Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 14:00 - Sep 30 with 33591 viewshoopstilidie

Green light.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Warren Farm on 13:01 - Jan 16 with 2959 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm on 12:47 - Jan 16 by danehoop

Ok, starting point here is that SWF "the professional campaigner" is using this MB as a marketing tool.

He throws out arguments sees how we respond knowing that our starting point is the opposite of what he is trying to achieve. However, as Jamie's post identifies, quite what their desired outcome is at this point is unclear beyond Not In My Back Yard.

The throwing in of a potential judicial review is interesting. Last time they had limited grounds to challenge and insufficient funding to do so. That last point hasnt changed as far as I was aware. No doubt SWF will say otherwise, but there we are.

Again, best advice is dont respond to the professional campaigner, in doing so you provide a service to him.

Agreed,

It reeks too much of someone simply wanting to take issue with the big bad football club who trying to build in their back yard, when the truth is that they have not been banging on the council's front door for any of the past 20yrs telling them that their back yard is a disgrace and needs to be sorted out.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren Farm on 13:05 - Jan 16 with 2942 viewsTW_R

Warren Farm on 13:01 - Jan 16 by Metallica_Hoop

You shouldn't laugh, but that is hilarious!
Warren Farm on 13:44 - Jan 16 with 2871 viewshoof_hearted

"Keep moaning. You'll eventually get the retail park/housing estate there that you so sorely deserve."

That, SWF, is the wisest advice on the subject. If a supermarket or DIY superstore fancy the site badly enough they have the legal and financial power to outmuscle the cash strapped council with ease. They would pay lip service to community needs and probably just buy their way out of the obligation later in the process. They would cause nice heavy traffic for the locals, especially at weekends or bank holidays.

QPR would just have a dozen Bentleys 3 times a week and a sky reporter with his van twice a year.
Warren Farm on 19:04 - Jan 16 with 2686 viewssavewarrenfarm

The issue is that Warren Farm is being fenced off. And that Ealing are not getting anywhere near the best deal for Ealing Council tax payers.

Professional campaigner. Flattered. But only professional if you're a professional football supporter.

SWF

Looking for a good deal for Warren Farm - for locals and users

Warren Farm on 19:11 - Jan 16 with 2667 viewsdanehoop

I again take issue with your purpose of coming on here. No further comment.

Never knowingly understood

Warren Farm on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 2633 viewshoof_hearted

Warren Farm on 19:04 - Jan 16 by savewarrenfarm

The issue is that Warren Farm is being fenced off. And that Ealing are not getting anywhere near the best deal for Ealing Council tax payers.

Professional campaigner. Flattered. But only professional if you're a professional football supporter.

SWF

Take it up with your MP and then sit back and rejoice in the wonders of democracy.

Or try something under the Human Rights Act? "It is my human right to prevent the massive improvement of a local resource without it costing the council a fortune".
Warren Farm on 22:32 - Jan 16 with 2505 viewshoopstilidie

SWF

And what better deal is on offer?

"Save" Warren Farm. If you were that bothered about "saving" it you'd have done something at some point over the last couple of decades, you didn't, nobody did.
The only reason you've got your trumpet out now is because you think you can, not because you should.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Warren Farm on 00:23 - Jan 17 with 2447 viewsNorthernr

SWF

Look having covered planning committees for a living for some time I can tell you that nothing - not a retail park, not a new football stadium, not a house extension, not a garden being replaced with a driveway, not a tree being cut down - ever, ever, ever passes unopposed. There's always somebody there, citing the fcking human rights act, keeping the planning committee there until 1am, keeping the poor schmucks who have to write about it there until 1am. I've seen some lousy stuff passed - horse paddocks and green pastures turned into Ikea distribution centres - and this is not a lousy application.

Ultimately, people don't like change. "Oh, it'll be fenced off," in my experience the people saying such bollox have probably taken advantage of the un-fenced waste ground once in the last 20 years. They just don't like change.

If I didn't want our poxy club to have a proper training ground so much then I'd wish you the best of luck in your campaign, and then if you succeed I'd make a point of coming and pissing myself laughing on your front lawn when you end up with a big concrete car park next to a Halfords, Next, Sports Direct and Tesco, packed with the fcking scum of the earth pulling doughnuts in their souped up Corsas until 4 in the morning. Every morning.

Still, at least the tax payer would be getting a good deal then eh? Pillock.
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 00:36 - Jan 17 with 2434 viewsqueensparker

Warren Farm on 00:23 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Look having covered planning committees for a living for some time I can tell you that nothing - not a retail park, not a new football stadium, not a house extension, not a garden being replaced with a driveway, not a tree being cut down - ever, ever, ever passes unopposed. There's always somebody there, citing the fcking human rights act, keeping the planning committee there until 1am, keeping the poor schmucks who have to write about it there until 1am. I've seen some lousy stuff passed - horse paddocks and green pastures turned into Ikea distribution centres - and this is not a lousy application.

Ultimately, people don't like change. "Oh, it'll be fenced off," in my experience the people saying such bollox have probably taken advantage of the un-fenced waste ground once in the last 20 years. They just don't like change.

If I didn't want our poxy club to have a proper training ground so much then I'd wish you the best of luck in your campaign, and then if you succeed I'd make a point of coming and pissing myself laughing on your front lawn when you end up with a big concrete car park next to a Halfords, Next, Sports Direct and Tesco, packed with the fcking scum of the earth pulling doughnuts in their souped up Corsas until 4 in the morning. Every morning.

This.

My godson lives at the bottom of Warren Farm and is beside himself that he might get to watch the Rangers train. But I caught him wearing some Chelsea shorts the other day. That's a human rights issue right there, should you need one.
Warren Farm on 08:34 - Jan 17 with 2386 viewscollegeranger

When do the bulldozers move in? Anyone know?
Warren Farm on 08:54 - Jan 17 with 2372 viewsSydneyRs

Nail on head.
Warren Farm on 09:01 - Jan 17 with 2359 viewsTW_R

Agreed. And great to see the word Pillock being used. Haven't heard that for a long time.
Warren Farm on 09:03 - Jan 17 with 2356 viewsTW_R

Warren Farm on 08:34 - Jan 17 by collegeranger

When do the bulldozers move in? Anyone know?

Bulldozers? You could go in there with a couple of tooth picks and not that lot down.
Warren Farm on 09:07 - Jan 17 with 2349 viewswombat

Warren Farm on 09:03 - Jan 17 by TW_R

Bulldozers? You could go in there with a couple of tooth picks and not that lot down.

maybe hes just the local drug dealer who uses warren farm for buisness ?

one machine less than a day for demo on warren farm job done , locals wouldnt even notice either they use it so little

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 2293 viewsbob566

that's the first time i've ever seen you call somebody a name on here. You may have done it before but I've never seen it.

Reporting on those planning meetings must have really run deep with you Clive.
Warren Farm on 10:05 - Jan 17 with 2281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I take it we're not ignoring him anymore? :)

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 2280 viewshoof_hearted

Warren Farm on 00:36 - Jan 17 by queensparker

This.

My godson lives at the bottom of Warren Farm and is beside himself that he might get to watch the Rangers train. But I caught him wearing some Chelsea shorts the other day. That's a human rights issue right there, should you need one.

WOAH THERE. Stuff the residents issues, this is serious.

You have to take him to matches, buy him some merchandise and queue up after the match to see some players and get autographs. Start tomorrow and get him hooked before he ends up on the dark side.

When he's properly converted maybe suggest a ceremonial burning of those Chelsea shorts.
Warren Farm on 11:31 - Jan 17 with 2234 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Warren Farm on 11:48 - Jan 17 with 2206 viewswombat

Warren Farm on 11:31 - Jan 17 by Pommyhoop

clear evidence on how much clive had to drink last night there look at the time posted ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm on 15:27 - Jan 17 with 2145 viewsJuzzie

I was sort of once one of those types! A new block of private flats (about 100 or so I think) were being built behind where I live and it was made very clear by the Council that there would be no car parking spaces at all. There are very good public transport links within about 3 minutes walk so they wanted to encourage people who buy these flats to be non-car users. They also stated that a certain percentage (about 20% I think) were going to be made affordable especially as there are schools and a big hospital nearby so ideal for teachers/doctors etc.

Over the proceeding months as we were being sent updated literature I noticed that there was now an underground car park planned and the number to be made affordable went down to about 7%-10% I think.

I went to the planning meeting and the building contractor had 30 minutes to present their case and the councillors listened intently and with great interest. Anyone else had five minutes.

I was the only member of the public there to speak and they couldn't give a to$$ what I said. They all talked amongst themselves and would not answer any of my questions when I asked them why they did a u-turn about car parking in an already heavily populated area and why the percentage of available affordable properties dropped dramtically.

Whatever their reasons were, I thought they were completely rude and unproffesional, and I told them so.

I don't think I was being a NIMBY, I wasn't objecting to the properties being built but just wanted to know why they reneged on two very key issues, but they wouldn't answer.

[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 15:31]
Warren Farm on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 2072 viewsqueensparker

Warren Farm on 10:07 - Jan 17 by hoof_hearted

WOAH THERE. Stuff the residents issues, this is serious.

You have to take him to matches, buy him some merchandise and queue up after the match to see some players and get autographs. Start tomorrow and get him hooked before he ends up on the dark side.

When he's properly converted maybe suggest a ceremonial burning of those Chelsea shorts.

Unfortunately I took him to his first two games last season: a comprehensive dicking by Liverpool, and a comprehensive dicking by United. It wasn't a great start.

I'm pinning all my hopes on Warren Farm at the moment.
Warren Farm on 00:11 - Jan 18 with 1982 viewssavewarrenfarm

As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't.

It is about Ealing Council.

As QPR fans, concerns should be with FFP.

Good luck at home to Huddersfield.

SWF

Warren Farm on 06:23 - Jan 18 with 1928 viewsDWQPR

Warren Farm on 00:11 - Jan 18 by savewarrenfarm

As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't.

It is about Ealing Council.

As QPR fans, concerns should be with FFP.

Good luck at home to Huddersfield.

SWF

No, this is about you trying to achieve your 15 minutes of fame. I suspect that the amount of people using Warren Farm from the local community is far less than what it will be once the new training ground is built, which would allow all sections of the community access to first class facilities, including the disabled, who currently haven't got a hope in hell to access due to the dilapidated state of the place. The council has no cash, QPR has, so why not less a private firm cover the cost of turning some squalid land into an excellent facility the whole borough can be proud of and have access to.

And as FFP is concerned, not our worry, that is for TF to manage. And if you didn't know infrastructure costs like this don't count.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Warren Farm on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 1799 viewssavewarrenfarm

15 mins of fame? Having a football club on the door step would be a far better way of achieving this,

Precisely the opposite. Quiet life very much preferred.

Perfectly aligned to saving warren farm, which would also involve development WITHOUT fencing it off.

Warren Farm on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 1780 viewsJamie

Warren Farm on 11:15 - Jan 18 by savewarrenfarm

15 mins of fame? Having a football club on the door step would be a far better way of achieving this,

Precisely the opposite. Quiet life very much preferred.

Perfectly aligned to saving warren farm, which would also involve development WITHOUT fencing it off.

Good to see you still won't answer who you expect to be doing such development. You don't want QPR paying for it and providing locals with community facilities, the council seemingly can't afford to, or else they wouldn't be looking to lease to QPR, which leaves the inevitable retail park, which you don't want.

There is of course the other option that the site is left as is, for you to walk the dog on, with taxpayers picking up the tab for ongoing maintenance. Which you don't want.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 11:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024