Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crouch for Hoilett? 11:25 - May 30 with 8222 viewsJamie

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/05/30/82029-33404812/?
Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:34 - May 30 with 1647 views08olesen

No no no! Crouch is on the decline and isn't getting any younger. Hoilett has the potential to be a great player as we saw at rovers, he just needs time in the team and some confidence. If he goes, we all know he will become the player we regretted letting go. Keep him!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:35 - May 30 with 1635 viewsYorkRanger

Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:34 - May 30 by 08olesen

No no no! Crouch is on the decline and isn't getting any younger. Hoilett has the potential to be a great player as we saw at rovers, he just needs time in the team and some confidence. If he goes, we all know he will become the player we regretted letting go. Keep him!

But he has become fat and useless....
Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:41 - May 30 with 1616 viewsbaz_qpr

Done - and give him the armband as well, and make sure we have a hefty sell on
Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:51 - May 30 with 1601 viewsTW_R

I'm pretty ambivelant on this really. Based on last season I'd be happy to see Hoilett go and would defintely like to see Crouch back, but I wouldn't mind Hoilett staying so he can show what he can do.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:53 - May 30 with 1598 viewsR_from_afar

I say yes to it but not for £80k a week, that's too much for someone of that age.

Hoilett has been a crushing disappointment. He shows no passion, he doesn't look fit, he doesn't score goals, he can't tackle, he can't be bothered to track back, he appears to want to leave, his box of tricks seems empty (witness his run down the wing against Reading in the game when we went down; the Reading defender's taken up a good position, I said to myself, JH will need to do something clever here. What did he do? The blindingly obvious thing, like I would've: he tried to trundle round the outside, without any cunning or trickery, and the move fizzled out). I've seen enough, he is not the man. Compare and contrast with the far less experienced Townsend, who came in, settled quickly, tried hard, looked motivated and posed a constant threat.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:06 - May 30 with 1580 viewsDylanP

It is definitely tempting. It would be great to see Crouch back in hoops. He is a childhood fan of QPR and we need players who are tied to the club by more than money.

BUT, and its a big but, Hoillet is too much. Crouch may not have a lot more years in him. Striker is not a position that is generally kind to aging players--as opposed to goalies, CBs, and even some types of midfielders (I'm thinking Currie and Derry here) who can often make up for the diminished speed because of their increased understanding of the game. People have underestimated Crouch all his career and he may well be holding up just fine. But it is a risk. And too much of a risk considering what Hoillet represents.

Hoillet hasn't lived up to the hype or his own potentially. That is clear. He has been a bit of a disappointment. However, at least twice a game he has made a run and created an opportunity out of nothing. The potential is there. He is exactly the type of player that every team is looking for -- runs at players, creates chances, and young without a history of injuries. As such he has a lot of value.

Hoillet is all upside and Crouch is all downside. A straight swap is too lopsided.

However, we know that Hughes wants Hoillet and we know that Hughes is a terrible negotiator. How about pairing Crouch with another Stoke player that has a lot of potential? I have always really liked Robert Huth. He is under 30 and built like a brick house. Imagine him alongside Samba, man that would be a pairing that would be impossible to shift. OK, probably not realistic, but my point is we should be trying to exploit what we know about Hughes and get more out of the deal than a one-for-one swap.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:09 - May 30 with 1576 viewsdolcelatte

Plenty of people said that about Furlong..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:17 - May 30 with 1559 viewsqueensparker

He looked decent against us only a few months ago. And even scored, which would be a nice thing for at least one of our strikers to do occasionally now Remy's leaving
Login to get fewer ads

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:17 - May 30 with 1559 viewsqueensparker

He looked decent against us only a few months ago. And even scored, which would be a nice thing for at least one of our strikers to do occasionally now Remy's leaving
Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:27 - May 30 with 1539 viewsGloucs_R

A 32 year old for a 22 year old, not a great swap. I'd be more inclined to do a loan deal for the two.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 15:31 - May 30 with 1494 viewsAgedR

I'd take a straight swap with 20 B&H for Hoilett

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 15:51 - May 30 with 1461 viewsBrazilNutR

Crouch for Hoilett? on 15:31 - May 30 by AgedR

I'd take a straight swap with 20 B&H for Hoilett

Yes... I have a semi just thinking about Peter Crouch...regardless of sell on value.. Toillet has done nothing to convince me yet, and his disinterest is only likely to increase in a lower league. Sell..while he maybe still has a value...
Crouch for Hoilett? on 16:09 - May 30 with 1437 viewsVish

no doubt Hoilett will now get tapped up for this move.

As much as people want Hoilett to stay with us, as he does have potential. I can't see him wanting to play in the Championship with us.

Between Hughes and Hoilett they'll ensure this move gets done assuming Hughes does want him. If we get Crouch in return is another matter.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 17:46 - May 30 with 1380 viewsBklynRanger

If Hoilett was motivated to stay I'd probably be against this, but apparently he isn't, so I'm firmly in favour of it.

Crouchy did look anonymous in a few games this season, but getting back to LR and dropping a division could change things for him and us big time.

He'd need a fairly fat pay cut and a thorough medical though.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 17:51 - May 30 with 1373 views08olesen

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:17 - May 30 by queensparker

Are u seriously using the fact that he scored against our sorry excuse for a defence as a plus point. If anythiny... the fact that he didnt score a hat-trick shows we should not sign him.

After listening to the Podcast the other week. The guy writing a book on harry said 'your in trouble when he tries to sign peter for about the 5th time and Scotty P' They both arnt getting any younger and on big wages. It is exactly what got us into this mess. We need hungry yong players like Gayle and Austin. Would rather increase the transfers fees for them and not pay them as much on the wage front.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Crouch for Hoilett? on 17:55 - May 30 with 1301 viewsTheBlob

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:17 - May 30 by queensparker

Remy might not be leaving.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 18:11 - May 30 with 1275 viewsWallyRanger

Yes please! Us getting an effective forward who offers a fair few goals and is Rangers through and through in exchange for an ineffective winger on too much money, can't pass for sh*t and shows no signs of giving a f*ck would be just right, who cares that Crouch is in his 30s and Hoillett is a young player? You only need to look at the different attitudes in both players to know this can only be a good thing.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 18:20 - May 30 with 1264 viewsBasingstokeR

This would work for Hoilett who could be in the unenviable position of being relegated from the prem three seasons running
Crouch for Hoilett? on 18:42 - May 30 with 1245 viewsGloucs_R

Can you imagine Remy playing off Crouch....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 18:51 - May 30 with 1236 viewscheeseydane

Need to add a couple of mill to make the deal worthy.

As said above, no resale value for Crouch.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:19 - May 30 with 1217 viewsderbyhoop

Crouch for Hoilett? on 14:27 - May 30 by Gloucs_R

A 32 year old for a 22 year old, not a great swap. I'd be more inclined to do a loan deal for the two.

That's the key for me. Hoilett can get better, Crouch is only going to get worse - Rangers fan or not.

Part of the imbalance this season was that you couldn't play Adel and Hoilett in the same side. If Adel goes, as seems likely, Hoilett is the only one in our potential midfield who offers any pace.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:26 - May 30 with 1209 viewsthehat

Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:19 - May 30 by derbyhoop

That's the key for me. Hoilett can get better, Crouch is only going to get worse - Rangers fan or not.

Part of the imbalance this season was that you couldn't play Adel and Hoilett in the same side. If Adel goes, as seems likely, Hoilett is the only one in our potential midfield who offers any pace.

I'd swap Hoilett for a bag of balls and a few tracksuits.

Peter Crouch a QPR fan who fits the profile of player we want - Yes Please!!1

Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:30 - May 30 with 1204 viewsWeaverQPR

Crouch proven.Hoilett fat arsed one season wonder.

@WeavQPR

Crouch for Hoilett? on 20:01 - May 30 with 1177 viewsTheBlob

Let's get the deal done NOW and get this f*cking show on the road.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 20:28 - May 30 with 1145 viewsqprwpg

I'm in the 'no deal' camp as well. Love Crouchie, but it's more over 30 players we don't need.

Twitter: @qprwpg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024