Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe 13:20 - Nov 4 with 9611 viewsjohncharles

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-confident-jermain-defoe-will-agree-

This a joke, right ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe on 13:25 - Nov 4 with 3954 viewspomanjou

Its got to be. But it aint funny.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Defoe on 13:25 - Nov 4 with 3953 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think it is a rehash from the summer.
No doubt he will join but very much doubt the terms mentioned there are correct.
Defoe on 13:26 - Nov 4 with 3944 viewsdaveB

They said in August that Defoe deal was done for January so this will happen but doubt it will be for 90k a week
Defoe on 13:27 - Nov 4 with 3942 viewsderbyhoop

If I were in his position, I'd agree that sort of deal in a flash. Do I recall statements about "learning lessons"?
Apparently he wants to come back and battle to get back into the England squad. Yeah, right.
A 1 year deal on half that money would be generous.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Defoe on 13:30 - Nov 4 with 3905 viewsdanehoop

The problem in this is that he has been injured for a long time and doesnt look like getting fit anytime soon.

He will fail a medical and whilst that probably wouldnt have been an issue for us in the past, it is now.

Never knowingly understood

Defoe on 13:30 - Nov 4 with 3901 viewsdannyblue

That would be an insane deal for an injury prone 30-something who can't play upfront alone (or I suspect with Charlie). That deal is a commitment to spending over £14m, or to put it in other words, giving Defoe half of our home gate receipts for the length of the contract.
Defoe on 13:35 - Nov 4 with 3864 viewsNorthernr

He'll sign but I'd be amazed if it was for that much.
In the summer the Standard reported that we were looking to "cash in" on Stephane Mbia to raise funds for other signings - Mbia, out of contract, was released two days later for free - so they've not exactly got their fingers on the pulse down at Loftus Road. Too busy shoving them up Cara Delevigne to accurately report on anything else.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Defoe on 13:44 - Nov 4 with 3822 viewshoopdog

And posters wanted slag Harry off for farking off that times reporter last week they just post to fill space
Login to get fewer ads

Defoe on 13:44 - Nov 4 with 3820 viewsWeaverQPR

Sign him until end of season with another year if we stay up. 30k pw.

@WeavQPR

Defoe on 13:46 - Nov 4 with 3808 viewsJamie

Ordinarily you would laugh off the suggestion of Defoe getting a 20k payrise, but then this is QPR. If we signed Stevie Wonder to play in goal I doubt anyone would be surprised.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 14:05]
Defoe on 13:49 - Nov 4 with 3794 viewshoopdog

Defoe on 13:46 - Nov 4 by Jamie

Ordinarily you would laugh off the suggestion of Defoe getting a 20k payrise, but then this is QPR. If we signed Stevie Wonder to play in goal I doubt anyone would be surprised.

Par rise?
Defoe on 13:56 - Nov 4 with 3747 viewssimmo

So let's get this right.

Reguarly injured, 32, out of favour at his last club, ex spurs and now criticised by the chairman and fans of his team for not being the marquee player they needed. All this in a league where Bradley Wright-Phillips is a top player.

Sign him up. Crouchy too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Defoe on 13:59 - Nov 4 with 3729 viewsAntti_Heinola

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
1 goal in his last 30 PL appearances? No thanks. Not for any wages, not even for 10p a week. The exact opposite of what we should be signing.

Bare bones.

Defoe on 14:01 - Nov 4 with 3717 viewsTheBlob

Defoe on 13:46 - Nov 4 by Jamie

We did.
His name was Bankole.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Defoe on 14:06 - Nov 4 with 3695 viewsJamie

Defoe on 13:49 - Nov 4 by hoopdog

Par rise?

He earned $6m this year at Toronto. Roughly £70k per week.
Defoe on 14:11 - Nov 4 with 3676 viewspaulparker

I must be in a minority of 1 who thinks Defoe is a world class finisher
he should have been England's main striker from 2006 to 2010
if he got us 10 goals from January onwards we would have done well and will stay up
Eto seems to be doing ok at Everton & is the same age & type of player that Defoe is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Defoe on 14:16 - Nov 4 with 3652 viewsEastR

THE most predictable story of the transfer window - only 58 more non shopping days til it opens you know.
These journos work hard for their money, eh?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Defoe on 14:16 - Nov 4 with 3650 viewsJamie

Defoe on 14:11 - Nov 4 by paulparker

if he got us 10 goals from January onwards we would have done well and will stay up
Eto seems to be doing ok at Everton & is the same age & type of player that Defoe is

If he got 10 goals in 18 games that would be amazing.

He's never scored at that rate in his career in English football though, so it seems unlikely.
Defoe on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 3642 viewshoopdog

Defoe on 14:06 - Nov 4 by Jamie

He earned $6m this year at Toronto. Roughly £70k per week.

Come on no way will he get any where near 90k a week .
He was coming here for a lot less than that on a 2 year deal befofore he joined toronto that was untill they came in and blew our deal out of the water
Defoe on 14:25 - Nov 4 with 3614 viewsJamie

Defoe on 14:18 - Nov 4 by hoopdog

Come on no way will he get any where near 90k a week .
He was coming here for a lot less than that on a 2 year deal befofore he joined toronto that was untill they came in and blew our deal out of the water

You should probably reread the initial post. Of course he won't get £90k per week. You wouldn't put it past QPR though.
Defoe on 14:32 - Nov 4 with 3581 viewshoopdog

Defoe on 14:25 - Nov 4 by Jamie

You should probably reread the initial post. Of course he won't get £90k per week. You wouldn't put it past QPR though.

I wouldn't have 3 years back , but give T F and co a bit of credit
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 14:33]
Defoe on 14:37 - Nov 4 with 3556 viewsadhoc_qpr

We've got 2 months to scout the whole of world football for a striker (and that's if we don't already have any targets in mind). Look at West Ham with Diafra, who many knowledgeable posters on here pointed out was quality in the summer.

Defoe isn't the striker we need to complement Charlie and Vargas, and he deffo can't take over the Zamora role.

Even Defoe is much less than quoted, it's a lot of money for a back up for Austin.

Can we please just sign a striker to fit into a plan and use a bit of creativity beyond hoovering up Spurs and Pompey rejects?
Defoe on 14:43 - Nov 4 with 3531 viewsrobith

Defoe on 14:11 - Nov 4 by paulparker

A world class finisher who has only scored more than 11 league goals in a season 3 times in his career? And the last of those was 5 years ago. Most he's ever hit was 18. Career average is 11.6 goals per season. Not exactly earth shattering.

Whenever I've seen Defoe all he does is shoot, pretty much constantly, the second he gets the ball. I'd actually argue that he's a pretty poor finisher.

Also he fills a role which we already have Austin and Vargas for. The urgent need is another hold up man to either support or replace Zamora. That takes priority over this vanity signing
Defoe on 14:57 - Nov 4 with 3478 viewspaulparker

Defoe on 14:43 - Nov 4 by robith

A world class finisher who has only scored more than 11 league goals in a season 3 times in his career? And the last of those was 5 years ago. Most he's ever hit was 18. Career average is 11.6 goals per season. Not exactly earth shattering.

Whenever I've seen Defoe all he does is shoot, pretty much constantly, the second he gets the ball. I'd actually argue that he's a pretty poor finisher.

Also he fills a role which we already have Austin and Vargas for. The urgent need is another hold up man to either support or replace Zamora. That takes priority over this vanity signing

Sorry I love Austin & vargas as players but Defoe is a much better finisher than the pair of them

Spurs 274 apps, 90 goals
Portsmouth 30 apps, 14 goals
West Ham 93 apps, 29 goals
Toronto 19 apps, 11 goals
England 55 apps, 19 goals

the majority of his time he has been on the bench especially for Spurs & England
if the deal is right and we are not spunking to much on wages then it could be a good bit of business for us, he is proven and that's what we need

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Defoe on 15:03 - Nov 4 with 3463 viewshoopdog

Defoe on 14:37 - Nov 4 by adhoc_qpr

We've got 2 months to scout the whole of world football for a striker (and that's if we don't already have any targets in mind). Look at West Ham with Diafra, who many knowledgeable posters on here pointed out was quality in the summer.

Defoe isn't the striker we need to complement Charlie and Vargas, and he deffo can't take over the Zamora role.

Even Defoe is much less than quoted, it's a lot of money for a back up for Austin.

Can we please just sign a striker to fit into a plan and use a bit of creativity beyond hoovering up Spurs and Pompey rejects?

There cant be any denying a B Z type player should be top of our list
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024