.

Doesn't exactly speak of a senior management team that's all singing from the same hymn sheet.

That said, in that truly nonsensical way that we've all grown so accustomed to over the decades, that all of this will actually work in our favour. People will now have to be held accountable for properly training and developping the talent that we still do have at our disposal, because the penny will finally drop that we simply don't have any other choice now.

Spot on E15, hope doesn’t necessarily lie in the 1st 11 but the development of the Kolli’s etc. That was always the plan, no choice but to make it work. Sort of think GA is the leader who can with the youngsters. I am being my usual positive self but at some point we would have to do this. Agree with Clive I think Illias deserves a good move, don’t want to lose him but he deserves to play at a higher level.
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 10:21 - Sep 2 with 2218 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ok Clive, we know how much of a basket case the club has been for the last five years at least, but we need to brush the whole sorry episode under the carpet and move on. Dwelling on it is not doing any of us any favours whatsoever, and It is beginning to feel like a never ending period of grief.

I’m now more interested in how what meagre crumbs we have left in the building can go about saving us from relegation this season. There are definitely 3 teams in this league that are in as much shit as we are, but I now choose to focus on finally seeing a team with a modicum of desire and determination and the possibility of a few of our youngsters finally stepping up and potentially making a real contribution. Richard’s I have all but given up on and Willock is not far behind, but Armstrong and Sideshow are showing real potential. The signings we have made, considering they were freebies, have definitely provided some much needed grit and in Smyths case, pace.

If we can avoid another season of debilitating injuries, we just might get through this season fairly comfortably and with a couple of potential stars in the making.

I choose to focus on the hope of what’s possible this season, rather than depress myself with what could have been had we been better managed.

Looking forward to the game today and have put a cheeky fiver on us to win. The first time I have done that for a very long time and it feels great. Uuuurrrrrss.
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 2158 viewsjohnhoop

"Lobotomised shitgibbon" is an absolute classic. You should trade-mark that one.
The window that was, and wasn’t – Preview on 10:55 - Sep 2 with 2066 viewsDorse

👀 Dom Ball 🫶💪🖖

#honestjebediah #blokedownthepub

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024