Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 14:49 - Jan 1 with 67774 viewsKeithHaynes

First speculation from our Trystan on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 4158 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:17 - Jan 21 by Whiterockin

Really, I wonder who posted this.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1048 views ReslovenSwan1

I am disapointed Swansea were abolutey no threat on the break in the last 20 mins. No pace from Vic or Cullen. Garrick if moved into the middle would have given them more problems. Cullen Wales U21 Vic Swedish international. I would take Garrick over both of them.

Big Vic was never fast. He is big and strong. The team balance was not right. I mentioned John Hartson. he was no whippet.

I was wrong about Garrick but I always want pace up front. The last 20 Swansea should have put them away. Maybe Cooper's tactics in a busy schedule.
[Post edited 21 Jan 19:48]

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:57 - Jan 21 with 4080 viewsgrabsplatter

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:46 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

Exactly anyone who says they could see his potential at the time is a liar.

Cooper certainly couldn't & didn't rate him, he had limited chances (2 starts I think??) & drained the confidence out of him.
Robins saw the potential that Cooper didn't.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:00 - Jan 21 with 4060 viewsgrabsplatter

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:34 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Duff stated there was a decision to make in January when the loan was complete. That was a decision to give him a permanent contract and a place i the first team squad subject to an agreement with Levien, Fletcher himself and he club.

We know for reports that Fletcher was keen to stay (WoL). Duff was not that keen saying he was behind one or two others (Wilson Smith Parker). Levien might have been keen on the right terms.

Levien talked of him returning only after Duff's ( "he is OK") comments. 17 goals in two or three months. (Phenomenal)

This is a recurring pattern. Managers not rating real striker talent already in the building. It is a Swansea problem not a USA one. Goykeres /Whitaker / Fletcher. £60m + £10m + £xm?

Lowe and Cullen have seen them all off and that is all that is left. No upside there. Both out of contract and not that great.

Managers & a recruitment team appointed by our American owners?
Of course they're responsible
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:34 - Jan 21 with 3976 viewsPawelAbbott

10 days left in the transfer window and the only thing we have to discuss is a player who was briefly on loan with us 3 seasons ago
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:36 - Jan 21 with 3970 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:34 - Jan 21 by PawelAbbott

10 days left in the transfer window and the only thing we have to discuss is a player who was briefly on loan with us 3 seasons ago

I’ll stand by them for now.
I still think one will go, and three will come in.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 14:29 - Jan 22 with 3492 viewsFlashberryjack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:46 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

Exactly anyone who says they could see his potential at the time is a liar.

I could see potential in him (and had pelters on here for saying so).
And BTW, I'm not a liar.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:43 - Jan 22 with 3005 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 14:29 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

I could see potential in him (and had pelters on here for saying so).
And BTW, I'm not a liar.

You have to give strong quick powerful number 9s some slack because they are so rare. They are rare in world football and practically extinct in Wales.

Vokes and Moore are Anglos. Hartson was the last good indigenous Welsh target man. I am upset Iwan Morgan was let go so easily and Fletcher was ideal.

No Swansea coach a had one good word for the lad despite 17 goals in the few weeks he was hear. Not Duff not even Wright. "Yanks out????"

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:15 - Jan 23 with 2816 viewsjackrmee

Not sure I can handle much more of this frenzy

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 2764 viewspete

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:15 - Jan 23 by jackrmee

Not sure I can handle much more of this frenzy

with us going into the last few days of this window can anyone see any meaning full transfers taking place on incomings ?
As it stands our new chairman looks as if he is still under the thumb from back home OR he has given us another load of bull, loads of work being done, targets idintified some contacted, and the sum total of what we were led to belive as i write is Zilch.
Now we have a manager who has the potential to take us up the div in my eyes but we ALL can see what is needed and as i said in other posts last year if these owners REALLY want to be competative in this div they with in reason have to spend, the last few days of this window will show who is running the club either here or as looks likely from over the pond and our chairman who i took at his word will have to eat humble pie. lets wait these last few days and see
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:43 - Jan 23 with 2750 viewsjackrmee

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:40 - Jan 23 by pete

with us going into the last few days of this window can anyone see any meaning full transfers taking place on incomings ?
As it stands our new chairman looks as if he is still under the thumb from back home OR he has given us another load of bull, loads of work being done, targets idintified some contacted, and the sum total of what we were led to belive as i write is Zilch.
Now we have a manager who has the potential to take us up the div in my eyes but we ALL can see what is needed and as i said in other posts last year if these owners REALLY want to be competative in this div they with in reason have to spend, the last few days of this window will show who is running the club either here or as looks likely from over the pond and our chairman who i took at his word will have to eat humble pie. lets wait these last few days and see

Crazy that you would bring in a manager to play a certain way and then not give him the tools (pacy wingers) that he needs to do the job you’re asking him to do.

It’s like employing a cleaner to properly polish your grandmothers lovely mahogany furniture and giving them fairy liquid to do it with…then sacking them when it looks sh!t
[Post edited 23 Jan 22:47]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:19 - Jan 23 with 2665 viewsunion_jack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:40 - Jan 23 by pete

We have to remember that the number of signings tend to increase exponentially as the month progresses so there’s plenty of opportunity yet.

That said, although we need players not only for team / squad improvement but also for injury replacement m I’d rather us sign nobody than an old crock with a history of injuries who is unlikely to play.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:51 - Jan 23 with 2617 viewsRichardO

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:43 - Jan 23 by jackrmee

Crazy that you would bring in a manager to play a certain way and then not give him the tools (pacy wingers) that he needs to do the job you’re asking him to do.

It’s like employing a cleaner to properly polish your grandmothers lovely mahogany furniture and giving them fairy liquid to do it with…then sacking them when it looks sh!t
[Post edited 23 Jan 22:47]

The thing about having pacey wingers and what they do really depends on how quickly you get the ball out to them, and whether you play the ball in front of them enabling them to build up speed coming onto the ball in the first place. A number of our players have got crosses in early Cullen, Tymon, Parker, Key even in the past the super fast Bidwell became quite adept in getting good crosses into dangerous areas. In games we have seen Congreve and Cullen both sit down defenders to get a cross in especially if the ball is quick enough to get players in one on one situations. Bolaise had two players on him and their fear or poor quality allowed him to beat the pair of them and get a cross in, once you apply pressure quickly and with good movement it is not surprising how much chaos can ensue as we showed against a "Good" Southhampton side. So do we need pacey wingers or players that can get the ball moving quickly and accurately, Humphreys now seems to get the ball to Tymon a lot quicker who now has time to pick out Cullen's good movement inside opening the wing for Tymon to come onto the ball.
Really though Southampton were playing by numbers and given our poor marking or setup really didn't have to work too hard to open us up.
We are all at sea at the moment which is understandable with Williams coming in but we have shown we can be a threat, sort the teams lacklustre defensive set starting from the forwards to the backs. Think we should not need to rely on so many good and in some cases naive loanees down the spine of the team, Humphreys, Patino, Rushworth and Lowe,we need to replace them for the long term success of the club.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 06:27 - Jan 24 with 2123 viewsPawelAbbott

I hadn't noticed that we had sold Brandon Cooper.
Did I miss that announcement?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68000809
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:37 - Jan 24 with 2067 viewsbuilthjack

Watson and Coleman had all December and most of January to think and plan.
A week to go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:12 - Jan 24 with 1991 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:37 - Jan 24 by builthjack

Watson and Coleman had all December and most of January to think and plan.
A week to go.

The owners are excellent at planning, it's the execution of the plan they are shite at. They have talked the talk now they need to walk the walk. I won't hold my breath.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:16 - Jan 24 with 1972 viewsangryjack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:12 - Jan 24 by Whiterockin

The owners are excellent at planning, it's the execution of the plan they are shite at. They have talked the talk now they need to walk the walk. I won't hold my breath.

Can't believe that anybody still believes a word this lot its laughable..taking everybody for a ride and still asking fans dug deep support club.. Well they can do one as far im concerned..won't spend a penny until gone
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 1889 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61777/that-transfer-warn

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 12:54 - Jan 24 with 1715 viewsPawelAbbott

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:50 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61777/that-transfer-warn

I think what happens is that the Chairman, manager and director of Football do spend a lot of time researching and lining things up, but when it comes to it Levein baulks at the price.
I go shopping with Mrs Abbott with all intentions of buying her something. She spends an age window shopping, trying things on. Makes her final decision, then I break into a hot sweat when I see the price. Then I talk her into going for a coffee in the hope of delaying long enough for the shops to shut
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 1682 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 12:54 - Jan 24 by PawelAbbott

I think what happens is that the Chairman, manager and director of Football do spend a lot of time researching and lining things up, but when it comes to it Levein baulks at the price.
I go shopping with Mrs Abbott with all intentions of buying her something. She spends an age window shopping, trying things on. Makes her final decision, then I break into a hot sweat when I see the price. Then I talk her into going for a coffee in the hope of delaying long enough for the shops to shut

This is right.
They research loads of players, but as we know this January isn’t other than that. There’s also no doubt they have contacted many clubs. They have made a bid on one. That’s their job. The issues of last January may be resurfacing for sure.

There’s rumour today of a forward. That’s as best as we can say atm.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:18 - Jan 24 with 1457 viewsPawelAbbott

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 13:11 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

This is right.
They research loads of players, but as we know this January isn’t other than that. There’s also no doubt they have contacted many clubs. They have made a bid on one. That’s their job. The issues of last January may be resurfacing for sure.

It would be great to bring anyone in. My preference would be a midfielder with some bite who can captain the team.
But, I'd take anyone if they improve us
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:32 - Jan 24 with 1416 viewsunion_jack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 13:11 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

This is right.

In a strange sort of way I quite like this silent approach with little to no rumours.

Of course that could be because nothing is or is going to happen for which we have history. But if there’s a flurry towards the end I see no reason why we shouldn’t keep our powder dry.

I may be of a completely different mindset next Thursday evening though🙄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:17 - Jan 24 with 1258 viewsFlashberryjack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:32 - Jan 24 by union_jack

In a strange sort of way I quite like this silent approach with little to no rumours.

Of course that could be because nothing is or is going to happen for which we have history. But if there’s a flurry towards the end I see no reason why we shouldn’t keep our powder dry.

I may be of a completely different mindset next Thursday evening though🙄

How dry does our powder need to be , it's been drying for a good few years

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:19 - Jan 24 with 1253 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:17 - Jan 24 by Flashberryjack

How dry does our powder need to be , it's been drying for a good few years

Or you could say the powder is wet and never going to ignite.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:32 - Jan 24 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

Another manager lied to,
Like the rest of us

Excuses…to come, too much wages,agents fees,didnt like rissoles or Gower or just our jerk owners simply didn’t know what to do.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:46 - Jan 24 with 1194 viewsOptimisticJack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:32 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

Another manager lied to,
Like the rest of us

Excuses…to come, too much wages,agents fees,didnt like rissoles or Gower or just our jerk owners simply didn’t know what to do.

How can you say this?
Are you privy to information that we aren't?
This time next week there should be a clearer picture.
Transfer windows notoriously don't warm up until the final day.
Fans of most teams in similar ( or worse) financial situations to us are complaining of the same lack of action.
January though is notoriously a difficult transfer window to do business.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024