Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? 14:41 - Aug 16 with 2254 viewsTonto

Normally around now I cant wait for the season to start. This year, I'm a bit flat about it, not quite "can't be bothered" but heading in that direction. I reckon its probably becuase of the Olympics, becuase there are more reasons than most to be excited about the up coming season.

Am I the only one?

Don't get me wrong, i suspect it will change the moment I come out of White City on saturday, but right now, i keep forgetting its that close!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:18 - Aug 16 with 1805 viewsQPR_10

Yep, your the only one ;-)

"COME ON YOU SUPERHOOPS"

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 1786 viewsTonto

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:18 - Aug 16 by QPR_10

Yep, your the only one ;-)

I was beigining to thinhk that. over 60 folk have looked at this and no-one has said anything...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:22 - Aug 16 with 1775 viewskensalriser

The last time I felt that way I didn't bother to go to the first game. Won it 4-0, promoted as Champions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 1767 viewsdaveB

i wasn't fussed about the new season at the weekend with Olympic fever going on but after a few days without 24 hour live sport on tv I can't wait for the football to start again
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:24 - Aug 16 with 1764 viewsVish

Personally I can't wait.

New signings.
Good weather at the moment.
General feel good factor after the Olympics.

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 1748 viewsLewes_r

Im with you on this Tonto.. Although i suspect it will be the reverse of last season for me.. Couldnt wait last year then went to the Bolton game and had the will to live sapped from me.. This year we will hammer swansea by a similar score and i shall be looking forward to MOTD again

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:33 - Aug 16 with 1721 viewsMichael_Hunt

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:20 - Aug 16 by Tonto

I was beigining to thinhk that. over 60 folk have looked at this and no-one has said anything...

Well I'm 55 so I'm not sure if my input counts.

But to answer your original question; I'd say I'm slightly cautious of over expectation.

I think we'll do well to have 4 or 5 points after the first five games and am worried that the reaction of those supporters that are excited/expectant will turn too soon to negativity.

In fact when you look at the opening fixtures it soon becomes clear that Swansea becomes one of those "must win games" that everyone was banging on about last year.

A loss on the opening day could see mass hysteria.

Looking forward to the new season - yes; excited - no.
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:35 - Aug 16 with 1714 viewsNorthernr

I can't wait. The longing isn't as bad as previous years because I've had the Euros and Olympics to distract me but fck me I'm sick of pretending to care who can swim the fastest now and I want to get back to the serious business.
Login to get fewer ads

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:35 - Aug 16 with 1712 viewsTGRRRSSS

No your not I have to say I'm not especially excited, don't think it's just Limpics though just not overly excited about it all, probs won't get to a home game till Oct at earliest.
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:37 - Aug 16 with 1707 viewsHollowayRanger

bit worried we might win 4-0

as i dont want us doing a bolton

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:38 - Aug 16 with 1699 viewsadhoc_qpr

I can't go on Saturday which i'm pretty annoyed about but i'm really looking forward to the new season.

No reason to suspect Hughes and his coaching team can't turn us into a solid, formidable mid-table outfit, plus the signings of Hoillet, Park and Diakite give us a bit of glamour too.

Expectations are high but i think unless we are rock bottom after 10 games people will be happy to see how things go.
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:39 - Aug 16 with 1693 viewsHAYESBOY

It seems to have come upon us quick with the Euro's and Olympics squeezed into the summer.
This week though have been excited and cant wait for the season to start.

Smells like a trout farm in here

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:47 - Aug 16 with 1681 viewsGloucs_R

I'm looking forward to Saturday. The only thing that makes me nervous is the back 4, IMO we are a CB short and they haven't had enough time to play together.

Poll: Are we staying up?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:52 - Aug 16 with 1663 viewsJonDoeman

Get someone to check for a pulse Tonto!

It Is What It Is !!

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:57 - Aug 16 with 1651 viewsingeminate

I'm with you Tonto, def Olympics for me, normally by now I'm desperate to get a proper sports fix - still imagine come ten to 3 Sat and I'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 16:02 - Aug 16 with 1634 viewshopphoops

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 15:33 - Aug 16 by Michael_Hunt

Well I'm 55 so I'm not sure if my input counts.

But to answer your original question; I'd say I'm slightly cautious of over expectation.

I think we'll do well to have 4 or 5 points after the first five games and am worried that the reaction of those supporters that are excited/expectant will turn too soon to negativity.

In fact when you look at the opening fixtures it soon becomes clear that Swansea becomes one of those "must win games" that everyone was banging on about last year.

A loss on the opening day could see mass hysteria.

Looking forward to the new season - yes; excited - no.

This, more or less. I'm still recovering from the Man City game to be honest.

We look like we could be great going forward, but still only a couple of serious injuries away from struggling. I'm already worrying about Ale's knee... If we're safe before the last three games I won't be unhappy.

Still, can't wait for livestream Saturday

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 16:06 - Aug 16 with 1619 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 16:41 - Aug 16 with 1534 viewsLeedsR

Well I for one can't wait! Can't wait to see the new signings, can't wait to get back to LR, I feel like I'm a kid waiting for Christmas!!

And no, I don't for a moment think I have unreasonable expectations - if we improve on last year's finish, that'll do me. Anything more would be gravy.

Come on you Rs!!!
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 16:41 - Aug 16 with 1534 viewsgjc104

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 16:06 - Aug 16 by PinnerPaul

Yes

Ive been counting down the days since May the 13th!
The Olympics were a distraction for a bit, but now time for some real sport!
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 17:42 - Aug 16 with 1468 viewsLblock

I've always been excited about seasons as they approach -- every single one of the 28 or so I've been going

How any football fan doesn't look forward to a new campaign is beyond me - be it gallows dread, unrealistic hopes or confidence

BRING IT!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 18:35 - Aug 16 with 1398 viewsted_hendrix

Anyone who isn't excited about walking down Loftus Road on Saturday for the start of the new season is weird.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 18:43 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewsAunt_Nelly

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 18:35 - Aug 16 by ted_hendrix

Anyone who isn't excited about walking down Loftus Road on Saturday for the start of the new season is weird.

Weird and wacky?
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 23:08 - Aug 16 with 1286 viewsted_hendrix

I'm even more excited about Saturday's game now, the thought of bearing witness to Stéphane Mbia's enormous unshackled knob wrapping Itself around Danny Grahams throat and throttling the bastard has got to be worth the entrance money alone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 00:35 - Aug 17 with 1224 viewsshrewranger

last year i was scared,this year i'm excited.
am I the only one who hasn't got really excited about the new season? on 00:59 - Aug 17 with 1213 viewsDaiHo0p

I'ts gonna be like breathing for the first time, having broke through the scrambled expensive albumen of Olympic Mess ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024