Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week 09:09 - Apr 21 with 33040 views1BobbyHazell

Well it looked like Obama flying all the way over to tell us to stay in (so his corporate chums can inflict TTIP on us ending our democracy) would be this week's winner. But Alistair Campbell's 'Putin and ISIS' (cracking combo) has smashed him out of the park. Putin and ISIS...brilliant.

Honourable mentions go to the 8 former US Treasury secretaries who wrote to The Times warning that Brexit was a threat to our 'special relationship'.

If they're at this level now they must have some serious sh1t planned for the next few weeks.

Stay calm and do some proper research about TTIP.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:57 - Apr 21 with 2966 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:08 - Apr 21 by daveB

and if we leave our economy , our infrastructure, and our security will be in jeopardy

No it won't .....we'll have control of who we can let in, that takes care of two of them anyway
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 2960 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:43 - Apr 21 by robith

We are having the this referendum because, like with Scotland and Labour, Cameron likes playing with fire for short term political gains, in this case trying to truncate UKIP

I would like to put it in simpler terms not being political in the slightest you've done 40 years in the scrubs the week before you leave the gov visits you and says are you sure you want to leave the world has changed you're on your own you wont survive
we give you 3 meals a day a roof , TV what more do you want?

well most lags would say f- you I will take my chances in the big wild world

what the gov forgot to mention is that if you want to do another 40 in stir that your new cell mate is going to bend you over your bunk and shaft you for the next 40 years if you survive it

the world is not about big business its about people, I'm out
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 2958 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:27 - Apr 21 by daveB

We'll still get immigrants if we leave the EU, we did before we joined and that won't change. It might be slightly less but I can't see the numbers being hugely different.

Dave we'll get imigrants we want, and be able to stop those we don't, and if the numbers were not hugely different then we need a new govt to implement stronger borders
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:50 - Apr 21 with 2929 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:58 - Apr 21 by Tonto

Banks

Now answer me this question which is waaaay more pertinent. What's that got to do with the in/out vote to the EU?

How can sovereign nations be in debt to institutions that exist within them? How can the Whole Planet owe 'money' to institutions that exist within it? How can we be in debt to ourselves? What system did/do we allow to be implemented that now means that just through the mere fact of going about our business of living, working, growing, making, selling and looking after ourselves we now owe more than we could ever payback to private institutions!? Can you not see the possibility of an elaborate long game scam?

Can you not see the utter illusionary and falsely created nature of this? Serious question Tonto.

This video gives an excellent explanation of how it begun and how fiercely it is now protected by those who run it.

I guarantee you'll find it interesting and more than eye opening.

If you ponder on the questions I asked and watch that documentary and listen to the Icelandic President I promise that you won't even need me to answer your question.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:09 - Apr 21 with 2866 viewsderbyhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:13 - Apr 21 by 1BobbyHazell

Hilarious! Just a few centimetres above your post on the screen is an interview with a politician who was given all the same warnings by all the same organisations and every single leader in the EU!

He then goes on to explain exactly how all those warnings proved to be false and even discusses the emphasis behind where they came from and what they were attempting to do in the financial market vs democracy debate.

Why not put your newspaper down and have an actual listen to the man who led a country in a similar situation to the one we face and showed that there was absolutely no need for the economic austerity that they were threatened with once they decided to act in the interests of the population they represented rather than being told what to do by the central financial organisations looking out for their own interests.

I'm sorry but I don't find any of the economic forecasts hilarious. The decision on June 23rd will affect the UK for a generation and is probably the most serious one most of us will ever take.

I did you the courtesy of listening to the Icelandic President and he did go against the economic orthodoxy of the time relating to failing banks. Whereas in the UK our Government chose to rescue RBS and Lloyds, as well as Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley, Iceland let their private banks go to the wall. But that was just in one sector of a relatively small economy that have stayed outside the EU. The UK is far bigger and more complex. And can you see Gideon or his successor taking radical options? Corbyn and McDonnell might, but not a Conservative government.

Economic forecasting is notoriously difficult as so many factors can influence the outcome but the near unanimity of the august bodies I quoted in my original post is why I came to the conclusion that, on economic grounds, we cannot afford to leave.

Maybe, just maybe, the UK outside the EU, can conclude a free trade agreement but what sort of deal and how long it will take nobody can answer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:50 - Apr 21 with 2841 viewsQPRDave

Obama using ww2 as his reasoning for uk to stay put.
Apparently the yanks lost thousands of soldiers during this war, coming over here to save us.
How bl**dy inconsiderate of us to not win our own war and drag the poor yanks into it.
Go home ya t**t
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:57 - Apr 21 with 2836 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:09 - Apr 21 by derbyhoop

I'm sorry but I don't find any of the economic forecasts hilarious. The decision on June 23rd will affect the UK for a generation and is probably the most serious one most of us will ever take.

I did you the courtesy of listening to the Icelandic President and he did go against the economic orthodoxy of the time relating to failing banks. Whereas in the UK our Government chose to rescue RBS and Lloyds, as well as Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley, Iceland let their private banks go to the wall. But that was just in one sector of a relatively small economy that have stayed outside the EU. The UK is far bigger and more complex. And can you see Gideon or his successor taking radical options? Corbyn and McDonnell might, but not a Conservative government.

Economic forecasting is notoriously difficult as so many factors can influence the outcome but the near unanimity of the august bodies I quoted in my original post is why I came to the conclusion that, on economic grounds, we cannot afford to leave.

Maybe, just maybe, the UK outside the EU, can conclude a free trade agreement but what sort of deal and how long it will take nobody can answer.

Thanks for listening Derby, I appreciate that, some interesting stuff I'm sure you'll agree. I completely agree with you about Gideon and Co not taking the sort of 'what's best for the people?' type action that Iceland took. But the similarity is in the level of scaremongering put out 'in unanimity by all the august bodies' at the time about what would happen to Iceland if they didn't accept the centralist financial status quo package of austerity. They werent quietly advised that their GDP may drop a little, they were warned of impending doom, and Gordon Brown put them on the Terrorist States list.

The last few minutes where he talks about how he feels we have to look at how we use our democracy in the face of pressure from the financial sector ties in with my above post to Tonto relating to our falsely created debt being used as a means to diminish our democratic sovereignty.

I couldn't agree with you more about the decision on the 23rd being the biggest one we will ever take. I wouldn't be writing all these long posts if I didn't ( I'm doing my best to keep them short!) Perhaps where we differ is I feel it will affect us for many generations to come and I do not see how leaving our children in the hands of TTIP and thus reducing their ability to change their own society could be deemed as anything but an utter failure on our part.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 22:59]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 23:47 - Apr 21 with 2802 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:09 - Apr 21 by derbyhoop

At the very worst we will revert to the WTO agreements that we entered in 1946 . You are buying the arguments from organisations that have a vested interest in us staying and are using flawed and skewed figures .The HM Treasury one was complete misrepresentation . Using their figures the average UK household income is 68k ...its actually 35 . Why did he choose 2030 as his example point , how the fck does he know whats going on in 14 years time ..its just silly . Oh and then there is TTIP .
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 00:15 - Apr 22 with 2779 viewsdaveB

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:57 - Apr 21 by QPRDave

No it won't .....we'll have control of who we can let in, that takes care of two of them anyway

Of course we will, we didn't have control before the EU and won't after, if immigrants want to come in they will get in
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 09:01 - Apr 22 with 2708 viewsfrancisbowles

Didn't most of these internationally recognised financial bodies believe that the euro was going to be great?

There is a large majority of countries in the EU using the Euro and the Euro is in trouble.
Under majority voting, these countries grouped together carry the power.

The EU needs the UK because we are net contributors, others countries are not, and EU (much of it UK) money has assisted many countries to build their infrastructure. Ireland used to have signs on their new roads stating this. New and developing countries want access to this eg Turkey. Turkey has recently done a deal with the EU regarding the migration crisis and have been given some promises i.e. accelerated access to membership.

These are just some of these issues that won't be good for the UK but which we will be forced to accept.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:35 - Apr 22 with 2686 viewsTacticalR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:48 - Apr 21 by kensalriser

Lots of fear-mongering, misinformation and silly claims on both sides. Getting very tiresome now. Hope I never see Gove at Loftus Road because I don't know how I'd stop myself punching his stupid fizzog as hard as I could.

I know you were joking, but just for the record if you do find yourself tempted...we can't defeat the British Establishment (or its Parliamentary representatives) with our fists, particularly as they have the police and the army behind them. We have to defeat them with our ideas.

Air hostess clique

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 2659 viewspaulparker

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:50 - Apr 21 by QPRDave

Obama using ww2 as his reasoning for uk to stay put.
Apparently the yanks lost thousands of soldiers during this war, coming over here to save us.
How bl**dy inconsiderate of us to not win our own war and drag the poor yanks into it.
Go home ya t**t

The same Obama that builds fences and spends fortunes to stop immigrants (Mexicans) entering the US. hypocrite of the highest order.

What everyone needs to understand is the fallout from the little ’ol UK leaving the EU will probably have a far reaching impact. The European main players and the US desperately want us to stay, not to mention Dave, he said he would go before the next election, if we vote out he will be gone toot sweet, (‘tout de suite’).

The fall out in the broadest terms is the likely breakup of the EU, the peripheral players such as the Swedes and the Dutch will make a calculated move, the Greeks who have been tittering on the edge will opt out and default, this is the one which will bring it down. Remember, we hold about 4% of this debt and were/are crapping ourselves, Germany holds circa 60%, they will properly wobble if they are left holding that, serves them right as they got fat on lending them the money with which to buy German products first place. This break up will take time, it won’t be an overnight event, in the meantime Scotland will split and join the EU.

So expect the likes of Obama and all the other big hitters to wade in on the remain side, they have a vested interest in maintaining the existing state of affairs, especially regarding financial-social- political issues.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:25 - Apr 22 with 2603 viewsAitch

For me the question of exit comes down to this.:

Would you ask all the neighbours in your street to vote on how you spend your wages or who is allowed to walk into your house?

If the answer is yes then vote to stay in. If not then vote out.

Both sides are scare mongering and given the years it'd take for things to settle it's unlikely that economic effect (either good or bad) will be dramatic.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 2598 viewsdaveB

Although the first instinct is to tell Obama where to shove his opinion I think it's probably worth hearing from him to find out what will happen with the Americans if we do exit the EU, these are things we need to know before the vote rather than basing it on guess work and fear mongering.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 2592 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 23:47 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

At the very worst we will revert to the WTO agreements that we entered in 1946 . You are buying the arguments from organisations that have a vested interest in us staying and are using flawed and skewed figures .The HM Treasury one was complete misrepresentation . Using their figures the average UK household income is 68k ...its actually 35 . Why did he choose 2030 as his example point , how the fck does he know whats going on in 14 years time ..its just silly . Oh and then there is TTIP .

But where are the quantified arguments from the Leave side? I don't believe there has been anything, not anything. I find that very worrying. Hope is not a strategy.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:37 - Apr 22 with 2590 viewsTheBlob

I believe America fought a revolutionary war over taxation.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:39 - Apr 22 with 2583 viewsTacticalR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:28 - Apr 22 by daveB

Although the first instinct is to tell Obama where to shove his opinion I think it's probably worth hearing from him to find out what will happen with the Americans if we do exit the EU, these are things we need to know before the vote rather than basing it on guess work and fear mongering.

It's an interesting question as to why Obama has taken this line, particularly as British foreign policy has been not to act independently of the US since the US pulled the plug on Suez in 1956.

Air hostess clique

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:49 - Apr 22 with 2559 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:39 - Apr 22 by TacticalR

It's an interesting question as to why Obama has taken this line, particularly as British foreign policy has been not to act independently of the US since the US pulled the plug on Suez in 1956.

Don't forget Obama is out on his ear in November and you don't know what regime will replace him.
Diplomatically Britain is still held in high esteem if only for an advisory capacity now,our historical presence makes it attractive to have onboard for foreign conflicts.
In short,we're still America's streetwalkers.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:55 - Apr 22 with 2546 viewsCamberleyR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:49 - Apr 21 by daveB

Not to worry, Boris Johnson will be prime minster if we leave and he did a great job negotiating the best deal for the sale of the Olympic Stadium so nothing to worry about.

Saw an interesting item on the news recently which said we pay £252 a year per person in the UK to be part of the EU which is about 18.8billion a year

What the leave campaigners (I can't say Brexit it's bloody embarrassing that this has caught on) don't mention is we get a rebate of around 5billion on that every year for farming, universities and business so we only actually pay £89 per person to be in EU. When Norway left the EU they still had to pay the EU to stay in the single market which worked out at £134 per person so more than we are paying to be in the thing.

I'm not convinced either way yet.

Norway's never been in the EU Dave. It's had two referendums in 1972 and 1994 about whether to join and each time it was about 53%-47% in favour to remain out.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 2538 viewsloftboy

So this year we have the chance of an EU exit,Boris/Jeremy as PM,Trump as president of the USA, hope it happens just for the fun factor!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 13:23]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:09 - Apr 22 with 2529 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:25 - Apr 22 by Aitch

For me the question of exit comes down to this.:

Would you ask all the neighbours in your street to vote on how you spend your wages or who is allowed to walk into your house?

If the answer is yes then vote to stay in. If not then vote out.

Both sides are scare mongering and given the years it'd take for things to settle it's unlikely that economic effect (either good or bad) will be dramatic.

Fair enough. One of the main issues for me is that the EU has managed to counterbalance a lot of the excesses of various UK governments. As an example, EU regulations have benefited the UK environment and therefore, our health and the places we call home.

I've said it before but I would also rather have the EU (with many members and therefore more balance) decide my human rights than the UK party in power.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:34 - Apr 22 with 2485 viewsTheBlob

One in the eye for the Establishment v The Prople - you don't know anything,leave it to the big(bent) "authorities" and lackies of the self- interested organisations.Yes like Paddy Pantsdown.

[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 13:35]

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:36 - Apr 22 with 2480 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:00 - Apr 22 by loftboy

So this year we have the chance of an EU exit,Boris/Jeremy as PM,Trump as president of the USA, hope it happens just for the fun factor!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 13:23]

Xmas will be a blast. Quite possibly nuclear.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 2465 viewsJuzzie

Are the government legally obliged to act upon the result of the referendum?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 2442 viewsdaveB

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:55 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

Norway's never been in the EU Dave. It's had two referendums in 1972 and 1994 about whether to join and each time it was about 53%-47% in favour to remain out.

It was on channel 4 news so should have taken it with a pinch of salt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024