Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! 11:34 - Jan 19 with 13890 viewskropotkin41

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/tony-fernandes-harry-redknap-qpr-loftus-road-2

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:19 - Jan 19 with 1927 viewsWeaverQPR

If your going to back him then give him some money. Seems abit half arsed if you ask.me

@WeavQPR

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:27 - Jan 19 with 1909 viewsBostonR

Good or bad a great decision by TF. Common sense prevailed.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1862 viewsGloucs_R

dont worry everyone, we are getting a video to take us though warren farm and the new stadium!!! Ohhhhh

Poll: Are we staying up?

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1854 viewsDiscodroids

Indeed, now if we can only get goodluck jonathon to head up the youth team, the jobs a good'un.

A Number One.

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 1852 viewsWeaverQPR

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:35 - Jan 19 by Gloucs_R

dont worry everyone, we are getting a video to take us though warren farm and the new stadium!!! Ohhhhh

That will be a short film then.

@WeavQPR

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 1783 viewswood_hoop

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:27 - Jan 19 by BostonR

Good or bad a great decision by TF. Common sense prevailed.

Not sure that TF has any when it comes to HR or our club, very much a catch 22 situation and the much cheaper one gone for.

Looked at our remaining games and still have to play a few of those around us and yes we are dire but so are they, addmitidly away form is so sh*te that even these games it is hard to se us picking up points. but HR seems to have walked in his dog poo when it comes to TF, any other club and he would have been hung drawn and quartered by now but 'teflon' coated he seems to be.

Not a HR supporter by a long way, and with his strange tactics and selections even less inclined to wonder at his acumen, we are not out of it quite yet and HR is one lucky buggar, even if keeping us up I would want shot of him,replacement no idea.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 1777 viewsadhoc_qpr

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:37 - Jan 19 by WeaverQPR

That will be a short film then.

They could pad it out with footage of people walking their dogs across the Warren Farm land (now it's only purpose) and Car Giant's lot and new development plans.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 1757 viewsJamie

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:19 - Jan 19 by WeaverQPR

If your going to back him then give him some money. Seems abit half arsed if you ask.me

The cheque book (or credit line..) has been well and truly slammed shut.
Login to get fewer ads

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 1704 viewsLblock

Let's face it.... You've got to be a fool to buy a football club these days

You've got to be a bigger fool to run up a debt that a Central African country would be proud of

And then you've got be be a completely mental fool to stick rigidly with an approach that clearly hasn't worked for over 3 years whilst tvvattering sugar coated bollox and being taken for a mug

All that or you've got an ulterior motive maybe??

There's grounds I've not been to in League 2 and the Conference so I back this decision, I back the regime and Viva El Presidente Tony!!! (I'll never back Harry though)

PS - I will still call him candle face or any other derogatory names I like as he don't deserve our respect

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 1697 viewsjoolsyp

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 13:04 - Jan 19 by loftus77

This 1,000,000%.

Notice TF has actually, specifically moved to end speculation NOW - but where does he categorically say that Harry Redknapp is here UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON no matter what happens?. IMHO he is still giving himself wriggle-room. As adhoc says, if we lose next 3 or 4 games, I think he will be sacked - end of.

If we lose the next 3 or 4 games we'll be cut adrift at the bottom and it would be too late to bring someone new in to potentially save us. So no real point in sacking H then, might as well let him go down with the sinking ship.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 18:25 - Jan 19 with 1654 viewsterryb

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 15:54 - Jan 19 by daveB

lets be honest if we lose the next 2 or 3 he'll still get the sack, we're a club who work from week to week rather than plan ahead and this will be no different.

Agree with you about this dave, but this is our problem.

Once again, we look at only the next month or so & ignore any long term planning (for us that would be all of six months!)

Whatever happens this season, we will still need a new manager come the end on June. Hopefully, TF will not be stupid enough to spend any more on wages & transfer fees for players that will not be wanted by HR's replacement.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 18:30]
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 18:40 - Jan 19 with 1620 viewsterryb

As somebody who is extremely anti HR, was before his appointment & will be long after his departure, there is something that has been said many times on this thread that really grates.

"Now he is staying we must all get behind the team".

I (and probably nearly everyone else) have been behind the team from the day he joined. Not once at a game have I chanted for HR to go.

The fact that HR has had a stay of execution will not change that. Don't believe for one minute though that I'm happy to have THAT MAN as manager of my club.

I support Queens Park Rangers & will until I depart this earth. That doesn't mean though that I have to have any faith in HR (or TF for that matter).

Guarentee me that we could start next season in the position Holloway had for his first full season as manager & I would willingly accept!
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 19:37 - Jan 19 with 1547 viewsonlyrinmoray

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 15:18 - Jan 19 by adhoc_qpr

If we are relegated, Fernandes really should step down as chairman.

He always said he would and a second relegation on his watch, as well as the lack of progress in all other areas (training ground, youth, scouting, stadium) should be enough.

Let him fade into the background with Ruben and Emir (can't spell their surnames!) and bring in a competent, experienced chairman to try and oversee a salvage job.

Who do you suggest is going to take over and invest their money in QPR and more likely lose a lot of it? Villa a huge club compared to us has been on the market for years no one rushing in to take over from Lerner. Cant blame TF for Warren Farm blame the NIMBY locals who want to keep it for dogwalking
Life is not so simple Be careful what you wish for. QPR is a small club in West London that's why I support them
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1515 viewsRanger78

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 14:28 - Jan 19 by adhoc_qpr

The trouble with not getting rid of him is that Harry thinks he's doing a great job.

He's made that clear in all his pre-emptive 'no ones going to fire me interviews'.

For me that means nothing is going to change, including our negative approach away and our complete reliance on Austin having a stormer to get any points at all at home.

It's possible that we'll stay up, but only by 3 teams being staggeringly inept because we are easily one of the three worst teams in this league.

Agreed, the only reason we will stay up is because there will be 3 worse teams than us. Sadly we also have to put up with his loathsome excuses and "I couldn't care a less attitude" some more. It's so painful to watch.

After the game on sat his words were " what can I do.. I can't get more out of these players, they gave it everything... Very worrying.

There is nothing he's done since he's been here that makes me believe he's got enough about him to keep us up.... Part of me is happy the board are finally showing financial restraint but I fear this could be their biggest mistake. Obviously, I hope in wrong and I'll happily eat humble pie if I am... "I"ll even sing Harry's blue and white army"

As far as I'm concerned we're down... His record with us tells me that :

1. His attitude is the least inspiring I've seen from any manager ever. He has also spent Half his press conferences talking about anything over than QPR
2. He took over in November last time, broke the transfer record twice and still got relegated with a whimper.
3. Blamed everyone else for that relegation... I accept things were not pretty but not good enough from a man of his so called calibre
4. Publically and embarrassingly threw his toys out of the pram during the pre championship window when he did not get some players he wanted.
5. Showed some of the worst man management I've ever seen with Adel.. Again, I'm prepared to accept, Adel is a Dhead but he's one hell of a footballer and his treatment has not been good enough from a man of his so called calibre.
6. Some shocking signings during the championship season including 2 players Chevaton and Owenuw who never even played .,.,,, why?
7. Finished 4th in the Championship with one of the most highly paid squads in Championship history, playing some of the most boring football I've ever seen.
8. Started a new season without planning properly for loosing Remy... We all knew he was going ... And used it as an excuse
9. Started a season and blamed loosing games on an unfit playing squad.... WTF?? You're the manager!!!
10. Lost 10 away games in a row with some performances (West Ham, Spurs, Utd) being the most gutless shambles I've ever seen in the PL
11. Signed Sandro for 10m.... WTF, he's injured!!
12. Signs Zarate and then says he's injured and then says he needs another striker.... Wtf!!!
13. Has now lost more games than he's won
14. I also forgot to mention 3 cup defeats to lower league opposition with a 9-2 aggregate score. And then say in the interviews it's not his fault, "they're tired " and some players aren't good enough.

None of the above tells me he's got the nous or desire to keep us up.

On a positive note.. He did sign Austin and whatever way I look at it, under his stewardship, I saw a Wembkey win!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 22:04]
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:17 - Jan 19 with 1471 viewsJamie

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 19:37 - Jan 19 by onlyrinmoray

Who do you suggest is going to take over and invest their money in QPR and more likely lose a lot of it? Villa a huge club compared to us has been on the market for years no one rushing in to take over from Lerner. Cant blame TF for Warren Farm blame the NIMBY locals who want to keep it for dogwalking
Life is not so simple Be careful what you wish for. QPR is a small club in West London that's why I support them

He isn't talking about Tune selling up, he's suggesting they appoint a successful businessman as Chairman.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 1458 viewsW5R

Four weeks after Fernandes officially (rather than a twitter rant), gave Hughes the vote of confidence oh and also said..."...he has my full confidence and I hope I am proven right in a big way that I can answer all these critics and armchair critics"

Note: he bemoaned "armchair critics" again after Remy went and we lost to Wet Spam but that's an aside.

Four weeks after the statement re Hughes erm, he, erm fired him.

(Mind you he also said when Warnock was still here that he would step down as chairman as soon as the fans thought he wasn't doing a good job...he does like to talk does Tony)
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:25 - Jan 19 with 1448 viewskropotkin41

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:21 - Jan 19 by W5R

Four weeks after Fernandes officially (rather than a twitter rant), gave Hughes the vote of confidence oh and also said..."...he has my full confidence and I hope I am proven right in a big way that I can answer all these critics and armchair critics"

Note: he bemoaned "armchair critics" again after Remy went and we lost to Wet Spam but that's an aside.

Four weeks after the statement re Hughes erm, he, erm fired him.

(Mind you he also said when Warnock was still here that he would step down as chairman as soon as the fans thought he wasn't doing a good job...he does like to talk does Tony)

If Redknapp gets the sack four or five games too late then TF will really have sunk the club himself and shown himself up as a fool. At that point it'll have to be him that goes as well, I'd say.

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:29 - Jan 19 with 1432 viewskensalriser

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 19:57 - Jan 19 by Ranger78

Agreed, the only reason we will stay up is because there will be 3 worse teams than us. Sadly we also have to put up with his loathsome excuses and "I couldn't care a less attitude" some more. It's so painful to watch.

After the game on sat his words were " what can I do.. I can't get more out of these players, they gave it everything... Very worrying.

There is nothing he's done since he's been here that makes me believe he's got enough about him to keep us up.... Part of me is happy the board are finally showing financial restraint but I fear this could be their biggest mistake. Obviously, I hope in wrong and I'll happily eat humble pie if I am... "I"ll even sing Harry's blue and white army"

As far as I'm concerned we're down... His record with us tells me that :

1. His attitude is the least inspiring I've seen from any manager ever. He has also spent Half his press conferences talking about anything over than QPR
2. He took over in November last time, broke the transfer record twice and still got relegated with a whimper.
3. Blamed everyone else for that relegation... I accept things were not pretty but not good enough from a man of his so called calibre
4. Publically and embarrassingly threw his toys out of the pram during the pre championship window when he did not get some players he wanted.
5. Showed some of the worst man management I've ever seen with Adel.. Again, I'm prepared to accept, Adel is a Dhead but he's one hell of a footballer and his treatment has not been good enough from a man of his so called calibre.
6. Some shocking signings during the championship season including 2 players Chevaton and Owenuw who never even played .,.,,, why?
7. Finished 4th in the Championship with one of the most highly paid squads in Championship history, playing some of the most boring football I've ever seen.
8. Started a new season without planning properly for loosing Remy... We all knew he was going ... And used it as an excuse
9. Started a season and blamed loosing games on an unfit playing squad.... WTF?? You're the manager!!!
10. Lost 10 away games in a row with some performances (West Ham, Spurs, Utd) being the most gutless shambles I've ever seen in the PL
11. Signed Sandro for 10m.... WTF, he's injured!!
12. Signs Zarate and then says he's injured and then says he needs another striker.... Wtf!!!
13. Has now lost more games than he's won
14. I also forgot to mention 3 cup defeats to lower league opposition with a 9-2 aggregate score. And then say in the interviews it's not his fault, "they're tired " and some players aren't good enough.

None of the above tells me he's got the nous or desire to keep us up.

On a positive note.. He did sign Austin and whatever way I look at it, under his stewardship, I saw a Wembkey win!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 22:04]

With which team did he finish 6th in the Championship? Pretty sure it wasn't QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:45 - Jan 19 with 1411 viewskropotkin41

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:29 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

With which team did he finish 6th in the Championship? Pretty sure it wasn't QPR.

To be fair, if that's the only point you have to quibble with in that list, the case for the defence is looking a bit thin.

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 1393 viewskensalriser

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:45 - Jan 19 by kropotkin41

To be fair, if that's the only point you have to quibble with in that list, the case for the defence is looking a bit thin.

Most of the rest is opinion, which is fair enough. But last season's finish was supposed to be a fact - and it's not.

£10 for Sandro isn't a fact either.

Can't make an argument based on stuff that's wrong.

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1360 viewsBasingstokeR

"We know we need to improve our away form and Harry, his coaching staff and the squad will be doing all they can to turn around our fortunes on our travels"

I'm expecting "all they can" now, from everyone - but not just away from home like this says! No nonsense any more from Harry in 'pressers' he's our figurehead and he's got to unite the club after being a divisive figure for months.
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 1322 viewsRanger78

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:54 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

Most of the rest is opinion, which is fair enough. But last season's finish was supposed to be a fact - and it's not.

Fair shout and hands up..... I was having a bit of a melt down and nearly spontaneously combusted when typing but I think you get the point. I'm gutted he's staying ! That said, if I'm quoting facts, they should be correct.

I've edited to 4th

Whatever we paid for Sandro it's too much.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 22:03]
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 22:27 - Jan 19 with 1275 viewsjohncharles

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 20:54 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

Apologise to Harry, I didn't realise he only paid £10 for Sandro.

Strong and stable my arse.

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 23:17 - Jan 19 with 1211 viewsWilloW4

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 16:07 - Jan 19 by daveB

Things change, he made a similar statement about Hughes a month before he sacked him, if things don't get better he'll be gone

Fernandes is just like you... Blah blah blah.. Change my mind . Er, blah blah blah !!!!
Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 00:37 - Jan 20 with 1158 viewskensalriser

Here you are then - he's staying. It's official! on 22:27 - Jan 19 by johncharles

Apologise to Harry, I didn't realise he only paid £10 for Sandro.

£10 would have been more acceptable.

In fact, I'd be happy to give him £10 out of my own pocket for each 90 minutes completed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024