Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey gone 15:01 - Jan 8 with 53471 viewsJigsore

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/january/08/chris-ramsey-departs/

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:12 - Jan 10 with 2998 viewsQPRConor2000

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:40 - Jan 10 by Northernr

There'll be a new CEO shortly following Hoos moving upstairs. I think that's why it's so quiet atm, they'll speak when this guy is here and he'll be doing the speaking.

The DOF thing has gone painfully quiet, possible because they're effectively going to have this one new guy basically doing both jobs.

We've got an academy manager - Alex Carroll.

Why do we then need a technical director/head of coaching as well? This is part of the problem, too many people earning too much money we don't have and not producing results, that's the reason Ramsey has gone in the first place surely? If we don't replace him I doubt we'd notice too much.

I think you may well be right.

[Post edited 10 Jan 16:13]
Chris Ramsey gone on 16:12 - Jan 10 with 3001 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:55 - Jan 10 by Rangersw12

Have you heard any whispers who the new CEO is ?

Not yet.
Chris Ramsey gone on 16:18 - Jan 10 with 2938 viewsQPRConor2000

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:12 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Not yet.

Just a quick question, is a new CEO linked to this new investment that has been rumoured in recent months?
Chris Ramsey gone on 16:31 - Jan 10 with 2878 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:18 - Jan 10 by QPRConor2000

Just a quick question, is a new CEO linked to this new investment that has been rumoured in recent months?

Not that I'm aware of. This idea that there's a takeover or whatever in the offing I just don't see, for the reasons I've given several times - it's a money pit, it's not an attractive proposition.
Chris Ramsey gone on 16:48 - Jan 10 with 2779 viewsGroveR

Chris Ramsey gone on 14:09 - Jan 10 by Northernr

What success stories we have had have mostly been like that - Chair, Manning, Eze, Dieng.
Furlong's the only one, really, who has come all the way through from the U8s and been a genuine success.
With EPPP working it's horrible effects the ones we try and bring all the way through mostly end up elsewhere - Alfie Gilchrist off the bench for Chelsea again last night, one of ours originally.
There's a very decent argument for ditching it and only running an u18 and U21/B Team set up, trying to pick up players at that age who've fallen out the other way.

Like you say with Adebayo, could have got him for nowt when Foolham released him when he was 20
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 2688 viewsQPRConor2000

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:31 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Not that I'm aware of. This idea that there's a takeover or whatever in the offing I just don't see, for the reasons I've given several times - it's a money pit, it's not an attractive proposition.

Lets hope we have this new CEO in place as soon as possible.
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:26 - Jan 10 with 2591 viewsCateLeBonR

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:39 - Jan 9 by lassel

Is Kakay really ‘fine as a backup’?

He’s currently averaging a goal per game directly cost by him and for a team as goalshy as this one, that seems quite the opposite of ‘fine as a backup’?

I think Kakay’s form is suffering for the same reason as Dunne. Neither are really good enough to play in a back four at Championship level. Kakay is ok as right side of a back 3 or right/wing back of a back 5. Dunne is ok in the middle or on the right of a back 3. Unfortunately for them we play with a back 4.
[Post edited 10 Jan 17:28]
Chris Ramsey gone on 17:42 - Jan 10 with 2520 viewsnumptydumpty

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:26 - Jan 10 by CateLeBonR

I think Kakay’s form is suffering for the same reason as Dunne. Neither are really good enough to play in a back four at Championship level. Kakay is ok as right side of a back 3 or right/wing back of a back 5. Dunne is ok in the middle or on the right of a back 3. Unfortunately for them we play with a back 4.
[Post edited 10 Jan 17:28]

Very true

Guess Marti if he stays, will get in men that fit best in a back four as its his preferred formation

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey gone on 17:52 - Jan 10 with 2484 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:48 - Jan 10 by GroveR

Like you say with Adebayo, could have got him for nowt when Foolham released him when he was 20

Come on. Let's not get too hindsighty. He was picked up by Walsall after he left Fulham. There were not queues of people trying to sign a player whose best goalscoring came while playing for Bognor. When he was released he'd just scored 5 goals in a season for Swindon. Signing from Walsall, when he'd got 18 from 55, ok. But a bit harsh to go back further than that. Playing in the Prem now, so it's skewed, and he's clearly better than Dykes, but he gets about 1 in 4 overall, Dykes is about 1 in 4.5.

Bare bones.

Chris Ramsey gone (n/t) on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 2399 views1JD

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:32 - Jan 10 by QPRConor2000

I wonder now that Ramsey has left, who is currently the techincal director and the head of coaching at the club?

Surely they already must already have an interim appointment already in place their current roles until they find a permanent replacement.

I might be wrong, but maybe this is a sign that the club are laying the ground for a new DOF to come in and they would head up the other changes at the club, including a new technical director, Chief Scout etc.

I also would imagine Marti would of had a say as well in Ramsey leaving the club as well.

[Post edited 10 Jan 18:22]
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 2386 viewsBurnleyhoop

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:14 - Jan 9 by Hunterhoop

I think you’re right.

Your penultimate sentence is noteworthy. I tend to agree. However, whilst everything does not need to be burnt to the ground, everything does need to be reinvigorated and given some purpose. The club is completely rudderless at the minute. There is a dearth of leadership. There is no vision being sold. No identity. Not strategy. We’re simply in survival mode waiting for the club to find new owners/investors (depending on which way you look at it). There’s not even any leadership present any more (at matches, in front of fans, in the media). And as people leave, that void gets bigger.

Seems to be no mention of the potential involvement of Cifuentes in this decision.

Has he had an input? Is he actively driving change within the club or is he just a spectator in all of this?

It would appear that most supporters are still very supportive of Cifuentes despite our new manger bounce falling flat along with some dubious team selections and tactical decisions. Surely he has had sufficient time to formulate his own opinions and has, in fact, intimated that he has made those thoughts and opinions known to the so called hierarchy?

We have a huge month ahead, so will watch with interest how this situation develops. One thing is certain, things need to change, although whatever change comes, it may already be too late to save this season
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 2384 views1JD

Chris Ramsey gone on 15:40 - Jan 10 by Northernr

There'll be a new CEO shortly following Hoos moving upstairs. I think that's why it's so quiet atm, they'll speak when this guy is here and he'll be doing the speaking.

The DOF thing has gone painfully quiet, possible because they're effectively going to have this one new guy basically doing both jobs.

We've got an academy manager - Alex Carroll.

Why do we then need a technical director/head of coaching as well? This is part of the problem, too many people earning too much money we don't have and not producing results, that's the reason Ramsey has gone in the first place surely? If we don't replace him I doubt we'd notice too much.

Pretty sure Head of Coaching was a mandatory new requirement of Cat 1 and Cat 2 academies, it was bought in approx 2 years ago, and coincided with Ramsey’s updated job title. Will try find out some more info.
Chris Ramsey gone on 18:37 - Jan 10 with 2322 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Wouldn't be the worst idea to ditch the push with the academy as all the money that goes into it could be spent picking up those players for u18/u21/Bteam level. Anyone you bring up from a young age with the academy who has the quality to make it is pretty much picked off by 'bigger' teams before you can sign them to anything or do anything about loosing them....therefore you don't ever make back anywhere near what you've put in over the years. It's just where we are right now in the football world and we gotta make the best of it.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:05 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsstainrods_elbow

Chris Ramsey gone on 16:31 - Jan 10 by Northernr

These 'reasons' apply pretty widely to pro football clubs outside of the Prem, at least some of which (I'll give Hoos that at least) are in as bad or a worse state than ours. While it doesn't look as if a crowd of consortia are beating a path to our door right now, I'd be really surprised (and disappointed) if the current ownership/staffing set-up was still in situ in a year from now.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:15 - Jan 10 with 2192 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chris Ramsey gone on 18:37 - Jan 10 by Midlands_Ranger

Wouldn't be the worst idea to ditch the push with the academy as all the money that goes into it could be spent picking up those players for u18/u21/Bteam level. Anyone you bring up from a young age with the academy who has the quality to make it is pretty much picked off by 'bigger' teams before you can sign them to anything or do anything about loosing them....therefore you don't ever make back anywhere near what you've put in over the years. It's just where we are right now in the football world and we gotta make the best of it.

But aren't B team/academy rejects what we have been doing anyway? Eze, Field, Dunne, Larkeche, EDB. Bar Eze, its not been great.

To me the whole point of any academy is you instill the club ethos into the players young that they take through to the 1st team. You then reduce the need to bring outside players in, who may not share that ethos.

This Academy A or B is an excuse. If the club had a strong identity with great coaches and a clear pathway to the 1st team it can work. We should have a conveyor belt of players at 19/20 pushing the first teamers.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 2185 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:15 - Jan 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

But aren't B team/academy rejects what we have been doing anyway? Eze, Field, Dunne, Larkeche, EDB. Bar Eze, its not been great.

To me the whole point of any academy is you instill the club ethos into the players young that they take through to the 1st team. You then reduce the need to bring outside players in, who may not share that ethos.

This Academy A or B is an excuse. If the club had a strong identity with great coaches and a clear pathway to the 1st team it can work. We should have a conveyor belt of players at 19/20 pushing the first teamers.

Thats a bit of a pipe dream though, does any club outside the premier league have a conveyor belt of players aged 19/20?

if you are lucky and very good you get 2/3 in every year group pushing for the first team
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:47 - Jan 10 with 2096 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:05 - Jan 10 by stainrods_elbow

These 'reasons' apply pretty widely to pro football clubs outside of the Prem, at least some of which (I'll give Hoos that at least) are in as bad or a worse state than ours. While it doesn't look as if a crowd of consortia are beating a path to our door right now, I'd be really surprised (and disappointed) if the current ownership/staffing set-up was still in situ in a year from now.

The reason we're particularly unattractive at the moment, in my view, is because once you've agreed the fee, paid off whatever the owners want, accepted the historic fine, the training ground etc, whatever it's cost you... and you've now got the keys....

You've got the worst team in the league, and no FFP headroom to do anything about it. It wouldn't matter if you were Bill Gates, that would still be the case.

I presume if you did want to spend your money on an enormously loss making football club, for fun, or because it's in London, or whatever, you'd be doing so because you want to spend some money on the team. You can't do that here.

Next season, if we stay up, a little bit more headroom, so more attractive then, and if we don't stay up then we'd be cheaper to buy and with more headroom, so more attractive then again.

You'd e legitimately insane to buy it at this point. You'd effectively be paying £50m for a season ticket to watch the same sht we're currently watching.
Chris Ramsey gone on 19:52 - Jan 10 with 2055 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:47 - Jan 10 by Northernr

The reason we're particularly unattractive at the moment, in my view, is because once you've agreed the fee, paid off whatever the owners want, accepted the historic fine, the training ground etc, whatever it's cost you... and you've now got the keys....

You've got the worst team in the league, and no FFP headroom to do anything about it. It wouldn't matter if you were Bill Gates, that would still be the case.

I presume if you did want to spend your money on an enormously loss making football club, for fun, or because it's in London, or whatever, you'd be doing so because you want to spend some money on the team. You can't do that here.

Next season, if we stay up, a little bit more headroom, so more attractive then, and if we don't stay up then we'd be cheaper to buy and with more headroom, so more attractive then again.

You'd e legitimately insane to buy it at this point. You'd effectively be paying £50m for a season ticket to watch the same sht we're currently watching.

Am I being overly bed wetting to worry about the future of the ground and more specifically, the land?
Chris Ramsey gone on 20:15 - Jan 10 with 1967 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:15 - Jan 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

It would be great if they ever got near the first team but they don't do they? They don't get far at all(if there any good)before someone else has them off us...I would love to be able to bring through our own kids but it doesn't happen, it really is a dream that very rarely comes true. Agree we have sort of been trying the academy rejects thing but with a bit more money going that way you could maybe get a better catch. I dunno...its all just money isn't it, it's a money game!
[Post edited 11 Jan 0:51]
Chris Ramsey gone on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 1955 viewsQPRConor2000

Chris Ramsey gone on 19:47 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Also when you buy a club, you also take on the debts as well.

I think the priority as a club is to grow our non matchday revenue so we are more attractive to buyers, we know the owners put in 2million quid a month to keep the club afloat.
Chris Ramsey gone on 20:20 - Jan 10 with 1944 viewskensalriser

Chris Ramsey gone on 20:16 - Jan 10 by QPRConor2000

I think the priority as a club is to grow our non matchday revenue so we are more attractive to buyers, we know the owners put in 2million quid a month to keep the club afloat.

You're not obliged to take on the debts owed to the previous owners, which is where I imagine most of the club's debt sits.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chris Ramsey gone on 20:26 - Jan 10 with 1919 viewsSonofpugwash

Chris Ramsey gone on 20:16 - Jan 10 by QPRConor2000

What if you change the name?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Chris Ramsey gone on 21:36 - Jan 10 with 1692 viewslassel

Chris Ramsey gone on 20:20 - Jan 10 by kensalriser

You're not obliged to take on the debts owed to the previous owners, which is where I imagine most of the club's debt sits.

Of course but you need the outgoing owners to agree to that….

As said previously, I have no doubts that Ruben would accept a few pence in the pound to be rid of the fcking millstone around his neck once and for all, but Reilly I suspect was the only one the consulting firms sent out to scour America could find who was daft enough to buy the pitch and invest. From his background I’d be amazed if he can afford to write off his chunk of the invested funds.

I would imagine the pitch to take on the club right now is not quite as bad as Norths estimation because as above I suspect Ruben would write his investment off, but clearly the ffp fine he’d want to pass on, plus the ongoing day to day costs which are not insignificant.

Perhaps the most telling thing is that the ownership group have been racking up fees with consulting firms who I’m sure don’t come cheap for quite some time to find a unicorn(s) who are rich enough and gullible enough to take it off their hands, with little to no success.
Chris Ramsey gone on 23:25 - Jan 10 with 1427 viewsHayesender

QPR in race storm over curry jibes as midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty sues club after abuse during … https://mol.im/a/12948713 via https://dailym.ai/android

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey gone on 00:07 - Jan 11 with 1358 viewsnumptydumpty

Chris Ramsey gone on 23:25 - Jan 10 by Hayesender

QPR in race storm over curry jibes as midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty sues club after abuse during … https://mol.im/a/12948713 via https://dailym.ai/android

Not sure what QPR could do

The manager was suspended, then prosecuted and sacked

Ramsey saying racism happens in League two and lower sadly, he was trying to say to the player sometimes we cant control what other people do and say !!!!

He was trying to say that these things unfortunately do happen, he wasnt saying it was right but was saying forget about it and move on, is exactly the right way to deal with such things

Litigation after this is Woke ism gone mad. It wasnt even a QPR employee.
[Post edited 11 Jan 0:08]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024