Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three favourite films of all time 11:14 - Feb 6 with 28435 viewsKonk

Inspired by the three favourite albums thread and bored silly at work, I've taken the bold decision to launch a thread titled, "Three favourite films of all time".

In no particular order:

Rushmore
It's a wonderful life
Miller's Crossing

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Three favourite films of all time on 08:44 - Feb 7 with 15347 viewsisawqpratwcity

Agree that Life of Brian is the best comedy ever, but don't forget Blazing Saddles, The Producers (original), Holy Grail and In Bruges, all not yet mentioned.

Others not yet voted for: No Country For Old Men, A Bridge Too Far and almost anything with Fred Astaire or made by Powell and Pressburger.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Three favourite films of all time on 09:28 - Feb 7 with 15309 views18StoneOfHoop

Three favourite films of all time on 08:44 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

Agree that Life of Brian is the best comedy ever, but don't forget Blazing Saddles, The Producers (original), Holy Grail and In Bruges, all not yet mentioned.

Others not yet voted for: No Country For Old Men, A Bridge Too Far and almost anything with Fred Astaire or made by Powell and Pressburger.

Great shouts of films,isawqpratwhitecity,I can't believe not mentioned so far in this top,top triffic thread started by that big-nosed fugham fella.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Three favourite films of all time on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 15305 viewsHantsR

Three favourite films of all time on 23:07 - Feb 6 by ted_hendrix

"In The Heat of The Night"
"One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" (Nicholson at his best)
"Alien" (The sequels were utter junk food).

Special mention for "Easy Rider" and "Pulp Fiction"

If ever you ever get the chance to watch "InThe Heat of The Night" do it, Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger are just awesome as is the film.

In the Heat of the night was also my first choice - Quincy Jones/ Ray Charles music perfectly complementing terrific performances and great lines.
Three favourite films of all time on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 15303 viewsTheBlob

No Hitchcock then?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Three favourite films of all time on 09:38 - Feb 7 with 15300 viewsHantsR

Three favourite films of all time on 08:44 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

Fred Astaire eh? Only thinking about him last night on a quiz programme that mentioned he only got nominated for one OSCAR - Towering Inferno!

Anyway, this must cheer anyone up this cold morning - and maybe our theme tune? Pick yourself up, dust yourself down, start all over again!

Three favourite films of all time on 09:48 - Feb 7 with 15286 viewsTheBlob

Anything with Warren Oates in it.

Three favourite films of all time on 09:50 - Feb 7 with 15278 viewsMelakaRanger

1) The Party
2) See No Evil Hear No Evil
3) Star Wars IV
Three favourite films of all time on 09:59 - Feb 7 with 15271 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Three favourite films of all time on 17:31 - Feb 6 by A40Bosh

Or was it Sylvia Syms who used to be our customer at NatWest West Ken?

We definitely had Carmen "you stupid woman" Silvera though, I was so tempted to say that to her after the way she used to shout at us on the phone

No it was Joan in Kensington, I was commenting on Sylvia's Charms.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Three favourite films of all time on 10:18 - Feb 7 with 15260 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Love these themes.

Intro seems to have been removed and Hänschen klein has an age warning WTF some people are kants.

Three favourite films of all time on 10:54 - Feb 7 with 15241 viewsLancashirehoop

Far too many to think of a favourite 3 but the first that came into my head are;

The Swimmer - Burt Lancaster in an allegorical tale set in upper class Conneticut, similar style in my opinion to the Graduate shot around the same time. Lush score by Marvin Hamlisch.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg - Entirely sung in French, mimed by the actual actors, starring the stunningly beautiful Catherine Deneuve. Rich pastille colouring

La Dolce Vita. - Anita Ekberg in the iconic Trevi Fountain scene.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Three favourite films of all time on 11:11 - Feb 7 with 15218 viewsTheBlob

Can't agree that all animated films are formulaic and crap.

Three favourite films of all time on 11:15 - Feb 7 with 15212 viewsade_qpr

My Football movie XI

Alien
The Shawshank Redemption
A Fish Called Wanda
Goldfinger
Hoosiers
Wall E
Reach for the Sky
Star Wars (the 1st one the rest are ordinary )
The Usual Suspects
The Dark Knight
Terminator

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Three favourite films of all time on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 15208 viewsHantsR

Three favourite films of all time on 17:14 - Feb 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I saw an old clip of her telling a story in some B&W Mid-60's thing she was wearing just a corset and suspenders. Very tidy.

Ice cold is such a good film too.

Sylvia Syms - then and now

Three favourite films of all time on 11:24 - Feb 7 with 15201 viewsvodkasupper

Where are the cowboys?

For a Few Dollars More
a Fistful of Dollars

& City Slickers... no just kidding got to be Butch & Sundance !
Three favourite films of all time on 11:30 - Feb 7 with 15196 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Three favourite films of all time on 11:19 - Feb 7 by HantsR

Sylvia Syms - then and now

Nom nom nom.

Three favourite films of all time on 11:32 - Feb 7 with 15188 viewsTheBlob

Three favourite films of all time on 11:24 - Feb 7 by vodkasupper

Where are the cowboys?

For a Few Dollars More
a Fistful of Dollars

& City Slickers... no just kidding got to be Butch & Sundance !

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Three favourite films of all time on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 15180 views18StoneOfHoop

Lolling in a hammock in 'Far From The Madding Crowd' (1967)? Yes please.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Three favourite films of all time on 11:53 - Feb 7 with 15165 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Three favourite films of all time on 11:38 - Feb 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

Lolling in a hammock in 'Far From The Madding Crowd' (1967)? Yes please.

Three favourite films of all time on 12:07 - Feb 7 with 15153 viewsisawqpratwcity

Three favourite films of all time on 09:28 - Feb 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

Great shouts of films,isawqpratwhitecity,I can't believe not mentioned so far in this top,top triffic thread started by that big-nosed fugham fella.

Cheers for the clips, 18st!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Three favourite films of all time on 12:20 - Feb 7 with 15145 views18StoneOfHoop

My pleasure,isawqpratwhitecity.
Shame this interesting thread's gone tits up and descending rapidly off-topic as Talli starts wheeling the classless hedgepigs out.
Stephanie Beacham? Fook no! Did she once have a 28 second cameo in a Ken Russell/Michael Winner lurid turkey?

Three favourite films of all time on 12:31 - Feb 7 with 15132 viewsThaiHoop

Star Wars (as per Juzzie, but I was 4 years old!)
Stand By Me
The Untouchables
Three favourite films of all time on 12:41 - Feb 7 with 15127 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Three favourite films of all time on 12:20 - Feb 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

My pleasure,isawqpratwhitecity.
Shame this interesting thread's gone tits up and descending rapidly off-topic as Talli starts wheeling the classless hedgepigs out.
Stephanie Beacham? Fook no! Did she once have a 28 second cameo in a Ken Russell/Michael Winner lurid turkey?

'The nightcomers' with Brando was good. I used to fancy her in 'The Colby's' I was 13/14 I think

At least she's not ginger.

Three favourite films of all time on 14:27 - Feb 7 with 15099 viewsSonofNorfolt

Scanning through the selections, I found myself looking for great films that have been overlooked.

The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3, great cast, story and score.
This Is Spinal Tap & Slapshot. Two timeless comedies.
Del Toro's 'Pan's Labyrinth' fantastic mixture of fantasy & real life horror.
A couple of great sad Italian films, 'Life Is Beautiful' & 'Malena'.
Jeunet's films too, 'Delicatessen', 'Amelie', & especially 'A Very Long Engagement'.
Three favourite films of all time on 16:49 - Feb 7 with 15072 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Big Sleep
Casablanca
Life is Beautiful

Am I the only one who posted only three albums and only three films?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Three favourite films of all time on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 15060 viewsGetMeRangers

Foreign cinema:
Jean de Florette (and Mamon de sources)
Au revoir mes enfants.... so well shot, that my young children understand it even if they can not keep up with the subtitles.
Les Choristers

And finally, particularly as it reminds me of my four... Overboard. Very silly, but just love it (Known as naughty boys at home)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024