Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 14:00 - Sep 30 with 33588 viewshoopstilidie

Green light.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Warren Farm on 11:29 - Jan 18 with 3378 viewsQPR_Jim

But couldn't give two f*cks about the place prior to the proposed redevelopment.

How exactly is living near our training ground going to get you 15min of fame? Our scouting networks pretty poor historcally but we haven't resorted to knocking on the neighbours doors and asking if they fancy a kick about just yet.
Warren Farm on 11:44 - Jan 18 with 3318 viewsSpiritofGregory

Warren Farm on 19:04 - Jan 16 by savewarrenfarm

The issue is that Warren Farm is being fenced off. And that Ealing are not getting anywhere near the best deal for Ealing Council tax payers.

Professional campaigner. Flattered. But only professional if you're a professional football supporter.

SWF

I have family who live in the Borough and they are happy that something constructive is being done with Warren Farm that won't affect their Council Tax bill.

It's a pice of land that a few people use now and again with facilities that are in poor condition.

Like others have said on here, it's either a state of the art training facility or a Council housing estate/Supermarket/Retail Park - take your pick. Land in West London is expensive therefore developers are always looking for cheaper sites further out.

It will never be protected against the above - it's not Hampstead Heath, its Warren Farm. I didn't see so much protest when Chelsea intended to build their training facilities in leafy Surrey, yet we have grief for attempting the same in poxy Southall.

I guess the people of Cobham are more pragmatic and have their heads screwed on as they are fully aware of what the alternatives would be.
Warren Farm on 11:57 - Jan 18 with 3326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 00:11 - Jan 18 by savewarrenfarm

As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't.

It is about Ealing Council.

As QPR fans, concerns should be with FFP.

Good luck at home to Huddersfield.

SWF

"As QPR fans, concerns should be with FFP."

That's an odious little dig. You're getting bitter now that you're welcome's worn out. That's me finished with you anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 09:26 - Jan 30 with 3211 viewsJonDoeman

Ealing Council Faces Judicial Review Over Planned QPR Training Academy

By: PR Newswire

Jan. 29, 2014 03:34 PM

LONDON, January 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

Today papers will be lodged at the High Court of Justice to judicially review Ealing Council's decision to sign over 61 acres of London's Green Belt, rent free for 200 years, to QPR Football Club for their new Training and Academy HQ.

Campaigners allege that the decision is unlawful on several grounds including the enclosure of Metropolitan Open Land (MOL) and concerns about the impartiality of councillors handling both the decision to grant the rent-free lease and the planning permission.

Full release available on 30 January.

Members of the Save Warren Farm Campaign, accompanied by their legal team, will be available for photographs and interviews on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice:

Date: Thursday 30 January 2014

Venue: Royal Courts of Justice

Strand

London WC2 A 2LL

Time: 10.00am

Twitter: @savewarrenfarm

It Is What It Is !!

Warren Farm on 09:40 - Jan 30 with 3181 viewsloftboy

Check out their twitter, talk about making the shithole sound like paradise.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Warren Farm on 11:55 - Jan 30 with 3052 viewsdanehoop

As mentioned before. Professional campaigner. Just look how the press brief is written.

Never knowingly understood

Warren Farm on 12:02 - Jan 30 with 3028 viewsdaveB

I'm sure they'll all celebrate if they win and Tescos can then build a big shop on the site instead so they get the rent paid
Warren Farm on 12:13 - Jan 30 with 2990 viewsJamie

Warren Farm on 12:02 - Jan 30 by daveB

I'm sure they'll all celebrate if they win and Tescos can then build a big shop on the site instead so they get the rent paid

Naughty.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 12:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 12:28 - Jan 30 with 2953 viewsJonDoeman

Warren Farm on 09:26 - Jan 30 by JonDoeman

Ealing Council Faces Judicial Review Over Planned QPR Training Academy

By: PR Newswire

Jan. 29, 2014 03:34 PM

LONDON, January 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

Today papers will be lodged at the High Court of Justice to judicially review Ealing Council's decision to sign over 61 acres of London's Green Belt, rent free for 200 years, to QPR Football Club for their new Training and Academy HQ.

Campaigners allege that the decision is unlawful on several grounds including the enclosure of Metropolitan Open Land (MOL) and concerns about the impartiality of councillors handling both the decision to grant the rent-free lease and the planning permission.

Full release available on 30 January.

Members of the Save Warren Farm Campaign, accompanied by their legal team, will be available for photographs and interviews on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice:

Date: Thursday 30 January 2014

Venue: Royal Courts of Justice

Strand

London WC2 A 2LL

Time: 10.00am

Twitter: @savewarrenfarm

"Campaigners allege that the decision is unlawful on several grounds including the enclosure of Metropolitan Open Land "

"Metropolitan Open Land" or "MOL" is a term or designation used only within London.[1] Land designated MOL is afforded the same level of protection as the Metropolitan Green Belt. Designation is intended to protect areas of landscape, recreation, nature conservation and scientific interest which are strategically important. Consequently any development of any kind on MOL must not only both be what is regarded as appropriate in the same way as Green Belt but the planning permission to carry it out cannot be granted by a London Borough acting alone, but requires the concurrence of the Mayor of London and the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.

Uncle Tony's been having a lot of dealings with Mayor Boris recently, I'm sure this would've been discussed.

It Is What It Is !!

Warren Farm on 14:47 - Jan 30 with 2827 viewsJuzzie

Warren Farm on 00:11 - Jan 18 by savewarrenfarm

As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't.

It is about Ealing Council.

As QPR fans, concerns should be with FFP.

Good luck at home to Huddersfield.

SWF

"As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't. "

That's a bit of a condradiction though. If it's not about QPR then no, the club could not have done anymore.

If the Club could have done more, then it is about QPR.

So, which is it, one or the other?

"It is about Ealing Council." So why come on here then? There's nothing we can do about it, Club or Council related.
Warren Farm on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 2808 viewshoopstilidie

Warren Farm on 14:47 - Jan 30 by Juzzie

"As said before, this is not about QPR in any way. Yes, the club could have done more, they didn't. "

That's a bit of a condradiction though. If it's not about QPR then no, the club could not have done anymore.

If the Club could have done more, then it is about QPR.

So, which is it, one or the other?

"It is about Ealing Council." So why come on here then? There's nothing we can do about it, Club or Council related.

SWF has resorted to muddying the waters as a last resort, nothing more.

Warren Farm on 14:57 - Jan 30 with 2791 viewsDylanP

Warren Farm on 14:51 - Jan 30 by hoopstilidie

SWF has resorted to muddying the waters as a last resort, nothing more.

Which is exactly what this lawsuit is about: Some rich people with fancy lawyers saying not in my back-yard. Anyone can file a lawsuit and write a press release. However, just filing a lawsuit doesn't mean there is any validitiy in the lawsuit.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Warren Farm - be angry at Ealing Council not residents of Ealing on 18:00 - Feb 2 with 2660 viewsSamclarke

Warren Farm on 14:57 - Jan 30 by DylanP

Which is exactly what this lawsuit is about: Some rich people with fancy lawyers saying not in my back-yard. Anyone can file a lawsuit and write a press release. However, just filing a lawsuit doesn't mean there is any validitiy in the lawsuit.

For the record I live in Hanwell so you know transparently where I am coming from. I love sport and think it is positive in many ways. However I am actually quite shocked at the misinformation and misplaced anger on here regarding the battle to keep Warren Farm. Clearly it is based on a lack of understanding about what is going on and why residents of Ealing are having to fight their Council legally. So I would like to offer some clear facts on the matter.
Firstly I would say that I empathise with the frustrations of QPR fans , and I can understand that many here think the Save Warren Farm Group and supporting residents of Ealing are just trying to ruin things for them. But that is simply not the case. We have nothing against QPR, just as you "rationally" should have nothing against us. This is about a potentially illegal deal that Ealing Council has dragged QPR into, and anyone that is angry should direct their anger at Ealing Council. We have all been dragged into this ridiculous mess by them.
The facts are, that many residents of Ealing are not able to sit by and let Ealing council go about their business in any way other than, legally and democratically and if they don't, we have no choice but to make sure they do. If they wont listen to us and the rational argument that they are legally and morally obliged to, then we are left with no choice but to legally insist they do. Hence the need for a judicial review to legally ensure they are. Please believe none of us would waste our time if we didn't believe we had a legal case to answer, we all have lives to live and this is as frustrating for us as it is for you.

Last time I checked Ealing is not a dictatorship, and Ealing Council has no right to "give away" public assets because they can't be bothered to maintain and manage them. The residents of Ealing want to keep their largest local community sports ground in its entirety, as 100% community use, because we need it; and I am sorry if it upsets people but we do have a right to it, because it belongs to Ealing. It is massively used by children and adult sporting groups and what we need is local investment to improve it and keep it for the ever growing sporting population of Ealing now and for the next 200 years.

As an example The Tamil School Sports Association's Summer Tournament of cricket, football and volleyball, and the APNA Annual Primary Schools Football Tournament held on Warren Farm 2013. The later tournament was won by St John's Primary School, a school which has no green space on its site in West Ealing. Organisers were told by Council officers that they would not be able to hold their tournaments at Warren Farm once a new lease was in place.

According to 2010/2011 figures Warren Farm generated 58,000 pounds in pitch fees per annum, therefore costing Ealing Council a minimul 37k to run the biggest recreation ground in Ealing. IF Ealing invested in the site and improved the facilities properly they could make a profit that would more than more than allow Warren Farm to wash its own face into profit. But even with the sub standard changing rooms 58k per annum shows the level of use of Warren Farm to date.

Giving it away for 200 years to anyone in exchange for nice new changing rooms and a bit of a sports hall is just madness. Ealing, drunk on its own power, seem blinded to their duty to protect and leverage our assets. If the directors of QPR gave away your best player for nothing you lot would be up in arms and rightly so.

I can understand that it must be massively frustrating to QPR fans, led astray by Ealing Council to believe they have a right to Warren Farm free for 200 years, but at least balance that with the understanding that we are also not happy to be reduced to being grateful for limited and partial access, fenced off open land, locked out and charged for the pleasure of entering something that has belonged to all residents of Ealing for 50 years. Its a really bad deal and Ealing council should be ashamed.

This argument is about Ealing Council betraying those that voted for them to maintain and improve Ealing not rape it of its assets, and this must be legally addressed.

Hate us if you must, but its up to the courts to decide if we are correct and we will have our day in court.

For the record it is 100s of ordinary people in Ealing that have had to give up their time, money and energy to fight this campaign against Ealing Council, and there are almost 1000 signatures on the petition, not just the online petition, but including the paper petition combined, which are not advertised in the online total. There is a massive ground swell of opinion and rightly so, as people are waking up to what is really going on here. There are many residents who are appalled at what Ealing are attempting to do and the arrogance of how they have gone about it. The people of Ealing are understandably angry that we were not consulted properly, that the story we were given (drip fed and way too late) was not what was actually happening, and that the deal has been done in secrecy. People are shocked that the normal fail safes to ensure councils can't do this sort of thing have been blatantly and deftly side stepped. Isolating stakeholders individually for approval, manipulating due process and forcing this quickly through. Why? I will not go into here, but this is big business and there are many agendas at play here. Sadly the only agenda that is being thrown under the bus, is that the vital agenda of clear thinking Ealing residents keen to protect their assests; that Ealing Council claim to represent.

So again blame Ealing Council for not handling this properly, not our action to stand up for our rights. If QPR can understand that, then they will understand where to place their frustration - at the steps of Percival House, H.Q of Ealing Council. It is only left for me to apologies on Ealing's' behalf that you have been dragged into this, perhaps they will think twice before they treat their electorate with such contempt again. Sadly I believe their arrogance knows no bounds, so It will be the courts that decide and the electorate come May in the local elections.
Warren Farm on 21:04 - Feb 2 with 2515 viewsHollowayRanger

have your day i court by all means

just make sure you pick up the tab if/when you lose

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Warren Farm - be angry at Ealing Council not residents of Ealing on 22:23 - Feb 2 with 2456 viewseastside_r

Warren Farm - be angry at Ealing Council not residents of Ealing on 18:00 - Feb 2 by Samclarke

For the record I live in Hanwell so you know transparently where I am coming from. I love sport and think it is positive in many ways. However I am actually quite shocked at the misinformation and misplaced anger on here regarding the battle to keep Warren Farm. Clearly it is based on a lack of understanding about what is going on and why residents of Ealing are having to fight their Council legally. So I would like to offer some clear facts on the matter.
Firstly I would say that I empathise with the frustrations of QPR fans , and I can understand that many here think the Save Warren Farm Group and supporting residents of Ealing are just trying to ruin things for them. But that is simply not the case. We have nothing against QPR, just as you "rationally" should have nothing against us. This is about a potentially illegal deal that Ealing Council has dragged QPR into, and anyone that is angry should direct their anger at Ealing Council. We have all been dragged into this ridiculous mess by them.
The facts are, that many residents of Ealing are not able to sit by and let Ealing council go about their business in any way other than, legally and democratically and if they don't, we have no choice but to make sure they do. If they wont listen to us and the rational argument that they are legally and morally obliged to, then we are left with no choice but to legally insist they do. Hence the need for a judicial review to legally ensure they are. Please believe none of us would waste our time if we didn't believe we had a legal case to answer, we all have lives to live and this is as frustrating for us as it is for you.

Last time I checked Ealing is not a dictatorship, and Ealing Council has no right to "give away" public assets because they can't be bothered to maintain and manage them. The residents of Ealing want to keep their largest local community sports ground in its entirety, as 100% community use, because we need it; and I am sorry if it upsets people but we do have a right to it, because it belongs to Ealing. It is massively used by children and adult sporting groups and what we need is local investment to improve it and keep it for the ever growing sporting population of Ealing now and for the next 200 years.

As an example The Tamil School Sports Association's Summer Tournament of cricket, football and volleyball, and the APNA Annual Primary Schools Football Tournament held on Warren Farm 2013. The later tournament was won by St John's Primary School, a school which has no green space on its site in West Ealing. Organisers were told by Council officers that they would not be able to hold their tournaments at Warren Farm once a new lease was in place.

According to 2010/2011 figures Warren Farm generated 58,000 pounds in pitch fees per annum, therefore costing Ealing Council a minimul 37k to run the biggest recreation ground in Ealing. IF Ealing invested in the site and improved the facilities properly they could make a profit that would more than more than allow Warren Farm to wash its own face into profit. But even with the sub standard changing rooms 58k per annum shows the level of use of Warren Farm to date.

Giving it away for 200 years to anyone in exchange for nice new changing rooms and a bit of a sports hall is just madness. Ealing, drunk on its own power, seem blinded to their duty to protect and leverage our assets. If the directors of QPR gave away your best player for nothing you lot would be up in arms and rightly so.

I can understand that it must be massively frustrating to QPR fans, led astray by Ealing Council to believe they have a right to Warren Farm free for 200 years, but at least balance that with the understanding that we are also not happy to be reduced to being grateful for limited and partial access, fenced off open land, locked out and charged for the pleasure of entering something that has belonged to all residents of Ealing for 50 years. Its a really bad deal and Ealing council should be ashamed.

This argument is about Ealing Council betraying those that voted for them to maintain and improve Ealing not rape it of its assets, and this must be legally addressed.

Hate us if you must, but its up to the courts to decide if we are correct and we will have our day in court.

For the record it is 100s of ordinary people in Ealing that have had to give up their time, money and energy to fight this campaign against Ealing Council, and there are almost 1000 signatures on the petition, not just the online petition, but including the paper petition combined, which are not advertised in the online total. There is a massive ground swell of opinion and rightly so, as people are waking up to what is really going on here. There are many residents who are appalled at what Ealing are attempting to do and the arrogance of how they have gone about it. The people of Ealing are understandably angry that we were not consulted properly, that the story we were given (drip fed and way too late) was not what was actually happening, and that the deal has been done in secrecy. People are shocked that the normal fail safes to ensure councils can't do this sort of thing have been blatantly and deftly side stepped. Isolating stakeholders individually for approval, manipulating due process and forcing this quickly through. Why? I will not go into here, but this is big business and there are many agendas at play here. Sadly the only agenda that is being thrown under the bus, is that the vital agenda of clear thinking Ealing residents keen to protect their assests; that Ealing Council claim to represent.

So again blame Ealing Council for not handling this properly, not our action to stand up for our rights. If QPR can understand that, then they will understand where to place their frustration - at the steps of Percival House, H.Q of Ealing Council. It is only left for me to apologies on Ealing's' behalf that you have been dragged into this, perhaps they will think twice before they treat their electorate with such contempt again. Sadly I believe their arrogance knows no bounds, so It will be the courts that decide and the electorate come May in the local elections.

Sorry Sam but you don’t sound much different to the previous poster on here SWF.

But just to pick up some of your points:

‘The Tamil School Sports Association's Summer Tournament of cricket, football and volleyball, and the APNA Annual Primary Schools Football Tournament held on Warren Farm‘ ‘Organisers were told [sic] by Council officers that they would not be able to hold their tournaments at Warren Farm once a new lease was in place’. Therefore this is anecdotal, please provide evidence for this. Do you really think our owners would accept a PR disaster such as this?

‘For the record it is 100s of ordinary people in Ealing’ as opposed to the thousands of QPR supporters in LB Ealing.

‘so It will be the courts that decide and the electorate come May in the local elections’ So having described this deal as undemocratic, I challenge the SWF campaign to put up candidates at the election. A word of advice, don’t try to spread yourselves too thinly, stand in only those wards where you have maximum support because the best you can achieve is a token i.e. you’ll never take control of the council.

Then you can come on here after the election after you have lost your deposit and apologise for wasting everyone’s time.
Warren Farm on 22:42 - Feb 2 with 2431 viewsNorthernr

"Members of the Save Warren Farm Campaign, accompanied by their legal team, will be available for photographs and interviews on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice."

My goodness me. Everything you need to know right there.
Warren Farm on 22:45 - Feb 2 with 2421 viewshoopstilidie

Warren Farm on 22:42 - Feb 2 by Northernr

"Members of the Save Warren Farm Campaign, accompanied by their legal team, will be available for photographs and interviews on the steps of the Royal Courts of Justice."

Zackly.

Warren Farm on 13:59 - Feb 4 with 2301 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Warren Farm on 14:58 - Feb 4 with 2237 viewsRangersw12

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/giving-away-61-acre-green-6

Warren Farm on 15:19 - Feb 4 with 2195 viewsHollowayRanger

personally i think they should build tower blocks on it to house 50,000 romanians

win win if you ask me

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Warren Farm on 15:30 - Feb 4 with 2187 viewsPhildo

Warren Farm on 22:42 - Feb 2 by Northernr

It should have said they are available in the phone box outside the RCJ as there don't seem to be many of them.

If i can get on my soapbox for a moment the planning system in this country is buggered. Everyone agrees the housing market is out of control. Everyone agrees we need more houses to solve it. Everyone objects the minute someone threatens to erect as much as a new fence let alone a house. The fence is eventually built but is a shit compromise one and no one is happy.It really would be better to have a corrupt system where you just give someone a bung and the thing gets built. Everyone would know where they stand then.
Warren Farm on 18:24 - Feb 4 with 2066 viewsfrancisbowles

Bungs on a qpr thread, how dare you!
Warren Farm on 19:26 - Feb 4 with 2015 viewsFredManRave

Samclarke wrote; "If the directors of QPR gave away your best player for nothing you lot would be up in arms and rightly so".

Absolute rubbish. We'd be pleased to see the back of Cesar.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Warren Farm on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 1934 viewsBasingstokeR

"Giving it away for 200 years to anyone in exchange for nice new changing rooms and a bit of a sports hall is just madness. Ealing, drunk on its own power, seem blinded to their duty to protect and leverage our assets. If the directors of QPR gave away your best player for nothing you lot would be up in arms and rightly so." ...really?

Wow these guys aren't even talented at twisting things their own way are they? Surely if they have the inclination to come on here and post they could just try to explain themselves clearly without talking in vaguaries, unsubstantiated facts and even some veiled digs!

They should rename from their campaign "Save" Warren Farm. "Leave Warren Farm Alone" might be more appropriate.
Warren Farm - be angry at Ealing Council not residents of Ealing on 21:22 - Feb 4 with 1876 viewsAgedR

Warren Farm - be angry at Ealing Council not residents of Ealing on 18:00 - Feb 2 by Samclarke

This is nothing more than class snobbery.

Middle class individuals bitter that their borough is not quite London, rallying against that terrible working class sport and connected blaggards.

Warren Farm is not a community asset, it's a shit hole. Pure and simple.

I played football there for 20 years and it was always a shit hole.

Let's see how the Costa Coffee set reacts if Ealing hold a referendum to increase Council tax to pay to take the site out of shit holedom.

Contemptuous the lot of you!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:43]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024