Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what difference does a year make? 18:16 - Jan 1 with 2755 viewsvetchonian

Well this time last year we were 15th on 35 points today we are 16th with 32 points.
So despite losing out talisman goal scorer ,and ditching our manager a month ago we are not really miles away from last season which was the second of the then managers reign and 1 and a half seasons into his process.

Yes we are manager less but in terms of league position and points we are not really that far behind where we found ourselves this time last season.
So are things on the pitch as bad as many state

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

what difference does a year make? on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 792 viewsgrabsplatter

what difference does a year make? on 20:08 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

He'd have been just another player instructed to be "brave" and make suicidally stupid passes in our own defensive third.

He'd have been a very good right back when we were badly missing one & would have improved the team
what difference does a year make? on 21:09 - Jan 1 with 761 viewsgrabsplatter

what difference does a year make? on 20:23 - Jan 1 by RichardO

So have we established that we have a team who could potentially challenge for the play off.
I personally don't think so but have we a manager in Sheehan that has provided a team who in the first half was relatively solid some may say much like the first half against Southampton but the players didn't help themselves in the second half, the same could be said Martin's teams preformance the second game agIanst Burnley last season but instead of the team cracking under the pressure today Sheehan with the same 11 who finished the first half changed the style of play to win the game.
So has he earned enough credit to take the helm until the end of the season?

As others have said it's difficult to make a judgement on Sheehan.
Results have definitely improved but performances have been unconvincing. We were poor against Rotherham but benefited from some brain dead play from Ayala & weren't good against PNE.
On balance I'd say no he shouldn't get it, too many caretaker managers have bombed after being made permanent but to be fair to him he does seem to have the players on board.
what difference does a year make? on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 748 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin has a hugely impressive forward line if all were focused and professional.

Patterson, Obafemi , Piroe, Whitaker, Ntcham.

My god if they were all firing then bingo. None of them were injured. Martin is unique in many ways. I have never heard of any manager

- falling out with three forwards at once. Two refusing to play?.
- Admitting in the press he lost love for the job after the January window and needed to re
foucus after a few weeks.

He wanted a forward and was given Whitaker who was playing well. In jobs I have been at I have had to work with people I could not stand. Most Championship teams signed only one player last January. Their managers did not sulk or play to the crowd.

Wise sage since Toshack era

what difference does a year make? on 21:33 - Jan 1 with 722 viewsonehunglow

what difference does a year make? on 21:19 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin has a hugely impressive forward line if all were focused and professional.

My god if they were all firing then bingo. None of them were injured. Martin is unique in many ways. I have never heard of any manager

- Admitting in the press he lost love for the job after the January window and needed to re

He wanted a forward and was given Whitaker who was playing well. In jobs I have been at I have had to work with people I could not stand. Most Championship teams signed only one player last January. Their managers did not sulk or play to the crowd.

Whittaker was real trouble,according to his followers .
A yiu g player brought back from loan to sign for a huge club. This fell through and then Martin benched him permanently . Out of sheer spite .
Made my blood boil.
No way would Whittaker stay at the club even after HE left.
He was disrespected and fluffed about .
We could have used him
Plymouth are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

what difference does a year make? on 21:52 - Jan 1 with 701 viewsDr_Winston

Another perfect example of Martin's ineptitude is that it took him the best part of two years to stop playing Ntcham on the flank and start playing him through the middle.

Giving the idiot more money to spend last January would have just been throwing it away.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

what difference does a year make? on 21:56 - Jan 1 with 694 viewsvetchonian

would you give more funds to someone who requested 2 players for whom we paid Circa £3M then he benched them.

But it's history and he is great manager....

what difference does a year make? on 22:18 - Jan 1 with 665 viewsgrabsplatter

what difference does a year make? on 21:56 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

would you give more funds to someone who requested 2 players for whom we paid Circa £3M then he benched them.

But it's history and he is great manager....

Not sure if that was directed at me but we desperately needed a right back so yes.
It is history but you brought it up & no to me he was a bang average manager who should have gone well before he did, doesn't alter my opinion on Key though.
what difference does a year make? on 22:32 - Jan 1 with 642 viewsbuilthjack

We ended with 66 points. Will we get more?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

what difference does a year make? on 22:42 - Jan 1 with 628 viewsKeithHaynes

what difference does a year make? on 21:19 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

One of the reasons Julian Winter left is because of the fact he was told for four months that he and the recruitment team could sign players in January.

Have you ever worked for four months and hard all your work disregarded ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

what difference does a year make? on 22:45 - Jan 1 with 625 viewsKeithHaynes

what difference does a year make? on 22:32 - Jan 1 by builthjack

Wasting your time, the forum always descends in to knocking Martin with information that is either false or rumour. It’s a bit sad, but it’s opinion I suppose.

We will have to win ten of our last remaining games to beat last seasons total.

what difference does a year make? on 23:31 - Jan 1 with 590 viewsbuilthjack

what difference does a year make? on 22:45 - Jan 1 by KeithHaynes

Wasting your time, the forum always descends in to knocking Martin with information that is either false or rumour. It’s a bit sad, but it’s opinion I suppose.

We will have to win ten of our last remaining games to beat last seasons total.

Always the same few Keith.
Martin has just gone 18 games unbeaten despite selling €183 million worth of players in the close season, and then only spending €21 million. Incredible really.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

what difference does a year make? on 07:10 - Jan 2 with 517 viewsRichardO

what difference does a year make? on 23:31 - Jan 1 by builthjack

Martin has just gone 18 games unbeaten despite selling €183 million worth of players in the close season, and then only spending €21 million. Incredible really.

Maybe he had learnt from his experienced gain from his mistakes here?
There was no expectations of him in the first Season because our defence needed considerable strengthening and the second year that had been resolved to a degree but then we sold Downes which in no way strengthen the midfield and yet he learnt in the latter part of the season to win with the same team when different style was put in place?
Same as Sheehan yesterday?
what difference does a year make? on 08:40 - Jan 2 with 498 viewsjack247

what difference does a year make? on 21:33 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

Whittaker was real trouble,according to his followers .
A yiu g player brought back from loan to sign for a huge club. This fell through and then Martin benched him permanently . Out of sheer spite .
Made my blood boil.
No way would Whittaker stay at the club even after HE left.
He was disrespected and fluffed about .
We could have used him
Plymouth are

He was brought back from loan against his and Martins wishes. Before the Rangers bid came in. Whilst he and Martin didn’t get on, now the owners had got on his wrong side as well.

He started either his first or second game back and scored early on. He then spent the rest of the season drifting through games half heartedly. If he’d had Cullens attitude he’d have been a hell of a player. If we’re going to talk about disrespect, watch his performances back.

As I said earlier, had we just let him finish the season at Plymouth, we could very likely have either sold him for far more than a million or used him this season.

Martin did a lot wrong. I actually think he disrespected the club as well by sticking to that formation for so long, which made him stand out, but didn’t suit the players he had. In this instance though, the manager, the player and the owners were all at fault.
what difference does a year make? on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 443 viewsvetchonian

what difference does a year make? on 22:32 - Jan 1 by builthjack

it's not impossible we need an average of 1.7 points per game from now till the end of the season ...which we have averaged over the past 4 games
The reason I posted this thread was not to be another knock Russ thread but to highlight despite the turmoil this season to date and the weakening of the squad we are not that far in reality from where we were a year ago despite all the doon and gloom being posted that we are on the verge of relegation and the slippery slope to lg2.

what difference does a year make? on 11:28 - Jan 2 with 432 viewsswan_si

what difference does a year make? on 11:21 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

it's not impossible we need an average of 1.7 points per game from now till the end of the season ...which we have averaged over the past 4 games
The reason I posted this thread was not to be another knock Russ thread but to highlight despite the turmoil this season to date and the weakening of the squad we are not that far in reality from where we were a year ago despite all the doon and gloom being posted that we are on the verge of relegation and the slippery slope to lg2.

I nominated you as one of my candidates for POTY, don't know why you didn't make the cut, maybe it's because of the sensible posts you make, don't quite fit the agenda.🤔🤷‍♂️
what difference does a year make? on 11:39 - Jan 2 with 429 viewsTreforys_Jack

what difference does a year make? on 11:21 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

I got shot down from normally reasonable posters for suggesting the squad was far better than it was showing, just needed proper team selection and not so negative tactics
what difference does a year make? on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 406 viewsswan_si

what difference does a year make? on 11:39 - Jan 2 by Treforys_Jack

I got shot down from normally reasonable posters for suggesting the squad was far better than it was showing, just needed proper team selection and not so negative tactics

none so blind as those who will not see.
what difference does a year make? on 12:15 - Jan 2 with 401 viewsKeithHaynes

what difference does a year make? on 11:28 - Jan 2 by swan_si

I nominated you as one of my candidates for POTY, don't know why you didn't make the cut, maybe it's because of the sensible posts you make, don't quite fit the agenda.🤔🤷‍♂️

So you question my integrity now ?

what difference does a year make? on 12:27 - Jan 2 with 378 viewsswan_si

what difference does a year make? on 12:15 - Jan 2 by KeithHaynes

So you question my integrity now ?

How was the cut made, what was the criteria? But it's really not that important it's POTY. Hardly life changing.
what difference does a year make? on 12:31 - Jan 2 with 365 viewsvetchonian

what difference does a year make? on 12:27 - Jan 2 by swan_si

How was the cut made, what was the criteria? But it's really not that important it's POTY. Hardly life changing.

in fairness I think its based on the number of nominations per poster I believe yours was the only nomination I received

what difference does a year make? on 12:33 - Jan 2 with 364 viewsKeithHaynes

what difference does a year make? on 12:27 - Jan 2 by swan_si

You answered that question by stating you voted. Is your head ok ?
I don’t have to answer to you, especially when you push the issue too far.

You’ve made an allegation and had the answer from the person you included in your nonsense. Don’t come looking for it with me, you will find it.

what difference does a year make? on 12:34 - Jan 2 with 363 viewsKeithHaynes

what difference does a year make? on 12:31 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

in fairness I think its based on the number of nominations per poster I believe yours was the only nomination I received

Clearly talking to someone who isn’t turning his lights on that brightly vetch.

what difference does a year make? on 12:39 - Jan 2 with 346 viewsvetchonian

what difference does a year make? on 23:31 - Jan 1 by builthjack

if he was managing that team in the PL from whichh they dropped with that player turnover it would be a remarkable achievement.
Remember though despite those outgoings and in comings the team is in a division lower than it was set up for so the owners have done some balancing if the books whilst still leaving a much better squad than the majority of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024