Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 14:49 - Jan 1 with 67738 viewsKeithHaynes

First speculation from our Trystan on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 14:03 - Jan 15 with 3865 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 13:48 - Jan 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The idea of Andy Coleman banging on someone’s door in the middle of the night to take them away in his car in their pyjamas sounds more like the plot to a horror/serial killer movie than a well run football business.

Eh
What?
Yikes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 3868 viewspete

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 13:48 - Jan 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The idea of Andy Coleman banging on someone’s door in the middle of the night to take them away in his car in their pyjamas sounds more like the plot to a horror/serial killer movie than a well run football business.

With the current people in situ at the club NOTHING suprises me, was and whilst was and still am hoping for a change in attitude does Levine still really run the show or have the new investors sorted things who knows?
we in my opinion in the recent past have been close to the play offs and in one and as we all know if the then manager who asked for help was backed we MAY have got back to the promised land sadly did not happen, now we have a new manager with ambition has left a club on the up to come to us and in my opinion would not have come to us with out cast iron agreements in place,nothing seems to be happening but lets give the guy a chance to see what he has available for a short time then let the ( in his words) the frenzy begin. but every one and their dog can see whats required lets see if it happens
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 16:16 - Jan 15 with 3642 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 14:11 - Jan 15 by pete

With the current people in situ at the club NOTHING suprises me, was and whilst was and still am hoping for a change in attitude does Levine still really run the show or have the new investors sorted things who knows?
we in my opinion in the recent past have been close to the play offs and in one and as we all know if the then manager who asked for help was backed we MAY have got back to the promised land sadly did not happen, now we have a new manager with ambition has left a club on the up to come to us and in my opinion would not have come to us with out cast iron agreements in place,nothing seems to be happening but lets give the guy a chance to see what he has available for a short time then let the ( in his words) the frenzy begin. but every one and their dog can see whats required lets see if it happens

Half way through the month and nobody remotely near coming to us

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 16:47 - Jan 15 with 3593 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 16:16 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

With a couple of youngsters coming back early from loans, is Williams saying he wants to look at everyone on the books before making decisions on who is coming or going.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 17:00 - Jan 15 with 3568 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 16:16 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Twelve inquiries, two that could have been settled by now as we reported last week. They haven’t been, that’s the clubs issue. I’m certain they will bring in a few using the new manager as an excuse for not doing so earlier.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 3496 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 17:00 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Twelve inquiries, two that could have been settled by now as we reported last week. They haven’t been, that’s the clubs issue. I’m certain they will bring in a few using the new manager as an excuse for not doing so earlier.

And it’s why we are concerned Keith

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 15 with 3393 viewsdobjack2

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 17:00 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Would be a reasonable guess that the issue lies on the other side of the pond?
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 19:30 - Jan 15 with 3294 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 15 by dobjack2

Would be a reasonable guess that the issue lies on the other side of the pond?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61715

Login to get fewer ads

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:33 - Jan 15 with 3286 viewsPawelAbbott

The JackArmy.net site has an article questioning why there aren't even any rumours going around.
Possibly it's because most of it is usually just speculation from people who are guessing or making up things that sound plausible in order to gain interest in their client or simply clicks.
After last season we would have a reputation for not buying I'm January, so rumours about us would be deemed unlikely to be true and so of little value to the rumour mongers.
Why post click bait that no one is going to believe
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 3104 viewsdobjack2

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 19:30 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61715

Assuming that we are again holding out for players, that implies that this is a tactic of someone in place in previous January windows. why would we do that? It wastes time that could be spent integrating them into the squad.

It would be risking losing a player if we are trying to save a couple of weeks wages or worse if it's an attempt at getting a player to a point where he is ready to leave his existing club and then trying to negotiate the selling club down once the player is set on the move.

Surely nobody would seriously try the latter as word would get around pretty quickly that you are not to be trusted.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 05:23 - Jan 16 with 2924 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:33 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

The JackArmy.net site has an article questioning why there aren't even any rumours going around.
Possibly it's because most of it is usually just speculation from people who are guessing or making up things that sound plausible in order to gain interest in their client or simply clicks.
After last season we would have a reputation for not buying I'm January, so rumours about us would be deemed unlikely to be true and so of little value to the rumour mongers.
Why post click bait that no one is going to believe

That doesn’t detract from the fact that Watson has multiple inquiries ongoing, as we’ve said before there’s a huge difference between the different levels of rumour and an actual transfer taking place. I mean, what else would Watson and co be doing ?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:23 - Jan 16 with 2828 viewsPawelAbbott

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 05:23 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

That doesn’t detract from the fact that Watson has multiple inquiries ongoing, as we’ve said before there’s a huge difference between the different levels of rumour and an actual transfer taking place. I mean, what else would Watson and co be doing ?

They've just had a month trying to find a manager. They are probably still resting from that exertion.
The back slapping and high fives around the office must have really taken it out of them. Their golf handicaps must have taken a battering as well.
January should be about closing deals and not starting inquiries.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:03 - Jan 16 with 2769 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:23 - Jan 16 by PawelAbbott

They've just had a month trying to find a manager. They are probably still resting from that exertion.
The back slapping and high fives around the office must have really taken it out of them. Their golf handicaps must have taken a battering as well.
January should be about closing deals and not starting inquiries.

Amen to that

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 2726 viewstheloneranger

Peterborough offer to take Ogbeta back on loan.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:19 - Jan 16 with 2726 viewsRichardO

Holding out for the best deal? Should be done as early as possible to get them integrated into the squad. Shame we waited in the summer with no left side backs until the end of the very end transfer window, Key one of the few early signing playing out of position as did a number of others, Get the deals done so the new players if any can to support/ upgrade the existing squad quicker. Our loan players brought back to fill the gaps if we fall short in the January window?
[Post edited 16 Jan 10:49]
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 2629 viewsjoshdon10

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:19 - Jan 16 by RichardO

Holding out for the best deal? Should be done as early as possible to get them integrated into the squad. Shame we waited in the summer with no left side backs until the end of the very end transfer window, Key one of the few early signing playing out of position as did a number of others, Get the deals done so the new players if any can to support/ upgrade the existing squad quicker. Our loan players brought back to fill the gaps if we fall short in the January window?
[Post edited 16 Jan 10:49]

It’s happening across all clubs. Unless clubs just want to get rid asap or loans then deals will get done. But majority of clubs will only sell if they can find a replacement first or try and get a bidding war going. We haven’t got the money to make offers that clubs can’t refuse. If they can get an extra 250k off someone else they will try and make that deal happen. This is why it’s a Frenzy at the end of the window across the whole country. Buying clubs will get desperate and pay, It’s not as simple as get the deals done.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 2486 viewsRichardO

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 11:38 - Jan 16 by joshdon10

It’s happening across all clubs. Unless clubs just want to get rid asap or loans then deals will get done. But majority of clubs will only sell if they can find a replacement first or try and get a bidding war going. We haven’t got the money to make offers that clubs can’t refuse. If they can get an extra 250k off someone else they will try and make that deal happen. This is why it’s a Frenzy at the end of the window across the whole country. Buying clubs will get desperate and pay, It’s not as simple as get the deals done.

Chain reaction one deal doesn't get done, leading to collapse of numerous other deals.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:32 - Jan 16 with 2136 viewsblackpooljack

Conn-Clarke played and scored tonight ( on from the start ) file under B for b*llshit
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:51 - Jan 16 with 2095 viewsjackrmee

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:32 - Jan 16 by blackpooljack

Conn-Clarke played and scored tonight ( on from the start ) file under B for b*llshit

I can’t stand all the false flags. Agents or click hungry people, they all do my head in.
Absolutely love transfer windows, as it’s (usually) exciting times. Serious speculation, deals almost done, maybe even a signing or two. Not simply making up bullshit

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:47 - Jan 16 with 2005 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:51 - Jan 16 by jackrmee

I can’t stand all the false flags. Agents or click hungry people, they all do my head in.
Absolutely love transfer windows, as it’s (usually) exciting times. Serious speculation, deals almost done, maybe even a signing or two. Not simply making up bullshit

This is the issue, we have chosen to report the sources where they are not ours or offer a profile on players like Jodi Jones, Will Evans or Conn-Clarke. The main issues that I can see atm are the long list of players sourced or talked about by the club are still getting out in to the public domain. I thought the agents article from yesterday explained that well enough. Not sure if you read it but it offers an insight, it may help with the frustrations.

Predicting the future even when you know a player has been spoken to or his agent is generally quite difficult.

If we know about a phone call or a contact at another club talks to us - say Newport County confirms that then it gets reported. In a subtle way, there’s rarely a prediction, There are some good accounts out there, there’s a few Swansea related who hide behind protected tweets who are just trouble makers.

Just a side note, this site has never been about clicks, we have confirmed ad revenue no matter what 😉

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:52 - Jan 16 with 1988 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:51 - Jan 16 by jackrmee

I believe players are taking their time if they have multiple offers on the table. A story the Con Clarke was undergoing a medical and signing might have been partly true. He may indeed been at Swansea while he decides what move is right for him.

Swansea might have told his agent to "send boy over for a look around" petrol or train costs can be recuperated on request.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 23:04 - Jan 16 with 1966 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 (n/t) on 14:11 - Jan 15 by pete

When I see "and as well as we all know" i lose faith.

In Cooper's second season January window Steve sent back a player who he had barely used. Viktor Gyokeres. He had just tucked in a neat finish in a cup tie at Stevenage his first start. Andy Scott was pleased with this capture and probably had told Levien the boy could go far and Brighton were open to selling for around £1m .

Cooper MAY have developed the player and signed him. Now Sporting are asking £100m. Cooper was obsessed with loan players from his England time. Coventry can now outbid Swansea for any player with the Vik money. Cooper made a horrible mistake.

Leveien had given him Brewster Gallagher and Guehi the previous season and Coopers boys choked.

I suspect that Duff has made another howler with the kid that scored 17 goals for the u21 in double quick time who did not impress Duff. What is it to him. He will be long gone when Fletcher is doing his stuff somewhere else.

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:12 - Jan 16 with 1955 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:32 - Jan 16 by blackpooljack

Well, he’s part agreed something with another club. People need to stop jumping to judgements because it’s too easy. The guy on Twitter who reported it (TC9) I responded to when he linked the Swans, I asked him to speak to his agent, nice bloke btw. Good agent, very diligent.

That’s how much I know about his current situation. These things don’t happen overnight, and if people don’t like the rumours it’s best to switch off for the month. We have worked hard with some good contacts this month, as we often say there’s no more free radical than folk. Someone else's phone call is another persons transfer. You just have to work it out. That’s why we try to do so as much as we can.

Look at last January we had sourced seven players, Levien wouldn’t sanction even one of them. That’s another issue, and one which Coleman I’m certain at this very minute is finding out. It takes at least a week to sign a player properly and then there’s conditions. That’s why we ended up trying to fool everyone with that West Brom bloke Grant last deadline day. Now that was proper, made to measure, well manicured complete bullshit.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:46 - Jan 17 with 1748 viewsjackrmee

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:47 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

This is the issue, we have chosen to report the sources where they are not ours or offer a profile on players like Jodi Jones, Will Evans or Conn-Clarke. The main issues that I can see atm are the long list of players sourced or talked about by the club are still getting out in to the public domain. I thought the agents article from yesterday explained that well enough. Not sure if you read it but it offers an insight, it may help with the frustrations.

Predicting the future even when you know a player has been spoken to or his agent is generally quite difficult.

If we know about a phone call or a contact at another club talks to us - say Newport County confirms that then it gets reported. In a subtle way, there’s rarely a prediction, There are some good accounts out there, there’s a few Swansea related who hide behind protected tweets who are just trouble makers.

Just a side note, this site has never been about clicks, we have confirmed ad revenue no matter what 😉

Sorry mate, I wasn’t aiming that little rant at you guys in any way. I read every one of your articles and they are fair and really good. I love the way you set up your stories and always write with honesty and openness. I know SI aren’t searching for clicks. I should have been more clear, but there are certain sites that bait you with their headlines and others that just seem to make up random stories, such as that Harry Darling for £12m one.

Please don’t stop what you’re doing, as the profiles and stories you publish are the best around. They are what they are and they don’t pretend to be anything else. Brilliant

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 11:12 - Jan 17 with 1587 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:46 - Jan 17 by jackrmee

Sorry mate, I wasn’t aiming that little rant at you guys in any way. I read every one of your articles and they are fair and really good. I love the way you set up your stories and always write with honesty and openness. I know SI aren’t searching for clicks. I should have been more clear, but there are certain sites that bait you with their headlines and others that just seem to make up random stories, such as that Harry Darling for £12m one.

Please don’t stop what you’re doing, as the profiles and stories you publish are the best around. They are what they are and they don’t pretend to be anything else. Brilliant

Didn’t take it as such. Not a problem at all.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56933/jamie-pa

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56784/jamie-paterson-wan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024