Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Expansion. 12:40 - Nov 11 with 22306 viewslifelong

Quite a few fans around me ,and on twitter, last night saying that what is the point of us expanding the stadium when we can't fill it as it is.

Personally I think we should expand it to accommodate 27K maximum.

What is the current situation regarding the expansion program?

I know this subject has been aired on here a few times but has anyone's views changed recently?
The Expansion. on 14:20 - Nov 11 with 2154 viewsel_pancho

The Expansion. on 14:10 - Nov 11 by max936

I'd have thought that the majority of empty seats yesterday were bought and payed for by season ticket holders who didn't bother attending, if "that" is the case, I'd have thought it would be difficult if not impossible to re-sell those seasts to others. There were 3 empty seats alongside me yesterday that are held by season ticket holders, I may add that they very rarely miss games.

I disagree with this point.

There are plenty of programs that offer a "marketplace" when fans can purchase tickets off each other (e.g. Stubhub - which I believe Spurs use, and am certain it is used in baseball and American football).

I know there are more restrictions with selling tickets for football matches, but you could sell these to non-season ticket JA members, who you know are Swans fans and already registered, plus the ST holder gets some money for selling it, and the club could take a % cut too. Everyone's a winner baby! (Oh and Stubhub don't let you sell above face value - which stops touting)

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

The Expansion. on 14:23 - Nov 11 with 2150 viewsmax936

The Expansion. on 14:20 - Nov 11 by el_pancho

I disagree with this point.

There are plenty of programs that offer a "marketplace" when fans can purchase tickets off each other (e.g. Stubhub - which I believe Spurs use, and am certain it is used in baseball and American football).

I know there are more restrictions with selling tickets for football matches, but you could sell these to non-season ticket JA members, who you know are Swans fans and already registered, plus the ST holder gets some money for selling it, and the club could take a % cut too. Everyone's a winner baby! (Oh and Stubhub don't let you sell above face value - which stops touting)

Thats great, I honestly didn't know. Thanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Expansion. on 14:26 - Nov 11 with 2148 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Arsenal have a system whereby season ticket holders unable to attend a game can sell their seat through official channels and the club issues a ticket for that game to the purchaser.

So the sale is at face value and the season ticket holder doesn't have to part with his season ticket.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Expansion. on 14:31 - Nov 11 with 2134 viewsmax936

The Expansion. on 14:26 - Nov 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Arsenal have a system whereby season ticket holders unable to attend a game can sell their seat through official channels and the club issues a ticket for that game to the purchaser.

So the sale is at face value and the season ticket holder doesn't have to part with his season ticket.

Got to be a way forward that, to enable us to increase our fan base and would hopefully give a good indicator on the size of expansion needed in the plus or minus column, so to speak

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Expansion. on 15:03 - Nov 11 with 2091 viewsperchrockjack

More than one from Aberdare then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Expansion. on 15:39 - Nov 11 with 2078 viewswestside

when the away club returns half it's allocation the tickets need to be better advertised so that public know that there are tickets available.

sunday games dont help the attendance as people won't travel and trains are rubbish on sunday etc
The Expansion. on 15:53 - Nov 11 with 2061 viewsJackanapes

A more relevant question than "how many empty seats are there at a game against Stoke?" is "how many people are left wanting tickets vs Utd?" .

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Expansion. on 15:58 - Nov 11 with 2047 viewswestside

it was remberance sunday with lots of services, events and parades going on such as in st marys church on sunday afternoon.

and man u v arsenal was on sky
Login to get fewer ads

The Expansion. on 16:10 - Nov 11 with 2034 viewsjojaca

I am willing to buy season tickets for me and my son at aroung £550+, but I am not willing to pay matchday prices £52/£62. I will not attend a game until season tickets become available.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Expansion. on 16:25 - Nov 11 with 2018 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 16:10 - Nov 11 by jojaca

I am willing to buy season tickets for me and my son at aroung £550+, but I am not willing to pay matchday prices £52/£62. I will not attend a game until season tickets become available.

And you're far from alone in that view.

We'd sell another 4-5,000 season tickets if we had the space to do so IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 16:31 - Nov 11 with 2010 views2face

The goal is not to sell out every game. The goal is that fans should be able to get tickets for all games. It's the fans perspective that needs to be considered, not some vain concept about having a club that sells out every game. What is so great about turning away fans?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 22:13]
The Expansion. on 16:48 - Nov 11 with 1990 viewsDyfnant

We've recently been liable for millions in tax on our profits, little sense in that

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Expansion. on 17:17 - Nov 11 with 1944 viewsjohnlangy

The Expansion. on 12:46 - Nov 11 by whiterock

There is no start date, how can there be?

There have been so many threads about this. I'll repeat what HJ said (at a Fans Forum I believe).

When the board believes we are staying up this season work will start around March on the first stage ie the East Stand (straight bit, not the bends joining with North and South).
The Expansion. on 17:27 - Nov 11 with 1936 viewsDr_Winston

The Expansion. on 17:17 - Nov 11 by johnlangy

There have been so many threads about this. I'll repeat what HJ said (at a Fans Forum I believe).

When the board believes we are staying up this season work will start around March on the first stage ie the East Stand (straight bit, not the bends joining with North and South).

A request for planning permission goes in in December. Leigh Dineen said so at the Trust book launch.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Expansion. on 17:36 - Nov 11 with 1922 viewsjohnlangy

The Expansion. on 17:27 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

A request for planning permission goes in in December. Leigh Dineen said so at the Trust book launch.

And the plans for all the stages are currently with the Council and any of you can just go to County Hall and ask to check them out.
The Expansion. on 17:38 - Nov 11 with 1856 viewsAl_Bundy

Quite simple... expand to 25k and market the club correctly with regard to ticket sales

The big matches will sell out anyway.

If we wait until we are perceived stable prem side then expansion will never happen.

A city with no ambition
The Expansion. on 17:46 - Nov 11 with 1845 viewsFlipper

The Expansion. on 13:02 - Nov 11 by Darran

So the Aberdare Massive don't oh because they can't hold hands with each other?
F*ck my eyes.

A bit like sex, attending a football match CAN be done on your own, but it's more fun with a friend (or even a group), :-)

Like it or not, it IS a valid reason that puts people off.
Expansion would hopefully offer more options, and the seats would be mostly filled
I like the Arsenal idea for re-selling seats that won't be used for particular matches.

Wicked. Carter, bust out the gatling guns. I want to be revered as a god by teatime.

The Expansion. on 17:57 - Nov 11 with 1836 viewsJackbustard

The Expansion. on 17:46 - Nov 11 by Flipper

A bit like sex, attending a football match CAN be done on your own, but it's more fun with a friend (or even a group), :-)

Expansion would hopefully offer more options, and the seats would be mostly filled
I like the Arsenal idea for re-selling seats that won't be used for particular matches.

Darran doesn't have this issue, he has no friends so has always had to go on his own.
The Expansion. on 18:59 - Nov 11 with 1790 viewsEvanski

The Expansion. on 17:46 - Nov 11 by Flipper

Totally agree. For example, during our championship winning season in 2007-08 the mrs attended 8 games with me because we could sit together. Since promotion to the PL she has only attended away games where she can sit with me. Likewise, her little nephew from Pwllheli came to a few games with me before we were promoted because he could sit with me. Since promotion he's been to one away game. It's definitely an issue and needs addressing.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

The Expansion. on 19:33 - Nov 11 with 1756 viewsowainglyndwr

I said the same thing this morning, it was to late for fans to sort out tickets when most think all tickets are sold, needs to be in the papers not just online
The Expansion. on 20:17 - Nov 11 with 1712 viewsTheArtChappy

Haven't the club said with extra seats they can do more with the schools

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

The Expansion. on 20:19 - Nov 11 with 1709 viewsDarran

The Expansion. on 20:17 - Nov 11 by TheArtChappy

Haven't the club said with extra seats they can do more with the schools

F*ck the schools buy the tickets like everyone else has to.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Expansion. on 21:04 - Nov 11 with 1661 viewsEvanski

May be a daft question but can anyone tell me why we've got to have the gaps in all 4 corners of the stadium? Always thought it was a safety requirement but far larger stadiums than ours (OT, Stadium of Light, St James' Park etc) don't have them.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

The Expansion. on 21:46 - Nov 11 with 1623 viewsJBT95

The Expansion. on 14:26 - Nov 11 by Joe_bradshaw

This would be great if we could do it. Arsenal have scanners and when a season ticket holder puts their seat up for sale, if they tried to enter the ground for that game the would not get past the turnstile, until we have something like this at our place, we can't do it without giving the season ticket up for that game.
The Expansion. on 21:56 - Nov 11 with 1616 viewsMagicDaps

We're expanding to 25,000 in the summer, and we should be looking to do so and I think the seats will be able to be filled largely due to the introduction of new season ticket holders.

Not selling out against Stoke, Sunderland and West Ham has been disappointing, but all have only been 100-300 from selling out.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024