Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had to choose QPR or England to win 08:46 - May 16 with 4652 viewsN12Hoop

If you had a choice of QPR winning at Wembley or England lifting the World Cup, what would it be? Would anyone go for England?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 08:46 - May 16 with 3508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 08:49 - May 16 with 3504 viewsade_qpr

R's in a landslide

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:00 - May 16 with 3483 viewsLincoln_Hoop

QPR every time. I support Northern Ireland.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:00 - May 16 with 3480 viewskropotkin41

The question doesn't occur. QPR every time. If the choice were QPR to win or England to win the Ashes........... it would be more complicated............. fortunately it's not an Ashes summer.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:03 - May 16 with 3465 viewsTW_R

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:00 - May 16 by kropotkin41

The question doesn't occur. QPR every time. If the choice were QPR to win or England to win the Ashes........... it would be more complicated............. fortunately it's not an Ashes summer.

Not complicated at all. QPR every time. England will win the ashes again, many times. QPR winning at Wembley is a once in a lifetime moment.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:10 - May 16 with 3449 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England would be my third team. After the two Irish versions.

But I loved the interview on Sky Sports of them interviewing England fans after they got knocked out of the 2022 World Cup

Inane questions provide inane answers

"gutted"
"sick"
"robbed"

And then, seemingly unbeknownst to the interviewer, they stumble across an Irishman, a Tipperary man to be exact, as was obvious from the high-pitched shrill that emitted as the interview moved from banal to utterly bizarre...

"How do you feel?"
"Grand, kid"
"Sorry?"
"Grand, thanks. Yerself?"
"Are you not disappointed"
"Well, no, no, I wouldn't be"
"Were you not supporting England"
"No way, no"
"Where are you from?"
"Tipp-ah-wawy"
"And you wouldn't support England?"
"God, no"
"Never?"
"No"
"Under any circumstance?"
"Wellllllllll, I would if they were playing Kilkenny!"

Non-plussed interviewer hands back to the studio.

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:14 - May 16 with 3440 viewsQPR_John

No doubt QPR every time
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:14 - May 16 with 3438 viewsmakaveli1882

I'm going to world cup in a month, went to South Africa and Ukraine and 90% of all qualifier's & friendly's since 2008

But I would rather Rangers win anything over England, but asking the people on this board is ridiculous, its the biggest anti England MB I've ever seen, every game people complain about the players and how boring we are and that they would rather watch big brother or eastenders instead.

You wont get one person say England on this thread
Login to get fewer ads

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:15 - May 16 with 3429 viewsGloucs_R

Easy, QPR.

Poll: Are we staying up?

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:24 - May 16 with 3409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:14 - May 16 by makaveli1882

I'm going to world cup in a month, went to South Africa and Ukraine and 90% of all qualifier's & friendly's since 2008

But I would rather Rangers win anything over England, but asking the people on this board is ridiculous, its the biggest anti England MB I've ever seen, every game people complain about the players and how boring we are and that they would rather watch big brother or eastenders instead.

Dead right.

I'd pick Rangers over Ireland, too. It would mean more to me and mean more to more of my friends. By and large, there's more loyalty, love and pain invested by us in Rangers than we ever invested in supporting, truly supporting, our Countries. And the bonds that are built by those shared emotions down the decades make us a Community in our own right. And Community will always mean more than Country.

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:26 - May 16 with 3404 viewsN12Hoop

There are plenty of people who support England on this forum, but I suspect you are right and that most aren't bothered. I don't think this is unique to QPR though, I think it is a consequence of how football has changed over the last 20 years or so and the fact that we cannot identify with England at the moment.

The players are predominantly w4nkers playing for clubs we loathe. It's hard to want to see any Scum or ManUre player enjoy success and become feted as a hero. Maybe it's different for Soton fans since they now have an England presence, and I know when Paul Parker and Terry Fenwick played I would cheer England on. But it's pretty hard to cheer on a team when you can't stand most of the people who are in that team.

Personally I would chose club over country every day of the week. I've seen us at Wembley 3 times and Cardiff once and never seen us win. Not sure if it would be different if was a ManUre fan and used to success, but for me it's a no-brainer. QPR every time.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:37 - May 16 with 3382 viewswillis1980

Ill go with england, based on the fact that I dont care what division rangers play in. the chances of rangers getting promoted would occur much more frequently than england winning the world cup. Its something i want to see happen once in my lifetime but doubt i ever will.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:06 - May 16 with 3322 viewsAntti_Heinola

Actually, I would pick QPR 999 times out of a 1000 over England. But this season, I'd rather we won the World Cup than won at Wembley. I think a World Cup win would be better. With no Terry or Cole in the squad I feel much happier cheering on 'our boys' and I don't think us losing will be a disaster. Would quite like another season in the champ with a younger team and a younger manager.

Bare bones.

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:09 - May 16 with 3308 viewsA40Bosh

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:10 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

But I loved the interview on Sky Sports of them interviewing England fans after they got knocked out of the 2022 World Cup

"gutted"
"sick"
"robbed"

And then, seemingly unbeknownst to the interviewer, they stumble across an Irishman, a Tipperary man to be exact, as was obvious from the high-pitched shrill that emitted as the interview moved from banal to utterly bizarre...

"How do you feel?"
"Grand, kid"
"Sorry?"
"No way, no"
"Where are you from?"
"Tipp-ah-wawy"
"God, no"
"Never?"
"No"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:12 - May 16 with 3293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:09 - May 16 by A40Bosh

Thought you'd like that, Bosh. It was truly fuggin' hilarious. Worth all the money I've handed over to Murdoch down the years.

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:14 - May 16 with 3288 viewsdoogi55

to see your country win a world cup would be something that will live with you for ever i was 11 when england won it was so exciting i never forget the team coach going along ladbroke grove waving the cup on there way to ken gardens hotel
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:32 - May 16 with 3258 viewsToast_R

I'd go for England personally just for the national psyche.

Anyone remember the publics general good mood before the Semi finals 1990 and throughout Euro 96?

It was an amazing time.

QPR will get another shot at promotion next year and they year after that and so on.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:36 - May 16 with 3240 viewsQPunkR

Club over country any day

QPR - "shit but local"

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:38 - May 16 with 3234 viewsWestminsteRs

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:26 - May 16 by N12Hoop

There are plenty of people who support England on this forum, but I suspect you are right and that most aren't bothered. I don't think this is unique to QPR though, I think it is a consequence of how football has changed over the last 20 years or so and the fact that we cannot identify with England at the moment.

The players are predominantly w4nkers playing for clubs we loathe. It's hard to want to see any Scum or ManUre player enjoy success and become feted as a hero. Maybe it's different for Soton fans since they now have an England presence, and I know when Paul Parker and Terry Fenwick played I would cheer England on. But it's pretty hard to cheer on a team when you can't stand most of the people who are in that team.

Personally I would chose club over country every day of the week. I've seen us at Wembley 3 times and Cardiff once and never seen us win. Not sure if it would be different if was a ManUre fan and used to success, but for me it's a no-brainer. QPR every time.

Spot on. When I was a kid this would've been a much more difficult question. Italia '90 was a real high point for that. People identified with the team but football changed soon after that. Euro '96 was similar but by then top level football and footballers were already becoming more remote.

I've invested far more in QPR, it represents more of my life and is a bigger part of my identity.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:42 - May 16 with 3219 viewsstowmarketrange

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:10 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

"gutted"
"sick"
"robbed"

"How do you feel?"
"Grand, kid"
"Sorry?"
"No way, no"
"Where are you from?"
"Tipp-ah-wawy"
"God, no"
"Never?"
"No"

Nice one Brian.I'm sure that same theme must run through many countries throughout the world,but as Frank Carson said,"it's the way you tell them."
Definitely QPR every time.I just can't be bothered to get excited about this World Cup yet,and I think we could very well be out after 2 games anyway.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:46 - May 16 with 3204 viewsNathanNI

QPR obviously being a travelling member of the GAWA of Norn Iron.

That said, for all the English folks I know, I'd like them to win it.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:53 - May 16 with 3185 viewsToast_R

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 09:26 - May 16 by N12Hoop

It's a good point but what your describing very much relates to QPR since 2008 and especially in the Fernandes era.

Players wearing our shirt for no other reason then the big bucks their getting paid to do so and not giving too much of a f*ck whilst their doing it.

Yet we're all creatures of habit and we follow regardless. I think you'll find most of the England players going to Brazil will be wearing their shirt with far more pride then the c*nts who took Rangers to the cleaners last season.
[Post edited 16 May 2014 10:54]
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 10:57 - May 16 with 3173 viewspaulparker

QPR all day long !!
we are a small band of Brothers who support this great, unique club, that 90% of the time lets you down, makes you cry, frustrated, angry etc
a lot of us have spent £1000's , lost relationships, got into scrapes,following QPR
the little success we do have is special, if we were to triumph next week I would rather share it with the people of have gone through the same emotions as me,
this club is our DNA my Nan & Granddad went in the 50 & 60's same as my dad who went through the 60'70'& 80's all my family originate from Notting hill, & the Bush
It means more to me than England
to win at Wembley would mean the world its been 28 years since we last went & 47 years since we last won there
Sod England they can wait

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 11:40 - May 16 with 3144 viewsThaiHoop

If the question was QPR to win the FA Cup or (highly unlikely) Premiership or Champions League I'd take QPR every time. However promotion is something that is entirely likely to happen a few times (already 3 times in the 30 years I've been supporting) I'd take the World Cup win as that's far more likely to be a once in a lifetime moment. The fact it's a promotion at Wembley is largely irrelevant, the prize is the same.
If you had to choose QPR or England to win on 11:42 - May 16 with 3137 viewsloftboy

If we were a regular trophy winning side I would go for England but seeing as we aren't it has to be QPR

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024