Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on the radio 17:51 - Nov 25 with 20157 views442Dale

What happened? Almost no mention whatsoever of the game and talking about chants he heard, doesn't like it when "our own supporters are singing disrespectful songs about us". Even Wagg made a point of saying that being sat right behind the dugout he was very unsure about what Hill was talking about.

What were the chants? A massive shame that he isn't focusing on a great win after a clever change in tactics by the manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 11:12 - Nov 26 with 2352 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 11:06 - Nov 26 by 442Dale

So you're completely sure it won't be in the MEN or the Observer this week?

Or do they provide fish which you can wrap yourself in newsagents?

It's now such a non story that I would be both amazed and disappointed if viewed as going to print news worthy.
Hill on the radio on 11:13 - Nov 26 with 2349 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 11:03 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Russ spoke to hilly it's all water under the bridge now.

A row in the marriage.... To use one of hills own sayings.

We are holding hands again this morning over breakfast.

It's fish and chip wrapper already.

Not really. When it’s online, it’s there forever

That’s unless they wrap fish & chips in computers in Heywood these days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 11:16 - Nov 26 with 2334 viewsMorden

Hill on the radio on 09:37 - Nov 26 by 442Dale

That's great, all cleared up. It's really good that online forums such as this and other social media have seen such a positive reaction on behalf of fans and in support of the manager who, as is rightly pointed out, is going through a difficult time. By alerting people at Spotland of such misunderstandings illustrates we all have a part to play in ensuring the club's standing in the media is not impacted.

Hopefully this will lead to Radio Manchester Sport being informed as they were obviously baffled last night and may still be wondering what's going on until they're put right. This applies to other media outlets as well, letting them know there is no story whatsoever is crucial so we can focus again on a positive result and the effective changes made by the manager.

Love this club
Hill on the radio on 11:16 - Nov 26 with 2334 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 11:13 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

There is plenty of dross on line I agree. But really, it's gone for hill and it should be for us as well.

Been there before with hill and we will be there again.

Storm in a tea cup from what I can see.
Hill on the radio on 11:16 - Nov 26 with 2329 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 11:12 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

It's now such a non story that I would be both amazed and disappointed if viewed as going to print news worthy.

But the Observer haven’t yet had chance to report on it. They did it with that ridiculous “disconnect” comment two years ago so there’s nothing to think they won’t do it again.

Hill on the radio on 11:18 - Nov 26 with 2326 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 11:16 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

There is plenty of dross on line I agree. But really, it's gone for hill and it should be for us as well.

Been there before with hill and we will be there again.

Storm in a tea cup from what I can see.

....which has already been seized upon by several media outlets and reported completely incorrectly.

Mud sticks.

Hill on the radio on 11:21 - Nov 26 with 2314 viewsfitzochris

And once again it shows why shit stirring can be so damaging.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill on the radio on 11:24 - Nov 26 with 2297 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 11:18 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

....which has already been seized upon by several media outlets and reported completely incorrectly.

Mud sticks.

What mud?

A misunderstanding that's been explained to hill. All is good.

Why would this be a big deal deemed newsworthy.

Hill knows - we know - fook anybody else they can think what they like we know the truth.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on the radio on 11:39 - Nov 26 with 2264 viewsfitzochris

Hill on the radio on 11:24 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

What mud?

Hill knows - we know - fook anybody else they can think what they like we know the truth.

Let me introduce you to a very important concept known as reputation management.

Hill on the radio on 11:43 - Nov 26 with 2252 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 11:24 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

What mud?

It doesn’t matter what we know or think, newspapers and other media will publish what they want.

It’s the headline on the match report in today’s Football League Paper for starters.

It just doesn’t match the Team Rochdale hashtag that’s used quite often.

Hill on the radio on 11:48 - Nov 26 with 2232 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 11:39 - Nov 26 by fitzochris

Let me introduce you to a very important concept known as reputation management.

Fitz I enjoy your posts a lot but sorry that's bollox.

If the best the MEN and Ob can come up with is a headline regarding this discussion they are in trouble as a newspaper.

Seriously it's gone.. Even if it crops up feably as a story this week.

Hill now knows the truth, we supporters know the truth.....

If the club wanted to nip this in the bud then great better out the papers than in but if this non story went to press it would hardly register a ripple in the duck pond.
Hill on the radio on 11:54 - Nov 26 with 2216 viewsfitzochris

Hill on the radio on 11:48 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

If the best the MEN and Ob can come up with is a headline regarding this discussion they are in trouble as a newspaper.

If the club wanted to nip this in the bud then great better out the papers than in but if this non story went to press it would hardly register a ripple in the duck pond.

Okay, I’m sorry, but your lack of intelligence has shone through here.

Your ideal is quaint but incredibly naive. I’ll not go into a long-winded post about the mechanics of why what happened yesterday is potentially damaging but will briefly touch on online reputation management.

Whatever we think of the resolution to this situation, those media outlets will report on the negative, as the BBC already has. Like it or not, bad news is still good news.

These reports will then show up in all online search results for Rochdale AFC. If you’re small minded enough not to care about our wider reputation, then fair enough, but I’d rather our modern mentality sought for the positive Team Rochdale ethos to shine through beyond the village inn.

Hill on the radio on 12:10 - Nov 26 with 2145 viewsR17ALE

Hill on the radio on 11:54 - Nov 26 by fitzochris

Your ideal is quaint but incredibly naive. I’ll not go into a long-winded post about the mechanics of why what happened yesterday is potentially damaging but will briefly touch on online reputation management.

Whatever we think of the resolution to this situation, those media outlets will report on the negative, as the BBC already has. Like it or not, bad news is still good news.

These reports will then show up in all online search results for Rochdale AFC. If you’re small minded enough not to care about our wider reputation, then fair enough, but I’d rather our modern mentality sought for the positive Team Rochdale ethos to shine through beyond the village inn.

And to add to that, the match report in The Sun today only talked about this non-story. No mention of Rathbone's MOM display or our new formation.

No doubt the Ob will focus on it sending out the negative vibe that they so love doing about us.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hill on the radio on 12:13 - Nov 26 with 2120 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 00:23 - Nov 26 by dingdangblue

What's more bizarre (and I know Shun has already mentioned this) - the chant claiming 'how shit must you be - we're winning at home'?
We are generally very good at home and very hard to beat? The chant makes no sense whatsoever - never mind Hill singling it out for criticism. A complete 'heads gone' moment from Hilly to be bothered by this. What about the superb win? What about Calvins wonderful finish? What about the new formation? What about Ollie's wonderful performance?

Maybe the media interviewing him didn’t think those questions were worth asking once they’d got their soundbites.

Hill on the radio on 12:24 - Nov 26 with 2089 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 18:27 - Nov 25 by nordenblue

Did he not mention it too like he'd read it too somewhere,it sounded like he may have heard/read about possible unrest on here maybe

Keith hill reads this message board and takes offence at fans talking sh1te (myself included). And then talks about it after a win? Sounds like bollox to me, Jesus if he took notice of anyone on here, he would go right down in my estimation . One week he would sack hendo, the week after he would be inviting Ricky lambert in for a trial, he would have had joe bunney shot two years ago

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on the radio on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 2091 views1mark1

It is all such a shame, after a nice win, good goals etc. Could and should have concentrated on the use of good tactics to achieve the win, performances and goals.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hill on the radio on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 2044 viewsDorsetDale

Hill on the radio on 11:48 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

"we supporters know the truth"

Those of us that use this forum and other Dale related on-line media are most certainly by far the minority when it comes to Rochdale fans. There are many more fans out there, casual or otherwise, than regularly attend games, and probably only likely to read about Dale in the sports section of the papers, along with sports fans in general.

I think you've miss-judged this one for the above reason as well as Fitzo's reasoning.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Hill on the radio on 14:16 - Nov 26 with 1892 views1949er

HEY

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Hill on the radio on 14:35 - Nov 26 with 1847 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 11:13 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Chips wrapped in chips? They all need pissing on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 1848 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 11:54 - Nov 26 by fitzochris

Fitz,

Never have I claimed to be an itellegent bloke or superior over any other who post on her so thanks for that opening line.

I probably am being naive as I don't do any social media apart from posting on here ( does that even count? )

Misjudged maybe but it just sounds like a typical hill comment - I bet hilly will not be giving it a second thought today.

Out of interest then what should the club and hilly do now to resolve?
Hill on the radio on 14:46 - Nov 26 with 1818 viewsdalenumber2

Hill on the radio on 14:36 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Fitz,

Never have I claimed to be an itellegent bloke or superior over any other who post on her so thanks for that opening line.

I probably am being naive as I don't do any social media apart from posting on here ( does that even count? )

Misjudged maybe but it just sounds like a typical hill comment - I bet hilly will not be giving it a second thought today.

It would go along way if Hill acknowledged his mistake, maybe in his next interview, however it probably won't happen so we need to move on.
Hill on the radio on 14:52 - Nov 26 with 1800 views442Dale

Fitz,

A simple confirmation that it was a misunderstanding, something which has been accepted in the earlier post which stated the chief exec had informed Hill of it being exactly that.

We are aware because it's been relayed to supporters via this medium, the club could very easily do the same so it becomes the "official stance" on the matter - something the wider media will then have to accept. Then maybe we can look at how these situations develop in the first place and try and plan to avoid them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 15:07 - Nov 26 with 1774 viewsTVOS1907

Fitz,

Perhaps some form of acknowledgement of the misunderstanding and how to avoid similar in future.

Hill on the radio on 16:21 - Nov 26 with 1706 viewsdingdangblue

He's never complained about 'Rochdale's a shithole - we already know' - in the past - does that mean he agrees with that one! 😮 ☹️

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 16:54 - Nov 26 with 1657 viewsfitzochris

Fitz,

Okay, I admit my first sentence was a bit harsh. A defence mechanism at being accused of talking bollocks. For that I apologise.

The rest I stand by.

As for what I would recommend, Dalenumber2, 442 and TVOS have all nailed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024