Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week 09:09 - Apr 21 with 33038 views1BobbyHazell

Well it looked like Obama flying all the way over to tell us to stay in (so his corporate chums can inflict TTIP on us ending our democracy) would be this week's winner. But Alistair Campbell's 'Putin and ISIS' (cracking combo) has smashed him out of the park. Putin and ISIS...brilliant.

Honourable mentions go to the 8 former US Treasury secretaries who wrote to The Times warning that Brexit was a threat to our 'special relationship'.

If they're at this level now they must have some serious sh1t planned for the next few weeks.

Stay calm and do some proper research about TTIP.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:01 - Apr 21 with 3114 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:48 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Lots of fear-mongering, misinformation and silly claims on both sides. Getting very tiresome now. Hope I never see Gove at Loftus Road because I don't know how I'd stop myself punching his stupid fizzog as hard as I could.

"Lots of fear-mongering, misinformation and silly claims on both sides". Just what I was thinking. I think it was Grayling who said we needed to leave or we would be flooded with terrorists.

Oh, and you'd better not punch Gove because if we leave, he will - shudder - be determining what your human rights are. Great.

Interesting that we're not seeing a lot of research or data from the leave camp, whereas various unconnected organisations are providing forecasts for the negative impact of leaving. Just as with climate change, though, there are muttering that those organisations are all partners in a massive conspiracy...

All this is going on as the EU brings in legislation to stop big corporations dodging tax. That has to be a good move.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:07 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewswhittocksRs

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:06 - Apr 21 by stevec

Well staying in the EU will mean a never ending numbers surplus of immigration over houses being built.

So if you've got kids and vote Remain best to explain to them your vote has condemned them to a life time of renting.

Never get involved in politics on here but this is fundamentally misunderstanding and misrepresenting the London housing market.

The reason all young people are now renting is Boris and Dave have okayed private housing project after private housing project and sold thousands of homes and developments to Russian, Middle Eastern, Malaysian and Chinese businessmen, who then rent them out at massively inflated prices to low-earning Londoners.

Migrants bring their own issues, taking our homes ain't one.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:08 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:36 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

Say we would like to spend some of that 5 Bil on a Hospital , or a new motorway , or Cancer Research ?

We cant , we have to spend (our fckng money ! ) on what they say .

How can that be right

We have the 5th largest economy , Norway have the 23rd. Thats why they pay .

If you think Boris Johnson as PM is going to spend anything more on the NHS you are deluded. He has already declared he wants Health to be paid for at the Hospital check-in as in the US. That's not fear mongering but fact.

Personally I think all the Euro countries should move away from Brussels as the model is flawed, Greece has sold her democracy, cant even set her own budgets and Spain, Italy, Portugal and others are still sailing close to the edge, Italy has not grown 1% since joining the Euro nearly 20 years ago. However the prospect of an isolated UK with Johnson as PM, and the US dollar facing collapse and a 50% stock fall, some say over inflated by about 80%, and another referendum on Scotland the future looks not just uncertain but frightening.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:13 - Apr 21 with 3097 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:49 - Apr 21 by Jigsore

I'm not OP but I'd wager it's because he's a massive cûnt

And then there are the moronic elements of the argument....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 3085 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:01 - Apr 21 by R_from_afar

"Lots of fear-mongering, misinformation and silly claims on both sides". Just what I was thinking. I think it was Grayling who said we needed to leave or we would be flooded with terrorists.

Oh, and you'd better not punch Gove because if we leave, he will - shudder - be determining what your human rights are. Great.

Interesting that we're not seeing a lot of research or data from the leave camp, whereas various unconnected organisations are providing forecasts for the negative impact of leaving. Just as with climate change, though, there are muttering that those organisations are all partners in a massive conspiracy...

All this is going on as the EU brings in legislation to stop big corporations dodging tax. That has to be a good move.

RFA

The same 'unconnected' organisations that threw the same warnings (that all turned out to be nonsense) at the Icelandic President back in 2008.

Have a listen to him talking about it R from Afar, absolutely fantastic interview. Incredibly relevant.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:56 - Apr 21 with 3032 viewsderbyhoop

Economically there is no case to vote OUT. Whilst the Remain campaign cannot PROVE how big the downturn in the UK economy will be all the forecasts (100 leading economists in the FT in January, the CBI, BOE, IMF, HM Treasury and every reputable forecasting organisation) point to a significant fall in GDP. In response the Leave brigade can offer nothing but a wish list of the type of trade agreements we might be able to negotiate. A substantial fall in GDP will affect everything else.

Now if the Leave campaign want to argue on other grounds, e.g. immigration, democratic deficit, sovereignty then they may be able to put some supporting evidence for their case.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:03 - Apr 21 with 3026 viewsTheBlob

The EU is crumbling before your very eyes,and you're voting to stay in a building that is in danger of imminent collapse?The Greeks on the verge of another bailout,Deutsche Bank is on the brink,France is a basket case 90% owned by Germany- they want out,Germany is forging greater links with China and Russia......how many rats leaving sinking ships can you not spot?
Why did Cameron sign up the AIB,why does he have his wealth offshore?He knew what was coming.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 3003 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:56 - Apr 21 by derbyhoop

Economically there is no case to vote OUT. Whilst the Remain campaign cannot PROVE how big the downturn in the UK economy will be all the forecasts (100 leading economists in the FT in January, the CBI, BOE, IMF, HM Treasury and every reputable forecasting organisation) point to a significant fall in GDP. In response the Leave brigade can offer nothing but a wish list of the type of trade agreements we might be able to negotiate. A substantial fall in GDP will affect everything else.

Now if the Leave campaign want to argue on other grounds, e.g. immigration, democratic deficit, sovereignty then they may be able to put some supporting evidence for their case.

Hilarious! Just a few centimetres above your post on the screen is an interview with a politician who was given all the same warnings by all the same organisations and every single leader in the EU!

He then goes on to explain exactly how all those warnings proved to be false and even discusses the emphasis behind where they came from and what they were attempting to do in the financial market vs democracy debate.

Why not put your newspaper down and have an actual listen to the man who led a country in a similar situation to the one we face and showed that there was absolutely no need for the economic austerity that they were threatened with once they decided to act in the interests of the population they represented rather than being told what to do by the central financial organisations looking out for their own interests.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 2988 viewsQPRDave

We stay in,... our economy , our infrastructure, and our security will be in jeopardy FACT ...end of!!
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:41 - Apr 21 with 2976 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:56 - Apr 21 by derbyhoop

Did you say credible forecasting organisations. Just have a look back and see how inacurate they have been . The Treasury one this week was a joke . The big wheels are turning to line their own pockets , and I speak as a Tory voter ...
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 2963 viewsjonno

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:54 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

You are right there Blob ,

You just know that if we vote out , There will be more concessions offered that will be enough to mean a second vote and a third if nec .
I think that is what Boris is banking on , with an out vote in his back pocket becoming PM and playing hardball with the EU and eventually keeping us in , which he is in favour of really as we all suspect .

Agree with this. I think if we vote to leave, the EU will come back and offer us a genuinely "reformed" organisation. They can't/won't survive without our input and they know it.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:28 - Apr 21 with 2945 viewskensalriser

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:13 - Apr 21 by 1BobbyHazell

Hilarious! Just a few centimetres above your post on the screen is an interview with a politician who was given all the same warnings by all the same organisations and every single leader in the EU!

He then goes on to explain exactly how all those warnings proved to be false and even discusses the emphasis behind where they came from and what they were attempting to do in the financial market vs democracy debate.

Why not put your newspaper down and have an actual listen to the man who led a country in a similar situation to the one we face and showed that there was absolutely no need for the economic austerity that they were threatened with once they decided to act in the interests of the population they represented rather than being told what to do by the central financial organisations looking out for their own interests.

Don't really understand your point here.

Iceland wasn't in the EU and was bankrupt. Their situation then is not analogous with Britain's situation now. And their economy is miniscule in comparison.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:36 - Apr 21 with 2937 viewsTonto

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:28 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Iceland wasn't in the EU and was bankrupt. Their situation then is not analogous with Britain's situation now. And their economy is miniscule in comparison.

I think his response here and the one he gave to my post earlier can just be put under the "its all a conspiracy theory" heading and swiftly forgotten about...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:49 - Apr 21 with 2919 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:28 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Think it is relevant to the prevailing austerity across the EU and elsewhere on the basis they took a different approach that has served them very well, jailing the bankers who wrecked their economy whilst none have been held to account in the UK. 6 years into austerity and UK has more debt than ever due to Osbornes incompetence and should have focussed on infrastructure to build a real recovery for less debt than now exists and a powerhouse of an economy the EU could not let leave.
As it is UK and Sterling are basket cases unless you're a rich Arab or Chinese.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:53 - Apr 21 with 2872 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:07 - Apr 21 by whittocksRs

Never get involved in politics on here but this is fundamentally misunderstanding and misrepresenting the London housing market.

The reason all young people are now renting is Boris and Dave have okayed private housing project after private housing project and sold thousands of homes and developments to Russian, Middle Eastern, Malaysian and Chinese businessmen, who then rent them out at massively inflated prices to low-earning Londoners.

Migrants bring their own issues, taking our homes ain't one.

Where do all the 330k that arrive live then ?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 2645 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:36 - Apr 21 by Tonto

I think his response here and the one he gave to my post earlier can just be put under the "its all a conspiracy theory" heading and swiftly forgotten about...

It would appear you and Kensal haven't bothered to listen to the Icelandic President, his articulate and intelligent interview make the similarities extremely clear, all born of actually experiencing the same threats and predictions.

Have a listen rather than just conveniently dismissing me without being able to offer a single counter argument.

In fact just answer me one question effectively. Who is the world in debt to?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:02 - Apr 21 with 2638 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:49 - Apr 21 by Brightonhoop

Think it is relevant to the prevailing austerity across the EU and elsewhere on the basis they took a different approach that has served them very well, jailing the bankers who wrecked their economy whilst none have been held to account in the UK. 6 years into austerity and UK has more debt than ever due to Osbornes incompetence and should have focussed on infrastructure to build a real recovery for less debt than now exists and a powerhouse of an economy the EU could not let leave.
As it is UK and Sterling are basket cases unless you're a rich Arab or Chinese.

To reduce the debt you have to run a budget surplus . Difficult when a big part of your outgoings is debt payments you inherited .
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:03 - Apr 21 with 2636 viewsBrightonhoop

Vote Leave cant even sort out a domain name....

www.voteleave.co.uk

[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 17:30]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:05 - Apr 21 with 2630 viewswhittocksRs

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:53 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

Where do all the 330k that arrive live then ?

Not in the new houses being built, that's for sure. The issue isn't immigration, it's ideological social engineering through the housing market.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:08 - Apr 21 with 2627 viewsdaveB

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:22 - Apr 21 by QPRDave

We stay in,... our economy , our infrastructure, and our security will be in jeopardy FACT ...end of!!

and if we leave our economy , our infrastructure, and our security will be in jeopardy
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:15 - Apr 21 with 2621 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:05 - Apr 21 by whittocksRs

Not in the new houses being built, that's for sure. The issue isn't immigration, it's ideological social engineering through the housing market.

With respect , you have told me where they dont live .
Its simple maths , you have a housing stock and a group of UK citizens needing housing , then you admit 330k more people needing housing . Does that make housing more or less accessible and if you were a landlord faced with this inflated demand what would you do with the rent ....or a houseowner selling , the asking price ?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:27 - Apr 21 with 2606 viewsdaveB

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:15 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

With respect , you have told me where they dont live .
Its simple maths , you have a housing stock and a group of UK citizens needing housing , then you admit 330k more people needing housing . Does that make housing more or less accessible and if you were a landlord faced with this inflated demand what would you do with the rent ....or a houseowner selling , the asking price ?

We'll still get immigrants if we leave the EU, we did before we joined and that won't change. It might be slightly less but I can't see the numbers being hugely different.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:58 - Apr 21 with 2572 viewsTonto

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:57 - Apr 21 by 1BobbyHazell

It would appear you and Kensal haven't bothered to listen to the Icelandic President, his articulate and intelligent interview make the similarities extremely clear, all born of actually experiencing the same threats and predictions.

Have a listen rather than just conveniently dismissing me without being able to offer a single counter argument.

In fact just answer me one question effectively. Who is the world in debt to?

Banks

Now answer me this question which is waaaay more pertinent. What's that got to do with the in/out vote to the EU?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:33 - Apr 21 with 2560 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:27 - Apr 21 by daveB

We'll still get immigrants if we leave the EU, we did before we joined and that won't change. It might be slightly less but I can't see the numbers being hugely different.

Well in theory It will be reduced by the number of people who come at the moment either not to work or have skills that we dont need at the time .IE They do not have enough points . It will vary from year to year .
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 2553 viewsrobith

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:33 - Apr 21 by francisbowles

For me the main question is: 'Why are we having this referendum'? and the answer, I believe is 'because the government, influenced by the people, decided that all was not right in the EU'.

So what has changed? Very little, to make us want to stay and if anything more to make us want to leave. Turkey's accelerated drive towards membership was not something that the government wanted and the main problem of being outvoted by all those countries in the Euro as they vote in their own interests remains.

We are having the this referendum because, like with Scotland and Labour, Cameron likes playing with fire for short term political gains, in this case trying to truncate UKIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024