Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farmland and its uses 11:02 - Apr 30 with 1420 viewsBoundy

God isn't making anymore so how about using what we have to the benefit of civilisation, not some scam dreamed up by those with a vested interest in pushing the climate agenda

https://www.savills.co.uk/landing-pages/rural-soundbytes/buying-land-to-carbon-o

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Farmland and its uses on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsFlashberryjack

Scam alert!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Farmland and its uses on 14:07 - Apr 30 with 931 viewscontroversial_jack

Can't offset carbon , it's here in some form or other, it's all life
Farmland and its uses on 16:10 - Apr 30 with 901 viewsSullutaCreturned

Farmland and its uses on 14:07 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

Can't offset carbon , it's here in some form or other, it's all life

And we agree. You can't plant trees to offset it either as it takes 20 years for a tree to mature enough to make a difference.

The best way forward is to actually go backwards, to rturn to the times when we used local shops, not supermarkets and the internet. Food produced locally as much as possible and not shipped in from thusands of miles away.

But that idea would be abhorrent to those who think it would mean those dreaded 15 minute cities amd also to those who enjoy their easy lives wothout a care for the world we live on.
Besides, the pwerful corporate goons and their political friends would never allow it.
Farmland and its uses on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 896 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Farmland and its uses on 16:10 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

And we agree. You can't plant trees to offset it either as it takes 20 years for a tree to mature enough to make a difference.

The best way forward is to actually go backwards, to rturn to the times when we used local shops, not supermarkets and the internet. Food produced locally as much as possible and not shipped in from thusands of miles away.

But that idea would be abhorrent to those who think it would mean those dreaded 15 minute cities amd also to those who enjoy their easy lives wothout a care for the world we live on.
Besides, the pwerful corporate goons and their political friends would never allow it.

Bamboo.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Farmland and its uses on 16:43 - Apr 30 with 884 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 16:19 - Apr 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Bamboo.

is a bugger to get rid of , the roots stay on or just below the surface and you need more that an axe to cut through them, believe me I know

Farmland and its uses on 17:48 - Apr 30 with 855 viewscontroversial_jack

Farmland and its uses on 16:10 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

Even then, what happens to the co2 when the tree dies. it goes back to the atmosphere All life is carbon based. We cannot be carbon neutral, it's either in the atmosphere or the oceans. in other words it's all in equilibrium. Yes. it takes a long time, but this is what's been happening for ever
Farmland and its uses on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 862 viewsSullutaCreturned

Farmland and its uses on 16:43 - Apr 30 by Boundy

is a bugger to get rid of , the roots stay on or just below the surface and you need more that an axe to cut through them, believe me I know

Isnt Japanese knotweed a type of bamboo?
Farmland and its uses on 18:56 - Apr 30 with 835 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 17:50 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

Isnt Japanese knotweed a type of bamboo?

I don't think so although easy to think it is ,possibly just as evasive though.

Login to get fewer ads

Farmland and its uses on 20:17 - Apr 30 with 814 viewsmax936

Farmland and its uses on 18:56 - Apr 30 by Boundy

I don't think so although easy to think it is ,possibly just as evasive though.

Its rhubarb in it

We used to call it sally rhubarb when we were kids 50yrs ago

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Farmland and its uses on 20:50 - Apr 30 with 802 viewslifelong

Farmland and its uses on 20:17 - Apr 30 by max936

Its rhubarb in it

We used to use it to make pea shooters.
Farmland and its uses on 21:22 - Apr 30 with 780 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 20:17 - Apr 30 by max936

Its rhubarb in it

I still call it that as do my sons ., we used to drink the innards as a dare , not at all pleasant

Farmland and its uses on 21:49 - Apr 30 with 763 viewsmax936

Farmland and its uses on 21:22 - Apr 30 by Boundy

I still call it that as do my sons ., we used to drink the innards as a dare , not at all pleasant

We used to fight with the stuff, it would give you a nasty sting /burn if it caught you right, nothing like that to bring the red mist down

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Farmland and its uses on 10:42 - May 14 with 544 viewsunion_jack

Farmland and its uses on 21:49 - Apr 30 by max936

We used to fight with the stuff, it would give you a nasty sting /burn if it caught you right, nothing like that to bring the red mist down

10% set aside now postponed! They’re listening. And desperate.
[Post edited 14 May 11:28]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Farmland and its uses on 13:30 - May 14 with 492 viewsBoundy

Farmland and its uses on 10:42 - May 14 by union_jack

Until 2026 I believe, this isnt a UK based directive , the same is happening world wide , the question should be and loudly shouted out is WHY.

Farmland and its uses on 14:01 - May 14 with 458 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Farmland and its uses on 13:30 - May 14 by Boundy

Until 2026 I believe, this isnt a UK based directive , the same is happening world wide , the question should be and loudly shouted out is WHY.

Most people in India are living on the edge and survival is the focus, China will do what it likes regardless of what the population, Russia doesn't give a fcuk, Brazil is going in the wrong direction.
If anyone thinks the UK is going to solve the global issue they need their head read.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Farmland and its uses on 19:13 - May 14 with 396 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 14:01 - May 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Most people in India are living on the edge and survival is the focus, China will do what it likes regardless of what the population, Russia doesn't give a fcuk, Brazil is going in the wrong direction.
If anyone thinks the UK is going to solve the global issue they need their head read.

No one thinks UK is going to solve the global issue. The UK people and other Western countries are leaders where all other follow.

If this carbon market works in Europe and the developed world it is reasonable to assume it would be transferable to elsewhere including topical area and areas where deforestation is cracking on at a frightening pace. Also China and India.

The idea is to give finacial incentives to not destroy the environment. If it works in this experimental market it can be adopted elsewhere in the future. At present there is a finacial benefit in chopping down tropical forest and build palm oil plantations.

One concern it o how institution land owners would actually create wealth for local farmers.

At present we a sophisticated nation of Wales cannot keep our beautiful rivers like the wye fit for fish. There are chicken farms all along the waterway with 60 million birds. So how come planning permission was given?

Boris and co wanted 'to cut red tape' for businesses and this means a neutered toothless Environment agency and Welsh version. Cutting red tape means they can put guano in the river.
[Post edited 14 May 19:14]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Farmland and its uses on 20:38 - May 14 with 365 viewsSullutaCreturned

Farmland and its uses on 19:13 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

No one thinks UK is going to solve the global issue. The UK people and other Western countries are leaders where all other follow.

If this carbon market works in Europe and the developed world it is reasonable to assume it would be transferable to elsewhere including topical area and areas where deforestation is cracking on at a frightening pace. Also China and India.

The idea is to give finacial incentives to not destroy the environment. If it works in this experimental market it can be adopted elsewhere in the future. At present there is a finacial benefit in chopping down tropical forest and build palm oil plantations.

One concern it o how institution land owners would actually create wealth for local farmers.

At present we a sophisticated nation of Wales cannot keep our beautiful rivers like the wye fit for fish. There are chicken farms all along the waterway with 60 million birds. So how come planning permission was given?

Boris and co wanted 'to cut red tape' for businesses and this means a neutered toothless Environment agency and Welsh version. Cutting red tape means they can put guano in the river.

Point by point,

If we are leaders then why are the really big players not following? India, China, Russia AND the USA. They do as they please.

Deforestation, we are planting small amounts of trees but inother places they are chopping down thousands of acres of mature trees, it's disastrous. Palm oil....BAD

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20211025-palm-oil-the-everyday-ingredient-tha

I'm not aware that our environmental laws have been watered down since brexit. I stand to be corrected there. Weren't most of these chicken farms in place before we left the EU?
The Welsh version is as strong as the Senedd decides, if it is toothless it's not because of brexit but because of weak Welsh politicians who pronote rubbish ideas instead of doing what really works.
Farmland and its uses on 20:52 - May 14 with 357 viewsFlashberryjack

Farmland and its uses on 10:42 - May 14 by union_jack

Desperate and fearing the trough may be switched off.

Huw Irranca-Davies. Cabinet Secretary for Climate Change and Rural Affairs. doesn't know cow shite from chocolate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Farmland and its uses on 20:59 - May 14 with 357 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Farmland and its uses on 19:13 - May 14 by ReslovenSwan1

As planning is devolved you can see what a fcuk up this is rather than a well defined strategy.
The daily struggle of people in counties like India and China are far from life in Western Europe and governments in Russia and Brazil just are not interested and grow their emissions year at will.
There's a narrative about carbon that is not reflected in the issue of biodiversity. If I told you insect activity is down 70 percent in the last couple of decades you'll get an idea of the problem we face. Food chains collapsing and pollination rates dropping across the globe and we get told to buy a solar panel and an electric car.
CO2 is part of the natural system and can be managed, extinction of animals and plants is irreversible but you can't make money protecting habitats.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Farmland and its uses on 09:21 - May 15 with 291 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Farmland and its uses on 16:43 - Apr 30 by Boundy

It’s very useful though. Can be used for loads of things. Stronger than steel too.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Farmland and its uses on 10:25 - May 15 with 272 viewsbuilthjack

Farmland and its uses on 20:52 - May 14 by Flashberryjack

Desperate and fearing the trough may be switched off.

Huw Irranca-Davies. Cabinet Secretary for Climate Change and Rural Affairs. doesn't know cow shite from chocolate.

True story.
Fay Jones. MP for Brecon & Radnor.
Asks " Why do farmers use red diesel ? ".
History tells us she is a bit anti farming.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Farmland and its uses on 11:48 - May 15 with 254 viewsonehunglow

Farmland and its uses on 20:59 - May 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

As planning is devolved you can see what a fcuk up this is rather than a well defined strategy.
The daily struggle of people in counties like India and China are far from life in Western Europe and governments in Russia and Brazil just are not interested and grow their emissions year at will.
There's a narrative about carbon that is not reflected in the issue of biodiversity. If I told you insect activity is down 70 percent in the last couple of decades you'll get an idea of the problem we face. Food chains collapsing and pollination rates dropping across the globe and we get told to buy a solar panel and an electric car.
CO2 is part of the natural system and can be managed, extinction of animals and plants is irreversible but you can't make money protecting habitats.

Brilliant

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Farmland and its uses on 13:15 - May 15 with 239 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 20:38 - May 14 by SullutaCreturned

Point by point,

If we are leaders then why are the really big players not following? India, China, Russia AND the USA. They do as they please.

Deforestation, we are planting small amounts of trees but inother places they are chopping down thousands of acres of mature trees, it's disastrous. Palm oil....BAD

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20211025-palm-oil-the-everyday-ingredient-tha

I'm not aware that our environmental laws have been watered down since brexit. I stand to be corrected there. Weren't most of these chicken farms in place before we left the EU?
The Welsh version is as strong as the Senedd decides, if it is toothless it's not because of brexit but because of weak Welsh politicians who pronote rubbish ideas instead of doing what really works.

The policy of " cutting red tape" for business has been a favourite of political people for some time predating Brexit. I remember the " bonfire of quangos" 30 years ago.

India and China are developing nations who are slowly realizing they have to clean up. There is no point being rich and living in a shilt hole.

I am shocked in 2024 we are still taking about filthy alkaline rivers where fish cannot breathe. What have they been doing for 30 years. Send letters have meetings and achieving nothing..

Doing the right thing in UK is still the right thing irrespective of what others do. They want to live like us and even we have a lot to do.

Doing the

Farmland and its uses on 14:56 - May 15 with 216 viewsmajorraglan

Farmland and its uses on 20:38 - May 14 by SullutaCreturned

Point by point,

They’ve definitely been watered down since Brexit. There are now around 36 pesticides and poisons used in this bounty that are banned in the EU.

I appreciate the source is the Guardian which was anti Brexit and could therefore be perceived as biased, but it dimes things up pretty well. There are numerous other sources out there which corroborate what’s happening, but this article pulls a lot of it together.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/jan/19/the-uk-environmental-protect
Farmland and its uses on 18:03 - May 15 with 171 viewsReslovenSwan1

Farmland and its uses on 17:48 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

Even then, what happens to the co2 when the tree dies. it goes back to the atmosphere All life is carbon based. We cannot be carbon neutral, it's either in the atmosphere or the oceans. in other words it's all in equilibrium. Yes. it takes a long time, but this is what's been happening for ever

Experts claim the global warming is from the excessive use of fossil fuels. This is releasing heat energy and carbon formed in a geological period when the planet was a lot warmer. Biomass is considered green because the carbon emitted is from living trees not stored carbon in the ground from geological history. The fossil fuels release excess carbon ito the system such that it warms the planet and this is not harmonious. Given that the climates is always changing it is difficult to prove. I personally remember much colder winters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024