Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Man Management 12:37 - Sep 7 with 6340 viewsjimmya

Hogan lets us know that he found out he was in the 25 man squad via Twitter when everyone was congratulating him - http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/070912-hogans-personal-challenge-357621.aspx

Add this to players numbers changing ( Faurlin ) without being told, does not sound very healthy if you ask me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Poor Man Management on 12:39 - Sep 7 with 5232 viewsTonto

final straw - sack Hughes!!!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Poor Man Management on 12:41 - Sep 7 with 5208 viewsjimmya

Poor Man Management on 12:39 - Sep 7 by Tonto

final straw - sack Hughes!!!

We need to keep Hughers, but basic management skills to give someone good news as a motivator and then tell them what he expects from them etc....
Poor Man Management on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 5204 viewssimmo

"Hughes said publicly, as well as privately to Ephraim, that the former West Ham man would be in his squad"

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Poor Man Management on 12:53 - Sep 7 with 5154 viewsdaveB

Hughes told him he would be in the squad, it's written in the same article so why start a thread saying he wasn't told. Why put such a negative spin on a positive story?
Poor Man Management on 13:08 - Sep 7 with 5097 viewsjimmya

Poor Man Management on 12:53 - Sep 7 by daveB

Hughes told him he would be in the squad, it's written in the same article so why start a thread saying he wasn't told. Why put such a negative spin on a positive story?

Fair doos, will teach me to scan read at work, end of thread!!!
Poor Man Management on 14:06 - Sep 7 with 4977 viewsNorthernr

He's getting the Ale Faurlin death stare in the background on that pic as well.
Poor Man Management on 14:30 - Sep 7 with 4914 viewsBklynRanger

What exactly has happened with Ale's number then? I probably missed any story on it and that new official website is a giant bag of toss.
Poor Man Management on 14:37 - Sep 7 with 4888 viewsthemodfather

Poor Man Management on 14:30 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

What exactly has happened with Ale's number then? I probably missed any story on it and that new official website is a giant bag of toss.

hughes is the manager
he names his team and squad and that's that imo.
shirt numbers, surely not that important (bar the no 10) ?
i am glad hogan is getting a chance cos i felt he was out of the door ages back, we have huge games to play..carry on!
Login to get fewer ads

Poor Man Management on 15:08 - Sep 7 with 4836 viewsbosh67

Re Faurlin he asked for number 32. Tevez, his fellow compatriot also wears or asks for 32. The number has meaning in Argentina.

Re Hogan, he had already been told he was in the squad by Hughes. He simply found out via twitter that the squad numbers had been released at that moment.

Not too sure there's much in poor man management issues on these ones. Faurlin wanted that number, Hogan already knew he was in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Poor Man Management on 15:09 - Sep 7 with 4833 viewsdaveB

Poor Man Management on 15:08 - Sep 7 by bosh67

Re Faurlin he asked for number 32. Tevez, his fellow compatriot also wears or asks for 32. The number has meaning in Argentina.

Re Hogan, he had already been told he was in the squad by Hughes. He simply found out via twitter that the squad numbers had been released at that moment.

Not too sure there's much in poor man management issues on these ones. Faurlin wanted that number, Hogan already knew he was in.

apart from that though it was terrible management
Poor Man Management on 15:16 - Sep 7 with 4823 viewsJamie

Poor Man Management on 15:08 - Sep 7 by bosh67

Faurlin tweeted that he had no say in the matter. His girlfriend/wife then retweeted numerous fans comments saying it was a disgrace he'd lost #11.

@alefaurlin
Wasn't my choice guys!! It's just what I found out today!!
7:25pm - 16 Aug 12
Poor Man Management on 15:17 - Sep 7 with 4817 viewsdaveB

Poor Man Management on 15:16 - Sep 7 by Jamie

Faurlin tweeted that he had no say in the matter. His girlfriend/wife then retweeted numerous fans comments saying it was a disgrace he'd lost #11.

@alefaurlin

he looked bothered in the two games he played. He lost the number 18 the other year as well with no bother. It's only a number
Poor Man Management on 15:29 - Sep 7 with 4797 viewsWokingR

Seriously !? You ought to be working for the Daily Mail if you can make a story out of such a non event.
How do you know that Hogan hadn't been on the golf course all afternoon, had his phone off and missed numerous calls from Mark Hughes?
Just because he got the information from Twitter first doesn't tell you any more than that let alone suggest a problem
Poor Man Management on 15:31 - Sep 7 with 4794 viewsBklynRanger

This is what happens now we've become a 'Big Club' - spin, intrigue and marketing everywhere.

Bring back Paladini and his alleged half-time assailants I say ;)
Poor Man Management on 15:42 - Sep 7 with 4764 viewsCharlie1

Poor Man Management on 15:31 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

This is what happens now we've become a 'Big Club' - spin, intrigue and marketing everywhere.

He's back!

2:59 baby!

Poor Man Management on 15:46 - Sep 7 with 4759 viewsBklynRanger

Poor Man Management on 15:42 - Sep 7 by Charlie1

He's back!

Who - Paladini? Stop rumour-mongering...
Poor Man Management on 16:01 - Sep 7 with 4726 viewsblacky200

Poor Man Management on 15:31 - Sep 7 by BklynRanger

Yep bring back Gp then we get back to normal rumours like the players being locked out of the training ground etc
Poor Man Management on 16:35 - Sep 7 with 4687 viewsOakwoodR

There would only be a story if he found out he wasn't in the 25 via twitter after being told previously he was in.
I doubt any of the 24 other players received a congratulatory phone call or telegram either.
Poor Man Management on 16:47 - Sep 7 with 4669 viewsTrom

@alefaurlin

Good lord - my number's changed it's a disgrace. Anyone getting up set by a number seriously needs to man up.
Poor Man Management on 17:02 - Sep 7 with 4651 viewsMatch82

Poor Man Management on 16:47 - Sep 7 by Trom

Good lord - my number's changed it's a disgrace. Anyone getting up set by a number seriously needs to man up.

Doesn't say there that he's upset or even bothered about it though.

Sounds more like someone has said "why has your number changed, I got a shirt with your name and number last year" and Ale has responded that this wasn't a choice he'd made.

At no point does he actually say he's upset. Storm in a teacup I reckon

Edit: Sorry, I see the link you referred to above. Maybe he was bothered! As long as he doesn't let it affect his performance (can't see why it would) it doesn't really matter
Poor Man Management on 17:06 - Sep 7 with 4638 viewsbmouth_rs

can't believe this thread is worthy of any never mind 20 posts ....
Poor Man Management on 17:20 - Sep 7 with 4615 viewsted_hendrix

Squad numbers?

Yea what a bastard that must be losing a squad number as opposed to say losing you're job, now that would be an arse.

How about just shutting the fck up and get on with what you're paid handsomely to do.

Squad number my @rse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Poor Man Management on 17:41 - Sep 7 with 4577 viewsbosh67

@alefaurlin

Well, all I know is that when the numbers were being issued he asked for number 32 because it is a lucky number in Argentina, which is also why Tevez wears that number at City.

I do worry about the validity of the person saying they are X on Twitter actually being X? For example my tweet sign is @KeiraKnightley . You should see the crap I get and tweet out! Who do they think I am? I'm a 45 year old man - and my tits are bigger than hers!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Poor Man Management on 08:24 - Sep 8 with 4314 viewstimcocking

Personally, i'd be peeved if they took my number away without telling me. I've always loathed wearing a number which isn't between 2 and 11.

That said, 50k a week and i could probably live with it...
Poor Man Management on 08:39 - Sep 8 with 4297 viewsJamie

Poor Man Management on 17:41 - Sep 7 by bosh67

Well, all I know is that when the numbers were being issued he asked for number 32 because it is a lucky number in Argentina, which is also why Tevez wears that number at City.

I do worry about the validity of the person saying they are X on Twitter actually being X? For example my tweet sign is @KeiraKnightley . You should see the crap I get and tweet out! Who do they think I am? I'm a 45 year old man - and my tits are bigger than hers!

Every QPR player on twitter follows @alefaurlin and regularly interact with it, as do the owners of the club, so you can safely say that the person who says they didnt choose to lose the #11 shirt is infact Alejandro Faurlin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024