Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Expansion. 12:40 - Nov 11 with 22305 viewslifelong

Quite a few fans around me ,and on twitter, last night saying that what is the point of us expanding the stadium when we can't fill it as it is.

Personally I think we should expand it to accommodate 27K maximum.

What is the current situation regarding the expansion program?

I know this subject has been aired on here a few times but has anyone's views changed recently?
The Expansion. on 17:23 - Nov 14 with 1648 viewsmonmouth

The Expansion. on 17:04 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

His not infrequent appearances on various forums and other types of social media defending club decisions against legitimate complaints from supporters?

Only recently he was posting on Facebook justifying current ticket prices as the only way of "remaining competitive", when the club could knock a tenner off and lose less than £500,000 in income over a season.

Whist of course paying £2m dividends to shareholders, and no I'm not trying to reopen that debate, and nor am I particularly sore about it, just making a point in terms of a club run by the fans for the fans, and the comments quoted from the Trust Director.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Expansion. on 19:11 - Nov 14 with 1581 viewsItchySphincter

The Expansion. on 12:42 - Nov 14 by whiterock

So someone buys a ST at a discounted price but only comes to the best 12 games

It never worked like that but what does it matter which games they attend.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Expansion. on 19:12 - Nov 14 with 1579 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 19:11 - Nov 14 by ItchySphincter

It never worked like that but what does it matter which games they attend.

Because the top games already sell out at the drop of a hat.

There might be mileage in this if the stadium was at the 32,000 maximum.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Expansion. on 19:58 - Nov 14 with 1544 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 17:23 - Nov 14 by monmouth

Whist of course paying £2m dividends to shareholders, and no I'm not trying to reopen that debate, and nor am I particularly sore about it, just making a point in terms of a club run by the fans for the fans, and the comments quoted from the Trust Director.

The supporters director has fought hard for cheaper prices but is only one of nine, perhaps the vote went against on this occasion. £500k might seem like a drop in the ocean but no other club will do it and we need to compete as strongly as we can with the clubs in our league and half a mill would have an impact and that was the point. He's winning on away travel, £200k is being spent this season, the top 6 are doing very little on this front.
The Expansion. on 20:02 - Nov 14 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 19:58 - Nov 14 by whiterock

The supporters director has fought hard for cheaper prices but is only one of nine, perhaps the vote went against on this occasion. £500k might seem like a drop in the ocean but no other club will do it and we need to compete as strongly as we can with the clubs in our league and half a mill would have an impact and that was the point. He's winning on away travel, £200k is being spent this season, the top 6 are doing very little on this front.

Fighting hard against it by arguing for it? Hmmmmm.

We're competing now whilst paying seven figure dividends. That's kinda the whole point. I have no problem with shareholders earning some return, but chuck a little the supporters way too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 20:16 - Nov 14 with 1520 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 20:02 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Fighting hard against it by arguing for it? Hmmmmm.

We're competing now whilst paying seven figure dividends. That's kinda the whole point. I have no problem with shareholders earning some return, but chuck a little the supporters way too.

Yep, team player and wouldnt compromise others, love to see it happen but democracy rules ok
The Expansion. on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 1516 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 20:16 - Nov 14 by whiterock

Yep, team player and wouldnt compromise others, love to see it happen but democracy rules ok

He could have said nothing. He didn't have to get involved in the conversation.

Sorry. Not buying it at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 20:18 - Nov 14 with 1515 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Expansion. on 20:16 - Nov 14 by whiterock

He's not supposed to be a "team player" and if he is he should be on the side of the fans, not the moneygrabbing corporate entity that is SCFC these days.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The Expansion. on 20:23 - Nov 14 with 1505 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 19:58 - Nov 14 by whiterock

Well that's a different angle on it anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24446082

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Expansion. on 20:57 - Nov 14 with 1473 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 20:18 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

He could have said nothing. He didn't have to get involved in the conversation.

Sorry. Not buying it at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What was taken out?
The Expansion. on 21:55 - Nov 14 with 1433 viewsWatchman

If the club .. 'directors' are paying dividend then it is no longer by the fans for the fans sorry it simply does not add up.
It always will be difficult for the Trust in times of strength to be heard but all dividend should have been given to the Trust in case of hard times.
Sorry but this is a fan who first saw the Swans in 1972 and the only times I have seen SCFC in the EPL is away from home, ALL dividend should have been given to expand the stadium to get as many of the JA to see the lads at home as soon as is possible

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Expansion. on 07:28 - Nov 15 with 1359 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 20:57 - Nov 14 by whiterock

What was taken out?

What was taken out of what?

The Expansion. on 07:59 - Nov 15 with 1345 viewsItchySphincter

The Expansion. on 21:55 - Nov 14 by Watchman

If the club .. 'directors' are paying dividend then it is no longer by the fans for the fans sorry it simply does not add up.
It always will be difficult for the Trust in times of strength to be heard but all dividend should have been given to the Trust in case of hard times.
Sorry but this is a fan who first saw the Swans in 1972 and the only times I have seen SCFC in the EPL is away from home, ALL dividend should have been given to expand the stadium to get as many of the JA to see the lads at home as soon as is possible

Rubbish. You think the people who are running the club on a day to day basis should do it for next to fvck all? It's a full time job and my understanding is that basic salaries are not that competitive so a dividend makes perfect sense. If it is there, pay it, if it's not you can't. A lot of those involved had other business interests which for some suffered when they got involved with running the club. It's run fine and besides ticket prices don't fix what aint broke.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Expansion. on 08:02 - Nov 15 with 1345 viewslonglostjack

The Expansion. on 07:28 - Nov 15 by Dr_Winston

What was taken out of what?

I don't understand why you haven't been able to get a ticket for a home game. As a JA member I even managed to get a ticket for the Liverpool game this season. Regarding the dividend aspect I wouldn't like to see it become a regular thing and would prefer to see more initiatives for the fans such as the £ 20 is plenty for the away games.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Expansion. on 08:52 - Nov 15 with 1307 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 07:59 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

Rubbish. You think the people who are running the club on a day to day basis should do it for next to fvck all? It's a full time job and my understanding is that basic salaries are not that competitive so a dividend makes perfect sense. If it is there, pay it, if it's not you can't. A lot of those involved had other business interests which for some suffered when they got involved with running the club. It's run fine and besides ticket prices don't fix what aint broke.

Your understanding is incorrect. Jenkins earns £200k on top of his dividend. This is public record based on the filed accounts which you can access at Companies House for £1 (something I advise everyone to occasionally look at ... you see all sorts of things on there regarding finances, ownership changes etc). I've heard figures for Dineen but as they are not public it may not be appropriate to share them, but I think we can say with confidence they won't be minimum wage.

The issues with dividends is a complex one. My take is that I can put up with it so long as a) they are not at the expense of the club and b) similar consideration is given to compensating the fans. Some positive things have been done in that area but I'd like to see more ... to put into context a straight £50 reduction in season tickets across the board is the same as the annual dividend we pay the shareholders.

The role of the SD is even more complex. It's not a job I envy. The problem is that there will always be accusations about siding with the board if you see the SD having an excellent working relationship with the board and seeming to protect them from criticism, especially if they've been in the role for some time. For what its worth I think it's more an issue of perception than anything.

The Expansion. on 08:56 - Nov 15 with 1301 views_

The Expansion. on 21:55 - Nov 14 by Watchman

That's a hell of a point and well said.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 08:57 - Nov 15 with 1300 views_

The Expansion. on 07:59 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

Hang on a sec, Casey's roofing was going down the pan anyway, and a couple of hundred grand a year isn't 'doing it for nothing'!!

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 09:07 - Nov 15 with 1283 views3swan

Couple of comments to add

I.S states that the salary isn't competitive, I would guess that it is still a very good one and that comparing it against others isn't really on, as what's the chance of our board members 'applying' for another role?
I agree with the comment from Uxbridge that the role of the SD being about perception (me included) as he will hear and see the full picture being discussed which we don't get to know about. This is understandable but there was a blog on the Trust site in March about his role, maybe time for a follow up?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2013 9:08]
The Expansion. on 09:09 - Nov 15 with 1278 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 08:57 - Nov 15 by _

Hang on a sec, Casey's roofing was going down the pan anyway, and a couple of hundred grand a year isn't 'doing it for nothing'!!

Casey's roofing may or may not have gone down the pan, HJ spending 75% of his time on a club that I hold close to my heart didn't help, I, for one am grateful.
The Expansion. on 09:13 - Nov 15 with 1269 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 08:57 - Nov 15 by _

No need to mention Caseys.
Bang out of order,this is the kind of personal comment that is not needed,it isn't really surprising they people at the club want nothing to do with you when you expect a response on Twitter.

Out of curiosity have you called in for that chat with Leigh Dineen yet?
You know the one,the one where he invited you to call in for a chat.

No need to answer we all know what it is.

The Expansion. on 09:22 - Nov 15 with 1254 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 09:13 - Nov 15 by Darran

Bang out of order,this is the kind of personal comment that is not needed,it isn't really surprising they people at the club want nothing to do with you when you expect a response on Twitter.

No need for that. He raised a valid point, and it wasn't him that originally linked the downturn in HJ's roofing company to the club.

Anyway, I've got no issue with the people running the club earning decent salaries ... we ain't a charity. However it's also right to question whether the right people are in the right roles and whether they're compensated appropriately. The day we stop doing that is when I'll worry.

The Expansion. on 09:28 - Nov 15 with 1241 views_

The Expansion. on 09:13 - Nov 15 by Darran

That's the only business that apparently 'suffered' and is often reeled out when this sort of debate comes out, it's also very much no secret.

The board of directors have done a sterling job the last 10 years or so but make no bones about it, SCFC has been as good to them as they have been to us. The way our club has been run in the time since I have watched us has gone from the dark and mysterious closed door approach to the completely transparent and run for the fans by the fans to inching back towards the former.

Since we got to the Premier League with all it's riches and trappings I'd say there's been a growing separation between fans and Board and a growing feeling that the club and it's board these days are all about the dollar.

Re Dineen, I asked if I could see him before the West Ham game, he said he was busy. I'm not in Swansea in the week, I work.

The Expansion. on 09:37 - Nov 15 with 1227 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 09:22 - Nov 15 by Uxbridge

No need for that. He raised a valid point, and it wasn't him that originally linked the downturn in HJ's roofing company to the club.

Anyway, I've got no issue with the people running the club earning decent salaries ... we ain't a charity. However it's also right to question whether the right people are in the right roles and whether they're compensated appropriately. The day we stop doing that is when I'll worry.

Rubbish,he's always been personal towards Jenkins and there's no need for it.

The Expansion. on 09:41 - Nov 15 with 1227 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 09:28 - Nov 15 by _

That's the only business that apparently 'suffered' and is often reeled out when this sort of debate comes out, it's also very much no secret.

The board of directors have done a sterling job the last 10 years or so but make no bones about it, SCFC has been as good to them as they have been to us. The way our club has been run in the time since I have watched us has gone from the dark and mysterious closed door approach to the completely transparent and run for the fans by the fans to inching back towards the former.

Since we got to the Premier League with all it's riches and trappings I'd say there's been a growing separation between fans and Board and a growing feeling that the club and it's board these days are all about the dollar.

Re Dineen, I asked if I could see him before the West Ham game, he said he was busy. I'm not in Swansea in the week, I work.

The Supporters Trust board are abreast of all major things going on at our club and as guardians they are accountable to its members, unfortunately it cannot be as candid as it wants, the good relationship would soon break down. Trust is the operative word.
The Expansion. on 09:50 - Nov 15 with 1221 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 09:41 - Nov 15 by whiterock

The Supporters Trust board are abreast of all major things going on at our club and as guardians they are accountable to its members, unfortunately it cannot be as candid as it wants, the good relationship would soon break down. Trust is the operative word.

True there needs to be balance. I think all we're debating is whether the right balance is struck. Mostly it is I reckon, but on some issues I'd like to see more openness and forcefulness. All opinions though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024