Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crouch for Hoilett? 11:25 - May 30 with 8224 viewsJamie

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/05/30/82029-33404812/?
Crouch for Hoilett? on 20:53 - May 30 with 1654 viewsSomersetHoops

So we are saying we've taken a good player in Hoillet and f*cked him up beyond repair at LR and want another fading ex international who will be worth nothing after another season or so. Will we ever learn?

Lets step outside the emotion of Crouch being one of ours and look at the relative value. For this deal to be fair we would need Crouch plus two million for Hoillet.

Who's Next?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:01 - May 30 with 1630 viewsloftboy

Crouch's movement and willingness to win back a ball if lost was excellent against us last month, it's a big yes from me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:36 - May 30 with 1582 viewsWeaverQPR

Nothing wrong with signing players over 30 if they are prepared to roll their sleeves up and put the effort in,see Kenny,Hill,Derry,Smith in our promotion year.

Hoilett has been crap, he also states he does not want to play in Chump so lets get rid.

If Crouch is prepared to come in on a sensible wage then i would take him.

@WeavQPR

Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:44 - May 30 with 1573 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Crouch for Hoilett? on 12:37 - May 30 by HAYESBOY

As much as i would like Crouch here, no to a swap deal.

Would have to be a couple of mil as well come our way.

I have seen comments on how we need strikers, but we are not short of strikers.

Zamora, Cisse, Johnson, DJ, Remy and Bothroyd.

Need to shift at least two of them first. IMO.

Zamora wont play more than 10 games, Cisse we wont see again, AJ same as Zamora, DJ unknown even if he'sll stay, Remy will go to Newcastle or other prem and Bothroyd is useless. So where are these strikers then?? Crocuh WANTS to play for us, could do a great job in the Champ and will add the right atittude and experience to the team. Hoillet is fat, lazy, and doesnt want to be here. no brainer IMHO

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Crouch for Hoilett? on 23:22 - May 30 with 1514 viewsjo_qpr63

Talent and age is not the issue at Qpr, attitude and motivation is. I think Holt would be a better player the Crouch but he wouldn't give a stuff about Rangers,why would he? Whereas Crouch does care about our club(assuming) and therefore a better signing imo, and better for the squad then Hoilett who doesn't care about our club(assuming).
I don't really care about a few million quid here or there atm, just want a bit of pride back in the team.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 00:22 - May 31 with 1490 viewsMatch82

I'm actually a no on this one.

I love Crouchy, but his best years are behind him and I think if properly motivated Junior has the ability to rip the championship apart.

I will admit that this is a rather big if, but the atmosphere within the club was poisonous last year. If we get rid of some of the has-been mercenaries and create a more positive squad atmosphere I think he could thrive.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 04:18 - May 31 with 1455 viewsKiwi76

Crouch for Hoilett? on 00:22 - May 31 by Match82

I'm actually a no on this one.

I love Crouchy, but his best years are behind him and I think if properly motivated Junior has the ability to rip the championship apart.

I will admit that this is a rather big if, but the atmosphere within the club was poisonous last year. If we get rid of some of the has-been mercenaries and create a more positive squad atmosphere I think he could thrive.

Think I have to agree - few romantic threads remembering good days with Crouch, Francis, Holloway etc but think best left as good memories.
Would love to see Hoilett give it a good crack as clearly is/was some talent there - one we should try and keep if he's willing.
Most likely he'll buggar off....
Crouch for Hoilett? on 06:56 - May 31 with 1442 viewsWesty75

Crouch for Hoilett? on 04:18 - May 31 by Kiwi76

Think I have to agree - few romantic threads remembering good days with Crouch, Francis, Holloway etc but think best left as good memories.
Would love to see Hoilett give it a good crack as clearly is/was some talent there - one we should try and keep if he's willing.
Most likely he'll buggar off....

That's the issue. From the noises he's made i don't think Hoilet is willing. If we hang on to him he'll come back overweight and undermotivated in August, and continue where he left off last season.

If Crouch is willing to take a sensible wage then get him in.

Login to get fewer ads

Crouch for Hoilett? on 07:02 - May 31 with 1437 viewsDesertBoot

Hoilett was the first player to state to the media he doesn't fancy it next season. I suppose you can only take so many relegations but the euphoric response yogis signing faded fast.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Crouch for Hoilett? on 07:54 - May 31 with 1407 viewsthame_hoops

Crouch for Hoilett? on 07:02 - May 31 by DesertBoot

Hoilett was the first player to state to the media he doesn't fancy it next season. I suppose you can only take so many relegations but the euphoric response yogis signing faded fast.

This is funny, who is padula, a poster here?

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/215699/qpr-fan-perspective-on-hughes
Crouch for Hoilett? on 20:13 - May 31 with 1322 viewsWanderR

Crouch for Hoilett? on 17:46 - May 30 by BklynRanger

If Hoilett was motivated to stay I'd probably be against this, but apparently he isn't, so I'm firmly in favour of it.

Crouchy did look anonymous in a few games this season, but getting back to LR and dropping a division could change things for him and us big time.

He'd need a fairly fat pay cut and a thorough medical though.

+1

Current location: OX10

Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:13 - May 31 with 1274 viewsJigsore

*snigger* Hughes kept us up last season? The more I look back at it the more I think it's untrue. We won our home games impressively but Away we were absolutely dreadful, and the difference between Home and Away is Loftus Road... If Mark did truely keep us up then I doubt he'd have forgotten how to win games over the summer.

tl;dr - I hate the tw@t

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Crouch for Hoilett? on 10:04 - Jun 1 with 1203 viewsraskolnikov

We need a few committed established and talented pro's in the side, and Crouch would be one. Far more so than AJ and BZ. Would rather we got shot of those two. If we played Hitchcock and/or Skapets alongside Crocuh, then that's a useful plan - develop the younger players, and with the hold-up play and knock downs Crouch would provide, they will score goals.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 10:55 - Jun 1 with 1178 viewsloftboy

Crouch for Hoilett? on 10:04 - Jun 1 by raskolnikov

We need a few committed established and talented pro's in the side, and Crouch would be one. Far more so than AJ and BZ. Would rather we got shot of those two. If we played Hitchcock and/or Skapets alongside Crocuh, then that's a useful plan - develop the younger players, and with the hold-up play and knock downs Crouch would provide, they will score goals.

Skapetis is a good prospect but IMHO not nearly devoloped enough yet for the first team.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:07 - Jun 1 with 1141 viewsNathanNI

From what I have heard Crouch is pretty much a certainty.

Not sure about the Hoilett thing mind
Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:13 - Jun 1 with 1130 viewshoopsa07

Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:07 - Jun 1 by NathanNI

Got a source or is it a voice inside your head?
Crouch for Hoilett? on 17:25 - Jun 1 with 1088 viewsTGRRRSSS

Crouch for Hoilett? on 13:07 - Jun 1 by NathanNI

Hope so would bring a bit of pride and I hope professionalism to proceedings and we know he'd want to be there and will graft for the cause.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:02 - Jun 1 with 1029 viewsNW5Hoop

Insane deal. Not bothered about keeping Hoilett, but certainly don't want Crouch, no matter who he supports.

He's a 32-year-old who hasn't scored goals regularly for nearly 10 years. In his last 262 games — with Liverpool, Portsmouth, Spurs and Stoke — he's scored 62 goals. We really don't need another ageing, non-scoring striker on a huge wage. In fact, it's the last thing we need. To think otherwise is certifiable.
Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:26 - Jun 1 with 1018 viewsbaz_qpr

We need a number 9 someone the rest of the team can play off and who will hold the ball up, with the right attitude and a positive effect on the dressing room. Who would you suggest?
Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:20 - Jun 1 with 993 viewsNW5Hoop

Crouch for Hoilett? on 19:26 - Jun 1 by baz_qpr

We need a number 9 someone the rest of the team can play off and who will hold the ball up, with the right attitude and a positive effect on the dressing room. Who would you suggest?

I have a full time job already. No time to do scouting. And how do we know he will have a positive effect in the dressing room - especially if he were to come in on big wages? I thought that had already caused us problems. Nothing is going to change my mind that a 32-year-old striker with 65 goals for his last four clubs over eight years, who will be on a colossal salary even if he takes a pay cut, is a good deal.

Do we never learn?
Crouch for Hoilett? on 21:42 - Jun 1 with 958 viewsNathanNI

Ha. Just someone I know.

Personally I'd like to keep Hoilett. One of the most sensible signings we've made over the last few years, irrespective of his poor performances.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Crouch for Hoilett? on 23:06 - Jun 1 with 914 viewsLowerloftLad

Age means nothing ask the palace fans who just to the prem how old is Kevin Phillips

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024