Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Expansion. 12:40 - Nov 11 with 22303 viewslifelong

Quite a few fans around me ,and on twitter, last night saying that what is the point of us expanding the stadium when we can't fill it as it is.

Personally I think we should expand it to accommodate 27K maximum.

What is the current situation regarding the expansion program?

I know this subject has been aired on here a few times but has anyone's views changed recently?
The Expansion. on 10:17 - Nov 13 with 1452 views_

The Expansion. on 10:14 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Aye, tis his company on the taglinen last time I received anything. Don't know if that is still the case though, or the working relationship.

In fairness I've just realised I haven't received anything in last couple of months, which either means I'm off the list or they are actually targeting their advertising.

There is a jobs for the boys ethos there though, isn't it....not a lot has changed since Doug sharpe was around except the revenue, of course.

They're all very pally with ol Doug.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 10:22 - Nov 13 with 1444 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 10:17 - Nov 13 by _

There is a jobs for the boys ethos there though, isn't it....not a lot has changed since Doug sharpe was around except the revenue, of course.

They're all very pally with ol Doug.

I certainly haven't seen many things go out to tender or high level positions be advertised, no.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Expansion. on 10:31 - Nov 13 with 1428 viewstomdickharry

The Expansion. on 10:22 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

I certainly haven't seen many things go out to tender or high level positions be advertised, no.

Great point.Vacant high level positions in a club like ours advertised nationally.
The Expansion. on 10:39 - Nov 13 with 1412 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Theyu can hide behind the jobs for the boys ethos by using the "run by fans with the best interests in the club" line which is a bit overused in my opinion

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Expansion. on 10:47 - Nov 13 with 1403 viewsUxbridge

Which, in fairness, is a more than decent argument. I can certainly understand the theory that it's better to appoint from within someone who understands how the club operates rather than someone from the corporate world outside. My take is that a happy medium needs to be found.

The Expansion. on 11:16 - Nov 13 with 1363 views_

The Expansion. on 10:47 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Which, in fairness, is a more than decent argument. I can certainly understand the theory that it's better to appoint from within someone who understands how the club operates rather than someone from the corporate world outside. My take is that a happy medium needs to be found.

My take is, that we, as fan's should be aware of how things operate, not every detail, of course, but an insight so that the guys running our club have got the best interests of the club at heart, for the here and now and future.

Football club's are very insular operations, look at the board members left at ccfc, they're all in the construction industry, what comes next for them, do you think?

They're also pally with our board.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 11:22 - Nov 13 with 1359 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:16 - Nov 13 by _

My take is, that we, as fan's should be aware of how things operate, not every detail, of course, but an insight so that the guys running our club have got the best interests of the club at heart, for the here and now and future.

Football club's are very insular operations, look at the board members left at ccfc, they're all in the construction industry, what comes next for them, do you think?

They're also pally with our board.

Do I think enough is made public to the fans? No. Do I think the club hide behind the goodwill of being "fan run"? Aye, probably. We're all on the same side though I feel.

That's why I view the role of the Supporters Trust as key. They have visibility into the club that most fans couldn't have ... not just from a practical perspective but also from a normal business perspective ... everything can't be made public but it must be made known to a major shareholder. It's a tricky one but the case could be made that the Trust could be more forthcoming also.

The Expansion. on 11:27 - Nov 13 with 1350 views_

The Expansion. on 11:22 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Do I think enough is made public to the fans? No. Do I think the club hide behind the goodwill of being "fan run"? Aye, probably. We're all on the same side though I feel.

That's why I view the role of the Supporters Trust as key. They have visibility into the club that most fans couldn't have ... not just from a practical perspective but also from a normal business perspective ... everything can't be made public but it must be made known to a major shareholder. It's a tricky one but the case could be made that the Trust could be more forthcoming also.

Well that's what's happened to a certain extent, hasn't it. The trust and the Board have kinda become one. Dineen "used" to be the Trust Chairman, now he's a Director.

It'll be Phil next... ;)

But in all seriousness, we as fans need to keep challenging the board of directors, we must not become silent due to the success we've enjoyed.

A club run by supporters for supporters, it had a nice ring to it....

Login to get fewer ads

The Expansion. on 11:35 - Nov 13 with 1346 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Expansion. on 10:47 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Yeah I'm not arguing with that being used - just that it can't be used for everything all the time.

It's not as if Laudrup was a Swansea City fan however the board identified him as the best person to take the club forward on the pitch. The same should really apply to any vacancies within the non-playing staff. The board should identify the best person however they can do it (advertise nationally/internationally etc) and get someone in who can improve us rather than someone who could just do the job. Then hopefully that person will share their expertise for the duration of their time with us.

Bit of an extreme example - but you get my point!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Expansion. on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 1339 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:27 - Nov 13 by _

Well that's what's happened to a certain extent, hasn't it. The trust and the Board have kinda become one. Dineen "used" to be the Trust Chairman, now he's a Director.

It'll be Phil next... ;)

But in all seriousness, we as fans need to keep challenging the board of directors, we must not become silent due to the success we've enjoyed.

A club run by supporters for supporters, it had a nice ring to it....

Ah yes, well, I don't think that was anyone's finest moment. The Trust need to be independent and seen to be independent. As this topic shows there is an opinion amongst some about "jobs for the boys" and seeing someone jump from Trust chairman to 5% shareholder and VC (and now seemingly employed by the club given his comments at the Trust forum, although I've yet to see any official confirmation of that) doesn't help that at all.

Completely agree by the way. It's when we all stop questioning is when I'll start worrying. It's why I can't fathom what's going on down the road.

The Expansion. on 11:42 - Nov 13 with 1335 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:35 - Nov 13 by PatchesOHoulihan

Yeah I'm not arguing with that being used - just that it can't be used for everything all the time.

It's not as if Laudrup was a Swansea City fan however the board identified him as the best person to take the club forward on the pitch. The same should really apply to any vacancies within the non-playing staff. The board should identify the best person however they can do it (advertise nationally/internationally etc) and get someone in who can improve us rather than someone who could just do the job. Then hopefully that person will share their expertise for the duration of their time with us.

Bit of an extreme example - but you get my point!

Oh totally. It's one I've made many times. Right person for the right job. Totally agree.

The Expansion. on 11:44 - Nov 13 with 1331 views_

The Expansion. on 11:41 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Ah yes, well, I don't think that was anyone's finest moment. The Trust need to be independent and seen to be independent. As this topic shows there is an opinion amongst some about "jobs for the boys" and seeing someone jump from Trust chairman to 5% shareholder and VC (and now seemingly employed by the club given his comments at the Trust forum, although I've yet to see any official confirmation of that) doesn't help that at all.

Completely agree by the way. It's when we all stop questioning is when I'll start worrying. It's why I can't fathom what's going on down the road.

Latest whispers on their message board's are Tan's expanding his leisure/hotel empire in the South West, Cardiff, even?

Borley, PMG.... a bit of work for them maybe?

The Expansion. on 11:46 - Nov 13 with 1332 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:44 - Nov 13 by _

Latest whispers on their message board's are Tan's expanding his leisure/hotel empire in the South West, Cardiff, even?

Borley, PMG.... a bit of work for them maybe?

Is it common knowledge yet that Tan's buying back the shares? Not been paying attention.

If only there was a prime bit of land not too far from their city centre ....

The Expansion. on 11:50 - Nov 13 with 1325 views_

The Expansion. on 11:46 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Is it common knowledge yet that Tan's buying back the shares? Not been paying attention.

Not sure he's in a rush to do that or that buying them back would affect any of his plans...

Tis a mystery that's for sure.

The Expansion. on 11:50 - Nov 13 with 1326 viewstomdickharry

The Expansion. on 11:41 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

It states in the latest Trust Board minutes, published for the world to see on their website, that Leigh Dineen is now fully employed by the club as head of the Commercial Department. Did anybody see this announced on the OS.?
The Expansion. on 11:52 - Nov 13 with 1321 views_

The Expansion. on 11:46 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Where's that land by the way?

The Expansion. on 11:53 - Nov 13 with 1321 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:50 - Nov 13 by tomdickharry

It states in the latest Trust Board minutes, published for the world to see on their website, that Leigh Dineen is now fully employed by the club as head of the Commercial Department. Did anybody see this announced on the OS.?

Interesting. Are his role and responsibilities specified? I wonder if that position was advertised?*

*I know the answers I think

The Expansion. on 11:54 - Nov 13 with 1316 views_

The Expansion. on 11:53 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Interesting. Are his role and responsibilities specified? I wonder if that position was advertised?*

*I know the answers I think

Well i know one of them....

Chief Twitterer.

The Expansion. on 11:55 - Nov 13 with 1318 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 11:52 - Nov 13 by _

Where's that land by the way?

Well, there's something on it at the moment, but Lego's easy to move.

Regarding the shares, it's imminent I hear, and my source is very good.

The Expansion. on 12:03 - Nov 13 with 1300 views_

The Expansion. on 11:55 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Well, there's something on it at the moment, but Lego's easy to move.

Regarding the shares, it's imminent I hear, and my source is very good.

Ah is it.... strange then. We better get used to them in the EPL and they better get used to whatever he throws at them.

Makes me wince their fans talking of Tan forking out another £20/£30m in January.

In a thread where we question small detail and a bit more transparency from our board, i'll always be grateful for what they've achieved and proud to know that every penny spent, was more than earned.

The Expansion. on 13:30 - Nov 13 with 1238 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 10:14 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Aye, tis his company on the taglinen last time I received anything. Don't know if that is still the case though, or the working relationship.

In fairness I've just realised I haven't received anything in last couple of months, which either means I'm off the list or they are actually targeting their advertising.

"In fairness I've just realised I haven't received anything in last couple of months, which either means I'm off the list or they are actually targeting their advertising."

I'm a non-season ticket JA member and not received anything either. Genuinely the emails that come out of the club border on spam (like I said they normally go straight into my junk folder anyway!) rather than a series of personalised, targeted emails that enhance a customer experience.

They make the club look very amateurish in my opinion.

Thinking about it - I have received more from TMG Sport than from the club!

The club really are missing a trick - what other marketing channel (apart from SEO) is as cheap as email, which costs anything from 50p per 1000 contacts, yet offers staggering ROI when done correctly.

Someone mentioned the Trust AGM, I will keep an eye out for details of this, as this could be the channel needed.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 13:46 - Nov 13 with 1227 viewsUxbridge

Monday 25th Nov at the Lib. I wonder if there'll be sausage rolls?

The Expansion. on 13:48 - Nov 13 with 1225 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 13:46 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Monday 25th Nov at the Lib. I wonder if there'll be sausage rolls?

What time? I live a few hrs from Swansea.

Can I submit anything in writing if I can't make it?

Cheers

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 13:49 - Nov 13 with 1221 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 13:48 - Nov 13 by el_pancho

What time? I live a few hrs from Swansea.

Can I submit anything in writing if I can't make it?

Cheers

1930-2100. I'm sure Phil could arrange for a question to be answered.

The Expansion. on 14:30 - Nov 13 with 1179 views_

The Expansion. on 13:49 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

1930-2100. I'm sure Phil could arrange for a question to be answered.

Quick though, before they put him on the pay-roll ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024