Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Expansion. 12:40 - Nov 11 with 22301 viewslifelong

Quite a few fans around me ,and on twitter, last night saying that what is the point of us expanding the stadium when we can't fill it as it is.

Personally I think we should expand it to accommodate 27K maximum.

What is the current situation regarding the expansion program?

I know this subject has been aired on here a few times but has anyone's views changed recently?
The Expansion. on 16:49 - Nov 13 with 1986 viewsjohnlangy

The Expansion. on 13:49 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

1930-2100. I'm sure Phil could arrange for a question to be answered.

There is an 'Open forum by members present' section in the agenda. All the questions posed by replies to this thread can be asked then (just contact someone who's attending).

And you don't have to wait for the AGM to ask questions. Just email the Trust via the website. No need to guess at what's happening, which means you're almost certainly wrong. Just ask.
The Expansion. on 17:07 - Nov 13 with 1972 viewsjojaca

The cheapest season tickets this season for 1 adult and 1 child is roughly £550. If I paid matchday prices for me and my son £550 will only go as far has 9/10 games. That is why, I will wait for season tickets to become available.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Expansion. on 17:21 - Nov 13 with 1954 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 16:49 - Nov 13 by johnlangy

There is an 'Open forum by members present' section in the agenda. All the questions posed by replies to this thread can be asked then (just contact someone who's attending).

And you don't have to wait for the AGM to ask questions. Just email the Trust via the website. No need to guess at what's happening, which means you're almost certainly wrong. Just ask.

Absolutely. It's what I do.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Expansion. on 18:25 - Nov 13 with 1907 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 11:27 - Nov 13 by _

Well that's what's happened to a certain extent, hasn't it. The trust and the Board have kinda become one. Dineen "used" to be the Trust Chairman, now he's a Director.

It'll be Phil next... ;)

But in all seriousness, we as fans need to keep challenging the board of directors, we must not become silent due to the success we've enjoyed.

A club run by supporters for supporters, it had a nice ring to it....

Couldn't agree more.

The role of the trust director as I see it is to go in to bat for the supporters, even if that involves arguing against a course of action that the club has chosen to take. Not sure the one that we've got now does that often enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 19:44 - Nov 13 with 1854 views_

The Expansion. on 18:25 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't agree more.

The role of the trust director as I see it is to go in to bat for the supporters, even if that involves arguing against a course of action that the club has chosen to take. Not sure the one that we've got now does that often enough.

It was inevitable that would happen and always will I fear.

I can imagine any Trust Rep at board level succumbing to a VIP treatment of sorts, they'd soon forget the bones of contention at ground level.

And that's not naming any names, far from it, just a perception I get of human nature. And yeah, everybody, I do know anyone can apply for whatever post's they are...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Expansion. on 21:05 - Nov 13 with 1807 viewsPureRockFury

I notice that Norwich, a club in 'our league' (sorry Huw...), have postponed plans to expand Carrow Road and instead spend the money on the first-team to secure Premiership status. As much as I am in favour of expansion, I just get the feeling the wind is also blowing in this direction for us. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get any substantial increase in capacity this close-season.

Even the bad times were good.

The Expansion. on 23:40 - Nov 13 with 1742 viewsGlyn1

The Expansion. on 13:48 - Nov 13 by el_pancho

What time? I live a few hrs from Swansea.

Can I submit anything in writing if I can't make it?

Cheers

Perhaps you live nearer to London than Swansea? If so, don't overlook the Swans Fans Forum at the London Welsh Centre on Friday 22 November (i.e. the evening before the Fulham match). The Chairman will be answering questions from the supporters.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Expansion. on 00:00 - Nov 14 with 1732 viewsScoobyWho

Thing is we can and do fill the stadium most of the time, and sometimes, and it is rare that we don't. The Liberty screams out for expansion, so the games that now are sold out, can be sold out even more. Stands to reason that if a game is sold out, then there will be more at those games if more seats were available. Not every club needs to sell out every game to justify an expansion. Newcastle don't, neither Arsenal nor Norwich or West Ham. Fact is if we grow now, the bigger games will still sell out ( but even more so ) thus encouraging more people to come most of the time, and this will make the smaller games better populated.

Bigger stadiums making the games more accessible to fans will encourage more to come, for all matches. Big and small alike.

Trust me, this is right.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 0:01]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Expansion. on 06:30 - Nov 14 with 1687 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 00:00 - Nov 14 by ScoobyWho

Thing is we can and do fill the stadium most of the time, and sometimes, and it is rare that we don't. The Liberty screams out for expansion, so the games that now are sold out, can be sold out even more. Stands to reason that if a game is sold out, then there will be more at those games if more seats were available. Not every club needs to sell out every game to justify an expansion. Newcastle don't, neither Arsenal nor Norwich or West Ham. Fact is if we grow now, the bigger games will still sell out ( but even more so ) thus encouraging more people to come most of the time, and this will make the smaller games better populated.

Bigger stadiums making the games more accessible to fans will encourage more to come, for all matches. Big and small alike.

Trust me, this is right.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 0:01]

Spot on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 08:40 - Nov 14 with 1643 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 06:30 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

Spot on.

I think we would easily fill a 27k stadium, especially with the season ticket waiting list.

However the club can't rely on non-season ticket holders just purchasing these tickets, there needs to be underlying awareness of these tickets being available via a strong crm and marketing strategy (I know I keep harping on about this - but feel the club are throwing away millions by not addressing this).

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 09:53 - Nov 14 with 1609 viewsbuilthjack

The Expansion. on 08:40 - Nov 14 by el_pancho

I think we would easily fill a 27k stadium, especially with the season ticket waiting list.

However the club can't rely on non-season ticket holders just purchasing these tickets, there needs to be underlying awareness of these tickets being available via a strong crm and marketing strategy (I know I keep harping on about this - but feel the club are throwing away millions by not addressing this).

Agree, the marketing is poor, lots they could do to get rid of any empty seats. I am sure that if they had a database of names to ring they could sell them over the phone.
As for the expansion, yes, it needs to be 25-27000

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Expansion. on 10:41 - Nov 14 with 1577 viewstomdickharry

The Expansion. on 21:05 - Nov 13 by PureRockFury

I notice that Norwich, a club in 'our league' (sorry Huw...), have postponed plans to expand Carrow Road and instead spend the money on the first-team to secure Premiership status. As much as I am in favour of expansion, I just get the feeling the wind is also blowing in this direction for us. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get any substantial increase in capacity this close-season.

Hit the nail firmly on the head,planning permission hasn't been granted yet either.Possibly the way forward is
1,Planning permission approved Dec 2013 - Feb 2014.
2.Premier League status 2013/2014 season ensured.
3.Appoint a new manager assuming Laudrup leaves in May 2014.
4.Summer 2024 new manager revamps playing/backroom staff.
5.2014/2015 season, although planning permission in place wait to see how season pans out before committing to expansion.
The board are in a chicken and egg situation and probably will err on the side of caution,both in committing significant funding to the expansion and playing staff,like Norwich could be one or the other for a few years yet.
The Expansion. on 10:52 - Nov 14 with 1568 viewsUxbridge

The Expansion. on 10:41 - Nov 14 by tomdickharry

Hit the nail firmly on the head,planning permission hasn't been granted yet either.Possibly the way forward is
1,Planning permission approved Dec 2013 - Feb 2014.
2.Premier League status 2013/2014 season ensured.
3.Appoint a new manager assuming Laudrup leaves in May 2014.
4.Summer 2024 new manager revamps playing/backroom staff.
5.2014/2015 season, although planning permission in place wait to see how season pans out before committing to expansion.
The board are in a chicken and egg situation and probably will err on the side of caution,both in committing significant funding to the expansion and playing staff,like Norwich could be one or the other for a few years yet.

We've waited three full seasons to extend the stadium. There'll always be another season we need to survive. We must build and we must build now. I really hope the club don't postpone again.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Expansion. on 10:55 - Nov 14 with 1561 viewsbuilthjack

The Expansion. on 10:52 - Nov 14 by Uxbridge

We've waited three full seasons to extend the stadium. There'll always be another season we need to survive. We must build and we must build now. I really hope the club don't postpone again.

Agree, it needs to go ahead ASAP for the club to move forward

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Expansion. on 11:03 - Nov 14 with 1551 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 17:21 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Absolutely. It's what I do.

Plus there is a London Forum next week, the Forum at the Liberty was very open and I don't think a question was ducked

So aside from the AGM, by phoning the Trust hotline, in person at the pod on matchdays, via email to the Trust website, twitter and facebook, on here and SCFC most angles are covered by the Trust
The Expansion. on 11:20 - Nov 14 with 1539 viewsDyfnant

The club aren't utilising the JA scheme properly either. They know well in advance roughly how many tickets the away side require. They should've offered 10 JA points for Stoke and should do the same for Newcastle coming up. Bar that, offer the tickets to school kids in the out lying areas or we'll end up with empty rows again

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Expansion. on 12:07 - Nov 14 with 1508 viewsItchySphincter

Bring back 12 game books. Brilliant they were. Exchange your vouchers for tickets the week before the game, can't go wrong, the club will know exactly the amount left for general sale. In this day and age it probably wouldn't be difficult to have an online system.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Expansion. on 12:42 - Nov 14 with 1484 viewswhiterock

The Expansion. on 12:07 - Nov 14 by ItchySphincter

Bring back 12 game books. Brilliant they were. Exchange your vouchers for tickets the week before the game, can't go wrong, the club will know exactly the amount left for general sale. In this day and age it probably wouldn't be difficult to have an online system.

So someone buys a ST at a discounted price but only comes to the best 12 games
The Expansion. on 13:32 - Nov 14 with 1456 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 11:20 - Nov 14 by Dyfnant

The club aren't utilising the JA scheme properly either. They know well in advance roughly how many tickets the away side require. They should've offered 10 JA points for Stoke and should do the same for Newcastle coming up. Bar that, offer the tickets to school kids in the out lying areas or we'll end up with empty rows again

Agreed - there is so much they could be doing with the data that they have, but they seem oblivious to how much revenue this can drive.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 13:36 - Nov 14 with 1452 viewswhiterock

More seats going as I type
The Expansion. on 14:58 - Nov 14 with 1415 viewsPureRockFury

We need to push hard to get a sponsor on board to help with the funding of any expansion.
I'm sure the club have been looking at this; not sure how long is left on the Liberty naming rights deal, but I'm sure it's worth peanuts and can be substantially improved upon.

If Derby can get this kind of deal in the Championship....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24930477

We still have to pay for the completion of Fairwood after laying out over £6 million on Landore. Trying to compete in the Prem is hard enough without having to spend huge sums on trying to catch-up with the kind of facilities taken for granted at other clubs.

I'm sure it's not beyond the directors, in the current football landscape, to get a partner on board to help fund a realistic expansion up to around 27500 via a new tier on the East Stand with naming rights for the whole stadium etc. Any subsequent expansion can be put on the back burner until we see how things develop.

My own view is that if we don't end up with a stadium increased to at least 27000 then we've missed a historic opportunity to change the future of the club that we may not get again for a long long time.

Even the bad times were good.

The Expansion. on 16:30 - Nov 14 with 1371 viewsDevz00

The Expansion. on 14:58 - Nov 14 by PureRockFury

We need to push hard to get a sponsor on board to help with the funding of any expansion.
I'm sure the club have been looking at this; not sure how long is left on the Liberty naming rights deal, but I'm sure it's worth peanuts and can be substantially improved upon.

If Derby can get this kind of deal in the Championship....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24930477

We still have to pay for the completion of Fairwood after laying out over £6 million on Landore. Trying to compete in the Prem is hard enough without having to spend huge sums on trying to catch-up with the kind of facilities taken for granted at other clubs.

I'm sure it's not beyond the directors, in the current football landscape, to get a partner on board to help fund a realistic expansion up to around 27500 via a new tier on the East Stand with naming rights for the whole stadium etc. Any subsequent expansion can be put on the back burner until we see how things develop.

My own view is that if we don't end up with a stadium increased to at least 27000 then we've missed a historic opportunity to change the future of the club that we may not get again for a long long time.

SWEP article here - http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Stadium-11-000-extra-seats-new/story-19797186-

SWANS fans could be watching Premier League football in a newly-named and expanded stadium in the coming seasons.
Club bosses have confirmed that an application to expand the Liberty Stadium will soon be submitted to Swansea Council.

The club lodged a formal planning application to extend the Liberty Stadium's capacity by around 11,000 over the next three to five years in April this year.
The proposals would see the North, South and East Stands of the stadium extended in three phases.

The club has confirmed it will not be expanding the West Stand at the Liberty.
However, as the current deal with the ground's sponsors will soon run out, the days of the top tier football Liberty Stadium could be numbered – at least in name only. Club chairman Huw Jenkins and vice chairman Leigh Dineen confirmed the plans at a fans forum meeting this week.
Mr Jenkins said: "The planning permission application for stadium expansion will be in before Christmas. We are just finalising the proposed travel plan to go along with the application, which the council want.
"Money has not been ring-fenced for stadium expansion. Year on year our focus is on making sure we are in the Premier League and that dictates what we do. The redevelopment is designed to be done in stages. That means that we can spread the cost of it financially, and it also means we can decide as we go along whether we need to progress with each stage. Initially the redevelopment will involve the East Stand only."
Mr Dineen also confirmed that the club wanted to introduce big screens at the newly expanded ground.
He added: "We will look into putting jumbotron screens in at the stadium. They are part of the plans and when we expand they will come into place."
During the fans forum meeting, which came just days before the Swans take on two glamorous fixtures, hosting Liverpool before travelling to Valencia in the Europa League, Mr Dineen also confirmed that the name of the Swans stadium could change in the coming years.
He said: "The stadium naming rights have another two years to run, but we are now looking at the future.
"We are in the market place looking to see if there are any interested parties."
The club's vice-chairman added that the club would only be doing a deal which would give the ground an appropriate name.
He said: "One thing is getting the right price for the naming rights, but we don't want to agree to a name which would not be appropriate."

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Expansion. on 16:56 - Nov 14 with 1354 viewsjohnlangy

The Expansion. on 18:25 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't agree more.

'Not sure the one that we've got now does that often enough'.

And your reason for saying that is ?
The Expansion. on 17:04 - Nov 14 with 1350 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 16:56 - Nov 14 by johnlangy

'Not sure the one that we've got now does that often enough'.

And your reason for saying that is ?

His not infrequent appearances on various forums and other types of social media defending club decisions against legitimate complaints from supporters?

Only recently he was posting on Facebook justifying current ticket prices as the only way of "remaining competitive", when the club could knock a tenner off and lose less than £500,000 in income over a season.

The Expansion. on 17:10 - Nov 14 with 1343 viewsParlay

The Expansion. on 17:04 - Nov 14 by Dr_Winston

His not infrequent appearances on various forums and other types of social media defending club decisions against legitimate complaints from supporters?

Only recently he was posting on Facebook justifying current ticket prices as the only way of "remaining competitive", when the club could knock a tenner off and lose less than £500,000 in income over a season.

We should always have a stadium that exceeds the demand not just closely satisfies it. This gives us room for growth and financially helps us with the big games.

It doesnt matter if we dint sell out week in week out. I know tens if people who would buy a season ticket if they could. Im over in Australia so meet many that are exiles but moving back and would definitely buy one, im one of them.

Right now the restrictions dont allow that.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024