Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common 14:25 - Jan 27 with 20520 viewsRaymond

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/famous-institution-will-move-to-old-oak-co

The new plans will be seen as a blow to Queens Park Rangers’ ambitions to build a 40,000-seat stadium at Old Oak Common, although the Championship club is still being considered for other potential sites in the area.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 11:41 - Jan 28 with 3910 viewsTheBlob

Wait until they've all gone to work and accidentally bulldoze all the houses along Ellerslie Road.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 12:18 - Jan 28 with 3874 viewsR_from_afar

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 15:13 - Jan 27 by TheBlob

Sue Perkins World.

I bet that even in her highest heels, she does more sprinting and tracking back than our Leroy - the git!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:37 - Jan 28 with 3784 viewsvblockranger

Loftus Rd is where my dad took me when i was a nipper and where i took my kids when they were nippers. Hopefully my grandkids get taken there too in the next decade. Shove their 40k where the sun dont shine.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:44 - Jan 28 with 3761 viewsJuzzie

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 11:35 - Jan 28 by nadera78

Assuming that safe-standing comes into play in the next few years, and it's undoubtedly gaining momentum, then we could increase capacity significantly at Loftus Rd.

Remove the corporate boxes from SAR and re-install seats there - as it was originally. That would add about 2,000 to the capacity. Then remove the roof and stanchions and replace with one that is supported from the back, like Villa did, and include a new third tier with another 2,000 seats.

Demolish Ellerslie Rd and replace with a safe-standing - which would take up less space but have a similar capacity - and include a tier of corporate boxes at the top, alongside the TV gantry and a new press box.

We'd be up to about 22,000 at that point.

The corporate boxes would never go. Besides, it would be a logistical nightmare as you have the offices, changing rooms, catering function / media / match officials etc areas that are adjacent to them.

Same with Ellerslie Road, knocking down and re-building is just not feasible IMO. I don't think any relaxation of terracing would allow for one that big, certainly not at LR.

I think the most likely would be lower loft, lower school end and the paddocks which is exactly how it was pre all seater bringing it up to around 22k, all without the need to reconstruct Ellerslie Road and a massive undertaking in SAR.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 3725 viewspaulparker

Fans are living in dreamland if they really think TF would re develop Loftus Road
or design a stadium like those at sampdoria or Boavista
the plan is OOC and that's it , you can't have one direction or Justin Bieber heading a concert at Loftus Road or another such identical stadium
if by some miracle it does come off and we get the go ahead, we the fans wont have a say in how its designed, what its called etc , we will be lumbered with a bowl of a ground that would only get full when the New England Patriots come to town
OOC is the only reason TF and chums are still persisting with this club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 18:19 - Jan 28 with 3607 viewsNorthernr

It's the science museum according to tonight's rag. Meanwhile on page 15 rosamund says Hillary Clinton is being judged for her gender not her ability by oppressive men folk.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 01:10 - Feb 9 with 3283 viewsBakes

Looks like were giving up on OOC

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-discussing-move-site-linford-christie-sta

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 02:42 - Feb 9 with 3229 viewsPommyhoop

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 14:57 - Jan 27 by Northernr

Circulation shouldn't be an issue. Where else would we get our minute by minute, location by location updates on where Cara Delevigne is and what she's doing?

Plus I like to pass the time on the way home by seeing how many paragraphs it is before Rosamund Urwin twists whatever interview, opinion piece or news story she's butchering today to the more important issue of the ongoing persecution of all females by all males in all forms and walks of life all the time, ever. It's rarely more than 150 words into the piece and it's a real talent considering how little relevance it has to some of the topics and people she has to write about. Wonder if I got a job there whether I'd be allowed to shift every feature interview I got onto the issue of rugby league's lack of penetration into the London sporting scene?

I clicked on the glorius Mail the other day and was transfixed...
It appears Papa has a clone..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4186322/American-student-identical-Car

Cara's PaPa

American student..

UNfuc*ingCANNY....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 06:42 - Feb 9 with 3135 viewsmoson

Erm, Standard article a year old; Johnson no longer mayor, Lister no longer deputy mayor
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 10:56 - Feb 9 with 2915 viewsBlackCrowe

Just so long that Car Giant do badly out of Old Oak Common, then I'm happy.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 12:59 - Feb 9 with 2796 viewsStanisgod

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 21:36 - Jan 27 by derbyhoop

For all the love for our cramped little enclave, long ago I realised that if we are to progress we will have to move at some time. There aren't likely to be many sites in West London becoming available so OOC would be a short move away. Nothing in that mess of an article, apart from the claim that it represents a blow, should deter us from pursuing it as an option.

Can't we just have a convenient fire next door at the school or whatever it is a la Spuds and conveniently use that ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:33 - Feb 9 with 2743 viewsPinnerPaul

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 14:57 - Jan 27 by Northernr

Circulation shouldn't be an issue. Where else would we get our minute by minute, location by location updates on where Cara Delevigne is and what she's doing?

Plus I like to pass the time on the way home by seeing how many paragraphs it is before Rosamund Urwin twists whatever interview, opinion piece or news story she's butchering today to the more important issue of the ongoing persecution of all females by all males in all forms and walks of life all the time, ever. It's rarely more than 150 words into the piece and it's a real talent considering how little relevance it has to some of the topics and people she has to write about. Wonder if I got a job there whether I'd be allowed to shift every feature interview I got onto the issue of rugby league's lack of penetration into the London sporting scene?

and I'm looking forward to another couple of articles this evening, listing players Tottenham and Chelsea may buy in 6 months time.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 2712 viewsNorthernr

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:33 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

and I'm looking forward to another couple of articles this evening, listing players Tottenham and Chelsea may buy in 6 months time.

By Simon Johnson, who simply copies what he's read on message boards or local journos like Dave Mc and publishes it under his byline.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 14:02 - Feb 9 with 2681 viewsRs_Holy

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 16:14 - Jan 27 by CamberleyR

I know the Estadio Do Bessa in Portugal is a favourite design of a few people (myself included) and I was looking at this photo today, one I had never seen before.

Looking at that, is the footprint of it really any bigger than the site at LR?

Capacity: 28,263...... and yes its a brilliant, brillaint stadium.
I say have that design but with a slightly smaller lower tier and seated areas in the corners and there you have a 30,000 plus stadium.
Put 12000 fans in it on a cold Tuesday evening and I bet you could still generate a decent atmosphre?
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 2530 viewsstowmarketrange

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 13:59 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Fans are living in dreamland if they really think TF would re develop Loftus Road
or design a stadium like those at sampdoria or Boavista
the plan is OOC and that's it , you can't have one direction or Justin Bieber heading a concert at Loftus Road or another such identical stadium
if by some miracle it does come off and we get the go ahead, we the fans wont have a say in how its designed, what its called etc , we will be lumbered with a bowl of a ground that would only get full when the New England Patriots come to town
OOC is the only reason TF and chums are still persisting with this club

Not from me.I wouldn't watch the New England cheats if you paid me.Does anyone want my seat for the night?
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 19:26 - Feb 9 with 2469 viewssmegma

I'm devastated.

That's an alternate fact.
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 2388 viewsMatch82

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 16:52 - Jan 27 by toboboly

We'll probably get it wrong and go for Oak Park in Illinois.

As a Chicago native I fully support this plan!
Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:22 - Feb 9 with 2313 viewswombat

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 22:05 - Feb 9 by Match82

As a Chicago native I fully support this plan!

One day people will realise the football side of any stadium is way down the list of things they want. Concerts , events then football come in third on the list , the club was bought on the pretext of OOC happening when other more suitable sites were ready and able to be developed into a bloody decent football ground , wasn't big enough for TF etc they based it on the white Elephent of HS2 coming in a lovely big station on our door step that's light years away from happening
They could have bought and started to develop at least four local sites by now
BBC Wood Lane both sites bought and sold and being redeveloped since this fiasco started
Dairy crest bought planning permission granted due to be built on very soon
The land next to west fields bought and half way done to be going built on right now

Infrastructure is there stations etc nope we want a development on a awful industrial estate which depends upon hs2 happening and being successful to work because they can maximise money on housing .

Don't have a problem with TF etc but feck me when they make bad descisions they make them big

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:32 - Feb 9 with 2297 viewsPunteR

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:22 - Feb 9 by wombat

One day people will realise the football side of any stadium is way down the list of things they want. Concerts , events then football come in third on the list , the club was bought on the pretext of OOC happening when other more suitable sites were ready and able to be developed into a bloody decent football ground , wasn't big enough for TF etc they based it on the white Elephent of HS2 coming in a lovely big station on our door step that's light years away from happening
They could have bought and started to develop at least four local sites by now
BBC Wood Lane both sites bought and sold and being redeveloped since this fiasco started
Dairy crest bought planning permission granted due to be built on very soon
The land next to west fields bought and half way done to be going built on right now

Infrastructure is there stations etc nope we want a development on a awful industrial estate which depends upon hs2 happening and being successful to work because they can maximise money on housing .

Don't have a problem with TF etc but feck me when they make bad descisions they make them big

TF very rarely makes a good decision. He just seems to throw all his eggs in one basket.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:40 - Feb 9 with 2288 viewswombat

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:32 - Feb 9 by PunteR

TF very rarely makes a good decision. He just seems to throw all his eggs in one basket.

The board were blinded on this one , the big bucks screwed up there choice when a new ground could already be underway

The BBC site sold for 300 million .look what's being built there right now
Flats deemed to be worth 2.5 million quid FFS
If they had bought the BBC they could have built the stadium and still made a fortune selling the rest of the site to a hotel flats developer.

The idea was fecked from daY one and is still as fecked now

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 07:14 - Feb 10 with 2197 viewsPunteR

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 23:40 - Feb 9 by wombat

The board were blinded on this one , the big bucks screwed up there choice when a new ground could already be underway

The BBC site sold for 300 million .look what's being built there right now
Flats deemed to be worth 2.5 million quid FFS
If they had bought the BBC they could have built the stadium and still made a fortune selling the rest of the site to a hotel flats developer.

The idea was fecked from daY one and is still as fecked now

Yeh it was the most obvious choice to redevelop.

I cant believe,with all the building sites and developments in and around shepherds bush,we couldn't have landed a site.
Look at Brentford, not ever been in the prem yet they can get a new stadium built in London..
This OOC has been a complete waste of time and I do wonder how much this is down to mr P Beard . ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 07:57 - Feb 10 with 2163 views2Thomas2Bowles

Agree with both posters above

I think the LCS as a location for a new ground in comparison is a joke and I really don't see it being built as there is nothing for investors.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 7:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 09:20 - Feb 10 with 2125 viewswombat

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 07:14 - Feb 10 by PunteR

Yeh it was the most obvious choice to redevelop.

I cant believe,with all the building sites and developments in and around shepherds bush,we couldn't have landed a site.
Look at Brentford, not ever been in the prem yet they can get a new stadium built in London..
This OOC has been a complete waste of time and I do wonder how much this is down to mr P Beard . ?

punter , they could have had any of those sites and it could have been worked to help pay at least half the cost of a new stadium , with very few issues getting it through planning , infastructure was already there great transport links already there , prob one of the easiest grounds to get to , nope we want old oak , while they postured and blew hot air thes esites quickly got sold off , four sites within a karl ready clearence away fro LR feck me it couldnt have got any better for us , same postcode no change of match day habits for us , nah lets go for a half arsed idea on the pretext of a HS2 hub being built sometime before hell freezes over.

the big bucks that would possibly have come in from old oak fecked this idea up totally , stadium wasnt top of the list housing was ,
prob the second worst idea ever to be taken at LR the first was not buying jack tizzard school and the surrounding land for peanuts not that long ago

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 09:28 - Feb 10 with 2109 views2Thomas2Bowles

I wish he had got the old white city stadium when it was a ruin.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 09:46 - Feb 10 with 2089 viewswombat

Blow to QPR - Old Oak Common on 09:28 - Feb 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I wish he had got the old white city stadium when it was a ruin.

we could have got it recently as well , new student flats being built there in the coming months.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024