Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR 19:34 - Feb 16 with 2332 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What is the game or goal you have regretted missing whilst watching QPR? For example , mine is going for a p1ss then missing the goal vs Derby to make it 2-2 last season
Anyone got a worse one?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 01:33 - Feb 17 with 790 viewsSonofNorfolt

My one is an anti sort of moment.
Partisan Belgrade in '84.
As a twenty year old, Yugoslavia, as it was then, sounded adventurous, but after looking into it, and more importantly winning 6-2 in the first leg, I thought I would definitely go to the next round.
We all know the second leg score, our last foray into Europe.
Hopefully we are drawn in Serbia or anywhere, (the Faroes would be good I haven't been there) in the 2014 Europa League when I'm 50!
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 09:45 - Feb 17 with 769 viewsNorthernr

Left with the score at 4-1 at Port Vale, left with the score at 2-0 at Derby last season. Perhaps if I'd fcked off a bit earlier at Blackburn we'd have got a point.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 09:47 - Feb 17 with 769 viewsNorthernr

Oh, and also in the 2000/01 relegation season under first Francis and then Holloway we won one away game out of 23 in the whole season. It was a midweeker at Gillingham and it was one of only two away matches I missed that season.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 09:59 - Feb 17 with 766 viewskingo

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 01:33 - Feb 17 by SonofNorfolt

My one is an anti sort of moment.
Partisan Belgrade in '84.
As a twenty year old, Yugoslavia, as it was then, sounded adventurous, but after looking into it, and more importantly winning 6-2 in the first leg, I thought I would definitely go to the next round.
We all know the second leg score, our last foray into Europe.
Hopefully we are drawn in Serbia or anywhere, (the Faroes would be good I haven't been there) in the 2014 Europa League when I'm 50!

Snap, Me and Tom had arranged everything to go but then as we won so convincingly at Highbury we decided to arrange for the next round in Hungary, Videoton. Always regret not seeing us away in Europe.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 753 viewsrobith

I had been off work with what I'd been told was acute constipation as a result of the appendectomy I had in March all week in the run up to the Chelsea game. Sunday came, and I was no better, so I had to stay in bed watching on my laptop writhing around in agony. Being 27, we got relegated from the Prem when I was 11, so this was our first contest with Chelsea in the league when I was of an age to appreciate it. Was totally gutted. Even missed Heidar's goal because I was vomiting.

Anyway, the next day I went to the doctor's and they sent me back to hospital. Turned out I had a pelvic abscess the size of a cricket ball. Was in hospital for a month.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 744 viewsrongould

Always regret QPR 9 Tranmere Rovers 2. I have never seen Rangers beat Tranmere, my excuse I was in bed with my future wife.
v Newcastle 5-5, was on holiday on a river boat. Moored in Oxford, we were on Radio for the 2nd half, so pissed off hearing we were 4-0 down, I went to the pub.

Did see the 6-0 against Chelsea though. Easter, old Bill called the game forward, but very late in the day, so lots of people were turning up for a 3pm kick off, I was in The Crown and Sceptre having to tell people that not only had they missed the game, but that we stuffed the scum. Many refused to believe me until the score came up on the tele.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 744 viewsLOFT67

Missing the first semi final leg away in the league cup against Birmingham when Rangers one 4-1,it still makes me sad now 45 years later.

Loft67

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 12:01 - Feb 17 with 726 viewsreal_loftus

I watched the HQ "beam back" of the 1st leg play-off v. Oldham. But I was working and living in Belgium at the time, and couldn't get back for the home leg. I was sat up all evening, refreshing teletext every 30 seconds. I went bananas when the goal flashed up, but it never showed as a FT result on the screen. I had to wait until I got to work the next day & logged onto my PC to find out we'd actually won, then got to hear all the stories about the atmosphere and how HQ was rocking like never before that night. Gutted I missed that one.

ATAF.

Login to get fewer ads

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 12:40 - Feb 17 with 714 viewsqueensparker

This season against Chelsea! The only f--king home game I've missed

I had stupid amounts of work and a massive deadline, thought we would probably get stuffed anyway and couldn't face that, so made a last minute decision to watch a feed at home and finish all the work. Gave my ticket to my Mum.

What a prat. Still, managed to convert my Mum to the cause, she absolutely loved it
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 14:04 - Feb 17 with 699 viewsGetMeRangers

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:23 - Feb 16 by SonofNorfolt

It was 3-1 about 81ish.

That was the one
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 03:07 - Feb 18 with 659 viewsMatch82

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 19:55 - Feb 16 by Trom

Missing the Oldham home playoff game because work sent me overseas on short notice. Had to give my ticket to a mate who delighted in telling me its the best atmosphere he's seen down the Rs for many a year

Me too. Was at University up north and had an exam that afternoon so couldn't get down for it. Managed to make the final in Cardiff, although the extra time did mean I missed the connecting train in Birmingham so had to spend the night sleeping on the train platform!
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 03:26 - Feb 18 with 656 views1MoreBrightonR

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 03:07 - Feb 18 by Match82

Me too. Was at University up north and had an exam that afternoon so couldn't get down for it. Managed to make the final in Cardiff, although the extra time did mean I missed the connecting train in Birmingham so had to spend the night sleeping on the train platform!

Same...i was living in the States for the year and missed the play off semis. Worse though, I didn't go to hillsborough the year after because I was so supersticious that I thought me going would guarantee a loss. Fcking stupid on my part.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 03:53 - Feb 18 with 652 viewsMatch82

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 03:26 - Feb 18 by 1MoreBrightonR

Same...i was living in the States for the year and missed the play off semis. Worse though, I didn't go to hillsborough the year after because I was so supersticious that I thought me going would guarantee a loss. Fcking stupid on my part.

But, we here all commend you for it (just in case)
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:41 - Feb 18 with 625 viewseastside_r

Well glad I am not the only one nominating the 6-0. It was my first season of regular attendances. Although I had been a fan for a few years, it was the first time that my parents let me travel across London on my own to watch football.

Having admired from afar(ish) I was utterly captivated by the team and Loftus Road.) Unfortunately I was similarly enamoured with a girl at the youth club and they had arranged a day out on that Easter Monday.

When I got in I thought that the folks were taking the piss when they told me the score.

As mitigation, Gary Bannister repeated the hatrick the next season to my delight. Oh yes.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 09:26 - Feb 19 with 598 viewsMr_Rusty

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:41 - Feb 18 by eastside_r

Well glad I am not the only one nominating the 6-0. It was my first season of regular attendances. Although I had been a fan for a few years, it was the first time that my parents let me travel across London on my own to watch football.

Having admired from afar(ish) I was utterly captivated by the team and Loftus Road.) Unfortunately I was similarly enamoured with a girl at the youth club and they had arranged a day out on that Easter Monday.

When I got in I thought that the folks were taking the piss when they told me the score.

As mitigation, Gary Bannister repeated the hatrick the next season to my delight. Oh yes.

Having worked in IT for the last 20+ years, mine are the 6-0 final season game against Palace, as I was working on a major move at large German bank, the other being the 4-4 against Port Vale, due to another employer re-shuffle. For the Port Vale game it was on the box and turned it off at half time because of the piss taking from colleagues....
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 577 viewsisawqpratwcity

Not my missed moment, but a comment to add...The extra delight of listening to that fat tw*t Jimmy Greaves' exhilaration evaporate as QPR snatched the game back from Vale.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:28 - Feb 19 with 547 viewsxistens_pet

Trevor Sinclair's overhead kick against Barnsley in the FA Cup. The only home game I missed that season. Would love to have heard the reported second of stunned silence after it hit the net. A goal the likes of which had not been seen since Andy McDermott curled one in the top corner from right-back against Norwich the season before.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:24 - Feb 19 with 525 viewshamptonhillhoop

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:56 - Feb 16 by loftus77

It was our school fair in September 1984 on a Saturday afternoon - I had to go because I was playing in the band. Rangers were home to Newcastle that Saturday afternoon - the only home game I was to miss all season.

Heard on the radio that we were 0-4 down at half-time..you all know the rest...

If not, see Holloway's post above.

Still haunted to this day...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I was at a school fete that day. 14 years old. Crap choice that was
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:35 - Feb 19 with 524 viewscarrotcrunch_R

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:04 - Feb 16 by PeterHucker

I've been there for most things.
A couple of games in particular stand out.
I live up north these days and last season I was planning on driving down to see us play Reading away after finishing work early on Friday. But there was a lot of ice around and I didn't fancy an 8 hour round trip so I decided to watch it streaming on the laptop instead.
I still went crazy when Routeldge scored but every time they showed the crowd shots, I was gutted that I wasn't there.

Going back a bit further, when I lived down south I had a season ticket for about 15 years and only missed a handful of games in that time. Used to go to lots of away games too and I'd never miss a London away game.
But one year, my mates invited me to go away with them to Wales for New Year. I knew we were playing at Highbury but Arsenal were having a really good season so I thought to myself "I've been there loads of times, we're not going to win and this trip to Wales sounds great" so off I went.
Of course, that meant that I wasn't there when Jensen scored. Or Gallen. Or Allen, Or Impey.
As regrets go, it's one of the biggest ones I have. Right up there with selling my ticket to see the Smiths @ Brixton because I was skint and I said "it doesn't matter, I'll see them next time they tour!" I'm still waiting for that next tour!

went too every home game in the milk cup run in 86 but couldnt afford the ticket for the final so regretted it as we had a great team and run of form including the 6 0 of chelsea Dunno what happened to us in the final as i thought the result was a forgone conclusion
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 23:55 - Feb 19 with 516 viewscarrotcrunch_R

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 20:28 - Feb 19 by xistens_pet

Trevor Sinclair's overhead kick against Barnsley in the FA Cup. The only home game I missed that season. Would love to have heard the reported second of stunned silence after it hit the net. A goal the likes of which had not been seen since Andy McDermott curled one in the top corner from right-back against Norwich the season before.

with Trever sinclair,s goal previous too it i am sure we played ole football where barnsley could not get near the ball the full build up to the goal was not shown on motd and can remember feeling disapointed because it was so special in fact much better than the build up play to the poor related rooney goal that is why the two isnt even worth comparing.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 00:56 - Feb 20 with 507 viewsingeminate

Missed Watford away last season, not sure why I didn't go, perhaps because every other time I've gone we've been battered and I've had a nightmare getting back with trains not working etc - still watched it on-line and was guted to have missed. Still spent the night celebrating in Chelsea pubs in Clapham with other QPR but gutted didn't just go over.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 09:54 - Feb 20 with 486 viewsBathRanger

A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 21:08 - Feb 16 by Neil_SI

My biggest regret to this day was deciding at the last minute not to go to QPR v Barnsley in the FA Cup, seeing as we'd already beaten them 3-1 with John Spencer scoring a hat-trick, etc and I just assumed we'd win and as a wee lad decided to save my money for another league game.

And then Trevor Sinclair scored THAT goal. I'll hate myself forever for missing it.

Exactly the same regret for exactly the same reason for me.

I still consider it to be the greatest goal ever scored by anyone. If it had been Pele in the World Cup Final scoring that goal, it would always be top of the greatest goals lists.
A moment you have regretted missing at QPR on 10:11 - Feb 20 with 481 viewsdaveB

I missed the Trevor Sinclair goal as well, listened to it in a phone box in Middlesbrough via clubcall commerntary 0898 121162

two big ones i missed out though, first the 4-1 at Old Trafford, i went to buy a ticke with a man utd mate, we couldn't afford the fee for him to join the supporters club so he could get on the coach so we didn't go and I missed out.

The other is the 2-1 at Brentford when bircham scored, went to almost every away game that year but couldn't get a ticket, I was offered a seat in the home end on the day but turned it down and wish I hadn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024