Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on the radio 17:51 - Nov 25 with 20156 views442Dale

What happened? Almost no mention whatsoever of the game and talking about chants he heard, doesn't like it when "our own supporters are singing disrespectful songs about us". Even Wagg made a point of saying that being sat right behind the dugout he was very unsure about what Hill was talking about.

What were the chants? A massive shame that he isn't focusing on a great win after a clever change in tactics by the manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 18:00 - Nov 26 with 3064 viewsBass1

Just sat down to read the match report in the Sun. Hilly, you have got it all wrong! The chants you heard from our youthful supporters weren't aimed at you. They were having a laugh amongst themselves, aiming the chant at someone in the stand.
I know, I was sat right next to them.
Hilly, let me just say that the supporters of Rochdale have so much respect for you that if anyone was to dare disrespect you, then we would turn on them ourselves without any input from yourself
You are, without doubt, the best manager in our 110 year history.
Anyone reading the match report will now assume that there is a rift between the management and the fans. THERE ISN'T ONE! You are making it all up!

By the way Mr Hill, your tactics yesterday were brilliant, the players played fantastic and I went home very happy. ALL the Dale fans did.
Let's all move on and look forward to the next game.

Hill on the radio on 19:25 - Nov 26 with 2910 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 12:10 - Nov 26 by R17ALE

And to add to that, the match report in The Sun today only talked about this non-story. No mention of Rathbone's MOM display or our new formation.

No doubt the Ob will focus on it sending out the negative vibe that they so love doing about us.

Who reads the Rochdale observer ? Jeez the heart of the community that fecked off years ago, and nicks all its stories. As credible as paul Rowen, Cyril smith, Ashley dearnley , simon danczuk and Richard farnell

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on the radio on 19:46 - Nov 26 with 2868 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 19:25 - Nov 26 by rochdaleriddler

Who reads the Rochdale observer ? Jeez the heart of the community that fecked off years ago, and nicks all its stories. As credible as paul Rowen, Cyril smith, Ashley dearnley , simon danczuk and Richard farnell

One person is enough.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 2698 viewsScunnydale

I had a few messages over the weekend asking what was wrong with Rochdale fans: "why would they boo the manager during his 500th game, a game that they won 2-0?" That sort of thing.

If it hadn't been for this forum, I wouldn't have known the answer. I could have guessed that it was all bollox, but I wouldn't have known for sure.

How are fans of other clubs supposed to know? They've read that Dale fans booed their greatest ever manager during a 2-0 win. It's a great story to newspapers/websites. Would fans of other clubs really have read a story about Dale switching to three CBs?

What newspapers/websites aren't particularly good at is following up on little, throwaway nib stories like this. Unless we go round every newspaper website and have a link to an official statement saying that this story is bollox (but more professionally phrased!) we will have to just suck it up and hope, next time, there isn't such confusion.
Hill on the radio on 07:51 - Nov 28 with 2351 viewsaleanddale

Whilst not wanting to resurrect fish and chip paper

anybody see the Holloway rant last night at QPR fans?

On live Sky TV as well. Proper laid into them for leaving early and not supporting the team.

Ten times worse than Hilly on the Radio IMO.
Hill on the radio on 08:55 - Nov 28 with 2314 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 07:51 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

On live Sky TV as well. Proper laid into them for leaving early and not supporting the team.

Aye, typically tongue-in-cheek stuff from Holloway.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 9:01]

Hill on the radio on 09:05 - Nov 28 with 2307 viewsBigKindo

....... and now it is the headline on Dale's page on the BBC Sport site. More fake news!
Hill on the radio on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 2276 viewsCockneyDale

The club need to get it corrected/updated. Him misunderstanding the chant is actually quite a cute little story, though makes him sound paranoid
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on the radio on 10:06 - Nov 28 with 2251 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 09:05 - Nov 28 by BigKindo

....... and now it is the headline on Dale's page on the BBC Sport site. More fake news!

Or more hake news.....?

Hill on the radio on 12:11 - Nov 28 with 2158 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hill on the radio on 10:06 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

Or more hake news.....?

It was reported in the suns match report yesterday. Reporters have not misquoted him they just don’t know what they are reporting about. He should wise up and get the facts before he slags our fans off again. If he’s hyper sensitive because of remarks on here then maybe he shouldn’t read this board.
Hill on the radio on 13:27 - Nov 28 with 2079 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 07:51 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

He is a funny man

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on the radio on 13:44 - Nov 28 with 2064 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on the radio on 09:46 - Nov 28 by CockneyDale

The club need to get it corrected/updated. Him misunderstanding the chant is actually quite a cute little story, though makes him sound paranoid

He hasn't misunderstood though. The fans did sing 'how shit must you be - we are winning at home' - it's a stupid chant - we aren't shit at home, we are hard to beat and Blackburn apart - we've been ok. Now if we win away and the fans sing it then that's another story - you can't deny the fact that we are shit away.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 14:15 - Nov 28 with 2029 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 13:44 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

He hasn't misunderstood though. The fans did sing 'how shit must you be - we are winning at home' - it's a stupid chant - we aren't shit at home, we are hard to beat and Blackburn apart - we've been ok. Now if we win away and the fans sing it then that's another story - you can't deny the fact that we are shit away.

I agree, and those rubbing their half a brain cell to think up such rubbish are for the second week running creating problems we could do without

Add to this their chant about Slew which included the already mentioned "we're not being racist, but..." and you have a group of fans bringing the club into disrepute

And no, i'm not going to shout them down at the game, i go to watch the football, peacefully

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 15:20 - Nov 28 with 1965 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 13:44 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Agree with that, but it was the "getting sacked in the morning" line, which Hill himself referred to, that is the misunderstanding that could have done with being cleared up.

Hill on the radio on 16:21 - Nov 28 with 1896 viewsaleanddale

Hill on the radio on 15:20 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

Agree with that, but it was the "getting sacked in the morning" line, which Hill himself referred to, that is the misunderstanding that could have done with being cleared up.

all this over a tray of dropped pies!!!
Hill on the radio on 16:22 - Nov 28 with 1896 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on the radio on 15:20 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

Sorry I've not read or heard him comment on that - just the other chant - where does he mention fans singing getting sacked in the morning? Is it in the full ifollow interview?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 16:42 - Nov 28 with 1873 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 16:22 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Sorry I've not read or heard him comment on that - just the other chant - where does he mention fans singing getting sacked in the morning? Is it in the full ifollow interview?

Can't remember now, but it has been mentioned somewhere. It might have even been part of the same interview.

Hill on the radio on 17:11 - Nov 28 with 1830 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hill on the radio on 14:15 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

I agree, and those rubbing their half a brain cell to think up such rubbish are for the second week running creating problems we could do without

Add to this their chant about Slew which included the already mentioned "we're not being racist, but..." and you have a group of fans bringing the club into disrepute

And no, i'm not going to shout them down at the game, i go to watch the football, peacefully

Out of interest how does the we are not racist chant go I haven’t heard that one.
Hill on the radio on 17:41 - Nov 28 with 1785 viewsD_Alien

Hill on the radio on 17:11 - Nov 28 by rochdale_ranger

Out of interest how does the we are not racist chant go I haven’t heard that one.

When Slew came on, the lads started going "Slewwwww" like cricket fans do for Roooooot

I've not noticed anyone adding "We're not being racist, but Rooooot" to the Root version, so why add it for Slew? I don't think anyone'd think they were booing him. It just brings attention to their perception of his race, which no-one else could care less about

[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 17:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 17:45 - Nov 28 with 1778 views442Dale

It's the main story on the back page of the Ob. It even mentions about the misunderstanding around the "sacked in the morning", so whoever wrote the article must have been fully aware of the info in this thread where the chief exec contacted the manager.

Despite this clarification they still saw fit to include quotes from Hill which state how he has shown loyalty to the club, that he's turned down opportunities to leave and that he expects loyalty back. (Worth noting the GMR interview appear to have an edit as these bits weren't included)

Quite why once the club were aware of the interview and misunderstandings there wasn't further representation to the media is a question only they can answer.

Edit: inside they have further quotes where he says he's 99% positive about everything including the fans and praises the fans who travelled to Charlton.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 17:50]

Hill on the radio on 18:21 - Nov 28 with 1716 viewsaleanddale

Edit: inside they have further quotes where he says he's 99% positive about everything including the fans and praises the fans who travelled to Charlton.

Thumbs up emoji
Hill on the radio on 18:24 - Nov 28 with 1703 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hill on the radio on 17:41 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

When Slew came on, the lads started going "Slewwwww" like cricket fans do for Roooooot

I've not noticed anyone adding "We're not being racist, but Rooooot" to the Root version, so why add it for Slew? I don't think anyone'd think they were booing him. It just brings attention to their perception of his race, which no-one else could care less about

Does sound silly and unimaginative, I heard them from the main stand ( I sit near the net in front of the sandy) and I heard the we’re winning at home song which I thought was stupid so Hill would of heard it. If we win on Saturday and win the next three after that then Hill will be able to put two fingers up to his critics on here. Until then he shouldn’t be going into interviews slagging our fans off because of a few kids in the corner with naff chants. The best revenge is success.
Hill on the radio on 18:28 - Nov 28 with 1695 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 18:21 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

Thumbs up emoji

Indeed. Shame about the rest.

From the chant itself, to the reaction, to the choices made around ensuring the club are represented more positively, to the media themselves, it's certainly an example of where various people could ask whether their choices and actions could have been improved.

To deny that is to let yourself down.

Hill on the radio on 18:31 - Nov 28 with 1684 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 18:21 - Nov 28 by aleanddale

Thumbs up emoji

Wouldn’t that have made a better back page story?

Hill on the radio on 18:39 - Nov 28 with 1677 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 17:41 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

As a main stander myself, most games I cannot make out the singing from either end, it is so quiet. Football chants are very often in poor taste, if the rules at spotland were applied rigorously , hundreds of people would be ejected every game, me included. 'The referee's a winker' is swearing, and disrespectful to the bas**** in the black for example. Mr Hill is very thin skinned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024