Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun 00:09 - Jun 9 with 9994 viewsbaz_qpr

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4961029/Harry-Redknapp-Let-m
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun (n/t) on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 1922 viewsswitchingcode

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 11:26 - Jun 9 by QPR_John

I really do wonder what Reknapp's game is. Two days before Bridge signs for Reading Redknapp is on TV saying he is his number one target. Surely he knew where Bridge was going, people in the game are really ITK unlike most of us, when he made those comments. Seems to me he was only testing Fernandes reaction knowing full well he was not going to get Bridge.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 11:54 - Jun 9 with 1911 viewsswitchingcode

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 11:26 - Jun 9 by QPR_John

I really do wonder what Reknapp's game is. Two days before Bridge signs for Reading Redknapp is on TV saying he is his number one target. Surely he knew where Bridge was going, people in the game are really ITK unlike most of us, when he made those comments. Seems to me he was only testing Fernandes reaction knowing full well he was not going to get Bridge.

That was my thoughts on the Bridge saga,so staged managed I expect he's told the told the wife to get the holiday brochures out we will e off soon
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:01 - Jun 9 with 1897 viewsconnell10

old has-beens it is then! christ on a bike will we ever learn!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:25 - Jun 9 with 1867 viewsdaveB

nothing wrong with what Redknapp is saying,he wants to add expereince to the squad and I can see why and he quite rightly wants to be the one who picks the players he signs but the problem is the board want a different type of player, younger and hungrier. This should have been spelt out to Redknapp in these meetings so for me Redknapp looks like he wants to go as he could easily have gone in for a few younger players as well as Bridge and brought about a happy medium.

The end result is going to be another messy summer for the club and under prepared for a new season
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:29 - Jun 9 with 1858 viewssuperhooper83

I have to 100pc agree with Harry on this one im afraid. Just let the manager get on with his job and sign the players he wants to sign to get us back up. Sign them on short term deals if he has to. A years contract or something. Im gettin pretty sick n tired of all the nagative shite being banded around on this board to be honest. Gets boring everyone bitching about our manager all the time. He wants to get us promoted ffs. I believe he will too if hes allowed.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:32 - Jun 9 with 1847 viewsMkPaul

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:29 - Jun 9 by superhooper83

I have to 100pc agree with Harry on this one im afraid. Just let the manager get on with his job and sign the players he wants to sign to get us back up. Sign them on short term deals if he has to. A years contract or something. Im gettin pretty sick n tired of all the nagative shite being banded around on this board to be honest. Gets boring everyone bitching about our manager all the time. He wants to get us promoted ffs. I believe he will too if hes allowed.

+1
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:40 - Jun 9 with 1831 viewsgigiisourgod

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:32 - Jun 9 by MkPaul

+1

It gets boring listening to him moan every bloody interview.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:58 - Jun 9 with 1801 viewsQPR1882

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:40 - Jun 9 by gigiisourgod

It gets boring listening to him moan every bloody interview.

It's not his fault yon know.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 14:35 - Jun 9 with 1727 viewsrbsranger

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 11:54 - Jun 9 by switchingcode

That was my thoughts on the Bridge saga,so staged managed I expect he's told the told the wife to get the holiday brochures out we will e off soon

Totally agree with you here. When the Bridge story broke I said to my Dad that HR was going to use this as his "casus belli" so to speak. It completely fits the profile for him to get sympathy that the Board (stuffed with non-football people) are preventing him from getting us promoted. He can roll out every excuse with this one too -
Free Transfer (see, I am not asking for tons of money in transfer fees)
Left Back - (see, they don't want to sign him because they want the Korean that was bought for commercial purposes to play - why are these non-football idiots telling me how to do my job)
Coming off a good season with a Championship club (see, he is motivated to win at this level)
What is forgotten in all this is that Bridge is in his 30s, injury-prone and let us not forget that he turned down loan moves whilst at Chelsea when he knew that he had zero chance of playing meaningful football behind that scumbag Cole (and then spent a couple of seasons at Man City doing the same)
Redknapp makes a fuss in the press on Weds/ Thurs about it and Bridge is confirmed a Reading player on Friday, so it is clear that Bridge was going to Reading already and our manager was just trying to create a stir.
I wish he would either just go home already or actually try to train the players.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:23 - Jun 9 with 1682 viewsSpiritofGregory

Don't know why the chairman isn't allowed to have a say on transfers afterall it's his money not the managers. Fernandes should have got involved before. If I owned a club and the manager wanted to sign Johnson and Zamora I would say no and point to their age, attitude and poor injury records. Harry needs to start doing his job properly and find us bargains like he did when he stole Crouch from us for £1.25m
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 1631 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:29 - Jun 9 by superhooper83

Hang on a minute, haven't we all just spent the last 6 months castigating Beard and Fernandes for *not* interfering enough, and just letting Hughes sign a ton of players on huge contracts?
All that's happened here is that for once the club stuck to it's guns and refused to buckle to the demands of a 32 year old full back. I have no problem with that when we have two young left backs on the books. Had it been a right back, then yes, perhaps I could see it.
Well done the club. Redknapp needs to stop moaning and get on with the f***ing job or leave. Preferably the latter. Scumbag.

Bare bones.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:11 - Jun 9 with 1608 viewsjohnhoop

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Antti_Heinola

Hang on a minute, haven't we all just spent the last 6 months castigating Beard and Fernandes for *not* interfering enough, and just letting Hughes sign a ton of players on huge contracts?
All that's happened here is that for once the club stuck to it's guns and refused to buckle to the demands of a 32 year old full back. I have no problem with that when we have two young left backs on the books. Had it been a right back, then yes, perhaps I could see it.
Well done the club. Redknapp needs to stop moaning and get on with the f***ing job or leave. Preferably the latter. Scumbag.

+1
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:11 - Jun 9 with 1606 viewsrsonist

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Antti_Heinola

Do you really think Reading "buckled to the demands" of Bridge.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:38 - Jun 9 with 1565 viewsGloucs_R

It's pretty simple, give the manager a budget and let him manage it. The challenge we have us that the it's no free budget until we get rid of some players. I'm with the board, make do with what we have and if money is available allow Harry to spend it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:39 - Jun 9 with 1556 viewsbaz_qpr

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:11 - Jun 9 by rsonist

From what Uncle Tony said we were not prepared to pay what they were and we were looking for a weighting in the salary based on appearances. I think the club have made absolutely the right decision on this and if HR is going to go because he cannot work within the board constraints he needs to do it quick.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:39 - Jun 9 with 1489 viewsAntti_Heinola

no, but Reading offered something, I'm guessing he asked us to at least match it, we said no. Good. Isn't this *exactly* what we've been demanding they do?

Bare bones.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:51 - Jun 9 with 1467 viewsrsonist

I was implying that, given the way they've been run recently, the "something" Reading offered would not have been OTT. If the board have overreacted and set unrealistic and uncompetitive constraints on the transfer policy then I don't see what there is to celebrate - it's the same easily swayed TF naivety that overspent last season inverted for this season. Naive parsimony.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:59 - Jun 9 with 1451 viewsrsonist

Have to enjoy the irony that HR is copping flak for being an unimaginative spendthrift stuck in his ways for chasing Bridge when the two most recent managers who actually did sign him are... Poyet and Adkins, who most critics would love to have in charge instead.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 18:35 - Jun 9 with 1410 viewsSomersetHoops

The problem is Phil Beard is involved in transfers and knows nothing about football. The other problem is whatever Harry says about responsibility he won't be paying back money lost in fees or wages on any bad transfers he makes or forgo the value of his contract if he needs to go after failing. After being taken for a ride by Hughes, Tony is right to be wary of giving any manager carte blanche, but he needs to make any moderation of Harry's ideas himself as Beard hasn't got a clue.

If Tony doesn't want to work alongside Harry to get the team we need and trust Harry to a reasonable extent then he needs to be looking for another manager and a CEO who knows football.

Who's Next?

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 09:17 - Jun 10 with 1260 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 17:59 - Jun 9 by rsonist

Have to enjoy the irony that HR is copping flak for being an unimaginative spendthrift stuck in his ways for chasing Bridge when the two most recent managers who actually did sign him are... Poyet and Adkins, who most critics would love to have in charge instead.

Well signing Bridge on loan in the championship (Poyet) is somewhat different. It was one year ago. City would have been picking up the vast majority of his wages and if it didn't work out he could be sent back. Look, I don't think Bridge would have been a bad signing, but a 32 year old coming from a big club looking for what will be his last big contract? I mean, surely you can see why alarm bells might have been ringing after the last 18 months? Surely? That's obvious, isn't it?

Bare bones.

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 09:36 - Jun 10 with 1235 viewsfakekerby

Has anybody considered that maybe Bridge just preferred a move to Reading over us? Who would want to come and play for us at the minute when a similar option is there??
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 10:53 - Jun 10 with 1179 viewsTHEBUSH

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 15:23 - Jun 9 by SpiritofGregory

Don't know why the chairman isn't allowed to have a say on transfers afterall it's his money not the managers. Fernandes should have got involved before. If I owned a club and the manager wanted to sign Johnson and Zamora I would say no and point to their age, attitude and poor injury records. Harry needs to start doing his job properly and find us bargains like he did when he stole Crouch from us for £1.25m

I agree, I think the owners should have a say in what type of football the club should play and that includes the buying of certain types of players.
Managers come and go, but the club should be liable for overall playing philosophy.
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 11:04 - Jun 10 with 1163 viewsdaveB

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 09:36 - Jun 10 by fakekerby

Has anybody considered that maybe Bridge just preferred a move to Reading over us? Who would want to come and play for us at the minute when a similar option is there??

There is probably a lot of truth in that, I think we offered Bridge a pay as you play deal so he went for the pay regardless of if he plays contract which most players on that sort of wage will do
Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 12:11 - Jun 10 with 1119 viewsQPunkR

Either way, I don't believe that crook Arry further than I can throw him.
I seem to remember him claiming in court that he can't read or write. That's an awful long article for someone who knows nothing of the English language. I accept it could have been ghost-written but if that were the case it would have to have said 'with contribution from x' or something somewhere on the page.
The sooner he quits his whining the better. Doesn't matter if he'd take 'full responsibility' for us failing, we'd still be in the Sheidt and he'd still have a lovely pay-packet.

Go. Just go.

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 13:05 - Jun 10 with 1048 viewsR_from_afar

Harry Airs his thoughts in today's Sun on 03:18 - Jun 9 by rsonist

In terms of what he's saying I've already said repeatedly that I agree to some extent, so long as the contracts are right. (Harry's no mug, even when he's taking the p1ss he always makes sure to leave a grain of truth in there).

But the fact he's continuing to air this slightly dirty laundry out in public is just beyond ludicrous. Why the fvck does this article even exist? If you didn't know any better you'd think he and TF were under restraining orders and can only communicate with each other through the media. It's a complete and utter embarrassment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"But the fact he's continuing to air this slightly dirty laundry out in public is just beyond ludicrous". Spot on! Why on earth does Redknapp see the need to whine on publicly? He is employed by TF, why can't they just have a behind closed doors discussion, like in any other employee/eployer scenario?

Redknapp continues to go down in my estimation. How is having this debate in public helping anyone? Ah, hang on, I can answer my own question: It helps Redknapp fulfil his media commitments. OK, that's all right then, everything is fine. I am pig sick of the man. Lest anyone forget, this is a man who has done absolutely naff all for Rangers. Zippo, nada.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024