Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This could be our best ever team 14:17 - Sep 16 with 2139 viewshoof_hearted

yeah, yeah we didn't win but I think we looked classy and accomplished against the champions of europe (painful and clearly not the best in europe but it is a fact).

We've seen better blood and guts performances and we've seen high scoring wins but the overall quality of the team performance has to be the best I've seen since the glory days of 1976 and it has to get better as they gel more and more.

I think I may actually be right (and currently sober).

This could be our best ever team on 14:28 - Sep 16 with 1755 viewsrongould

I read your headline and thought No, the mid 70's team were better, but then I read all of the post. I agree this must be the best team that we have had for many years, and will go on to great things. Perhaps starting with winning The League (or whatever it is called) Cup
This could be our best ever team on 14:56 - Sep 16 with 1703 viewskropotkin41

Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing myself. Now times have changed since we came so close to winning the league, so comparisons are difficult, but this has got to be the best squad we have had since then, and, it has to be admitted that the potential is there for the start of an amazing time to be an Rs fan!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

This could be our best ever team on 15:10 - Sep 16 with 1680 viewsTacticalR

Let's actually win a match before we get carried away.

Air hostess clique

This could be our best ever team on 15:59 - Sep 16 with 1634 viewshoof_hearted

This could be our best ever team on 15:10 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

Okay - I have no proof. But nor does anyone who says otherwise.

In the 70's the dividison one top players went to Italy which was the best league and attracted the players from top clubs around the world.

We've just signed players from top Italian, Spanish and French clubs.

9 of the 15 who played for us yesterday have had full international caps. The non-capped players are Grenaro (spanish U21), Onuoha (captain of England U21 and rejected Nigeria full cap in the hope of playing for England), Fabio (Brazilian U17), Ferdinand (England U21) and Faurlin (the failure of the squad!!!!!!).

2 have won the Champions league. Probably a couple of world cups in there somewhere but my anorak zip is broken so I can't check.

So we aren't the best in this country (yet) but we are the best we have ever been.

AT(may well be)AF

This could be our best ever team on 16:25 - Sep 16 with 1584 viewsNov77

Haven't won a game yet or scored a goal at home and we're the best team we've ever had.

we've got 4 points less than we had from the corresponding fixtures last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

This could be our best ever team on 17:39 - Sep 16 with 1506 viewskropotkin41

This could be our best ever team on 16:25 - Sep 16 by Nov77

Haven't won a game yet or scored a goal at home and we're the best team we've ever had.

we've got 4 points less than we had from the corresponding fixtures last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Now you're just being picky!

When you put it like that it does sound a strange idea, but wait and see. I don't think Chelsea went easy on us; I don't think we were lucky to get a draw; we played the European Champions yesterday, a club that spent more on one player than we spent in total in the summer, and we looked their equals.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

This could be our best ever team on 00:02 - Sep 17 with 1330 viewssmegma

This could be our best ever team on 15:10 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

Or score a goal at home in the league.
This could be our best ever team on 04:50 - Sep 17 with 1278 viewsMelakaRanger

I believe this is the most 'promising' team we have had since the mid 70's

But it has yet to win, yet to score at home and yet to start that habit of winning.

It will need to go some to be seen as better than the '76 team but all the building blocks are there.

So I reckon this is NOT the best team ever but that it could easily become so over the next season or two.
Login to get fewer ads

This could be our best ever team on 07:38 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewsNeil_SI

There's no doubt that we played well, but we've got good players and we've had good players for a while. The difference is; we've not had them playing consistently well or competing for the entire 90 minutes.

And that's the name of the game. They've got to reproduce the performance they delivered against Chelsea week in, week out, game after game. Not just as a one off however pleasing this display was.

It's no use turning up 100% focused just because it's Chelsea. That's the challenge for the squad, they've got to follow this up and post more good performances and find a consistency to their play.

We still need to work on our attacking play too and find a system and pattern that suits us, so there's more work to be done.
This could be our best ever team on 07:42 - Sep 17 with 1221 viewsHoopstar

This could be our best ever team on 15:59 - Sep 16 by hoof_hearted

Okay - I have no proof. But nor does anyone who says otherwise.

In the 70's the dividison one top players went to Italy which was the best league and attracted the players from top clubs around the world.

We've just signed players from top Italian, Spanish and French clubs.

9 of the 15 who played for us yesterday have had full international caps. The non-capped players are Grenaro (spanish U21), Onuoha (captain of England U21 and rejected Nigeria full cap in the hope of playing for England), Fabio (Brazilian U17), Ferdinand (England U21) and Faurlin (the failure of the squad!!!!!!).

2 have won the Champions league. Probably a couple of world cups in there somewhere but my anorak zip is broken so I can't check.

So we aren't the best in this country (yet) but we are the best we have ever been.

AT(may well be)AF

Nit-picker here. Surely we only played 14 players on Sat? On top of that Fabio is a full international (2 caps for Brazil) and we had three champions league winners on the pitch in Cesar, Bosingwa and Cisse.
This could be our best ever team on 11:21 - Sep 17 with 1135 viewsdaveB

people said the same thing last season after a 0-0 with Newcastle and that greatest side for a generation was replaced by the championship team within two months. We look good but haven't won a game yet so lets not go crazy
This could be our best ever team on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 1115 viewssimmo

Time will tell but if they carry on the way they have started Faurlin and Granero could be the best central midfield we have had in years. Maybe ever given the potential they still have. Unbelievable players for QPR to have

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This could be our best ever team on 12:03 - Sep 17 with 1100 viewsEastR

We will get minimum 4 points from the next 2 league games

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

This could be our best ever team on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 1069 viewshoops_legend

This could be our best ever team on 12:03 - Sep 17 by EastR

We will get minimum 4 points from the next 2 league games

We will actually get a minimum of 0 points. 4 points is the amount you would like to expect rather than as any sort of base.

This could be our best ever team on 17:16 - Sep 17 with 997 viewslondonscottish

This could be our best ever team on 11:21 - Sep 17 by daveB

people said the same thing last season after a 0-0 with Newcastle and that greatest side for a generation was replaced by the championship team within two months. We look good but haven't won a game yet so lets not go crazy

Very true. I bumped into a Rangers mate on Sunday and was trying to describe the performance to him and said "remember the Newcastle home game.....? It was just like that game".

I like to think that the wheels won't fall off so spectacularly this season as there's a lot more substance behind the scenes.

But, really, who knows?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This could be our best ever team on 19:30 - Sep 17 with 943 viewsLowerloftLad

Less points but instead of playing bolton and wigan swap them for chelsea and man city

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This could be our best ever team on 19:30 - Sep 17 with 943 viewsLowerloftLad

Less points but instead of playing bolton and wigan swap them for chelsea and man city

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This could be our best ever team on 21:52 - Sep 17 with 913 viewsjjc1964

Where do Mbia and Diakite fit in the squad when they return. Can Taraabt fill his #10 jersey and fill in for AJ?
This could be our best ever team on 22:23 - Sep 17 with 896 viewsderbyhoop

Long, long way to go before it matches the 75/76 team.

But, the signs are promising. We only have 2 points and haven't scored at home, but we have played, possibly, the teams that will finish first and second. Neither will be outside the top 4 and that's a certainty.

I'd be surprised if we're anywhere near the bottom 3 at the end of October.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This could be our best ever team on 23:22 - Sep 17 with 870 viewsdaveB

since the 76/76 team we've had 3 sides who have finished 5th, this current side is nowhere near as good as those ones imo. For me we are still weak at left back and up front and don't really have a balance to the team, this league is very tough and we'll do well to finish in a similar position to Norwich last season, i just think to talk of a greatest ever team after a 0-0 draw is a bit premature.
This could be our best ever team on 10:14 - Sep 18 with 827 viewshoof_hearted

This could be our best ever team on 23:22 - Sep 17 by daveB

since the 76/76 team we've had 3 sides who have finished 5th, this current side is nowhere near as good as those ones imo. For me we are still weak at left back and up front and don't really have a balance to the team, this league is very tough and we'll do well to finish in a similar position to Norwich last season, i just think to talk of a greatest ever team after a 0-0 draw is a bit premature.

Part of the point is that the Premier League is now at a level far higher than any top level league of whatever name that we previously played in. I would say that the Championship is about the level of the old first division bar the top few at that time. So if we are mid-table this season that will outrank all but 75/76.

Another part of the point was that we have never had a team with world cup winners and champions of europe in it so we have the best team ON PAPER at least.

As has been so rightly pointed out above, though - let's win an effing game and prove it
This could be our best ever team on 10:32 - Sep 18 with 806 viewskensalriser

This could be our best ever team on 23:22 - Sep 17 by daveB

Don't sweat it Dave, after we fail to annihilate Spurs next week we'll be lucky to stay up and at least half the team will need replacing.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

This could be our best ever team on 12:03 - Sep 18 with 786 viewsWokingR

Make a list of all the doom mongerers on here and when you post about how well we are doing in a few months time, either name and shame them all or add them all to your 'ignore' list
This could be our best ever team on 13:31 - Sep 18 with 756 viewshoof_hearted

I just dream of seeing us win one major trophy before I die
This could be our best ever team on 13:35 - Sep 18 with 749 viewsDesertBoot

Let's see how we get on against the likes of Reading and Southampton in the league before we get carried away.
Easy to raise your game in a London derby in a game with so much media hype around it.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024