Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team Vs Swansea 16:36 - Aug 12 with 5341 viewsrontheranger

I'm sure everyone thought it would Faulin and Diakite in midfield a few weeks ago but Saturday is probably a bit too soon for Faulin to Start and God knows whats happened to Diakite (???)... so who does everyone think will start???

Formally Lower Loft, Now S Block

Team Vs Swansea on 10:16 - Aug 13 with 1210 viewsbaz_qpr

Have we played 4-4-2 at all in this pre-season though?
Team Vs Swansea on 10:51 - Aug 13 with 1183 viewsbarbicanranger

Team Vs Swansea on 18:44 - Aug 12 by TacticalR

Can't leave out Taarabt. Him luuurves Swansea.

Agreed.
Team Vs Swansea on 12:56 - Aug 13 with 1137 viewssimmo

Team Vs Swansea on 10:51 - Aug 13 by barbicanranger

Agreed.

I really cant see him starting though, getting back on the Thursday to play Saturday after not training with the squad all week? Cant see it and its not as if we are forced to play him with the options we now have in midfield

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Team Vs Swansea on 13:04 - Aug 13 with 1124 viewsdaveB

Is Taarabt back playing with Morrocco now? I thought he'd been dropped

I've not really followed pre season for a change, what formation have we been playing?
Team Vs Swansea on 13:34 - Aug 13 with 1106 viewsbaz_qpr

Team Vs Swansea on 13:04 - Aug 13 by daveB

Is Taarabt back playing with Morrocco now? I thought he'd been dropped

I've not really followed pre season for a change, what formation have we been playing?

Not been to any games but from the reports its been 4-3-3
Team Vs Swansea on 13:34 - Aug 13 with 1106 viewsheadhoops

Team Vs Swansea on 18:58 - Aug 12 by daveB

assuming we sign no one else I reckon he'll go with

Green

Onoura
Ferdinand
Hill
Fabio

Hoilett
Diakite
Park
Taarabt

Zamora
Cisse

Tick

11 out of 11

Very good work.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Team Vs Swansea on 14:31 - Aug 13 with 1079 viewsPinnerPaul

Team Vs Swansea on 18:14 - Aug 12 by Northernr

I'll be amazed if Cisse doesn't start next week. Scored for fun since the moment he got here, including throughout this summer's pre-season.

80/1 top goalscorer 1/4 odds e/way 1,2,3,4 - only 9 months to wait - tempted?
Team Vs Swansea on 14:33 - Aug 13 with 1074 viewsNorthernr

Actually yes at 80/1. It's when you're backing over nine months at 11/4 that it seems daft to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Team Vs Swansea on 14:46 - Aug 14 with 1046 viewsPinnerPaul

Team Vs Swansea on 14:33 - Aug 13 by Northernr

Actually yes at 80/1. It's when you're backing over nine months at 11/4 that it seems daft to me.

Can see where you're coming from but see recent "Bets" thread!

The way the Prem is going - squads used to their fullest and players crying off with more & more injuries I think the top scorer is very open.

Obviously depends where RVP ends up, but even if at one of the Manchester clubs just can't see him being as dominant again.
Team Vs Swansea on 14:50 - Aug 14 with 1045 viewsNorthernr

Team Vs Swansea on 14:46 - Aug 14 by PinnerPaul

Can see where you're coming from but see recent "Bets" thread!

The way the Prem is going - squads used to their fullest and players crying off with more & more injuries I think the top scorer is very open.

Obviously depends where RVP ends up, but even if at one of the Manchester clubs just can't see him being as dominant again.

And what are the chances of RVP going through a season without a three month injury lay off? Last term was the first time I can ever remember him being fit for almost an entire year.
Team Vs Swansea on 14:55 - Aug 14 with 1036 viewsadhoc_qpr

It's difficult to tell who is in Hughes first choice team at the moment - Nelson joined up late due to the Olympics, Diakite isn't playing in Ramadan, Hoillet hasn't been fully involved either.

I haven't managed to see much from the pre-season about from a few minutes of highlights - are we deffo switching to a 4-3-3 then? Makes sense with our attacking options.
Team Vs Swansea on 14:56 - Aug 14 with 1034 viewsPinnerPaul

Team Vs Swansea on 14:50 - Aug 14 by Northernr

And what are the chances of RVP going through a season without a three month injury lay off? Last term was the first time I can ever remember him being fit for almost an entire year.

That is the worry with Cisse of course, that and the red cards!

Maybe 80/1 is a fair price after all!

Still will pay for my S/T if it comes in, Mrs PP had already spent the potential winnings on something much more boring when I mentioned that plan!
Team Vs Swansea on 14:59 - Aug 14 with 1032 viewsHAYESBOY

Green
Fabio Onouha Ferdinand Traore
Mackie Park Diakite Hoilett
Taraabt
Cisse.

If Diakite is fit available.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Team Vs Swansea on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 986 viewsDylanP

Green
Fabio Onouha Ferdinand Traore
Adel Park Diakite Hoilett
Zamora Cisse.

Johnson on the bench to come in if Zamora isn't effective. Mackie to come in if we need a lift late in the second half.

On paper this looks like 442, but really it is more like 433 as Taarabt never plays as a true winger and is free to roam from the wide left position to almost anywhere he wants as he goes forward -- as long as he tracks back on the left hand side when necessary. It worked well for Hughes/Adel towards the end of last season and I don't see why Hughes would change that now.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Team Vs Swansea on 22:34 - Aug 14 with 948 viewsJoolzz

green

fabio ferd hill traore
park diakite
swp hoilett
taarabt
cisse'

Have a sneaky feeling MH might start with SWP.Would love MH to be the man to bring best out of him.Was Hughes manager at Citeh when he was playing his best?,cos when he was,thought he was fantastic,and it would be a hell of a job to get him playing like that again.Whether he can or not,who knows.All i know,is that last season found him totally frustrating,not faulting his workrate,just his desicion making...he either holds on the the ball 3-4 touches too many,or passes it straight to the opposition.Dont know if its confidence or just not reading the game properly.He gets himself in so many good positions with his pace,he needs to start having end results.Fact that most people would start with Mackie ahead of SWP,is as much about Mackies improvement as SWP's decline.Would just like to think that he can learn and improve in the same way he has gone backwards.Also think he can do a job in CM if asked...
Team Vs Swansea on 22:49 - Aug 14 with 911 viewsDylanP

Team Vs Swansea on 22:34 - Aug 14 by Joolzz

green

fabio ferd hill traore
park diakite
swp hoilett
taarabt
cisse'

Have a sneaky feeling MH might start with SWP.Would love MH to be the man to bring best out of him.Was Hughes manager at Citeh when he was playing his best?,cos when he was,thought he was fantastic,and it would be a hell of a job to get him playing like that again.Whether he can or not,who knows.All i know,is that last season found him totally frustrating,not faulting his workrate,just his desicion making...he either holds on the the ball 3-4 touches too many,or passes it straight to the opposition.Dont know if its confidence or just not reading the game properly.He gets himself in so many good positions with his pace,he needs to start having end results.Fact that most people would start with Mackie ahead of SWP,is as much about Mackies improvement as SWP's decline.Would just like to think that he can learn and improve in the same way he has gone backwards.Also think he can do a job in CM if asked...

SWP has had his chances. Honestly, we have moved on and I don't see any reason to give him chance after chance. As you say, he gets in great positions, but does nothing. He can't shoot straight, he can't pass straight, he can cross. He has had a whole season to prove himself and what is the point of flogging a dead horse? Why keep a proven player on the bench (Zamora, Johnson, Mackie)in favour of something we all know is probably never going to happen?

Of course, we all remember how poor Paul Furlong was looking and it was only Oly's patience and faith in him that allowed him the time to prove himself. We know how that turned out, so hopefully I am wrong about SWP and he can make me eat my words!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Team Vs Swansea on 01:20 - Aug 15 with 889 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
As another poster pointed out we play 4-3-3 but on the attack, on the defence we revert to two banks of four as 4-4-2. Thus Hughes will go with:

Green

Fabio
Ferdinand
Onuoha
Traore

Mackie
Diakite
Park (c)

Taarabt
Zamora
Cisse

He always has a target man (Zamora) and Adel likes Swansea so, he will be in on his record alone. And also Hughes after Spurs and Arse sees him as a match winner. This with Cisse allows him to play his formation where the front 3 rotate around up front to cause the opposing defence nightmares as they do not know who to mark and when. We used to play this way back in the day with Wegerle, Sinton and Ferdinand/Falco if I remember correctly.

Mackie and Adel are supposed to run back when we do not have the ball and to be fair Adel does this now. Mackie also allows an outlet on the right and he has goals in him too as we know. Thats why Mackie will also be picked to make sure this team has lots of Goals in it.

Diakite and Park will be tasked with mopping up and creating break aways.

Swansea have pace in their front 3 therefore he will use Onuoha and Traore to combat this. The defence has to have pace against Sinclair and Dyer.

Key points will be our team from keeping themselevs from getting sent off with Swanseas tippy tappy stuff. If we dominate midfield then no problem. Diakite Park and Mackie should make that happen. Which is why Hughes will pick em.

Subs:
Cerny
Nelsen
Hill
Derry
Hoilett
SWP
Johnson

zzzzzzzzzz

Team Vs Swansea on 01:42 - Aug 15 with 883 viewsHongKongR

Team Vs Swansea on 18:44 - Aug 12 by BAWHoops

Will be

.....................Green.................
Onouha......Hill......Ferdinand....Fabio
.................Park...Diakite.........
Mackie.............Taarabt..........Hoillet
.....................Cisse.........................

Subs
Cerny, Nelsen, Derry, SWP, Johnson, Traore, Zamora

Agree exactly with this team & squad.
Team Vs Swansea on 08:12 - Aug 15 with 849 viewsVish

Team Vs Swansea on 01:42 - Aug 15 by HongKongR

Agree exactly with this team & squad.

i think Hughes will go 4-4-2 with Zamora and Cisse up front - simply as Zamora can be pretty decent holding up the ball.
Team Vs Swansea on 10:27 - Aug 15 with 829 viewsJonDoeman

Team Vs Swansea on 22:49 - Aug 14 by DylanP

SWP has had his chances. Honestly, we have moved on and I don't see any reason to give him chance after chance. As you say, he gets in great positions, but does nothing. He can't shoot straight, he can't pass straight, he can cross. He has had a whole season to prove himself and what is the point of flogging a dead horse? Why keep a proven player on the bench (Zamora, Johnson, Mackie)in favour of something we all know is probably never going to happen?

Of course, we all remember how poor Paul Furlong was looking and it was only Oly's patience and faith in him that allowed him the time to prove himself. We know how that turned out, so hopefully I am wrong about SWP and he can make me eat my words!

And it's this kind of attitude that will see the confidence and good form drain out of him , can't you all see the little fella just needs to be loved?

It Is What It Is !!

Team Vs Swansea on 10:44 - Aug 15 with 816 viewsadhoc_qpr

Amazingly we could still field almost an entire team of senior professionals who have no future at our club:

GK: Murphy
DR: Luke Young
DC: Connelly
DC: Ferdinand
DL: Hill
ML: Smith
MR: Dyer
MC: Ephraim
MC: Hargreaves
ST: Hulse
ST: Balanta

Hill and Anton excepted we definately still a bit of spring cleaning required in our squad!
Team Vs Swansea on 11:55 - Aug 15 with 799 viewsTacticalR

Team Vs Swansea on 10:27 - Aug 15 by JonDoeman

And it's this kind of attitude that will see the confidence and good form drain out of him , can't you all see the little fella just needs to be loved?

By 'this kind of attitude' you mean 'telling the truth'?

Air hostess clique

Team Vs Swansea on 12:18 - Aug 15 with 787 viewsWestbourneR

He won't start Mackie.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Team Vs Swansea on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 778 viewsJonDoeman

Team Vs Swansea on 11:55 - Aug 15 by TacticalR

By 'this kind of attitude' you mean 'telling the truth'?

No I mean, his own fans jumping on his back.

It Is What It Is !!

Team Vs Swansea on 12:28 - Aug 15 with 775 viewsJonDoeman

Team Vs Swansea on 12:18 - Aug 15 by WestbourneR

He won't start Mackie.

Bet he does, and Hoilett starts on the bench.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024