Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? 10:37 - Nov 27 with 2013 viewsHollowayRanger

thought id ask now before Harry Starts to upset some of us and people start coming on here saying i never wanted him he's rubbish a money grabber ect ect

i for one cant stand him but am very pleased we have him , as to me he's the only manager that was really available that has a hope in hell of saving us

we come a long way to be able to get a man who was favourite for the england job just a year ago

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 10:51 - Nov 27 with 1478 viewsessextaxiboy

Yep , the best candidate for this job in this situation IMO
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:04 - Nov 27 with 1452 viewsJuzzie

I think there was mixed feelings when Warnock arrived but that soon changed.

"he may be a plonker, but he's our plonker" .... something along those lines.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:16 - Nov 27 with 1428 viewsShotKneesHoop

Do we have any option but 'Arryboy? No.

Hughes would never have kept us up but keeping him might have forced him to become a good manager. Forget that I ever thought that, no, it wouldn't. That's as bad as thinking that under 'Arry, SWP might look up before he shoots, passes, kicks, traps a ball.

'Arry is our only chance. If we win tonight, it might just turn things around.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:19 - Nov 27 with 1419 viewsrobith

I'm not really very happy.

Not job wise, he's the right man for the immediate situation we find ourselves in, but long term I'm not so sure. I also hope Fernandes follows Levy's lead and lets him nowhere near the cheque book.

My main issue is he's an absolutely corrupt bellend. But needs must. So I'll bite my lip and get behind the team.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:22 - Nov 27 with 1411 viewshoopstilidie

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:19 - Nov 27 by robith

Not job wise, he's the right man for the immediate situation we find ourselves in, but long term I'm not so sure. I also hope Fernandes follows Levy's lead and lets him nowhere near the cheque book.

My main issue is he's an absolutely corrupt bellend. But needs must. So I'll bite my lip and get behind the team.

^ Pretty much this.

Plus side is he's a man manager. We have decent players that haven't put in a shift, he's capable of getting them to work and that should suffice in improving us.

He's here now, gets my 100% backing, same as Hughes did and I didn't want him either.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:29 - Nov 27 with 1397 viewsQPR1882

'Arry is sadly not the answer but he is in a win win situation so there is no pressure on him. If we stay up then he becomes a hero,if we go down then he had no chance of keeping us up after the mess MH left us in,very much like Alan Shearer was when he took over at Newcastle.

'Arry seems to be the fans choice and it seems the owners have gone along with the fans wishes,but who else did they talk to ? was there only candidate 'Arry ? if so that is very poor management.

My choice would have been Martinez and yes i know he is already in a job, remember Aston Villa asking the question ? why didn't we.

For the clubs saviour 'Arry has a very poor record for relegating teams.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:30 - Nov 27 with 1388 viewspomanjou

Corrupt. "Having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain". "Absolutely corrupt bellend".
Thats a bit strong.

He's absolutely right for the circumstances we find ourselves in. In fact we are lucky cos there are probably none better motivators and he was available.

For his own sake I think he should have called it a day after leaving Spurs on a high. The England job, or the Ukraine for that matter, would not suit Harry and lil ol QPR may be a stretch to far for him personally.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:33 - Nov 27 with 1376 viewsMedwayR

Pretty much how I feel, short term he's the answer. I hope he'll see out his contract having established us in the prem allowing us to appoint a good young manager for the long term.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:39 - Nov 27 with 1362 viewsQPR_Jim

I was talking to my friend about this the other day, his appointment has put me in a tricky position as I didn't want him to get the England Job as I thought of his as a wheeler dealer type who always needs to be signing players. But if we're to stay up he's going to need together some points before Jan with his current squad using motivation, tactics and by making the squad into a team. These are all key elements to saving our season but also key attributes to international management as well.

Personally I feel it brings renewed hope and energy to the club, the fans and hopefully the players. It's the sense of the unknown that gives me optimism as we knew what we would get under Hughes to a certain extent. Harry gives us the hope that he might be able to get more out of the players or alternatively pick other players who have been overlooked who can do the job better.

This optimism could well disappear within a few games if we fail to win and Harry seems to have no solutions on how to resolve.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:46 - Nov 27 with 1352 viewsStraightR

I think Harry is the only alternative we have at this point. He may keep us up, he may not, but I really doubt Hughes would have done. It's something of a short term gamble by the owners IMO.

Whether or not he is the right man for the future is a slightly different question. It depends what the owners envisage the future as being. I know Sky money is important to the shareholders of course but, maybe naively, I hope that they will stick with the club should we be relegated. I also hope that, whatever league we play in, they have some kind of strategy in place as to how to develop the club to establish financial security, develop the youth squad, forge links with the community and all the things most fans would probably like. That longer term plan may not include Harry, on age grounds if nothing else.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:47 - Nov 27 with 1348 viewsgazza1

All in all - yes.....there are a lot worse out there. I have my concerns as well but if he keeps us up then he has done very well.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:49 - Nov 27 with 1346 viewsHAYESBOY

He was easily the best option available.

I am optimistic we can give it a go now, before we were dead in the water.

If the timing had been right, and i know many would not agree with this, i would have taken Ollie back.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:51 - Nov 27 with 1340 viewsWokingR

And that, everybody, is why we are SO much better than those knobs up the road at Chelsea.
We will support him because he is OUR manager

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 11:58 - Nov 27 with 1319 viewsQPRski

Harry is a manager of the Warnock mould. Old fashioned yes, but a good man motivator with good football tactical acumen. I l was impressed by his turnaround of the Spurs team and like the style of football they played. With transfers he is a bit of a wheeler-dealer (as Warncck).

For our predicament of today, I cannot see anyone better than him to attempt this "great escape". We have a chance but it wil not be easy.

Hopefully he will keep us up and after a consolidation period (his contract) will handover to a younger modern performing manager.

I truely wish him wrell and would love him to start with a victory tonight and follow that up with antoher against Villa. Hero status would be guaranteed not to mention a massive morale boost to the team and all fans.

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:03 - Nov 27 with 1304 viewsWanderR

He's a Premier League Warnock, Warnock 2.0, and since I wasn't particularly happy with NW's sacking, I am pleased that we have someone who is a bit more QPR managing us again.He has the best shot of anyone available to keep us up and restore the fun factor after the decidedly grey Hughes era.

As mentioned, he's not a long term choice, but unless we stay up this year then there will be no long term.

In an ideal world, I would want to oversee our survival this year and consolidate our position next year, maybe even push for one of those European cup slots we were dreaming about when MH came in. He will be 67 by then and presumably look to retire at which point we do a proper search for a replacement, interview the candidate, not the other way around and hire a young and hungry manager will be with us for five years or more to see through TF's long term ambitions.

Current location: OX10

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:10 - Nov 27 with 1281 viewsRanger78

Its a tough one. I am 50/50

I actually cant stand him as a man, he gets right under my skin, far to much talking non relevant nonsense!! I cant stand how he claims to be a man of the people. He is very good at PR but I have never brought it.

Having said that, do I think there is anybody else who could keep us up... Probably not! So in that sense I am glad he is here.

I would prefer it to be a short term contract with a golden handshake at the end. I would then like somebody to come in and give us the stability we crave, be here for years to come and help rebuild the club. Someone like Gus Poyet, Malky Mckay or dare I say it.. Roberto Di Matteo??

My big fear ia if we go down.. If this gamble doesnt pay off but I think as far as the board are concerned, it has to be a gamble worth taking.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:19 - Nov 27 with 1255 viewsQPR_10

Was worried weeks ago when the "rumours" first started, but now he says he rates Adel, I'm "over the moon"
Should of got him ages ago :-)

"COME ON YOU SUPERHOOPS"

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:37 - Nov 27 with 1224 viewsJim

Good call. I think Fernandes has made another knee jerk reaction, just like Mark Hughes. Who is available, Oh, Mark Hughes. Who is available now, Oh, Harry Redknapp. They are the decisions of an amateur. Hughes was on a downward spiral when we got him, Redknapp is now on one too, having been sacked and missing out on the England job. Two bitter men who will drive us into the dust. Fernandes has been a disaster. Why sack the manager, anyway. The players hate each other. Harry won't mend that fractured dressing room. Many will be allies of Hughes, who brought them in on inflated wages. They will be even more upset he has gone. Bring back Ray Wilkins, that's what I say.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:40 - Nov 27 with 1215 viewsAlbRanger

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:03 - Nov 27 by WanderR

He's a Premier League Warnock, Warnock 2.0, and since I wasn't particularly happy with NW's sacking, I am pleased that we have someone who is a bit more QPR managing us again.He has the best shot of anyone available to keep us up and restore the fun factor after the decidedly grey Hughes era.

As mentioned, he's not a long term choice, but unless we stay up this year then there will be no long term.

In an ideal world, I would want to oversee our survival this year and consolidate our position next year, maybe even push for one of those European cup slots we were dreaming about when MH came in. He will be 67 by then and presumably look to retire at which point we do a proper search for a replacement, interview the candidate, not the other way around and hire a young and hungry manager will be with us for five years or more to see through TF's long term ambitions.

I also feel he's a PL version of Warnock - very happy indeed.

Still think we'll survive comfortably.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:42 - Nov 27 with 1209 viewsmikeygunn

A big yes from me, I didnt believe I was ever going to get excited about watching QPR again and all of a sudden I have some optimism about the situation. Arry's Blue & white army!!
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 1204 viewswestolian

yes

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:47 - Nov 27 with 1185 viewssimmo

Excited and terrified at the same time. Perfect for QPR

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:50 - Nov 27 with 1175 viewsTrom

Massively happy. This is a man who was managing in the champions league with a team he'd turned round at Spurs and hotly tipped for the England job.

We are a club bottom of the league with an 18K stadium capacity.

There are no guarantees in life or football but I struggle to see how we could have appointed a better manager in the circumstances.
Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:50 - Nov 27 with 1174 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not really.

Good manager. Bad man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is everyone HAPPY to have Harry as manager?? on 12:52 - Nov 27 with 1170 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry Redknapp comes from an era of English football where the game as bent as the Metropolitan Police, and open to financial malfeasance....what's new! I should point out the most intense investigations of tax evasion where made against Harry and he was found not guilty. Not even Rosie or Sandra where implicated. Did we all take the moral high ground when Terry Venables was our Manager and got his company to fit a plastic pitch? Nope! we just remember giving the Shed a kicking and winning the Chelsea game, it's just Terry, he's a crafty cockney. Harry is no more than that.
Just what alternative the Board had I do not know, you can talk as much as you want but can a Club actually sign any Manager that is currently employed?
The repeated line of why don't we talk with Martinez, how? and why? He can't and wouldn't come.
This football club is bottom of the league and has a squad that can hardly put a side together of 11 players plus a subs bench in their natural positions.
Happy with Harry, doesn't matter whether we are or not, there was no choice.
Me, Happy with Harry, i think it's the perfect marriage. plays good football, knows the simple game, try's to win games on the front foot, treats players with the respect they deserve...this time it will be proven case if performances don't improve, it will be the players fault and we will go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024