Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tempur Mattresses 15:13 - May 4 with 12751 viewsWokingR

Relying on your wealth of knowledge has anyone got one of these or have any experience of other memory foam mattresses ?
At over £2,000 its a huge amount to pay for a mattress but if it does the job and can guarantee a pain free nights sleep it has to be worth it in the long run.
As always, any feedback would be much appreciated.
Tempur Mattresses on 15:51 - May 4 with 11441 viewsBrightonhoop

An ex had one, never got on with it, just didn't 'feel' right.

Depending on pain relief, and what sort, I found a 6 layer futon for 6 months was excellent at resolving long standing lower back problem and slept on one for years. For £2000 I'd be execting tea in bed each morning. That's alot of money for a mattress. imho
Tempur Mattresses on 16:03 - May 4 with 11423 viewsoddball

i have one as i suffer with chronic sciatica, would definitley recommend.but you do need to find one that suits your condition,ie soft,medium or firm.mine is a medium got it off ebay. the guy had barely used it. cost him £1850 i got for £300 had to travel to north yorkshire to collect but worth every pain free nights sleep ive had since.
Tempur Mattresses on 16:05 - May 4 with 11411 viewstoboboly

Good for dwarf tossing...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tempur Mattresses on 16:06 - May 4 with 11409 viewsitsbiga

I got a really good latex topper for my spring matress and one of those neck contour pillows
Made a massive difference to my sleep. Way cheaper than mem foam and not all the petro chemicals in latex that mem foam has

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Tempur Mattresses on 16:46 - May 4 with 11348 viewsLblock

I "acquired" one of these about two and a half years ago as I'd been suffering with a prolapsed disc and referred sciatica for years
It's a godsend
I still have the condition but I do feel the mattress has made a huge difference and I sleep much better
The only negative is you do get a bit hot and sweaty in our five and a half days of summer (unfortunately not in the way you'd like) but I'd sooner have my Tempur mattress than not

If you can afford it I'd go for it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Tempur Mattresses on 16:57 - May 4 with 11319 viewsWokingR

What I really need is to come round and spend a night in bed with one of you who have one.
In the interests of science obviously and no kissing on the lips.

I've done all the research and this certainly seems the way to go but it just seems a huge gamble paying £2,000 on something you don't really know will work for you or not until you have committed.
Tempur Mattresses on 16:59 - May 4 with 11317 viewsStraightR

Another vote for memory foam mattresses. I bought mine in a sale for £800 - I think the original price was £1200. It's a lot of money but well worth it to me.
Tempur Mattresses on 17:08 - May 4 with 11306 viewsMelakaRanger

We bought our Tempur mattresses and elevating bed in 2002. Cost just over £2000 then. Both are going strong and are VERY comfortable (still)

Our Tempur double bed is actually comprised of 2 x single elevating beds and 2 x mattresses. That way if my wife wants a different level of raised bed to me its easily done.

My wife also uses a Tempur pillow.

When the time comes we will replace the mattresses with like.

As said earlier, make sure you test drive the mattress first as there are different depths/firmness. Tempur used to do a 30 day money back trial if you bought direct from them. Dont know if they still do that.

I would also be very wary of buying similar but cheaper 'memory foam' mattresses. Go the whole hog and get Tempur. But shop around for a deal. We actually bought from a concession in Selfridges and got 20% off
Login to get fewer ads

Tempur Mattresses on 17:09 - May 4 with 11305 viewsTonto

There is a downside to memory foam mattresses - they can be very hot.

if (like me) you are one of those people who needs to be cool (or to put it another way sweats a lot at night) then memory foam can be too hot.

We have a Mammoth sport mattress - its also meant for bad backs, but isn't memory foam, and has slots cut into it which help the heat escape. It is also bloody expensive though and difficult to find. I would recommend it though.

At the end of the day, you should go and try them out at a proper store. I also notice several places now do them on trial, which means you can give it back if it doesn't work

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tempur Mattresses on 17:14 - May 4 with 11299 viewshubble

I bought a memory foam mattress from Warren Evans - called 'perfect memory' it's only about £500 now (was about £700 when I got it 2 years ago) and fantastic to sleep on (may take a few nights to get used to it).

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Tempur Mattresses on 17:56 - May 4 with 11257 viewskarl

Another positive for the memory foam. Ours has a bamboo (?) layer to supposedly make it cooler but it is warm and we don't have the problem of hot summer nights!
One thing I will add is that it took me a couple of weeks to feel comfortable and feel at home in it, trying for one night won't tell you much imo, that's not an invitation to stay for a week btw!
Tempur Mattresses on 18:55 - May 4 with 11185 viewsBoston

Dunno 'bout you, but when it comes to bedtime I prefer a stiff one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tempur Mattresses on 20:50 - May 4 with 11083 viewsTripper

These guys are excellent for all bed requirements.

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/
Tempur Mattresses on 20:59 - May 4 with 11078 viewsLythamR

I had one and although i was initially impressed i got fed up with the lack of give and bounce after a couple of years so i have switched to a sealy posturepeadic which is medium firm pocket sprung with a geltex layer. its a much cooler experience and i have noticeably fewer aches.

worth considering as an alternative

https://www.landofbeds.co.uk/sealy/mattresses/eaton-ortho-pocket-1400-geltex
Tempur Mattresses on 02:23 - May 5 with 10955 viewsstowmarketrange

I think they do a 100 day free trial on Tempur.That might be worth a go.At least you can see if it'll do you any good before you part with the readies.
Tempur Mattresses on 03:46 - May 5 with 10942 viewsFredManRave

Case closed.

Not even worth the risk if even 1% of this is true;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tempur Mattresses on 06:24 - May 5 with 10919 viewsLadbrokeR

Tempur Mattresses on 16:46 - May 4 by Lblock

I "acquired" one of these about two and a half years ago as I'd been suffering with a prolapsed disc and referred sciatica for years
It's a godsend
I still have the condition but I do feel the mattress has made a huge difference and I sleep much better
The only negative is you do get a bit hot and sweaty in our five and a half days of summer (unfortunately not in the way you'd like) but I'd sooner have my Tempur mattress than not

If you can afford it I'd go for it

Tempur mattreses are a bit of you
Tempur Mattresses on 06:53 - May 5 with 10905 viewssilky

Bought one when they were first introduced. Love it, it can get warm but that is the only downside, I get a really nice refreshing sleep.

Bought in the UK and took it with me to NZ.

I can't believe people have a price on a good night sleep. I mean we do this every night, I'd invest a lot of cash on a good bed and mattress easily if I had the money. Think the mattress was around £1000 at the time and has been worth every penny!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Tempur Mattresses on 07:08 - May 5 with 10901 viewsBerkoRanger

Oh come on, give it a rest......
Tempur Mattresses on 08:04 - May 5 with 10862 viewsWokingR

Thanks all. Took the plunge and ordered one last night after spending over an hour in the showroom trying various options.
Thought the salesgirl was going to tuck me in for the night at one point as she encourages you to spend so long on each one.
Thanks also for the advice on finding the best price. Did a bit of research first and then went to Dreams who will price match.
Just got to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive now then you're all welcome to come and try it.
Come on Karl, you know you want to.
Tempur Mattresses on 09:40 - May 5 with 10813 viewskarl

Tempur Mattresses on 08:04 - May 5 by WokingR

Thanks all. Took the plunge and ordered one last night after spending over an hour in the showroom trying various options.
Thought the salesgirl was going to tuck me in for the night at one point as she encourages you to spend so long on each one.
Thanks also for the advice on finding the best price. Did a bit of research first and then went to Dreams who will price match.
Just got to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive now then you're all welcome to come and try it.

Well done Woking, side effect of this thread is that i now have ads for mattresses popping up, pleasant change from the ones your threads normally create.....
Tempur Mattresses on 09:56 - May 5 with 10800 viewsBlackCrowe

If you shop around, you can get them very discounted (40%), which is what we did a couple of years. Amazing comfort - can't recommend enough. As others have said can get a bit warm on a summer's night but get the cotton topper (c.£100) and that helps.

Enjoy.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Tempur Mattresses on 10:06 - May 5 with 10789 viewshoof_hearted

Tempur Mattresses on 08:04 - May 5 by WokingR

Makes no difference what it costs or what its made of if its covered in an inch of crust by the end of the month.
Tempur Mattresses on 10:20 - May 5 with 10768 viewskarl

Tempur Mattresses on 10:06 - May 5 by hoof_hearted

Makes no difference what it costs or what its made of if its covered in an inch of crust by the end of the month.

You know when they advertise Bed and Breakfast.....?
Tempur Mattresses on 13:15 - May 5 with 10675 viewsFDC

Sounds like I late to the thread, but in case anyone else is in the market: I got one of these last year, best purchase I've ever made, and good value too:

https://www.leesa.co.uk/products/leesa-mattress

Loads of podcasts were advertising discount codes at the time, can probably still find one somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024